search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 5th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #101
BabuCS
C. S. Babu

Likes (Received): 203

I agree. I don't see much difference between fundamentalists and our 'so called' environmentalists. The problem is they gain little bit of knowledge from incompetent sources and take that in their hands and start another set of schools, with their own curriculum and inhuman activities, to educate the rest of us.

I believe proper education is the only solution to all these problems.

Last edited by BabuCS; February 14th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
BabuCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #102
Sali_varakkal

Likes (Received): 471

The HAL Facility getting up steam

The HAL Facility in Seetangoli, Kasaragod is getting up steam. The ad for new joinees which appeared in dailies recently. One of the non-polluting initiatives promoted in Kasaragod Kerala.

UNQUOTE :

Mr. Antony said the initial investment for the project would be Rs.66.31 crore and production was expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2009-10.

In the first phase, the facility would assemble, test and manufacture six types of air-borne mission computers. Thereafter, the facility would shift to production of other systems and sub-systems for various aircraft, such as the Medium Lift Helicopter and the fifth generation aircraft, he said.

Details of this project cross post from Poject and Dev Thread

link :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=684220

CareeR ad LINK :
http://www.hal-india.com/careers/hyd...e_31-12-10.pdf

Synopsis of the project : from old thread in SSC

LINK : http://udayavani.com/news/1723L14-HA...eetangoli.html
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #103
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabuCS View Post
I agree. I don't see much difference among Taliban, LeT and our 'so called' environmentalists. The problem is they gain little bit of knowledge from incompetent sources practicing religion, environment etc and take that in their hands and start another set of schools, with their own curriculum and inhuman activities, to educate the rest of us.

I believe proper education is the only solution to all these problems.
And there is no different to you also, who is going far extreme for development. !! Man , the pure environmental thoughts not considering the development and the pure development thoughts not considering the environment are equally dangerous.!! starting a coal plant is a direct violation of Kyoto discussions, As coal is more harmful compared to other fuels. And it will be more critical to start it in Kerala.
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #104
BabuCS
C. S. Babu

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
And there is no different to you also, who is going far extreme for development. !! Man , the pure environmental thoughts not considering the development and the pure development thoughts not considering the environment are equally dangerous.!! starting a coal plant is a direct violation of Kyoto discussions, As coal is more harmful compared to other fuels. And it will be more critical to start it in Kerala.
I didn't mean forget the environment and start development!! There must be a fine balance between both. India will be growing at nearly 10% annually and we need power, jobs etc to sustain it. And let us leave the decision of determining that balance to professionals, not pseudo intellectuals.
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #105
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 6038

Quote:
What about gas based plant? They are opposing that also. Reasons are biodiversity, endosulfan and abundance of water.
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #106
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1080

Read my post again!!
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #107
kayestee

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
What about gas based plant? They are opposing that also. Reasons are biodiversity, endosulfan and abundance of water.
I wonder what is the objective of the environmentalists? I'm not a great fan of LNG based power plant . But that is the only option we have compared to Coal Fired or Nuclear etc. Hydro electric would have had least carbon footprint but at the expense of other ecological damage.

Cheemeni, has been in the news in the past for heavy industry . A petrochemical complex was proposed here in past. But like many other proposals , that too is gathering dust. Cheemeni is the best place in Kasaragod district on a hill top where you can find about 200 acres ( flat surface ) without much displacement of human population.

Surely, laterite hillocks can't be a show stopper for a power plant.
kayestee está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #108
Sali_varakkal

Foradian Technologies in the News

Good to hear Kasaragod based IT contributions when the whole of Kerala is poised to a Leap in IT front with one UNIFIED Brand IT @ KERALA.

http://www.foradian.com/about.php

Our Motto is "Business in Next Dimension".
We have our corporate office at Mangalore, Karnataka, India. Our factory from where all the services are delivered is located at Kasargod, a district in Gods own land, Kerala. We have our client base all over the world. Our Marketing Team operates from major cities of India like Mumbai, Bangalore, Cochin and Middle East

LINK : from the hindu on the service offered by the Kasargod org, HQ'ed at Mangalapuram, Karnataka.

http://hindu.com/2010/12/12/stories/...1262220700.htm

MANGALORE: A new website that is billed to emerge as a commercial networking site of the future will offer a host of services, including the one that enables you to send, receive, store, sort, print, search and pay a range of bills.

Conceived by P.C. Hashir, managing director of Peeci Group, a masters degree holder in engineering from NIT-K Surathkal, the website billmailid.com “will enable overseas citizens to get all their home country bills to their BillMail ID and pay it.”

Mr. Hashir told presspersons here on Saturday that mobile phone number in reverse order will be the id for the website to be launched globally from Monday.

Promising to link all banks and financial institutions and making it available through bank counters, ATMs, kiosks at strategic locations and third party franchisees, he said: “People can store all their bills for many years in the cloud which is part of BillMail ID and all this for free”.

The website will find ways to get all payment options into the portal — credit or debit card, cheque, cash and cash cards.

An advantage it offers, Mr. Hashir said, was that traders can use the “patented application” for creating their bills and link it to their accounting software. There would be a free downloadable version of the billing software which they can use for offline purposes as well. One member of the portal could send an invoice to another user who would send a purchase order followed by a bill and then get payment and subsequently deliver goods. It would thus emerge as a commercial networking site and unique id could percolate into people's business card, he said.

Mr. Hashir said the company had already struck an agreement with a bank but the contractual clauses prevented him from revealing its name.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM   #109
BabuCS
C. S. Babu

Quote:
Deepak Parekh has an answer for you as well. From IE conversations with Sekhar Gupta.

"Shekhar Gupta: What has made you find so much negativity?

Deepak Parekh: Disbursements on large projects are not happening, environment issues are coming in the way of development. Now, we want the environment to be protected, we want ecological improvements, but somewhere, we have to draw a balance. Do we want growth, and if we want growth, we have to make some sacrifices or take precautions. But you cannot say that you cannot give permissions. There is a disconnect between the industry ministry and the environment ministry. My personal view is, look at the existing industries that are creating all the pollution, emissions. They are going scot-free. Why can’t you try and clean the existing ones? I think you should have a responsibility to improve the existing industries. Don’t block a new entrant. And I don’t think we’ve lost it."
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:55 AM   #110
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 3027

Madhur Temple, Up North, Kazaragod.

[IMG]http://i52.************/no61pu.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/1sco3p.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/2dt50ll.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.************/mtleh3.jpg[/IMG]

CC-myself

Last edited by sanjupalayat; December 29th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #111
BabuCS
C. S. Babu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjupalayat View Post
Madhur Temple, Up North, Kazaragod.

[IMG]http://i53.************/mtleh3.jpg[/IMG]

CC-myself
Awesome!!

Any idea how old this temple is??
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #112
Sali_varakkal

Quote:
Awesome!!

Any idea how old this temple is??
No idea how old the structure is.

Sanjuetta thank you for posting Sri Maddur SiddhiVinayakar updates. In this temple you can see the structure where King Tipu Sultan's sword was shattered when attempting to attack the Kovil.
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #113
Sali_varakkal

National Tulu Festival from January 14

The Kerala Tulu Academy will hold the first National Tulu Festival in Kerala at Paivalige, near Manjeswaram, from January 14 to 16.

The festival will focus on the richness of the Tulu language and culture and highlight the activities of the academy to promote the language, the mother tongue of a sizeable number of people in the northern-most areas of Kerala and parts of coastal Karnataka

Link :

http://www.hindu.com/2011/01/05/stor...0550730200.htm
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #114
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 3027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sali_varakkal View Post
No idea how old the structure is.

Sanjuetta thank you for posting Sri Maddur SiddhiVinayakar updates. In this temple you can see the structure where King Tipu Sultan's sword was shattered when attempting to attack the Kovil.
Here it is!!

[IMG]http://i51.************/mt5n2r.jpg[/IMG]
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #115
Sali_varakkal

Kannur University Youth Festival at Government College Kasaragod

Kasaragod: Sopana musician Njheralath Harigovindan inaugurated the Kannur University Youth Festival at Government College here on Monday.

While the Government College is the venue of the off-stage competitions that will continue tomorrow as well, the stage events will be held at LBS Engineering College at Povval.

Around 3,500 talents from 88 colleges affiliated to the University will take part in the three-day-long stage competitions that begin on January 28.

link :

http://www.hindu.com/2011/01/25/stor...2554630300.htm
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM   #116
pradeep_ktym

Likes (Received): 0

Kasargode-Future industrial Heavyweight of kerala

Kasargode is the best place to start many factory based industries as well as those that need more space to operate.It has a good area of wasteland which is not arable and has not been put to good use.Cheemeni,Karinthalam,Periya,Bedadukka,Badiyadukka are all good examples
pradeep_ktym no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:16 AM   #117
pradeep_ktym

Quote:
I would wish that it be on the sea side. We don't have many academic campuses with a sea view, though we have a long coast line. It is a real pity!!
heard it was coming up at Periya...
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM   #118
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_ktym View Post
Kasargode is the best place to start many factory based industries as well as those that need more space to operate.It has a good area of wasteland which is not arable and has not been put to good use.Cheemeni,Karinthalam,Periya,Bedadukka,Badiyadukka are all good examples
And you try start one. All the environmental terrorists will start fighting with machine guns.
Old March 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #119
pradeep_ktym

I am not a kasargod native and was pleasantly surprised to see the deserted barren lands of eastern kasargod and i was wondering,so much land not being put to any use(it is much better in all other districts),no wonder kasargod is so backward.Kasargod is in urgent requirement of more administrative divisions too.Only then these backward areas will be taken care of
Old March 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #120
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_ktym View Post
I am not a kasargod native and was pleasantly surprised to see the deserted barren lands of eastern kasargod and i was wondering,so much land not being put to any use(it is much better in all other districts),no wonder kasargod is so backward.Kasargod is in urgent requirement of more administrative divisions too.Only then these backward areas will be taken care of
Yes thats true. Kasargod has lot of sparsely populated barren land usable for any sort of industries. But the funny thing is if any such project is announced some fake environ"mental"ists will appear from no where and start opposing it for stupid reasons. See the number of projects announced at Cheemeni. Nothing materialized.