search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Social Places and Forum Issues > India Forum Issues

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 4th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #4141
Euromast
Mast Malang

Likes (Received): 1384

FOD is cousin of MODi, He rocks. Both have experience of selling Chai n administrating Chaibar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMumbaikar View Post
like to compliment FoD for his level headed approach in the chaibar.

Never seen fair handed moderation like this. Very objective in outlook.

Even if banned or brigged of FoD will accept it as I know, no malice will be involved.

Ayyyyyy Baaaartyyyyy
Euromast no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2017, 09:28 AM   #4142
Aryaved

Likes (Received): 1271

With FOD, the Indian Chaibar is no longer a banana republic with kangaroo courts.

राजा के लिए प्रजा-प्रजा में कोई भेद नहीं हो सकता- Former Indian PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Aryaved no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #4143
bhargavsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Actually, those airline schedules are indeed fundamental for those threads to function since airports are places where people from beyond DEL and BOM (or any other place) fly to and gather. I will keep those posts since those actually allow people to assess how an airport is doing, especially when you get even more flights in the process. The more flights an airport has, the better. After all, aren't destinations, schedules and airlines the most important things airports chase after?
I don't think so. The airport threads used to be more interesting when there were really developmental updates. Now it has just become another what I call is a step sister of Kayak.com. Anyways, I do not agree on this and there are a few others who don't agree as well.

SSCwarrior liked this post
bhargavsura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #4144
Abhishek901

Likes (Received): 1134

We can't have another thread for each airport where we discuss new flights.
Abhishek901 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #4145
bhargavsura

I call this information as non essential because it is not a travel agency website. People are not going to visit skyscrapercity.com to book flights or look for flight connections. They go on travel websites as such. Therefore such information sucks the fun out of reading about airport infrastructure and other physical developlments.
Old August 4th, 2017, 08:08 PM   #4146
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11048

I understand where you're coming from and what you're trying to do. However, that idea might be cumbersome since that will require a duplicate thread somewhere that will end up being redundant rather than practical. Come to think of it, such schedules and service changes are essential for an airport to function, plan, and strategize on how to further improve its services, let alone find ways to attract more flyers and passersby, since airports give foreign tourists their first and last impressions of the countries they visit. If you think about "if you build it, they will come", airports indeed are lucrative places to establish and maintain services between cities, regions, and countries. Hence, I will still keep the decision to keep those airline schedules and service changes at those airport threads since those allow us to gauge the health of an airport...

If an airport expands its footprint or improves its facilities, or if the government improves relations with other countries, reduces crushing regulations, or finds ways to maintain economic ties, flights will either be estabished, can be expanded, or will continue to be maintained.

If an airport is already too small to accommodate new flights, fails to provide better facilities, or encounters multiple issues governing any aspect of its operations and management, especially with slot constraints (let alone the government getting poor grades with aviation safety, cuts economic ties, severs trust with airlines by jacking up landing and parking fees, or involved in a controversy), flights will then be reduced, rerouted, or eliminated. The worst thing that can happen is that if airlines want to serve a particular city but cannot obtain the slots they want to land, refuel, and depart, then those potential new services may be delayed to a point that if it is indefinite, those new flights may have to be withdrawn. If that happens, the governments, airport authorities, and airlines involved will need to renegotiate again to allow those new services in, costing even more money and time in the process.

And both of them can influence passenger flows to the countries those airlines fly to. If you have the ME3 flying to almost any destination they want, of course competing carriers will have to provide more premium services to keep up with them. And if the airports they serve cannot provide what the airlines want (or need), then the capacity may be limited, forcing them to either mount more flights while sacrificing airport capacity, serve airports outside the region, or suffer from the consequences of poor government policies. If the market is sensitive especially where passengers tend to fly with limited budgets, one has to seriously consider ther amount of flights airlines provide. The more flights, the greater the revenue; cut down flights, and you get a lot of passengers waiting for tickets, inconveniencing them in the process.

So, I will still keep those schedules as a practical and handy way for us to understand the health of airports. Governments finance and maintain them (with some cities opting for private management of terminals), and they strive to attract new airlines and maintain current services that serve them.

Last edited by fieldsofdreams; August 4th, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #4147
Abhishek901

Likes (Received): 1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavsura View Post
I call this information as non essential because it is not a travel agency website. People are not going to visit skyscrapercity.com to book flights or look for flight connections. They go on travel websites as such. Therefore such information sucks the fun out of reading about airport infrastructure and other physical developlments.
We dont discuss the flight fares or timings etc. We talk once, just once, when a new flight is announced. This information is not relevant for an actual flyer. He or she doesn't care which flight was launched when. They will just see what's available on the date they want to fly.

But this information is definitely relevant to an SSC member because it helps in gauging an airport's performance. We also talk about the number of flyers from an airport or %age growth, don't we? And that has nothing to do we airport "development".
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:10 AM   #4148
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 13346

Quote:
International Airport threads such as BOM and DEL have been infested with people posting new airlines schedules and flight schedules. The threads are meant for developmental updates and not about flight schedules. Please make a note of this and delete such posts in the future to restrict and discourage people from posting such information in the future.
I think it is okay. Those threads are visited by a lot of aviation fans and that kind of news is relevant to them.

What I don't like is some forumers will google and post anything related to a topic - for example if a cow ran across the runway or a lady jumped from a terminal building or someone slipped on a banana peel in the airport. Why those are worthy of posting in SSC airport or railway threads is something I don't get.

karkal liked this post
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:25 AM   #4149
bhargavsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
I think it is okay. Those threads are visited by a lot of aviation fans and that kind of news is relevant to them.

What I don't like is some forumers will google and post anything related to a topic - for example if a cow ran across the runway or a lady jumped from a terminal building or someone slipped on a banana peel in the airport. Why those are worthy of posting in SSC airport or railway threads is something I don't get.
I still disagree. To me its nothing but spamming and we are seeing more and more of it. There's a couple of forumers who are pasting such information as their sole posts. Besides that they are hardly to be seen in discussion.
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:28 AM   #4150
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 4632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
Can't fight stupidity can you?
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #4151
Suncity
By the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB335ci2 View Post
Can't fight stupidity can you?
I kind of gave up on that. PMs, comments, post deletions nothing works.
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #4152
Suncity
By the ocean

Quote:
I still disagree. To me its nothing but spamming and we are seeing more and more of it. There's a couple of forumers who are pasting such information as their sole posts. Besides that they are hardly to be seen in discussion.
Okay to disagree. When the next phases get under construction, I am sure there will be more news about those things.
Old August 5th, 2017, 07:00 AM   #4153
Euromast
Mast Malang

Likes (Received): 1384

I agree with Dada, I remember once somebody posted foto of Dada kissing his gf who was air hostess with Thai airways at Kolkata airport & posted that foto in Kolkata thread " new airlines between Kolkata & Bangkok launched". We should avoid such posts. I think FOD will also agree

Ayyyyyy Baaaartyyyyy

KB335ci2, Aryaved, dpitchai liked this post
Euromast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 07:07 AM   #4154
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 4632

Old August 5th, 2017, 07:53 AM   #4155
pkalein
Bangged

Likes (Received): 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euromast View Post
I agree with Dada, I remember once somebody posted foto of Dada kissing his gf who was air hostess with Thai airways at Kolkata airport & posted that foto in Kolkata thread " new airlines between Kolkata & Bangkok launched". We should avoid such posts. I think FOD will also agree
pkalein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 06:03 AM   #4156
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euromast View Post
The kissing part... like, why would you post that here when it is not really related to the topic at hand? You might do that at Chaibar, but not on an airport thread.

The new airline serving Kolkata to Bangkok: I'm okay with that. It is a sign of progress with CCU and BKK in this case.
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote