|December 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2006
Likes (Received): 3908
Salvador - Itaparica Bridge, Brazil (12 km)
Ponte Salvador - Itaparica
The Salvador - Itaparica Bridge is a planned cable-stayed bridge near Salvador, Brazil. It will span the Todos-os-Santos Bay, with a length of circa 12 kilometers.
video of the project (note the huge swing bridges!).
Project site: http://www.pontesalvadorilhadeitaparica.ba.gov.br/
I couldn't find any useful figures about the bridge on the project website, other than the bridge being "near 12 kilometers long".
However, other sources quote the following specifications of the bridge;
* 12 kilometer total length (11.7 km is also mentioned)
* main span of 700 meters
* two pylons of 250 meters tall
* bridge deck is 32 or 36 m wide
* 2x3 lanes and shoulders
* 70 meter vertical clearance at main span
* swing bridge with a navigable width of 200 m for exceptional shipping (oil rigs).
Construction could begin in 2014 and will take 48 - 60 months, we're looking at a completion in late 2018 or early 2019 with the current schedule.
Project cost is quoted at R$ 7 billion (circa € 2.2 billion / US$ 3 billion).