daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu > Madurai

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM   #1
ilikemadurai

Likes (Received): 29

Mission Madurai Airport - Ideas, Actions and Results

Friends , I find it extremely important to start this thread to co-ordinate, organise and succeed in our endeavour to bring international connectivity to and from Madurai Airport.

This thread is mainly for oraganising and staging protests in such a manner so that we get results

So the need of the hour for protest in IXM is

1. Fix a date within next 2-3 months
2. Rope in as many people fellow South TN SSC-ians, public ..etc
3. Arrange for funds
4. Protest in Madurai under full public and media glare to get our point across
5. Achieve results within a given time frame.

I humbly request Madurai, Ananth and other senior Madurai forumers to be physically present so that we people can achieve what we want under ur guidance.

To make this thread a sucessfull one we do not need any posts or views but only international flights from Madurai.

This thread will serve as a repository of data of actions taken, ideas and results achieved w.r.t IXM.

Forumers can reply be stating when they will be free and in Madurai how they can help (with money, actions and all other means to achieve what we want).
ilikemadurai no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old January 21st, 2012, 06:46 PM   #2
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 549

deleted

Last edited by madurakarenda; January 27th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
madurakarenda no está en línea  
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM   #3
ilikemadurai

@Moderators if this thread is found inappropriate in Madurai forum pls move under Indian Aviation.

I request some one to take the lead in organising this protest preferably in 2 months time in April.

Myself, Shree Vathsan ready to come from Chennai at any given date in April preferably the week after Chitirai festival. Can contribute little by money and more by means of actions

My Ideas - taking out rally, giving pamphlets (each forumer in their area ) creating awareness and giving petition to collector and ministers before the actually day of protest. We need enough hype to make ourselves heard !!!
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM   #4
ilikemadurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurakarenda View Post
I strongly support the movement and will be available in Madurai till March because my MBA admission processes will start by then and seldom be available after that.

Though I could not support it financially (because I am a student), I could help in actions and ground work
Dont worry MK, in case u r not available at the time of protest u can still help us - we need online campaigns too in the form of ads, blogs and website .
If possible we can have a dedicated website where public can too join and comment.
Old January 21st, 2012, 07:09 PM   #5
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

deleted

Old January 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM   #6
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Started a social group in SSC for International connectivity to IXM :

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/group.php?groupid=1387

I hope we can join there also to show our strength in numbers (in SSC forum alone). Threads can't help arrive at numbers is my opinion. This is what that could be done at this immediate moment
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:25 AM   #7
ilikemadurai

Some more ideas - visiting schools colleges and giving speech to instil awareness, explaining to the common man how they will be benefited as a result of intl connectivity from airport, making contacts with industrialists so that we get important contacts and support of influential person.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:29 AM   #8
Madurai gilli

Likes (Received): 561

To understand, Only Colombo(CMB) and Dubai(DXB) have Madurai(IXM) already added in their Bilateral agreements.. The works for the same to include in B-ASA's of SIN, KUL, MCT, SHJ, AUH, MLE had been initiated just recently and will take time.

If S12 is going to give us any connections, there are only 2 possibilities :

1. Srilankan airlines (UL) from Madurai(IXM) to Colombo(CMB)
2. Air India Express (AIX) from Madurai(IXM) to Dubai(DXB)

We already know the worsened conditions of AIX, they're not even forwarding the proposals from their regional office to DGCA.. So, no more questions on AIX.

Srilankan airlines responded good to TNCC's efforts and sent some of their representatives to their stalls in the fair & all.. They promised us that the announcement will be made in Feb 2nd/3rd week after a board-meeting in Feb 1st week.

Let's wait till the S12 and if the same kinda crucial situations continue, then there is no other option left to us, than staging a protest for getting International flights from Madurai.

I will be free for 1 month time in Madurai during Mar.15 - Apr.15 and I can contribute my best from my side.

Judgement delayed is judgement denied !
Madurai gilli no está en línea  
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:55 AM   #9
nagrec

Likes (Received): 4

dear friends,
Its very important to bring the common man and media to the ground..will we get any support from TNCC,CII,Travel clubs and agents? I think that some established organisation should give the support.otherwise our voice will not be heard..i strongly feel that we should get the media support..particularly media like SUN tv...it will be nice if we can get some north indian english channels like NDTV,Times now and CNN-IBN...Anna hazare movement has become so powerful bcoz of english news channel only..otherwise no body knows about anna.

..we have to create the awareness to the public as Ananth quoted..lets make the list of advantages..so that we will get all the ideas from all our forum members..so that we can summarize and make the final list..

for example:
more tourism - more economical oppurtunity for travel companies..so we can get the support of all the travel agents,drivers association,Travel companies and all the hotel associations..so these guys can even give sponsor for the event..if we can formally approach and convince..

we need to make the association from our SSC forum.

lets elect the people for taking actions..president, Secretary, Treasurer and Executive members..Gilli dont worry that, this time people will not disappoint you guys..

lets get our forum people under one roof...guys we all are in different locations due to the personal and professional commitments. it will not be possible for all to be there in same place in same time..first lets put all our time of availability in madurai..

I will be in madurai from 16 Mar till 15 apr 2012

Dear ananth..this protest is not against political parties,govt,AAI or airlines..this is just to tell everybody that we have an issue that needs to be addressed..

alutha pillaikku thaan paal kuduppanga..so lets tell the world that we are crying for many years..
nagrec no está en línea  
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:35 AM   #10
ANANTH

Likes (Received): 1085

Dear Nagrec, I do agree we are not protesting against anybody. But then you had noticed in my last posting the details what I mentioned. Out of the stakeholders, only authority who is not doing their part of work is Govt. AAI had done their job and airlines cant complain that facilities are inadequate. All the private airlines are in deep red and wont venture into a virgin route. So who is left out? Govt owned AI/AIE. Also from infra front what is pending? Customs and Immigration. It is under whose control? Govt.

I am least bothered about political parties. My botheration is what is required for madurai. So if the Govt arm is not doing their duty after giving promises so many times, we need to highlight the same in agitation. My simply agitating for intl services we may get it or we may not get it. But by reminding PC and Civil Aviation Ministry, we may strengthen our cause because then they will remember that Election is not far away and we need to fulfil our promise. So let us agitate for our problem and remind the public how political parties and ministers also cheat us.
ANANTH no está en línea  
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM   #11
Sankkar

Likes (Received): 153

We need someone to highlight our genuine demands in public domain to take it to all levels. I believe media has to play that role to achieve our objective. It will help common man to understand how we have been cheated by false promises and others are enjoying the benefits of IXM.

We should try to reach out to media people through our contacts or any organization with our agenda. They are not going to take it up until or unless we present them in a manner that explains our potential and demand and make them understand how big it is for us and also for the development of Madurai.

We have to plan meticulously before executing it. Collecting accurate data like foreign and domestic tourists to Madurai, domestic passenger traffic and number of South Tamilnadu people using other airports for reaching international destinations etc. will help us. I know Gilli and Sundar already have the data and it will be good if we fine tune it to make it more effective.

If possible we can bring all the likeminded organizations under one roof. Also I request all the forum members to raise their voices through social community websites like Facebook , twitter etc.,

At the end of the day we should make sure our voices are heard to take it forward. This will be a step in the right direction.
Sankkar no está en línea  
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:56 PM   #12
truthspeker

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankkar View Post
We need someone to highlight our genuine demands in public domain to take it to all levels. I believe media has to play that role to achieve our objective. It will help common man to understand how we have been cheated by false promises and others are enjoying the benefits of IXM.

We should try to reach out to media people through our contacts or any organization with our agenda. They are not going to take it up until or unless we present them in a manner that explains our potential and demand and make them understand how big it is for us and also for the development of Madurai.

We have to plan meticulously before executing it. Collecting accurate data like foreign and domestic tourists to Madurai, domestic passenger traffic and number of South Tamilnadu people using other airports for reaching international destinations etc. will help us. I know Gilli and Sundar already have the data and it will be good if we fine tune it to make it more effective.

If possible we can bring all the likeminded organizations under one roof. Also I request all the forum members to raise their voices through social community websites like Facebook , twitter etc.,

At the end of the day we should make sure our voices are heard to take it forward. This will be a step in the right direction.
Now a days massive streat protest only get notice from Media or it should be backed by powerful political party - in that case mouth pieace of that party will air the information.
truthspeker no está en línea  
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:11 PM   #13
ilikemadurai

I think this is the time to begin the groundwork for our protests. The likely date of the protest could be last week of March or first week of April.

@Gilli I would like to remind you what years of waiting fetched us. Instead if we protest atleast we have chances of getting noticed. If not intl connectivity steps in the positive direction like bilateral air service agreement would ensue.

Actually there is little action we can get by protesting in Madurai. The correct place to protest is Delhi opposite Indira Gandhi Airport. Since that is not feasible, we can protest in our home town and get the voices heard in Delhi. This would heighten the awareness of the local Maduraiite.

The fact that intl flights would bring about a good change in the life of a common Maduraiite is true. We should explain this and reach out with posters, banners, tying up with FM Radio etc.

As Sankar said we need and organisation to spear head the protest. In my mind, the protest is only-a-first-of-its kind and not one-of-its-kind. I feel that periodic protests for intl connectivity and later for industrialisation, seperate State can be done through the organisation.

We cant keep losing our direct and indirect revenue to other cities for long.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM   #14
kannan infratech

Likes (Received): 6911

I support any initiative provided if it is in positive spirit.

Please cut out the negativities in this mission and project it positively.

For eg: Mission is to make Madurai as an International airport

Positive Argument : If it happens, we may get MNCs investing in Madurai. All infra must be improved to help them.

Negative Argument: Madurai has been neglected. We will come to streets & protest with this issue.

If you project a negative image, media may report that day. Nothing else will happen.

SSC has a very positive energy. You also have a positive energy thread like Madurai Region - Industries & Development. Take on from that please.

Another piece of advice: Civil Aviation is purely a Central Govt subject. Even if SG requests, CG may not do it. (as per historical data). So try to reach to CG / Central Ministers / Civil Aviation Dept / Airline companies.

It is purely a business decision for all airlines. If they all ask for it, AAI may consider.

Cargo operations may be a starter. Lots of Jasmine & Medicinal plants are going from Madurai region to Bangalore for further exports abroad.
kannan infratech no está en línea  
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM   #15
ilikemadurai

Friends arent anyone interested to participate. When it comes to action why are we so reluctant?
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM   #16
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

deleted

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM   #17
ilikemadurai

Gilli - 15th March to15 th april
MK-before March
nagrec- 15th March to 15th april

So the end of March could be an ideal date.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:11 PM   #18
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

deleted

Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM   #19
ilikemadurai

I dont say any particular date. I generalised three dates taken from the replies above. As for date I can be present if informed atleast 10 days earlier.
@MK only you and I have been replying to the thread. Where is the interest of other Madurai forumers.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:29 PM   #20
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

deleted

Closed Thread