search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #8581
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Likes (Received): 1757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Muslih View Post
So much for an integration and operated by the same operator...
Same operators but different system owner and specifier.

Prasarana chose to have one ticketing system supplier for all their lines, LRT1/LRT2/MR (Indra Iris AFC Consortium). Easier to have complete integration of ticketing between the different lines.

Whereas, MRTCorp chose to call a separate tender for the ticketing system for MRT1 (Affiliated Computer Services Solutions France SAS). Interestingly, MRT SSP ticketing system was awarded to Indra (Indra Sistemas and Rasma Corporation Consortium).

BTW, Automatic Fare Collection System == Ticketing System.

Quote:
So I gave in and buy the normal tokens for my kids since it is 50% off. Such a hassle to go to the MRT counter just to get the 50% off 50% concession fare. Hopefully it can be sorted out come 1st September.
Does RapidKL LRT ever had concession token? Oops, they actually do have concession token ... Mmm ... I missed that.

Anyway, the hassle free way to regularly get concession fare on LRT would be to use stored value concession cards. Need to fill a form and apply for it at Pasar Seni Bus Hub. Then you use it like normal MyRapid TnG card topup as needed but get discounted fare. Concessions cards for senior citizens, OKU, students are based on stored value cards with pictures of card holders printed on it.

Last edited by sabre23t; August 12th, 2017 at 10:52 AM.
sabre23t no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #8582
FirzDaurens_
007 Agent

Likes (Received): 296

Bukit Bintang MRT station
Old August 12th, 2017, 05:13 PM   #8583
Abu Muslih

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
Same operators but different system owner and specifier.

Prasarana chose to have one ticketing system supplier for all their lines, LRT1/LRT2/MR (Indra Iris AFC Consortium). Easier to have complete integration of ticketing between the different lines.

Whereas, MRTCorp chose to call a separate tender for the ticketing system for MRT1 (Affiliated Computer Services Solutions France SAS). Interestingly, MRT SSP ticketing system was awarded to Indra (Indra Sistemas and Rasma Corporation Consortium).

BTW, Automatic Fare Collection System == Ticketing System.

Does RapidKL LRT ever had concession token? Oops, they actually do have concession token ... Mmm ... I missed that.

Anyway, the hassle free way to regularly get concession fare on LRT would be to use stored value concession cards. Need to fill a form and apply for it at Pasar Seni Bus Hub. Then you use it like normal MyRapid TnG card topup as needed but get discounted fare. Concessions cards for senior citizens, OKU, students are based on stored value cards with pictures of card holders printed on it.
Thank you very much for the explanation. I wish the counter staff at Pasar Seni LRT as well as the Customer Helpline agent were able to answer as such.

Not sure whether I will apply the concession cards for my kids. They rarely use the MRT/LRT.

Another difference between MRT & LRT is the treatment for child free travel. My youngest Year 1 ride for free from MRT but had to buy him a token from Pasar Seni LRT even though not using LRT (just going thru LRT gate to get to MRT).

Hj Sabre, who should be responsible to align this seemingly discrepancy? SPAD? Or perhaps I was thinking maybe MRT counter staff interpretation of "7 years AND below" is inaccurate as compared to LRT using "below 7 years"?

I think KTM also has different rule for child free travel.

I believe it has to be iron out before ICPS.

And the 7 yo rule is not based on DOB but according to the year the person was born (I know this because my 2nd youngest DOB it's 30th Dec, come 1 Jan, he will be considered one year older even though he has 364 days more before his birthday. This happened a few years ago when buying his Komuter or ERL ticket).

Then again, don't think I will encounter this child free travel issue in a few months time, the youngest will be in Year 2 next year, sure he kena beli tiket in all PT by then. Just voicing out for the young families...
Abu Muslih no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 01:10 AM   #8584
ejatidiaz

Likes (Received): 665

Quote:
Thank you very much for the explanation. I wish the counter staff at Pasar Seni LRT as well as the Customer Helpline agent were able to answer as such.

Not sure whether I will apply the concession cards for my kids. They rarely use the MRT/LRT.

Another difference between MRT & LRT is the treatment for child free travel. My youngest Year 1 ride for free from MRT but had to buy him a token from Pasar Seni LRT even though not using LRT (just going thru LRT gate to get to MRT).

Hj Sabre, who should be responsible to align this seemingly discrepancy? SPAD? Or perhaps I was thinking maybe MRT counter staff interpretation of "7 years AND below" is inaccurate as compared to LRT using "below 7 years"?

I think KTM also has different rule for child free travel.

I believe it has to be iron out before ICPS.

And the 7 yo rule is not based on DOB but according to the year the person was born (I know this because my 2nd youngest DOB it's 30th Dec, come 1 Jan, he will be considered one year older even though he has 364 days more before his birthday. This happened a few years ago when buying his Komuter or ERL ticket).

Then again, don't think I will encounter this child free travel issue in a few months time, the youngest will be in Year 2 next year, sure he kena beli tiket in all PT by then. Just voicing out for the young families...

The strategy is u apply the concessionaire card for your kids, but you use it for yourself if you are a regular PT user. Lol.
Old August 13th, 2017, 03:15 AM   #8585
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1807

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciltuz View Post
Aiya ... This is public places la, those item not installed in a laboratory environment. There are too many uncontrollable factor which might make the installation look dirty. The mrt operator need to invest in maintenance for the installed panel. We all know things wear and tear easily if it was not properly taken of.
Did you not read my post properly?

I did not say they were dirty......I did mention those panels being vandalised and such.
Old August 13th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #8586
zafriabdkarim

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejatidiaz View Post
The strategy is u apply the concessionaire card for your kids, but you use it for yourself if you are a regular PT user. Lol.
Jangan! Nanti kena denda
zafriabdkarim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 05:15 PM   #8587
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 850

I found a flaw in Pasar Seni

The pasar seni lrt gates seem to treat MRT pasar seni as different station

So I tap in at pasar seni lrt entrance and go into MRT, when I reached phelio damansara I couldn't tap out!!!!
Hello it's the same station!!!

Staff asked me if I jumped the barrier

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”

epalmasam liked this post
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #8588
zafriabdkarim

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post

So I tap in at pasar seni lrt entrance and go into MRT, when I reached phelio damansara I couldn't tap out!!!!

Do report to their Facebook or on the form at myrapid website. They are very responsive.
zafriabdkarim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 06:17 PM   #8589
Flybyhacker

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:

Looks like somebody encounter similar situation I guess. https://twitter.com/keeyong_c/status/894735259404713985
Flybyhacker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 08:07 PM   #8590
epalmasam

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:

the best mrt in the world
epalmasam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 01:32 AM   #8591
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by epalmasam View Post
the best mrt in the world
physically it is one of the best.dedications and hard works has been put in this project,not to mention tons of money,so,little mistakes that possible to correct are forgiven
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:56 AM   #8592
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1807

Quote:

I did that last night and there's no problem.......

Went makan at Texas Chicken and I went in thru Pasar Seni KJ Line station and I exit at Phileo Damansara station cause I parked my car there......no issues at all. I think it cost me RM1.05 if I remember correctly.

byong_sun, adiyon84, azey liked this post
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:59 AM   #8593
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2176

Problems (minor hiccup) solved then eh hehehe !!!

atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 04:32 AM   #8594
Xwlvz

Likes (Received): 28

A bit off topic. I took a trip to MRT bukit bintang the other day. How come there are many beggars with small children here? They definitely do not look like local. I saw one family beggar buying KFC once they harvest enough money. Seems like sitting doing nothing while holding small children can make a very good money.
Xwlvz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 06:03 AM   #8595
clipper103
Ice Bear wants answers.

Likes (Received): 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwlvz View Post
A bit off topic. I took a trip to MRT bukit bintang the other day. How come there are many beggars with small children here? They definitely do not look like local. I saw one family beggar buying KFC once they harvest enough money. Seems like sitting doing nothing while holding small children can make a very good money.
They can get much more than your typical Ali, Chong and Muthu too: http://english.astroawani.com/malays...malaysia-64608

Quote:
Life is hard but not for a beggar in Malaysia who can easily earn a whopping RM18,240 a month!
clipper103 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #8596
kornelius

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Those kids are Rohingyan refugee. They wear Baju Kurung & scarf (probably from people's donation) and speak lil bit of basic Malay, and begging around for money and food. Some sell Yasin book.

Govt gotta do something with this. I still remember Rohingyan people have been in Bukit Bintang ever since before MRT project even existed.
kornelius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 06:56 AM   #8597
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 858

Quote:
problem is,some Malaysians sympathized them by giving them money.no money,no beggars.
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #8598
mfaizsyahmi

Likes (Received): 43

DBKL is either slacking or deliberately turning a blind eye. This is totally unacceptable, not in the eve of SEA Games I should add.

byong_sun liked this post
mfaizsyahmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:57 AM   #8599
Paolonutini98

Likes (Received): 617

They're harmless though. Besides it gives kl some kind of character haha.
I think millions have been spent for the homeless with that kitchen project thingie. Even there's a building to house /feed them but the problem still persists. I think tourists that come here dont really mind these. Even in London ny Paris got these types of people.
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #8600
clipper103
Ice Bear wants answers.

Likes (Received): 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolonutini98 View Post
They're harmless though. Besides it gives kl some kind of character haha.
Many of them are part of human trafficking syndicates, kidnapped and maimed so that sympathetic public will give them some money - that mostly end up with the syndicates.

Just because their mere presence not bothering us does not mean it's not a problem.

And for those that really have been forced to beg and queue up at soup kitchen (volunteered once, really was an eye-opening experience), there should be official aid channels that can help them getting back to their feet.

Anyway, if the beggars are within the MRT premises, I am pretty sure the operator can get them removed, especially if they become a nuisance, but then again it could become a PR disaster if not done right.

lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post
clipper103 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, mrt