SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SHENZHEN | Ping An Finance Center | 599m | 1965ft | 115 fl | Com

4M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  wuhan road 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous 660 meter design with spire:

The basic planning of the B116-0040 project in the Shenzhen CBD is announced today
North Tower Minimum height required: 450m
150m<South Tower <200m
302900<Floor Area<378600

Official Announcement see bottom of the PDF document

http://pdf.sznews.com/tqb/pdf/200708/0829/TA07829C(ps).pdf

January 2009 update, more renders please see page 7

NORTH TOWER 646m, 115fl - Pure office
SOUTH TOWER 307.5m, 66fl - Hotel

OFFICIAL RENDERINGS:

View the renderings in high resolution

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=30632532&postcount=130

More renders:

All from: http://www.urbika.com/projects/view/384-ping-an-international

The top floors and observation decks:

Source: liftok.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Note: Due to a conflict with an air corridor's height limits, the spire has had to be deleted from the tower resulting in a height reduction.

See less See more
#1,861 · (Edited)
I would laugh too if could see the pics :( Scion thanks for update but please don't upload to chinese sites. They seem to load forever.

Or if anybody else could reupload pics would be greatly appreciated.

edit: ok they loaded, if anybody have problems with pics I can upload them to different server. Just tell me.

#1,864 ·
Hi all.

Good to see some concrete happening.

The rebar cages from prev. updates look to only extend to 3 meters from the top. The pile that looks filled seems to be poured to that level as well. I thought it was a bit out of the ordinary to not have the rebar sticking out the top for future tie in to the rebar for the raft.

So two possibilities as I see it :
1 - They add more rebar that will stick out the top and do another pour.
2 - There will be no raft and the piles are more like footings for columns.

Neither option seems reasonable ... - but seem par for the course on this project.

This one keeps the brain cells communicating ... :nuts:

:cheers:
Ray.

#1,865 ·
Neither option seems reasonable ... - but seem par for the course on this project.
Ray.
Or maybe they will do the raft and remaining pile parts in one concrete pour to make it compact and more stable.

This one keeps the brain cells communicating ... :nuts:
Ray.
It does indeed :lol:

#1,867 ·
Yep, thats another possibility especially since the way it is now there is no way to build 5 or even 4 underground levels because of lack of space.

#1,869 ·
Hi all.

I think they're going to dig the remaining parts of the hole down to the top of the piles. The foundation raft needs some space too.
Hi Wap.

Ahh yes - option number 3.
I posted on this pages ago but I put it on the back burner because of the way they did the piles, with the RC rings.

Actually, sounds possible to break the rings as they dig. No stranger than ST using explosives to break the big rings that were around the big hole, as they were doing the top down work on the lower levels. :nuts:

Both methods seem ass backword but there has to be a good reason in someones mind.

:cheers:
Ray.

#1,872 ·
On the world's tallest skyscraper wikipedia page Ping'an is still listed as on hold. It should be changed.
You can change it :) it's the principle of wikipedia isn't it ?