search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > South Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #1
crawf

Likes (Received): 543

CBD CORE > VISION: 207 Pulteney Street - 195m / 60L / Mixed

Already Westpac could soon be overtaken by Realm and Frome Towers as the new tallest buildings in the city. Now there is a proposal in the works for a much taller building (an actual true skyscraper) that will ultimately be a game changer for Adelaide.

The location is still unknown, however there is strong discussion over on Sensational-Adelaide that it's the 123 Flinders St which was the site of a proposed 36L/136m residential apartments. This area also has a higher PANS-OPS limit aswell.

Definitely watch this space

Quote:
In 2016 JWDT Group acquired a block of land in the core area of Adelaide CBD, and will develop an iconic building, namely DOMINATOR 1, on the site. The project will be around 230m height, 60 floors high rise building with conference center, a high-end boutique hotel and city skyline apartments, it is scheduled to be officially introduced to the market in 2017, and fully launched in 2018.
http://jwdt.com.au/index.html

The name is ridiculous, though I'm positive it will be changed once it hit's the market later this year.
crawf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:11 PM   #2
jacobsian

Likes (Received): 310

In my day proposed meant DA :p Maybe tag this as "vision" for now? You know, under promise and over deliver and all that jazz.

Giorgio liked this post
jacobsian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:50 PM   #3
Mpol

Likes (Received): 59

@crawf, we need a title change as there has been a slight update. Courtesy of CDJ who appears to be working on this. From Sensational Adelaide Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ post_id=159104 time=1509592277 user_id=7260
Since it's been bumped by others, I'll take the opportunity to provide an update. I've been refraining from commenting due to the response I received earlier in the thread. It should be obvious to a sensible person why a professional can't divulge project images or specific details prior to planning submission, especially for a project of this scale.

The design competition concluded two weeks ago and the successful design team has been selected. It's a joint team of two respected architectural firms with a great track record locally and nationally, along with a team of experienced tall buildings engineers. The team have achieved an elegant design which will be a fitting tallest building for our city. The project is now focused on the approvals phase ahead. The proposed 195m height (i.e. up to PANS-OPS) obviously presents challenges from a planning perspective, but the project has significant support from key people in our city.

Suggest renaming thread as 207 Pulteney St as the 'Dominator' name is being dropped.
And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ post_id=159114 time=1509604483 user_id=7260
I don't know the Client's exact timing, but they want to move forward quickly. It could be early Dec, but I assume early next year. The height means airspace approvals are required (OLS and RTCC), not just DAC. So the planning approval phase will likely take a lot longer than it did for Realm and Adelaidean which are under the RTCC (although their cranes will breach RTCC, likely for for 3 months, which is the max allowed on precedent projects in Syd/Bris/Melb).
A building just under 200M in Adelaide would stand out immensely in our CBD. Fingers crossed we get to see the design soon.
Mpol no está en línea   Reply With Quote