search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > East > East India Projects

East India Projects Project news from West Bengal, Assam, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa, Bihar, Sikkim and the 6 NE sister states

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2017, 09:40 AM   #7641
shaikh altamash

Likes (Received): 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatmelange View Post
We should let that 4-lane be 4 lane. And expressway should be different! Two economies would run on two roads. Further expressway would be done by centre fully on PPP mode, in 4 lane, land cost is being partially shared by state.

Expressway means local transport doesn't have to get on it, they can take the 4 lane road, so less expense for them, while ease of navigation for expressway users!

I drove from-to Patna recently once again, and this time again through Patna>Digha>JP Setu>Nayagaon>Rail Wheel Plant>Parsa>Masrakh>Gopalganj>Gorakhpur>Lucknow Expressway>Agra Expressway>||Delhi||>Jaipur Expressway and same route back.

From Nayagaon to Gopalganj, it is state highway, and that should be converted into NH, 4 lane or expressway! Trust me the divide between North and South Bihar would greatly reduce, for western Bihar region!

It took me 1 day and few hours from Patna-Delhi as as soon as I begun from Patna and reached Faizabad/Ayodhya was tired because of traffic between Patna-Gorakhpur and the road, so stayed there. From Delhi to Patna took me 15 hours, as 5 hours/500 to LKO without keeping feet on the clutch. Another 5hours/370~390 till Kushinagar as it is 4 lane NH with shoulders, barricading. And 5 hours from Gopalganj to Patna!
Waise jab me darbhanga se mumbai car se gaya tha to darbhanga se luckhnow just 7 hrs mw pahunch gaya tha fully 4 lane tha bas gopalganj aur up border ke pas kaam chal eaha tha jo shayad ab compleate ho gaya hoga
shaikh altamash no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2017, 11:05 AM   #7642
bharatmelange

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikh altamash View Post
Waise jab me darbhanga se mumbai car se gaya tha to darbhanga se luckhnow just 7 hrs mw pahunch gaya tha fully 4 lane tha bas gopalganj aur up border ke pas kaam chal eaha tha jo shayad ab compleate ho gaya hoga
Gopalganj me abhi halat kharab hai, UP border tak bura hal hai. Sab jagah construction chal raha hai, kushinagar tak. Uske bad rasta theek hai. Patna se UP border via that route takes 5 hours or more depending on time and traffic.
bharatmelange no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 02:29 PM   #7643
shaikh altamash

Quote:
Gopalganj me abhi halat kharab hai, UP border tak bura hal hai. Sab jagah construction chal raha hai, kushinagar tak. Uske bad rasta theek hai. Patna se UP border via that route takes 5 hours or more depending on time and traffic.
fir isi route ko ache se develop karna chaiye fir via buxur jane ki kiya zaroorat hai???
Old November 21st, 2017, 08:07 PM   #7644
sameer77

Likes (Received): 2091

Informative post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant_Dr View Post
bilkul sahi baat hai bhai. Yahan log ek baar bahar nikal Jate Hain uske baad sirf Bihar aur Bihariyo Ki Burai Karte Hain. bolenge Bihar Me ye kharab hai woh kharab hai bihari Aise Hain Waise Hain. pata nahi chalta ki wo khud kya bihari nahi hain. bahar nikal Gaye Woh Toh Koste hi Hai lekin jo Reh rahe hai Bihar mein woh bhi koste Hain. pata nahi chalta ki vote kaun karta hai aur Jo karte hain vote to Woh Kya bas 2-400 rupaye aur daru(jo ki agle election me to nahi rahega ☺️) leke kisi ko bhi vote karke Aur ghar pe baith jane ke liye Karte Hain. kya log Apne area ke Mukhiya, Pramukh, Vidhayak, Saansad aur baki neta se jawab nahi Mang Sakte. koi kyun nahi puchta in Logon Se Ki bhai sahab Humne aapko vote Kiya Hai aapne Hamare liye kya kiya.

People influenced by media propaganda , movies and bad press.

Recently I came across a more than 5 years old blogpost from Newyork Times. Author has similar views.

Inside states like Gujarat , Rajasthan , Haryana , MH , MP etc. political & criminal activities are in considerable proportion and very much similar . But news channels give focus to these things only of Bihar & UP.

Passengers travel in an overcrowded train in Patna, Bihar in this Feb. 23, 2010 file photo.
KRISHNA MURARI KISHAN / REUTERS

Quote:
What Happens in Patna, Stays in Patna

By AMITAVA KUMAR

AUGUST 20, 2012

When the travel writer Trevor Fishlock went to my hometown of Patna, a journalist greeted him by saying, “Welcome to hell.” A few days later, that particular journalist, who had been zealous in his defense of the freedom of the press, was beaten unconscious.

I read the above story in a piece by Norman Lewis titled “Through the Badlands of Bihar.” .

But it is not only Western visitors like Mr. Fishlock and Mr. Lewis who portray Patna thus. If you have been keeping track of recent Bollywood movies, the badlands of Bihar have become fertile ground for reaping cinematic violence.

I am writing a book about Patna where I want to present what the people who live there think about it. A part of me believes that Patna might be the victim of bad press. Did you know, for instance, that somewhere in the dark recesses of history, Patna produced the best opium?

I remember making this discovery when I stood on a treadmill in a steamy gym in Florida. Bending down, I looked at what had drawn my attention. The picture in the glossy magazine left open on the treadmill showed swarthy, dhoti-clad men at work in an immense hall, arranging in neat lines circular mounds of — what?

The text above the picture offered a clue: “Connoisseurs, he says, argue as to the source of the finest opium. Some say the best opium comes from Patna, India, along the southern bank of the Ganges.”

Anything good is so rarely said about Patna that my seldom-exercised heart burst with joy. I stole the magazine from the gym. And on returning home, I cut out the picture and the text and stuck it in my notebook.

That was 12 years ago. I have unearthed my notebook now because I have been seized by a simple idea. I am currently in Patna to see my parents. I would like to post flyers on the city’s busy roads that ask, “Does the best opium still come from Patna?”

Full article here :-

https://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...tays-in-patna/
sameer77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 08:07 PM   #7645
bharatmelange

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikh altamash View Post
fir isi route ko ache se develop karna chaiye fir via buxur jane ki kiya zaroorat hai???
Traffic, brother! Buxar route to Patna has Varanasi on its way. So traffic from both sides would be more on this route! Vaise they could have extended the expressway to Patna via Gopalganj as well! That ways North Bihar would have benefitted greatly!

On the other front, just like Madhubhani Junction has been decked up with Mithila Painting, 4 more stations are going to be decked up similarly. Patna Jn, Patliputra, Danapur and Rajendra Nagar Terminus!

What I like about Railways in general is if you see a station in Rajasthan, it carries the legacy of that area, Patna Junction is made up on concept of Vihara, Patna Sahib on Gurudwara, Guwahati Station has that Assamese touch! But Railways in particular needs to work on ECR Zone, which is India's dirtiest, customer unfriendly zone, while revenue it earns is one of the highest!
bharatmelange no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 08:43 PM   #7646
shaikh altamash

Quote:
Traffic, brother! Buxar route to Patna has Varanasi on its way. So traffic from both sides would be more on this route! Vaise they could have extended the expressway to Patna via Gopalganj as well! That ways North Bihar would have benefitted greatly!

On the other front, just like Madhubhani Junction has been decked up with Mithila Painting, 4 more stations are going to be decked up similarly. Patna Jn, Patliputra, Danapur and Rajendra Nagar Terminus!

What I like about Railways in general is if you see a station in Rajasthan, it carries the legacy of that area, Patna Junction is made up on concept of Vihara, Patna Sahib on Gurudwara, Guwahati Station has that Assamese touch! But Railways in particular needs to work on ECR Zone, which is India's dirtiest, customer unfriendly zone, while revenue it earns is one of the highest!
as a railfan i know where is ecr stand agar fact ki baat ho to

bharatmelange liked this post
Old November 21st, 2017, 08:44 PM   #7647
shaikh altamash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer77 View Post
People influenced by media propaganda , movies and bad press.

Recently I came across a more than 5 years old blogpost from Newyork Times. Author has similar views.

Inside states like Gujarat , Rajasthan , Haryana , MH , MP etc. political & criminal activities are in considerable proportion and very much similar . But news channels give focus to these things only of Bihar & UP.

Passengers travel in an overcrowded train in Patna, Bihar in this Feb. 23, 2010 file photo.
KRISHNA MURARI KISHAN / REUTERS

Full article here :-

https://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...tays-in-patna/
bhai ye pics 2008 ke aaa pas se dekh raha hun PARNA GAYA PASENGER KI HAI
Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM   #7648
Nishant_Dr

Likes (Received): 61

2nd AIIMS of Bihar

Rohtas is being considered for the Site of 2nd AIIMS of Bihar, which was proposed in 2015 budget.

2nd AIIMS likely to come up in Rohtas
Finally after 2.5 years and 4-5 reminders from central Govt, GOB woke up.
Nishant_Dr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
patna