search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Trivandrum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2017, 07:11 AM   #12901
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 473

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjupalayat View Post
Hello guys, been to Trivandrum last week, drove through the great city roads in-between the busy schedule i had there. Absolutely loved the city, we had late night dinner at Dhabha project on bypass, the food and ambiance there was astounding. I also had the opportunity to meet forumer Vivek Mohan at UST Global campus! Vivek was ready to take me for a city ride, but i had to decline the offer as i was busy with the errand i came for. Having darshan at Padmanabha swami temple at 4.30 am was the best among the many bests i had at Trivandrum. Visit at Kuthiramalika was also awesome.

Vivek can i share the selfie we took in here?
അങ്ങ് പോസ്റ്റെന്നെ.. വിവേകിന് ഒരു കുഴപ്പവും സംഭവിക്കത്തില്ല
vinodtnt no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #12902
ajithv

Likes (Received): 381

BLS International inks pact with Embassy of Algeria
Quote:
BLS International Services Ltd. signed the contract with the Embassy of the People's Republic of Algeria in India by way of which the former will provide visa outsourcing and consular services to the latter through five visa application and attestation centres in New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Trivandrum.

BLS international is accredited to facilitate Algerian visa processing in India from the submission of applications to the collection of visas along with attestation services. This contract has been signed to provide efficient visa and attestation services to people traveling to Algeria for business, work or leisure.

Shikhar Aggarwal, Joint Managing Director, BLS International Services Ltd. said, “We at BLS cherish the progressive relations with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of Algeria and are delighted to have been chosen to provide consular services to them in India. It has been our endeavor to always provide state-of the-art services to our clients by creating value for our stakeholders.”

Algerian Ambassador in India, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Nepal, H.E Mr. Hamza Yahia-Cherif said, “We are pleased to have partnered with BLS International for facilitating Algeria visa processing in India. We hope this association to be fruitful and that it will further strengthen the Algerian-Indian relationship in future.”
ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 12:30 PM   #12903
Unnikrishnan
Kairali

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Hello guys, been to Trivandrum last week, drove through the great city roads in-between the busy schedule i had there. Absolutely loved the city, we had late night dinner at Dhabha project on bypass, the food and ambiance there was astounding. I also had the opportunity to meet forumer Vivek Mohan at UST Global campus! Vivek was ready to take me for a city ride, but i had to decline the offer as i was busy with the errand i came for. Having darshan at Padmanabha swami temple at 4.30 am was the best among the many bests i had at Trivandrum. Visit at Kuthiramalika was also awesome.

Good to hear that.I hope you were not stuck up at the bye pass.There is some work going in front of UST now and one part of the stretch is closed for vehicle movement which is creating traffic jams esp at peak hours.
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:09 PM   #12904
thanu

Likes (Received): 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithv View Post
Great!!!
thanu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:09 PM   #12905
Viveks
From "Trivandrum Lobby"

Likes (Received): 2582

Quote:

Hey sanju, It was so nice to meet you. And thank you for your fantastic support and appreciating words about our capital. It was a short meeting but still it's worth and hope to meet you in detail again. And don't worry, next time we will surely go for a whole city ride. Hehehee....

And regarding the selfie, why not, you can post the same here...

And just ring me up prior to your next arrival to TRV... Hope to see you soon then...

sanjupalayat liked this post
Viveks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:31 AM   #12906
vinodnnhere
Vinod N N

Likes (Received): 86

Westside showroom - GPO junction, inaugurating today:

hashinc, Gopal.K.Kumar, Unnikrishnan liked this post
vinodnnhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #12907
rejukrishdxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodnnhere View Post
Westside showroom - GPO junction, inaugurating today:

Just wondering how long it took for these establishment to open in Trivandrum. Still we are lagging behind in many more established shopping destination
rejukrishdxb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #12908
Gopal.K.Kumar

Likes (Received): 262

Many of the major national retailing chains are shying away from Kerala or are taking long time to come to the state. Hypercity, D Mart, Star bazaar, Croma, Shoppers Stop…. the list is pretty long. Why,I am not able to comprehend.

Westside started in early eighties at Bangalore’s commercial street. It has taken almost 3 decades.
Gopal.K.Kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #12909
rajkrish
Trivandrum

Likes (Received): 1878

early eighties ? Wasn't that established in late 90s. 1998 to be precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal.K.Kumar View Post

Many of the major national retailing chains are shying away from Kerala or are taking long time to come to the state. Hypercity, D Mart, Star bazaar, Croma, Shoppers Stop…. the list is pretty long. Why,I am not able to comprehend.

Westside started in early eighties at Bangalore’s commercial street. It has taken almost 3 decades.

Unnikrishnan liked this post
rajkrish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #12910
Unnikrishnan
Kairali

Quote:

Many of the major national retailing chains are shying away from Kerala or are taking long time to come to the state. Hypercity, D Mart, Star bazaar, Croma, Shoppers StopÂ…. the list is pretty long. Why,I am not able to comprehend.

Westside started in early eighties at BangaloreÂ’s commercial street. It has taken almost 3 decades.
Chumma thallanu alle Trent is the retail hand of the Tata group. Started in 1998, Trent operates Westside, one of the many growing retail chains in India.In 1998 first store was opened in Mumbai.Bangalore store must be opened after that only.The stores like Hypercity,Star Bazaar etc are there in only Tier I cities at present .How can you expect these stores to open in Kerala where there are no Tier I cities .It will take it's own time to enter Tier II and III cities like Tvm or Kochi ..we can expect Dmart,Croma and Shoppers stop to start their stores in Kerala soon.
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #12911
Unnikrishnan
Kairali

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejukrishdxb View Post
Just wondering how long it took for these establishment to open in Trivandrum. Still we are lagging behind in many more established shopping destination
Some of these stores like Pantaloons,Lifestyle,Crocs,Globaldesi etc. are there at Mall of Travancore which will be opened next month or January 2018.More branded stores we can expect at Lulu mall which should be ready by 2019 end.The real lagging thing in Tvm is lack of multiplex chains like PVR,Inox and Cinepolis.I heard that Lulu will be having PVR but again Inox and Cinepolis will be pending.
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #12912
Gopal.K.Kumar

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnikrishnan View Post
Chumma thallanu alle Trent is the retail hand of the Tata group. Started in 1998, Trent operates Westside, one of the many growing retail chains in India.In 1998 first store was opened in Mumbai.Bangalore store must be opened after that only.The stores like Hypercity,Star Bazaar etc are there in only Tier I cities at present .How can you expect these stores to open in Kerala where there are no Tier I cities .It will take it's own time to enter Tier II and III cities like Tvm or Kochi ..we can expect Dmart,Croma and Shoppers stop to start their stores in Kerala soon.
Westside started much before Trent took birth. In fact Westside was a standalone retail store of Tata at Bangalore Commercial Street adjacent to Commercial street police station. When Lakme was sold, Tata got into retailing in a focused manner and Trent was formed, which took over Westside. It is true that Trent was formed only in 1998, but Westside Commercial street store was there in the eighties.

Similarly “Landmark” which is another retailing chain, now run by Trent was also present in Chennai and Bangalore prior to formation of Trent.
Gopal.K.Kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #12913
vinodnnhere
Vinod N N

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodnnhere View Post
At the site where Heera's corporate office was planned (Women's college junction, vazhuthacaud), there is a new hoarding from Sunrise infrastructure & projects (based in Chennai/Vadodara). Not sure what is coming up there, may be some apartment complex. Since I believe Heera is plunging into loss, they can't bear a better office complex there.
Now it seems Artech has taken over possession of that land. I saw their hoarding, but couldn't notice the project.
Old Today, 07:25 AM   #12914
Unnikrishnan
Kairali

Quote:
Westside started much before Trent took birth. In fact Westside was a standalone retail store of Tata at Bangalore Commercial Street adjacent to Commercial street police station. When Lakme was sold, Tata got into retailing in a focused manner and Trent was formed, which took over Westside. It is true that Trent was formed only in 1998, but Westside Commercial street store was there in the eighties.

Similarly “Landmark” which is another retailing chain, now run by Trent was also present in Chennai and Bangalore prior to formation of Trent.
Thanks for the info..I remember going to Westside in 2006 at Forum Mall Bangalore.It was small shop then and after that they had expanded it.They had plans to start in Tvm from long back ,they were trying to open shop at Vellayambalam-Vazhuthacuad road some years back but for some reason it didn't work out.Even shoppers stop had plans for Tvm ( when i took First Citizen card from them in 2010, those people told that they will start in Tvm next year ) ,but that also didn't materialize till now.