daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > The Urban Fabric > Transport / Infrastructure

Old February 27th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #1
dustcollector

Likes (Received): 0

Properties acquired by the govt for MRT lines construction

Hi all,

Hope you guys can input some of the private/public/freehold properties that were officially acquired by the government during the construction of the Circle Line, future Downtown Line and other MRT lines, if any!

Thank you all!
dustcollector no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 28th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #2
y2koh

Likes (Received): 79

You are still at it? Stop thinking about it or else you'll fall into depression or something. If anything at all I would be damn happy that an MRT station will be right beside my house. Do you know that there is a block of flats in Toa Payoh where the NSL passes underneath without having to demolish the block? The only issue is that the 2 stacks where the line passes underneath did not get the extra utility room during MUP.
y2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #3
deskoh91
Land Transport Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 30

that seems very unfair to the blocks ya know. sacrificing themselves for the (at-capacity) trainloads of commuters passing underneath them.

Tuas West Extension is the rail project with the most acquisitions in recent years. even then, they are mainly low-lying factories that have aged considerably. our underground lines have required negligible acquisitions, very likely including the TSL. dont worry.
deskoh91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #4
y2koh

Actually I'm quite against the additional utility rooms. The sizes are not proper, and neither was the location - behind the kitchen. Conceptually it lacks the hierarchy of space for it to be a proper study or bedroom, or the provisions for it to be a kitchen or yard. And I can imagine all the smell and smoke creeping into that room from the kitchens. Many people used it as a storeroom. We moved away from our flat in Ang Mo Kio precisely because of upgrading. There was no benefit for that extra room, and we were still staying there we had to endure 5 years of construction around the area.
Old February 28th, 2011, 03:45 AM   #5
deskoh91
Land Transport Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 30

but you must admit Ang Mo Kio is a far superior location compared to Woodlands

my friend used that room as a bedroom. a little tiny though, and some of the bamboo poles for drying clothes are actually in the room so whoever is using it surely had no good nap in the afternoon. they even had to use shared toilets downstairs when the toilets were being upgraded
deskoh91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #6
y2koh

That goes without saying...
Old February 28th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #7
dustcollector

People around me lar...

are telling me how high the possibility of my property getting acquired by the government and told me to go research on the freehold landed properties that were acquired during the construction of the MRT lines in the past!
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #8
Seloloving

Premium estates eh?
Seloloving no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #9
dustcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seloloving View Post
Premium estates eh?
not premium lar..

just very old freehold landed property..