SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Automobile industry

310K views 879 replies 99 participants last post by  tomis3 
#1 ·
Hey fellas, I decided to open a thread about the automobile industry in EE, cause we are witnessing a boom of investments in that sector here. So share with us details of this industry in your country. I know that we're not exactly producing SUVs and cars here but we're still producing at least car parts which is equally as important and lucrative. So share news, post pictures etc. just be constructive. Also, post news/pics of plants that are already producing or that are U/C - no need to post announcements and promises or early interests from companies.

So this is about what I know for Macedonia (I'm sure the other Macedonians around can add other stuff too)

- Johnson Controls are constructing a factory near Skopje for electronics for cars.
- there's also a plant in Struga (I think) for seat belts that has mainly exported it's products in Russia.

#32 ·
It is slightly changed, the front was altered 10 years ago.

#36 ·
Here is another vehicle produced by GAZ, coolest of all of them: GAZ 2330 "Tigr"

And this is "Kombat", produced in St. Petersburg, by KB D.Parfenova and "Avtokad"
http://www.armoringgroup.com/modules.php?name=eng_discription

And about Volga:
Pic of old Volga for comparison. Ah.... i rememer how my grandfather was taking me around the city(Kara-Balta, now in Kyrgizstan) in this car back in the soviet times:)

#63 ·
#40 ·
I didn't know you were a Kyrgyz, my eastern friend :)

#54 ·
So noone knows nothing about BELAZ :(

I love those big trucks! Monsters! I want one! If I had some, there would be no traffic problems for me - I'd just drive over those pesky little cars and smash them like butter!

Look at that one (that's a small model):

#56 ·
^^ Well, thanks but I already know about their website. It's not frequently updated though :( I hope they cope well and build even larger trucks! Like those huge ones that carry minerals in Ural. Unfortunately there are no such trucks in Bulgaria (though I heard that there are actually some older models still in use in the Marica-Iztok coal mines).

#60 ·
Dacia Logan

#65 ·
^^ :nuts: :lol:

#66 ·

Looks almost exactly like Lada

#67 ·
It used to be a decent car back in late '70s / '80s. And yes looks similar ^^ ^^

#68 ·
Anyway, more pics of amazing Slavuta

:lol:

Tavria wagon

Tavria pickup

Ukrainian engineering and designing at its best! :nuts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.