search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 15th, 2017, 09:51 AM   #7081
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3359

A-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
My post from 3 days ago is already outdated, because there will be a partial opening of this section next Monday!

As I explained, just the section including La Font de la Figuera bypass will open, as the interchanges with A-31 and A-35 aren't ready. However, it's still a mystery how many km of new motorway will open, either 5 or 8. It will depend on whether they just open up to the southern interchange of the town or also the following 3km of motorway, which seem pretty advanced in aerial footage.
Finally it seems 6.5km of new motorway will open to traffic.

Source: http://www.levante-emv.com/comunitat...a/1580730.html

Highway89 liked this post

Last edited by arctic_carlos; June 17th, 2017 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Picture added
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #7082
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A60: Puente Villarente – Santas Martas-South 20km (? to October 2018) – ? – map
Something unprecedented (at least in Spain) is going on in this motorway project: a 1 km long viaduct is being built above some archaeological remains that were found 6 years ago during the construction of that section. Consequently, the project had to be modified and the viaduct was chosen as the most appropriate way to preserve said remains.

Source: http://www.diariodeleon.es/noticias/...0_1160829.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruela View Post
Old June 16th, 2017, 12:51 AM   #7083
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Happy to see A-60. I use it from time to time but it will save me some km. in some journeys I make.

(Meditaciones de Severino el sordo. José A. Labordeta)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 08:11 AM   #7084
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 17412

Is there an oversaturated amount of fuel stations in Spain? On A-3 west of Valencia, virtually every exit has a Repsol or Cepsa. I am often the only customer when I refuel. Even on newer autovías there are many fuel stations nearby.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:01 PM   #7085
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I am currently driving north on A-67, the pavement on the right lane is just terrible, some people drive on the left all the time. Sloppy construction or frost damage? A less than 10 years old motorway should not be this bad.
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #7086
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is there an oversaturated amount of fuel stations in Spain? On A-3 west of Valencia, virtually every exit has a Repsol or Cepsa. I am often the only customer when I refuel. Even on newer autovías there are many fuel stations nearby.

Yeah and no... maybe because non-dense population areas haven't enough petrol stations. I have known about one, giving service to a shire that closed last autumn after several decades and nearest is 20ish km away.

Campsa and Petronor belong to Repsol and should you have the customer fidelity card, you can either use in both of them

Several years ago they had (Repsol Group and Cepsa) 45% and 30% of Spanish petrol stations. Concurrence said they will give more licences to open new ones but for other companies to open markets.
I do know that several formen Repsol ones have shifted to Avia and some more have opened with new branches. Therefore, I do not know the percentage today but Repsol and Cepsa will be atop

Old June 19th, 2017, 09:35 AM   #7087
Highway89

Likes (Received): 955

Quote:
I am currently driving north on A-67, the pavement on the right lane is just terrible, some people drive on the left all the time. Sloppy construction or frost damage? A less than 10 years old motorway should not be this bad.
Sloppy construction, I guess, as other motorways in the area (A-231) have a smooth surface. The works to repair it are to begin in July: http://www.diariopalentino.es/Notici...glara-en-julio

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #7088
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I am now on A-8, the newest section from Torrelavega to Solares is mostly limited to 100 km/h for some reason. It looks as good as any modern autovía.
Old June 19th, 2017, 03:32 PM   #7089
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
I am now on A-8, the newest section from Torrelavega to Solares is mostly limited to 100 km/h for some reason. It looks as good as any modern autovía.
It is indeed, the most modern motorway in Spain.

Atlantic coast was fully connected when a 4 km stretch in Asturias was finished but going through Santander, not inner.

A-8 in that point you are... maybe it is the most recent motorway over 25 km long has been opened in last two years at least.

Old June 19th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #7090
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-33

Quote:
A33: La Font de la Figuera (A35) – Caudete (A31) 12.5km (? to Summer 2017) – ? – map
5 km of new motorway have finally opened today to traffic (section in yellow):

Official press release (in Spanish): http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOMBPrens...a-a5f893da3364

No dates have been given regarding the opening of the remaining sections of A-33 currently under construction, though.

Highway89, ChrisZwolle, MichiH liked this post
Old June 19th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #7091
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Anyway it is the most important part in that motorway.

I glanced and Valencia - Alicante worths to go through A-7 but Valencia-anywhere south of Alicante worths to go in that way, isn't it?. Just because it arrives to the southern side of Alicante and save km.

As a question, is this motorway joining A-31 in Castilla La Mancha, Comunidad Valenciana or both regions at the same time?

Old June 19th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #7092
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Yes, going from Valencia to anywhere south of Elche, A-7 + A-35 + N-344/A-33 + A-31 was already shorter than A-7 via Alcoi, but the short section through La Font de la Figuera was a major bottleneck. Now thanks to the opening of this short section of A-33, this route will be definitely the best one.

If Google Maps is accurate, A-31 lies exactly on the border between Comunitat Valenciana and Castilla - La Mancha for 10 km (including the stretch where the A-33 interchange is currently under construction). Consequently, northbound traffic (Alicante -> Valencia) won't enter Castilla - La Mancha, while southbound traffic (Valencia -> Alicante) will indeed do it.
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:42 PM   #7093
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-8 is quite a spectacular motorway, I drove it from Ribadasella to Bilbao today. I already drove it in 2015 but it was rainy with low hanging clouds then, so I missed out on all the scenery. The coastal stretch east of Laredo is very nice and near Unquera you can see the Picos de Europa.

And fuel is 50 cents per liter cheaper than the Netherlands, the lowest I refueled was € 1,14! Those are Luxembourg prices.... I love this country (but not the 42 degrees Celsius...)

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos, BlackC liked this post
Old June 19th, 2017, 11:43 PM   #7094
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Have gone to Canary Islands? (fuel prices)

Old June 19th, 2017, 11:58 PM   #7095
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1355

Yup, we have ridiculously low fuel prices! I like to refuel at an unmanned station since it is even cheaper than major brands.

On Sunday I drove all the way to Teruel. On the way back I took N-420 and A-222, a route which combines quite scenic sections such as in the mining basins (Cuencas Mineras) with rather dull and boring ones such as the one in the Eastern end of the Visiedo plain (I thought there would be some mountains there). A-222 was only the second "orange" road I travelled in Teruel province (after A-223 a few years ago), I have Southeastern Aragon unexplored. That area contains several nice towns.
Old June 20th, 2017, 07:22 AM   #7096
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

A-222 is a very good road indeed, providing it crosses a desert and barely population. It links a hub? in the central south Aragon with also few population with Zaragoza area.

Was built due to funds given to those shares and after seeing how it was at the begining and nowadays... it is a perfect road (obviously, asphalt could be improved, several small village crossing,...) but lack of traffic and comfortable journeys.

Before A-23 was build, some people preferred to go Zaragoza-Teruel via A-222 and N-420 instead of N-330 because shorter and less traffic.

Old June 20th, 2017, 07:41 AM   #7097
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2461

Quote:
A-8 is quite a spectacular motorway, I drove it from Ribadasella to Bilbao today. I already drove it in 2015 but it was rainy with low hanging clouds then, so I missed out on all the scenery. The coastal stretch east of Laredo is very nice and near Unquera you can see the Picos de Europa.

And fuel is 50 cents per liter cheaper than the Netherlands, the lowest I refueled was € 1,14! Those are Luxembourg prices.... I love this country (but not the 42 degrees Celsius...)
You need to search more

https://www.komparing.com/es/gasolineras/

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:47 AM   #7098
Highway89

Likes (Received): 955

I usually refuel at Alcampo, Eroski or Carrefour (shopping malls) gas stations. The last time I refuelled I paid 1.059 EUR/litre for 95 octane petrol. Plus, if you've bought something in the mall, you usually get a discount - I learnt this very well because I was once so stupid that I refuelled before doing the shopping

In my hometown, next to the Alcampo gas station there's another one owned by Repsol, and it usually is 10 cents/litre more expensive. However, it's less crowded and you can have an assistant fill in your petrol tank. But since I don't mind refuelling for myself and I can pay at Alcampo with license-plate recognition, there's no point in using Repsol.
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #7099
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

In my hometown there is a company with four petrol stations that have terribly prices and fuel is exactly the same that Repsol (they buy to them)

how do they manage it?. Mostly petrol stations use to re-fill each station when they are on 25% of capacity (for instance) or at any hour everyday, never mind capacity they have. Just when they have free personnel.

Fuel prices for stations changes too much and this company has decided to have only single diesel and unleaded and buy everytime as much they can. As fuel price for them can be different from one hour to another, they choose time to re-fill all tanks and make a whole buying operation. Maybe several trucks, maybe one truck for all stations but they get the moment when fuel is cheaper.

Supplier has the advantage that, at that hour they have no orders and happy to offer you service when they are with nothing to do with trucks.

It is only matter of looking chances. Day that other petrol stations will take care about time or quantity and look for better prices, difference will be lowest.

They do not do ads about "same fuel thanXXX" (Repsol) but "we buy fuel to CLH" (company that supply to Repsol)

Old June 20th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #7100
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

B-40

Quote:
B40: Olesa de Montserrat – Viladecavalls (C16) 6km (2007 to October 2019) – projectmap
Today the Minister of Public Works attended the breakthrough of the 1.2 km Olesa tunnel:

Quote:
El ministro de Fomento asiste al cale del túnel de Olesa, en la autovía B-40

[...]

http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOMBPrens...3-a816401276a2

Highway89 liked this post

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida