daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2017, 11:10 PM   #10261
breadroti

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Singapore started in the 60s, plus they can't put it anywhere else. We have many options. So, if Singapore has an unsustainable industry, we must copy also?
Singapore started in the 60's and still hasnt closing down. Thanks for affirming my points, it explained 2 things.

1. If it is environmentally unsustainable, they have to close down. Or else it is still bad for the environment but lucrative enough to not close down, after weighing both environment vs money.

2. Financially/economically unsustainable industry, then long ago singapore should have dump this industry like sg textile industry and free up space for others.

"We have many options" mind to tell us what is it? Build it near batu pahat? Last time i ady said, your alternate location suggestion that near batu pahat, distance wise, is similar from jb to pengerang.

Anyway, is it really a unsustainable industry? Or the distance away fron major city area still not enough? You have to prove to me what they have done is wrong.
breadroti no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #10262
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadroti View Post
Not only petroleum products, also petrochemical products. More green and sustainable energy alternative doesnt give you petro based products, go for wind, solar etc doesnt give the thing you want. If the whole pengerang is just for oil storage and oil refinery, the whole thing shud b much much cheaper.

Sustainable?? Well, if it is goddamn dirty, why singapore have 1 in jurong islands? Plus distance wise, is already far away from where the major population are. I will say it is a sustainable industry good for jb in the long term [full stop] PROVE ME WRONG.

If not mistaken,
Germany being the forefront in renewable energy technology only get around 15% of their energy from renewable and that's is after a huge chunk of subsidies given. Worst most of it comes from wind which we don't have and hydro which that guy hates. And nuclear too which the guy hates.

The world run on oil and will for the forseenable future run on oil. Currently Even the carbon footprint of building and running a tesla is still more than the current options.

2/3 of the world oil travel the straits of malacca and Pengerang itself is the size of jurong island. It really stupid to be against tapping an industry that travels through our front yards and just let others taps it.
Old June 12th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #10263
rotiking

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
If not mistaken,
Germany being the forefront in renewable energy technology only get around 15% of their energy from renewable and that's is after a huge chunk of subsidies given. Worst most of it comes from wind which we don't have and hydro which that guy hates. And nuclear too which the guy hates.

The world run on oil and will for the forseenable future run on oil. Currently Even the carbon footprint of building and running a tesla is still more than the current options.

2/3 of the world oil travel the straits of malacca and Pengerang itself is the size of jurong island. It really stupid to be against tapping an industry that travels through our front yards and just let others taps it.
Despite saying "unsustainable", Vince doesnt elaborate more.
rotiking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #10264
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1163

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotiking View Post
Despite saying "unsustainable", Vince doesnt elaborate more.
Can you create more oil once you use it? No? Then it's unsustainable. Get it?
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 07:08 AM   #10265
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Likes (Received): 402

The video was uploaded on jan 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Psychedelic Furs View Post
current cbd activities:
-pedestrian bridge by R&F (u/c)
-pedestrian bridge by coronade prop (commence soon)
-2 plot of lands along wong ah fook already hoarded (what projects?)
-plaza seni hoarded & vacant (what project?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OracleMsia View Post
One of the hoarded plot is for pedestrian link.

- Decent walking area in the making.
- Option to walk on Segget River (Covered path)
- Option to walk the outside of malls (city square + jbcc)
- Walking in front of shop lots, 2 long stretch malls(both with office towers on top), hotel & residential towers.
- Linking pedestrian bridge.

jb cbd will be livable. Some may disagree or against jb cbd developments under unexplained circumstances. some worshiped colonial style shops/buildings, some praised modernity & some are created just to condemn everything. JB cbd/city is a mix of everything which I ranked it as one of the best functional cbd in msia.

byong_sun liked this post
The Psychedelic Furs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #10266
ashraf_ramly

Likes (Received): 175

I took a walk from bazaar karat to JBCC using Segget walkway and went back to bazaar from CS via Meldrum during the night. Right now, it is not a pleasant walk to take.

It was dark and the urine smell is strong at the beginning of Segget, just before the 1st bridge. MBJB should direct the colonial shoplot to maintain their premises. It was such an eyesore. The same row with Indian cinema there, so much potential, close that road, and voila, you got a nice promenade. In term of Segget water smelliness, I think it was ok.

And Meldrum, it is a red light district. Dingy walkway full with "chicks". This was the frontage, I wouldn't know the backstreet though. I don't know how authorities would solve this problem though.

Anyway, it's still a long way to go to make this CBD a world class. The urban rejuvenation masterplan is tough. Maybe JBCBD need more time and stronger political will to do so. I strongly believe JB could do that with the right leadership in MBJB, IRDA etc. That's it for my field report from Segget.

EzadHfizy, byong_sun liked this post
ashraf_ramly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #10267
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

expecting light installation at segget river soon.
2 conditions to be solved:

- surface (the developments taking shape e.g segget river,suasana, amari & others)

- in depth (law enforcement on cleanliness, illegal parking, colonial shops, prostitution, transportation & others)

Last month "ulat parking" were caught by mbjb. around 10 or more individuals were caught. maybe they are active again. need to monitor 24/7.
soon or later more action will be taken to curb other problems.
from my observation, yes it's true I don't feel safe to walk alone in jb cbd during night. But once, the segget river is complete with proper lighting, perhaps things will be different.

byong_sun liked this post
Old June 13th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #10268
rotiking

Quote:
Can you create more oil once you use it? No? Then it's unsustainable. Get it?
Nah...no one care about such sustainability. Rapid pengerang is not in the upstream of oil exploration or digging oil operation. As long as there is someone provide oil to the facilities, the whole factory will survive.

Oil field got sustainability issue as oil field will deplete oil, pengerang project sustainability only concern either environmental or financial, not?
Old June 14th, 2017, 01:26 PM   #10269
Vince
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Psychedelic Furs View Post

expecting light installation at segget river soon.
2 conditions to be solved:

- surface (the developments taking shape e.g segget river,suasana, amari & others)

- in depth (law enforcement on cleanliness, illegal parking, colonial shops, prostitution, transportation & others)

Last month "ulat parking" were caught by mbjb. around 10 or more individuals were caught. maybe they are active again. need to monitor 24/7.
soon or later more action will be taken to curb other problems.
from my observation, yes it's true I don't feel safe to walk alone in jb cbd during night. But once, the segget river is complete with proper lighting, perhaps things will be different.
All the enforcement should be there all the time, and not come and go as they wish. There should be constant maintenance of the CBD if it is to become world class or functional. Now it's substandard at best.
Old June 14th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #10270
OracleMsia

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
All the enforcement should be there all the time, and not come and go as they wish. There should be constant maintenance of the CBD if it is to become world class or functional. Now it's substandard at best.

There should be camera to monitior. Once spotted, the officers should be alerted. The officer should be incentived to catch these offenders.
OracleMsia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #10271
rotiking

Quote:
There should be camera to monitior. Once spotted, the officers should be alerted. The officer should be incentived to catch these offenders.
Ya, instead of manpower, they should import AI and technology into play. Surveillance camera scan human face, and make the system able to recognise situation eg robbery case, alert unattended suitcase etc. This will make efficient use of manpower.
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:57 AM   #10272
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Premium office tower Medini 9 to be completed next year

Quote:
JOHOR BAHRU (JUNE 14): The superstructure of the first high-rise premium office building developed by Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd (MIM) in Medini City, Johor has been completed.

The completion of Medini 9’s superstructure was marked by a topping- off ceremony yesterday at the rooftop of the 21-storey building.

“Medini 9 is the first high-rise premium office building developed by MIM, located in Medini City, the Central Business District of Iskandar Puteri. I am delighted to announce the completion of the Medini 9 superstructure, which will further boost the confidence level of developers, investors and prospects of Medini City.
Full article: http://www.theedgemarkets.com/articl...eted-next-year

as I said before, jb is focusing on business growth. Iskandar Puteri get the spillover & continue the trend
Old June 15th, 2017, 08:02 AM   #10273
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

AIRBNB HAS REVEALED THE TOP TEN DESTINATIONS FOR BOOKINGS IN 2017,
SHOWING A HUGE INCREASE COMPARED WITH BOOKINGS MADE THIS TIME LAST YEAR.

Quote:
According to Business Insider, Airbnb has taken a peek at some of the places around the world that copped a massive influx of travellers this time last year.

The following are the top ten destinations where Airbnb properties have seen more than double the amount of bookings since this time in 2016.

6. Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Over the past few years, Johor Bahru has really come alive, and growing as a tourist destination. Airbnb bookings are up 262 per cent.
Full article: http://www.travelweekly.com.au/artic...of-travellers/

QalzimCity liked this post
Old June 15th, 2017, 10:32 PM   #10274
Vince
Vince

Quote:
Cameras? You know our maintenance standards though right? Ideally putting CCTVs everywhere in the city to reduce crime/law-breaking is a good idea, but do we have good people working in MBJB in charge of maintaining them?

OracleMsia liked this post
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:05 AM   #10275
jb2020
jb2020

Likes (Received): 288

Country Garden Holdings: China's capital controls no serious impact on Forest City project
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...tXBqmjZt4k4.99

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...control-poser/
jb2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 01:17 AM   #10276
funniman

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Cameras? You know our maintenance standards though right? Ideally putting CCTVs everywhere in the city to reduce crime/law-breaking is a good idea, but do we have good people working in MBJB in charge of maintaining them?
Our Ministers are great in launching new mega projects but lousy in maintainence. When is the last time we had any Minister looking at the poor conditions of a buildiing? The mindset got to change.

Vince liked this post
funniman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:49 AM   #10277
JB Citizens (+_+)
"DAULAT TUANKU"

Likes (Received): 1506

Source: http://malaysiandigest.com/frontpage...hari-raya.html

The Top Places Malaysians Are Celebrating This Year’s Hari Raya
Published on Tuesday, 20 June 2017 13:03

As we are about to welcome the most festive celebration yet, many Malaysians are now busy planning family getaways for their Hari Raya holidays.

And this year, instead of going back to their respective hometowns, Hotels.com data reveals the growing trend of Malaysians going on holidays to family-friendly destinations during the celebration.

According to Hotels.com, this shows a cultural shift in the country, as Hari Raya is traditionally tied with the balik kampung exodus, proven through the top 10 destinations searched by Malaysian travellers for this year’s Hari Raya holiday period.

“Hari Raya is about spending time with families, and we have observed a significant surge in travellers’ interest for family-friendly destinations for the festive period this year,” said Jessica Chuang, Regional Director for Greater China, Southeast Asia & India for Hotels.com brand.

The survey reveals the top searched destination by Malaysian travellers are Langkawi, Penang and Port Dickson for this year’s Hari Raya season. And it is no surprise as these three places are known for their beaches and family-friendly resorts, while Penang, is famously known for its rich food and cultural offerings.

Hotels.com also noted that many are resorting to celebrate Hari Raya in the city, like in Johor Bahru, which is experiencing the highest surge in traveller’s interest for this year’s festive season, followed by Kuala Lumpur and Port Dickson.

aim11086 liked this post
JB Citizens (+_+) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 04:42 AM   #10278
menghuii

Likes (Received): 9

hardrock htl spore rws
day

night
menghuii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 03:52 PM   #10279
jb2020
jb2020