search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > General > NASF Archive

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #3841
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae

Likes (Received): 102

More Updates:

Walking on 10th st today and noticed from the bus stops that the Near Eastside Orbitor cancelled it's service after 12/31/10.

Looks like they are starting a new phase of Canal Gardens on MLK South of 16th. I am wondering if they will change the original design due to the fact that few, if any of the condos sold and it has become a rental community?
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:28 AM   #3842
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae

Jobs moving back into the core of the city instead of going the other way around.

Indianapolis -- MZD advertising agency will move from Woodfield Crossing on the Northeastside to leased space at 120 E. Vermont St. The vacant 10,000-square-foot building is co-owned by Jeremy Hamilton, who ran his now-defunct Dine magazine out of it. MZD will take over Dine's cookbook projects, MZD Chairman and CEO Allan Zukerman said. (Star report)

Also

Indianapolis -- A nonprofit agency will renovate two apartment buildings in the 3700 block of North Meridian Street to serve the homeless and other clients. The $9 million update of the Schuyler and Meridian Mark apartments will include new windows, kitchens and baths, plus new electrical and plumbing systems. Laundry, computer and fitness rooms will be added. Reopening is set for March 2012, said general contractor and property manager Herman & Kittle Properties of Indianapolis. Developer Bethlehem House Residence also serves people with substance abuse problems and HIV/AIDS. The Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority has awarded federal low-income housing tax credits for the project. (Star report)

Last edited by Sunday_Bloody_Sundae; January 11th, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #3843
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday_Bloody_Sundae View Post
More Updates:

Walking on 10th st today and noticed from the bus stops that the Near Eastside Orbitor cancelled it's service after 12/31/10.

Looks like they are starting a new phase of Canal Gardens on MLK South of 16th. I am wondering if they will change the original design due to the fact that few, if any of the condos sold and it has become a rental community?
The Canal Gardens addition was approved by the MDC in November. This phase is explicitly apartments and the design is more than a little bit blah:

Old January 11th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #3844
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae

Thanks CorrND. You have the hook up with all of this info dont you? Are you the cory from property lines?
Old January 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #3845
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae

We are seeing so much 3-4 story infill development around the city. It is very exciting
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #3846
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Quote:
Thanks CorrND. You have the hook up with all of this info dont you? Are you the cory from property lines?
Nah, not Cory. I just like to troll through the Department of Metropolitan Development documents as they get released. There's a lot of tedious stuff in there, but everything has to go through them.
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #3847
cdc guy

Likes (Received): 1293

Quote:
Jobs moving back into the core of the city instead of going the other way around.

Indianapolis -- MZD advertising agency will move from Woodfield Crossing on the Northeastside to leased space at 120 E. Vermont St. The vacant 10,000-square-foot building is co-owned by Jeremy Hamilton, who ran his now-defunct Dine magazine out of it. MZD will take over Dine's cookbook projects, MZD Chairman and CEO Allan Zukerman said. (Star report)
This wasn't a very long exile. MZD was at 18th & Meridian for decades until four or five years ago, in a building owned by the "M" in MZD.

Certainly seems like a step down to move from Woodfield to a dumpy little one-story on a side street, but I guess the ad-agency business has been pretty battered by the decline in print, the rise in Internet ads and the recession. Pearson, Crahan & Fletcher dissolved after being one of the city's leading agencies for 25 years.
cdc guy no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #3848
cdc guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrND View Post
Nah, not Cory. I just like to troll through the Department of Metropolitan Development documents as they get released. There's a lot of tedious stuff in there, but everything has to go through them.
Try doing it for a living.
cdc guy no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #3849
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1136

http://www.ibj.com/trail-side-fundin.../article/24513

Yeaah ----- the financing for the Trail Side project finally got worked out.
GarfieldPark no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #3850
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc guy View Post
I can only imagine!

And very good news about the Trail Side. Sounds like it should be done by the end of the year.
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #3851
cailes

Likes (Received): 101

I just hope that they dont close down the trail to build this thing. After being under construction for so long in that area, its nice to be able to ride through there. Additionally, I hope they dont screw up the trail itself with demolition.

details... details...
cailes no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #3852
cdc guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailes View Post
I just hope that they dont close down the trail to build this thing. After being under construction for so long in that area, its nice to be able to ride through there. Additionally, I hope they dont screw up the trail itself with demolition.
And I'm hoping for every sidewalk in town to be cleared today, but that won't happen either.
cdc guy no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #3853
cailes

I see how high your expectations are Chris ;-)
cailes no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #3854
Round Rock

Likes (Received): 21

California Pizza kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminooo View Post
California Pizza Kitchen is a bit underwhelming.. At least it's not an Applebee's.

Just curious.... Was the California Pizza kitchen in the circle center food court from 95 to 98 time frame? It was on the side of the court close to Washington street. Or what was that restaurant if not....
Round Rock no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #3855
benjaminooo
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Rock View Post
Just curious.... Was the California Pizza kitchen in the circle center food court from 95 to 98 time frame? It was on the side of the court close to Washington street. Or what was that restaurant if not....
There was one at Keystone Fashion Mall years back.
benjaminooo no está en línea  
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #3856
jjgn

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Rock View Post
No. I think that was called Carlifornia Cafe and was unrelated to the C P K.
jjgn no está en línea  
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #3857
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae

Does anyone know the status of the Consolidated Building? It is one of my favorite buildings downtown and I hate to see it rot.

Also, does anyone know the status of the banking center apartments?
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #3858
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc guy View Post
Same template Staff report for about 10 different requests...insert 4 specific paragraphs and be done.
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #3859
cailes

The banking center isnt dead as far as I have heard. Its just moving along slowly at the moment.
cailes no está en línea  
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #3860
Sunday_Bloody_Sundae

Im happy that trailside was approved but it looks like the same 3-5 story building is popping up on every corner now. Would it kill them to add a little variety to the designs?

Tags
development, indianapolis