daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 800 votes, 4.98 average.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #14641
titus_peris

Likes (Received): 6

Double Dhamaka , Crossing of Ernad Express & Overtake by Puducherry Express at ULLAL

titus_peris no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #14642
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Likes (Received): 1058

Sometime ago, I was travelling to places around Bangalore, to get a first-hand experience of what the suburban rail facility in the city would be like. I am resuming it for now, only to end it once for all. Today I travelled along the Bangalore - Chikballapur - Kolar rail route; the Mysore route would be the last of all and I hope to do it sometime soon.

But for now....some pictures.... (I generally upload too many of them, but this time it looks like I've crossed all limits...there are an insanely large number of pictures....But I shall try and avoid wherever I can )

As usual...I begin with my all time favourite station which is in the most pathetic condition. The roof along the walkway was something new, I got to notice, today.

Bangalore - Chennai Shatabdi - the only train which had an air of class, in the entire station.

Unlike other days, all pit lines were empty this morning (around 8AM). Good enough to comprehend the manner in which space has been wasted here.

Pit lines located beside platform 10 (Mahatma Gandhi Colony end).

Saw quite a few of these, which seek to remind one of bullet trains, but are indeed the super shuttles...

Tried to peek into this end of the station on platform 1 (which is also closer to Binny Mills), to see anything was visible. But could not do much....Looks like unless some railway official dies of a snake bite inside the station, IR would never appreciate the need to keep its property free of weeds.

sfs, sunil.kulkarni liked this post
tejaswi.bgl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #14643
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

I now realize that the pictures show yesterday's date; it was due to an error from my end. All the pictures were clicked today.

I shall skip my other pictures using which I generally accuse SWR/IR of wasting precious land in the heart of Bangalore, to grow weeds. Let's move forward...

May be basic (as far as I can understand and I may be wrong), but Cantonment station does have some terminal infrastructure towards the left (as seen from Majestic).

This was towards the right while travelling from the city to Yelahanka via Channasandra. The train was not at all crowded but the seats were all nearly occupied, especially between Bangalore and Chikballapur.

Nothing of interest here.

The next few pictures are of Baiyappanahalli, mostly the land on which the new terminal is likely to be built. Baiyappanahalli is a point where multiple lines converge and therefore, as far as a layman like me can think, there may be a few hurdles and complications that SWR will have to resolve before commencing the actual work on constructing the terminal. I may be wrong, but this is what I feel....

Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #14644
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

The land on which the new terminal would probably come up. These are the lines coming from Yeshwantpur.

Now looking to the right.

Good, the skywalk looks almost ready, although it is yet to be thrown open to the public. It would be very convenient for the passengers if SWR provides a stop for the long distance trains here.

Can't remember what this looked like, when I saw it last.

sfs, sunil.kulkarni liked this post
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #14645
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

The first split - From the Bangalore - Chennai trunk line towards Hosur.

The second split - From the trunk line, towards Channasandra, Yelahanka etc.

The line from KR Puram station joining-in.

Channasandra station, beside the Outer Ring Road at Ramamurthy Nagar.

Cygnus-X1 liked this post
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #14646
venkatreddy

Likes (Received): 31

As per news in a telugu news paper, The Gazzate notification has been issued for 17225/17226 Hubli-Vijayawada Amaravthi Express to run as a daily train. So i think from 1st Sep 2014 this train will run daily and this train might get a new timing as presntly this train shares the slot with 18047/18048 Howrah-Vasco Express between Vijayawada and Hubli

sunil.kulkarni liked this post
venkatreddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #14647
sfs

Likes (Received): 906

deccanheraldepaper
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:57 AM   #14648
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatreddy View Post
As per news in a telugu news paper, The Gazzate notification has been issued for 17225/17226 Hubli-Vijayawada Amaravthi Express to run as a daily train. So i think from 1st Sep 2014 this train will run daily and this train might get a new timing as presntly this train shares the slot with 18047/18048 Howrah-Vasco Express between Vijayawada and Hubli
Great. Thanks for sharing..
Old Today, 06:22 AM   #14649
KPRAVEEN

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatreddy View Post
Good news: One of the oldest trains between Karnataka(Hubli) and Andhra(Guntur/Vijayawada) regions. Hope this train runs in convenient timings in both the regions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaravati_Express

KPRAVEEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #14650
titus_peris

Likes (Received): 6

Mangalore Chennai Superfast Express Chugging at Netravathi.

titus_peris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:24 PM   #14651
siddu_4411

Likes (Received): 0

Present status of Kottur hospet railway line july 2014

Amount is sanctioned in railway budget 2014-15, but what is the status (current) kottur harihar railway line when will be open to public
siddu_4411 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #14652
sunil.kulkarni

Likes (Received): 1769

Pune Secundrerabad Shatabdi Exp Got LHB Coaches :-)

The Train which connects Gulbarga to Hyderabad in 3 hours and Gulbarga to Pune in about 5 hours the Pune-Secunderabad Shatabdi Express got LHB coaches from today :-)
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #14653
sunil.kulkarni

Likes (Received): 1769

Secunderabad-Pune Shatabdi New LBH rakes :-)

Video shot between Wadi-Gulbarga - And Train is looking awesome... Railfans enjoying this moment and photos clicked at every station . Acche Din agaye for My friends in Pune and Hyderabad :-)

CC: Dhavala Subhash
sunil.kulkarni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:27 PM   #14654
SKS-MTP

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfs View Post

deccanheraldepaper
We should demand a DEMU to Hubballi. So many commute from here to Hubballi.
Any progress on Davanagere-Chitradurga-Tumkur line?
SKS-MTP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 PM   #14655
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Likes (Received): 2645

CITY RLY. STATION GETS CLOSED CIRCUIT TV SYSTEM

Quote:
Mysore, July 30- The South Western Railway (SWR) has introduced a Closed Circuit TV system at City Railway Station. Divisional Railway Manager Rajkumar Lal launched the system at a function held at his office here this morning.

Briefing the gathering on the system, Lal said that 30 LED television sets have been installed at 6 platforms at the Station. He further said that the TVs would beam rail-related information, advertisements and safety tips for passengers along with entertainment clippings. He added that the system would be of great help for passengers seeking information on railways.

Additional DRM Dr. Rakesh Kumar and Senior Divisional Commercial Manager Anil Kumar were present.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:16 PM   #14656
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Likes (Received): 2645

34 CCTVs to monitor Mysore Railway Station

Quote:
Work on new integrated security system almost complete: divisional manager

An integrated security system will soon be in place at Mysore Railway Station as part of the overall revamping of security at important stations across the country.

According to Divisional Railway Manager Rajkumar Lal, more than 80 per cent of the work has been completed. The security system is being put in place at a cost of Rs. 2.5 crore, he said. Mr. Lal told presspersons here on Wednesday that 34 cameras will be positioned at vantage points, of which 20 will be the pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras that will give a full-field view of the area under surveillance.

The remaining 14 cameras will be stationary, focussing on sensitive areas such as platforms, entry and exit points, foot over-bridges and waiting halls, among others. These cameras will provide high resolution displays, recording and video playback facilities.

There will be continuous monitoring of the station premises and the property of the Railways, including coaches, he said. The camera positions have been identified and agreed upon by experts, while the control room to monitor the images has also been established. “By the end of this financial year, the new security system should be in place,” Mr. Lal said.

There will be only one entry and exit point as part of the new security system and the baggage screening will be automated with X-ray scanners as in airports. In addition, there will be an under-vehicle scanning system to ensure that the security is foolproof, he said.

For security on board the trains, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) staff will be deployed on long-distance journeys. The integrated security system is being implemented in nearly 200 railway stations across the country in a bid to thwart untoward incidents.

Three stations in the South Western Railway have been identified for the integrated security system based on their importance and threat perception.

Apart from Mysore, the system will be in place in Bangalore City and Yeshwantpur stations. Apart from CCTV cameras to monitor passengers, there will be access control at railway stations to prevent entry of unauthorised persons.

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:34 PM   #14657
venkatreddy

Likes (Received): 31

Since the Shiradi ghat is closing for 6 months and the road travellers does not have any alternatives they will find it difficult. The railways cannot run more trains due to HDMC restrictions.

So as an temporary solution can 2-3 passenger coaches can be added to the freights between sakaleshpur and Subramanya road and suitable bus connectivity can be provided at sakaleshpur and sunramanya road station so that the bangalore and mangalore road journey can be made possible.

The freight trains are halted at these stantions to attach/detach the bankers/breakers. So attaching/detaching of 2-3 passenger coaches can be done at that time and it won't delay the freights.

Adding three coaches increases the rake by nearly 75 meters. Even with this increased length, the freight train can fit within the "FM" markings in the crossing stations
venkatreddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
karnataka

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: