daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > 3D Designs

3D Designs Showcase for your designs done in CAD, SketchUp or other 3D programs

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 17th, 2014, 10:10 PM   #1
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

Likes (Received): 175

New Annapolis

- First of, I know that I'm a bad finisher, but who cares. I'm at it again!-

Welcome to New Annapolis

The year is 1910, and the city of New Annapolis celebrates its 300th birthday.
The city was one of the fastest growing cities in northern America, with the great immigration, and even after that, the city kept growing, and on its 100th birthday,
it looked like the city was moving to even brighter times!

The city is located south of the mighty New York city in the American state of New Jersey and lays on 3 main Island close to the shore of the state.

MAP:

2 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

As you can see, there is still quite alot to do, but I will make the last fill out models with time.
Now, the base idea of this project is, that I instead of only creating modern skyscrapers, will start in the early 20th century, and construct buildings for every time/architectual era
as we move along. This might turn out great, but could go the other way too.

So if you have designs for the project, of ANY architectual era since the begining of the 20th century. ANY.

I will also try my best to follow the construction process as if it was when buildings like these were actually constructed.

So good luck to me, and hope you will enjoy my project and New Annapolis!

first skyline render of the city. EVER:
(btw, Renders will get better. But I'm new to Thea )

1 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

Check out my 3D projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dubai Skyscraper liked this post
earthbuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 17th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #2
JMGA196

Likes (Received): 1263

Interesting, hope this turns out well and you get to finish it
Walter Gropius - Santiago Calatrava - Frank Lloyd Wright - Zaha Hadid - Norman Foster - Efraín Recinos - Frank Ghery - Renzo Piano - Adrian Smith - Mimar Sinan - Le Corbusier - Marshall Strabala - Mies van der Rohe - Kohn Pedersen Fox - Enric Massip Bosch - Tadao Ando - Kazuyo Sejima - Ryue Nishizawa - John Pawson - Alberto Campo Baeza - Bjarke Ingels - Horia Creangă - Jean Nouvel - Paulo Mendes da Rocha - Herzog & de Meuron - Peter Zumthor

Y.N.W.A. L.F.C
JMGA196 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:01 AM   #3
YingBlanc

Likes (Received): 40

Oooo finally a project I can closely follow along, it's going to be real interesting to see how you play out the boom of skyscrapers of the 20s. If we can put up our own designs, could this basically be a new..Pingyao city, you know the one where people put up the designs and you build? It'll be a lovely idea if your doing this project with that idea to start with :P Been thinking of doing one of them myself, but just making a city...motivation for me x3
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #4
JMGA196

A kind of new Pingyao City was exactly what I was trying to do not so long ago, and I kinda guess DS also tried to do...
Walter Gropius - Santiago Calatrava - Frank Lloyd Wright - Zaha Hadid - Norman Foster - Efraín Recinos - Frank Ghery - Renzo Piano - Adrian Smith - Mimar Sinan - Le Corbusier - Marshall Strabala - Mies van der Rohe - Kohn Pedersen Fox - Enric Massip Bosch - Tadao Ando - Kazuyo Sejima - Ryue Nishizawa - John Pawson - Alberto Campo Baeza - Bjarke Ingels - Horia Creangă - Jean Nouvel - Paulo Mendes da Rocha - Herzog & de Meuron - Peter Zumthor

Y.N.W.A. L.F.C
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:41 AM   #5
Dubai Skyscraper
「DEAD END」

Likes (Received): 968

You mean with Aurora? Well I got designs from you, EB, dex, Ev and Bolzeng so you could say it worked out

Visit our current 3D competition.........
|| Visit my new 3D project....................

-> Vote now for your favourite design! ->

-> also vote for your favourite buildings in project Aurora! ->
Dubai Skyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #6
JMGA196

Yeah, but I mean at the same level as Pingyao's, I remember when about 20 different users submitted designs to be added to his city Well, I guess that it's because were probably just 5 or 6 active users at the 3D section now

Y.N.W.A. L.F.C
Old April 18th, 2014, 01:42 AM   #7
Dubai Skyscraper
「DEAD END」

The thing is that usnusually few new users come here... normally it's a handful new guys around here every year but for some reason it's much less now
An actual community project would be awesome but the interest seams to be gone... (sorry for the offtopic btw, the city is a great concept and I'm hoping for frequent updates )

Old April 18th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #8
edxor

Likes (Received): 130

Good project! will you have european or american Styled buildings in the city - or both?

(Was the Roskilde cathedral built prior to the town itself?) :p
edxor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #9
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

Thank you for the kind words, guys!
It has been a hell to find details of construction (esp. about the Cranes) to begin some construction. But thanks to imense research and a whole lot of help from DS, the project's first building will now be constructed!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This little mirracle happend exactly 104 years ago, today!

newspaper by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

New Annapolis Bank tower - 12m - U/C
(still fighting a bit with Thea, but we will get there!! Next update will have more detailed views )

3 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

4 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

JMGA196 liked this post
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #10
Dubai Skyscraper
「DEAD END」

omg no piling? wtf where is the demolition?! and what about the wall in the ground?? wtf man I expected more...

---

you know.. just kidding keep it up and post regular updates

earthbuilder liked this post
Old April 21st, 2014, 12:40 PM   #11
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

I will keep them up!!

---------------------------------------------------

New Annapolis Bank tower - 20m - U/C

Steel work detailing:

5 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

6 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

Old April 26th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #12
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

New Annapolis Bank tower - 32m - U/C

Sorry for one render, but didn't have more time :P

7 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

Old April 26th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #13
Dubai Skyscraper
「DEAD END」

great, great BUT you never listen to my advice

Old April 27th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #14
YingBlanc

Likes (Received): 40

It's growing, it's looking awesome But where's my building? :P
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:44 PM   #15
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

I will start it soon enough. Yet I have other buildings to do aswell

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Annapolis Bank tower - 44m - U/C

8 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

9 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

JMGA196 liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:45 PM   #16
JMGA196

Around what year are we now?

Y.N.W.A. L.F.C
Old May 7th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #17
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

We just entered September 1914

----------------------------------------------------------------
Decided to install SKP 2014. Then Thea didn't work, then SKP didn't work, then installed SKP 2013, where Thea didn't work, then SKP didn't work. BUT NOW IT WORKS!!!

New Annapolis Bank tower - 56m - U/C
Babel Tower - 17,30m - U/C

12 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

11 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

10 by TheEarthBuilder, on Flickr

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

Old May 7th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #18
Dubai Skyscraper
「DEAD END」

Vampires would love this city

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #19
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

new page

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #20
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

new page

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||