daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Taiwan Forums 台灣論壇 > Cityscapes / 城市風光

Cityscapes / 城市風光 Photography, architecture, nature scenery

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:09 PM   #1
kalifese

Likes (Received): 13

Taiwanese Residences and Houses

i'm starting a new post that specifically deals with residential/housing architecture, either new projects or existing structures, skyscrapers, highrises, low-rises or houses.
kalifese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:09 PM   #2
kalifese

do you all know about this huge riverside complex they're building in xindian called MeHAS? right in front of the MRT station consisting of 14 towers. there was an article in taipei times last year about this project getting a huge loan by several banks. I hope the final product looks as good as the rendering.

http://www.jsl.com.tw/mehas/index.html

http://housetube.tw/2320/%E6%97%A5%E...B2%B3%E5%B8%82

image hosted on flickr
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:10 PM   #3
kalifese

I think this housing complex is really nice. looks exactly like the type of architecture in southern california. they should build more styles like this:

http://housetube.tw/8897

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM   #4
kalifese

also very southern californian:

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM   #5
kalifese

I'm not into those neo-classical european styles but this one is actually one of the better ones I've seen. still a lot of decoration and detailing for my taste, but it overall I think it works. it's actually pretty big inside; the bedrooms are huge even by American standards! must be very expensive.

http://housetube.tw/1038

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM   #6
kalifese

http://tainan.housetube.tw/9738

Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:03 PM   #7
Stylinexpat
Working/traveling in Asia

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifese View Post
I think this housing complex is really nice. looks exactly like the type of architecture in southern california. they should build more styles like this:

Those are nice but most likely not in Taipei.
Stylinexpat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:25 AM   #8
williamchung7

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylinexpat View Post
Those are nice but most likely not in Taipei.
It's in Tainan.
williamchung7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #9
Stylinexpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung7 View Post
It's in Tainan.
Pretty nice but your average guy doesn't want to live in Tainan. It's like having a nice California styled house in the middle of no where in Texas or Nebraska.
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #10
superchan7
EOS 40D

Likes (Received): 3

These remind me more of Florida resort homes than of anything in California. But they're nice, except for that skyscraper wall...that developer is getting too many ideas from a certain city!
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #11
kalifese

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchan7 View Post
These remind me more of Florida resort homes than of anything in California. But they're nice, except for that skyscraper wall...that developer is getting too many ideas from a certain city!
no they're totally californian. and taiwan is closer to california than florida with many taiwanese living in california, especially southern california, so i'm sure its a bigger influence to them than florida.

and what skyscraper wall are you referring to?
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #12
pierre-laurent
Don Pedro-Lorenzo

Quote:

this is the real "villa savoye" by le corbusier. but to be honest, i hate it. i still prefer this pretty villa savoye made in taiwan!

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #13
kalifese

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre-laurent View Post
this is the real "villa savoye" by le corbusier. but to be honest, i hate it. i still prefer this pretty villa savoye made in taiwan!
actually i dont think they look that similar.
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #14
kalifese

Quote:
Pretty nice but your average guy doesn't want to live in Tainan. It's like having a nice California styled house in the middle of no where in Texas or Nebraska.
tainan weather is nicer, air is cleaner, and overall appearance is better than taipei . it is smaller than taipei, but i've been to tainan and it is nowhere near like nebraska as it is definitely more urban. and texas actually has big cities, e.g., dallas and houston. i think it is like comparing boston with new york, or san diego with los angeles.
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:41 AM   #15
Severiano
我是個老外!!! 給我啤酒!!!

Likes (Received): 348

Tainan also has the best food in Taiwan for about half the price of Taipei.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM   #16
Stylinexpat

Quote:
tainan weather is nicer, air is cleaner, and overall appearance is better than taipei . it is smaller than taipei, but i've been to tainan and it is nowhere near like nebraska as it is definitely more urban. and texas actually has big cities, e.g., dallas and houston. i think it is like comparing boston with new york, or san diego with los angeles.
Tainan is no where near comparing Los Angeles and San Diego Tainan has good weather, great fruits and Vegetables but is still a hole in the wall at the end of the day. It all depends on what you want in life but I wouldn't want to live there.
Old November 25th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #17
pierre-laurent
Don Pedro-Lorenzo

Quote:
to a european, tainan or kaohsiung are not necessary worse than taipei, about quality of life and urban environment. onece, my cousin shown me an old and deterioted quartier of da-an area and explained that is the one of the most expansive areas of taiwan...i wonder why except the fact this is a part of taipei city's downtown...
actually, there is a small french community living in tainan.
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #18
kalifese

Quote:
Tainan is no where near comparing Los Angeles and San Diego Tainan has good weather, great fruits and Vegetables but is still a hole in the wall at the end of the day. It all depends on what you want in life but I wouldn't want to live there.
no i didnt say tainan is like los angeles or san diego. i said the analogy between taipei and tainan is more comparable to new york and boston or los angeles and san diego. i dont know what part of tainan you went to but i was in the downtown area where there were departments stores, restaurants and hotels:

this is definitely not like nebraska:

Last edited by kalifese; November 25th, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #19
Stylinexpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre-laurent View Post
to a european, tainan or kaohsiung are not necessary worse than taipei, about quality of life and urban environment. onece, my cousin shown me an old and deterioted quartier of da-an area and explained that is the one of the most expansive areas of taiwan...i wonder why except the fact this is a part of taipei city's downtown...
actually, there is a small french community living in tainan.
That area is very very expensive though it looks like a shi*hole. Some of the homes there are just plain old cement on the outside and are about 40+ years old. The inside of those buildings stinks beyond imagination and the gutters outside those homes in the alleys have a foul smell that make you want to puke. Reminds me of the foul odor in Bangkok that comes out of the gutters.

A very small coffin like sized apartment will cost you around 30-50 million in the alleys between Tunhwa Rd. and Tah-Ahn Rd.to the side of Chunghsiao East Rd. sec. 4
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #20
kapone
T.O. Holla!

Hey really good post, these homes look awesome. Damn, it must be extremely expensive if they were built in Taipei, but I'm sure the real estate in Tainan is expensive too.

At the end, they should build more of these in all cities to get rid of all the old buildings in the country. More mid-size highrises.
kapone no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: