daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

FJORDCITY | Lund Hagem-kvartalet | 66m | 20fl | Completed

OperaKvarteret Felt B13
Felt B13 is a part of the OperaKvarteret highrise clauster

The easternmost part of OperaKvarteret is Block B13 designed by Lund Hagem Architects and a-lab. B13 is bordered by Rostock Street,
Trelast Street, Dronning Eufemia Street and Nordenga Bridge. This phase will complete OperaKvarteret in early 2015.

The project consists of four residential towers on a base containing common functions such as kindergarten and commercial premises. The
site is divided into six parallel blank strips of varied width in line with the overall Barcode concept, a plan that is characterized by parallel
building stripes where each building has its own individual shape and character.

The residential towers create spaces which allow diagonal sightlines through the area and provide optimized sun, air and viewing conditions
for the apartments. Terracing of the base case of the quarter's inner life from the surrounding streets and creates different levels of outdoor
living space for kindergartens, private roof gardens and terraces.

Each building has its own expression and materiality. In short, the facade consists of two layers; an insulated inner facade containing
windows and doors, and an outer skin acting as a spacious element for the balcony area with integrated railing and winter gardens. The outer
skin breaks up the otherwise vast facade- surfaces and brings them down to a more human scale.

B13 (25 000m2) will be built in two different construction stages. Stage one with the completion of 180 apartments in Bygg A (21 floors) and Bygg
B (16 floors), completion scheduled for 4th quarter of 2014. Stage two completes B13 with the last two towers and another 80 apartments in Bygg
D (16 floors) and Bygg F (8 floors, offices), completion scheduled for 1st quarter of 2015.

High resolution renderings

Older renderings and illustrations

Illustration by Lund Hagem

Design of Bygg F

Illustration by a-lab

Updated by Ŝróndeimr.

Last edited by Ŝróndeimr; October 16th, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #2
marshol
Landsc. Architect

Likes (Received): 1292

21 floors? I thought they were descending towards the medieval park. Cool render though, nice to finally see the other end of barcode.
marshol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #3
muster

Likes (Received): 509

These are old renders right? I hope the final design will look better..
muster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Ingenioren

You have to ask Christian where he found them, but as afaik, the renders match the description from the files in city-archives from october. So no, not old renders, but the colours are just to show there will be different colours, so i wouldn't say: "Oh no! It's yellow!" Or anything like that, tough i hope they will be fresh colours, i'm afraid it brakes the Barcode-principles too much with those colours.... I'm glad they are tall all the way to the bridge, it makes precedens for what we can expect and hope for on the other side there, museum or no museum, that is a great plot for continuing this concept...
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #5
muster

Likes (Received): 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
You have to ask Christian where he found them, but as afaik, the renders match the description from the files in city-archives from october. So no, not old renders, but the colours are just to show there will be different colours, so i wouldn't say: "Oh no! It's yellow!" Or anything like that, tough i hope they will be fresh colours, i'm afraid it brakes the Barcode-principles too much with those colours.... I'm glad they are tall all the way to the bridge, it makes precedens for what we can expect and hope for on the other side there, museum or no museum, that is a great plot for continuing this concept...
Ok, my wrong. I didn't see the third 21 floor tower at first. You wont see me protesting against this, but I agree that it is not enough Barcode'ish. Could be better IMO.

I also totally agree with the continuing of the project on the other side..
muster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

The render is new yeah, but it will most likely change a bit (especially facades) before any construction can start.

About design, it does not look too good on the render. The design is by Lund Hagem, an okay architect, but i've never seen anything from them which has surprised me positivly, so expect no Isfjellet, DnB NOR or Krystallklar here...
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #7
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

It will be something like this?

Btw, here are the original Lund Hagem design that won the competition in 2007.

There were three architects involved in the competition. This is one of the other proposals that was rejected. Design by 3XN.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #8
Ingenioren

Not really, there where originally 5 plots in B13(Where 2 unbuilt. - You are missing one in your map.), but there has been added another plot, (With some sort of rowhouses.) It's unclear from the render and documents to be sure, but the way i see it the new order is from west: 3 floors, 16 floors, 21 floors,16 floors.
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #9
UrbanLife

Likes (Received): 146

There will be also some row houses with private gardens in this project. Looks really dense!
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #10
Ingenioren

I made a simple sketch (no funny remarks, IceCheese!) to show the general idea of the plan for B13 after beeing down at PBE this afternoon:

The strips with 1 and 3 floors have roofgardens, and all 3 resi towers have large roofterasses, most of the greenery on groundlevel is occupied by the kindergarden. The strip E is only 2 meters wide(!) And F will purely be a commercial building.

Last edited by Ingenioren; November 25th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #11
Ingenioren

Here you can see for yourself as i generously photographed it for you:

Old January 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM   #12
Grauthue

Likes (Received): 72

I really appreciate the effort behind updates like this
Thanks
Grauthue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM   #13
Mr. Love Architectur

Likes (Received): 74

Truly stunning pics and project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauthue View Post

I really appreciate the effort behind updates like this
Thanks
fantastic updates and work. these pics and project looks stunning if you ask me. Are we any closer till start up on this, mon tro?

great way to make more spacious and visibility through by going higher. looking extremely much forward till seeing this going up.
Mr. Love Architectur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM   #14
joamox

Likes (Received): 474

looks good, but it seems to include another hammer+ a mini hammer, never liked the one on klp. Would prefer if they just had a normal tower like the two others.

My book on historic Oslo is available in Norwegian bookshops and online, click here.

Mexichino blog, featuring information on architecture in London, Paris, Rome, Scandinavia and a whole bunch of other places
Now-and-then photo collection on Mexichino Flickr
joamox está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM   #15
Ingenioren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Love Architectur View Post
Are we any closer till start up on this, mon tro?
You will have to wait atleast a few years, this is the last project of the strip you know, hopefully the first step will be under construction during 2012.
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM   #16
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 909

Depending on appartment sales in DnBNOR and the MAD-building...

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #17
Mr. Love Architectur

Likes (Received): 74

Yeah, thats a shame really. If they start sales sooner they will also have far more time to sell out everything before completion. Look at Operakvarteret, supposed to be finished in march/april this year, and still only about 26 apartments sold of the 53/54.

I would guess a lot of potential buyers are very aware of what might come in front of their apartments! What if they suddenly go 13-16 floors right in front of Barcode? Especially taking into consideration that they might move say 30.000 sq.m away from kongsbakken.
Mr. Love Architectur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM   #18
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Love Architectur View Post
Yeah, thats a shame really. If they start sales sooner they will also have far more time to sell out everything before completion. Look at Operakvarteret, supposed to be finished in march/april this year, and still only about 26 apartments sold of the 53/54.

I would guess a lot of potential buyers are very aware of what might come in front of their apartments! What if they suddenly go 13-16 floors right in front of Barcode? Especially taking into consideration that they might move say 30.000 sq.m away from kongsbakken.
They are also marketing this as very high-end. Maybe if they didn't make everything so "exclusive", more people would be intruiged by the project, and realize that it's not that expensive, and that all you pay for is the view and the proximity to Oslo S/downtown.

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:53 PM   #19
UrbanLife

Likes (Received): 146

Regarding Operakvartalet I'm actually surprised they've sold any apratments at all. Because everyone knows that the area will be a building site for at least for 10 years, and than I'd rather buy an apartment at Aker Brygge.

Really like the idea though about student homes next to Deichmanske. There you'll have an easy way of filling the apartments and contributers to the street life.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM   #20
Ingenioren

And it's good for the image, don't want Bjĝrvika to be only for the rich

Tags
fjordcity, oslo