daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #61
nachalnik

Likes (Received): 773

The deal to buy 7 railjets is now confirmed, according to several Czech web-sources.

http://www.vz24.cz/clanky/dozorci-ra...roby-railjetu/
http://www.zelpage.cz/zpravy/8665
http://byznys.ihned.cz/zpravodajstvi...paign=mediafed

The 7 Czech railjets (hauled by ÖBB 1216) will be used on a new direct route Prague - Vienna - Graz.
According to http://www.ice-treff.de/index.php?mode=thread&id=195768 ongoing negotiations with MAV and ZSSK about using railjets also between Prague and Budapest might lead to a deal about the remaining 8 railjets (orginially intended for the line Prague - Berlin - Hamburg).
nachalnik no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #62
1+1=3

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt11 View Post
In Bulgaria we plan to buy new trains for 300mln euro. Do you know how much does it cost 471 City Elefant?
About €9 mln per unit (2011)
1+1=3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #63
Mr_Dru

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Yes, it's true. They have ordered also new coaches, but they weren't yet delivered.

This is how they look from the inside:

First of all I like your new Leo Express train! The first class seats looks like in a airplane, how luxury is that. it looks very comfy.

But I notice the picture above have almost the same kind of interior, but different colours as the Dutch 1st class coaches. This is a Dutch renewed intercity wagon (from 1980). I see the same kind of chair and light above. But the black seats looks more comfortable then the red seats btw.

Mr_Dru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:29 PM   #64
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8714

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachalnik View Post
The deal to buy 7 railjets is now confirmed, according to several Czech web-sources.

http://www.vz24.cz/clanky/dozorci-ra...roby-railjetu/
http://www.zelpage.cz/zpravy/8665
http://byznys.ihned.cz/zpravodajstvi...paign=mediafed

The 7 Czech railjets (hauled by ÖBB 1216) will be used on a new direct route Prague - Vienna - Graz.
According to http://www.ice-treff.de/index.php?mode=thread&id=195768 ongoing negotiations with MAV and ZSSK about using railjets also between Prague and Budapest might lead to a deal about the remaining 8 railjets (orginially intended for the line Prague - Berlin - Hamburg).
If they really wanna introduce an 2 hour interval between Prague and Graz, which I hope, the 7 CD Railjets won't be enough (one circle would at least be 16 hours). I'd say ÖBB has to come up with 3 more train sets for such a service, which leads me to my next question: ÖBB right now has 15 1216.2xx. Is this number high enough? To my knowledge Siemens is not producing EuroSprinters anymore.

Prague - Bratislava - Budapest is also interesting regarding the locos. Any alternatives to CD 380s?
KingNick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:46 PM   #65
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

According to this page (http://ekonomika.idnes.cz/ceske-drah...ko-doprava_spi) CD Railjets will looks like this:

For my liking this is soooo dull.... Should have sticked to ÖBB's design with CD colors:

Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:26 PM   #66
thun

Yeah, it's not the best scheme.
Anyways, the line Prague-Graz sounds very good.
Eurosprinters could be replaced by Vectron locos. Obviously the front design doesn't fit anymore (the Vectron is rather dull) but producers quite often change that according to customers desires.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #67
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Vectron? Hardly gonna happen since CD wants to replace the leased 1216.2xx with 380s from Skoda once they are licensed for AUT and ÖBB has no use at all for additional locos. What I think could happen is other 1216s could be converted for CZ. But I have no clue which one could be spared. Nachalnik would know way more about the whole matter.
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #68
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

congrats on getting "our" RailJets

is CD going to proceed with high-er speed lines? Prague-Brno-AT/PL direction to 200-230 kph?
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #69
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

The Austrian Part between Vienna and Breclav for sure will be faster by 2013 with the implementation of ETCS Level 2. No idea how fast exactly though.
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #70
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

these corridors could be upgraded to a reasonable 200-230 kph by 2020 IF there was any political will to do it:
• Budapest-Gyor-[Bratislava]-Wien
• Wien-Brno-Katowice
• Brno-Prague-Dresden-Berlin

oh well
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #71
nachalnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
The Austrian Part between Vienna and Breclav for sure will be faster by 2013 with the implementation of ETCS Level 2. No idea how fast exactly though.

ETCS won't make the line faster.

Raising the speed from 120 to 160 km/h would require upgraded tracks, switches and catenary.
This is planned within the next ~10 years, but ETCS is not necessary for this speed level.

Higher speeds than 160 km/h are not planned between Wien and Breclav, as 160 km/h is fast enough to enable a travelling time of slightly less than 50 minutes (according to the requirements for an ideal integrated periodic timetable with ("ITF") with 00/30-hubs at Vienna and Breclav).

Nachalnik
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #72
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

I thought signalling is the main reason for the current speed since the track is super straight.
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #73
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2535

Quote:
If they really wanna introduce an 2 hour interval between Prague and Graz, which I hope, the 7 CD Railjets won't be enough (one circle would at least be 16 hours). I'd say ÖBB has to come up with 3 more train sets for such a service, which leads me to my next question: ÖBB right now has 15 1216.2xx. Is this number high enough? To my knowledge Siemens is not producing EuroSprinters anymore.

Prague - Bratislava - Budapest is also interesting regarding the locos. Any alternatives to CD 380s?
If Railjets were introduced on Prague - Bratislava - Budapest line, ČD 380 locos would be probably the only option. Current EC trains at this line are hauled by ZSSK 350 locos, which definitely cannot be coupled with Railjets. For now also ČD 380 aren't compatible with Railjets though.

Possible alternative would be purchase of new locos by either ZSSK or MÁV, but I doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
these corridors could be upgraded to a reasonable 200-230 kph by 2020 IF there was any political will to do it:
• Budapest-Gyor-[Bratislava]-Wien
• Wien-Brno-Katowice
• Brno-Prague-Dresden-Berlin

oh well
I would say it's not only matter of political will, but also money. It also takes some time to design, approve and build them. I believe the first 200 km/h line would be Brno - Břeclav and it could be by 2020 or even slightly sooner, but there's no way all mentioned lines would be upgraded in 8 years.

BTW little correction, there is no Vienna - Brno - Katowice corridor, it's Vienna - Břeclav - Přerov - Ostrava - Katowice (i.e. it doesn't go via Brno).
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #74
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Actually I don't get it anyway, why they intend to use ÖBB 1216s instead of the regular ÖBB 1116 RJ locos. They've got plenty of them all capable of running on 25 KV.
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #75
nachalnik

25 kV is not enough....
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #76
SpatialCadet

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dru View Post
First of all I like your new Leo Express train! The first class seats looks like in a airplane, how luxury is that. it looks very comfy.

But I notice the picture above have almost the same kind of interior, but different colours as the Dutch 1st class coaches. This is a Dutch renewed intercity wagon (from 1980).
That picture would be RegioJet, not Leo Express. Indeed the RegioJet trains are refurbished older trains. When Leo Express start they will have new Stadtler EMUs.
SpatialCadet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #77
SpatialCadet

Quote:
CD Railjets will looks like this:
Why, oh, why?!

I mean the ÖBB has awful design, which everyone's used to by now, so its no big deal. And the ÖBB Railjets, though randomly painted, aren't too ugly. (The cheatline is supposed to make it look faster?) But ČD has been doing well with design again lately, I expect more from them.

I mean, the standard colors are good, but why are they ignoring physical shape of the train, if doors are contrasting it should be greater (its like they wanted to hide the doors), etc.

And moreover why not have a basic design criteria for assorted train classifications across (Central) Europe? It'd be easier for passengers to undertand train classifications. Like DB's trains.
- Regional trains could follow DB and have a chromatic or dark colour and light stripe.
- IC / EC trains with light or less chromatic color and dark stripe.
- High speed trains with a "spruced up" fancier version of IC / EC livery.
Just saying.
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #78
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

ÖBB design awful; CD design great? Dafuq?
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #79
SpatialCadet

Quote:
CD design great? Dafuq?
Not great but decent.

I'm trying to think of one area where the ÖBB is better than ČD, and the only one is TV ads, though the new ÖBB spots are hella annoying, aestiticly and branding-wise they're not bad.

And the regional semi-striped livery. Too much random contrast. While ČD has subtle contrast that isn't applied randomly. Then you board and are harassed with harsh lighting.

Then we get to architecture. ÖBB should have the prize for the world's coldest architecture. Prisons are more inviting than any newly renovated ÖBB Bahnhof. Wien Hbf. looks like it was drawn by a dorky 16 year old who just learned to render for the first time. And Salzburg Hbf.'s roof... it isn't cool to look like the Eastern Bloc's first ventures into post-modernist architecture from the 90's.

Crimes against the nation, the lot of it. And the Wiener Linien's interiors, too.
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #80
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Gosh, you're one bitter mother****er.