daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #81
SpatialCadet

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
Gosh, you're one bitter mother****er.
Yep. But honestly isn't someone be getting paid to do this?
SpatialCadet no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #82
1+1=3

Likes (Received): 507

RegioPanter EMU has started it's regular service

max 160kmph, 241 pax, includes wifi and air-conditioning
ČD will get 19 units for now, each 138 mio Kč = € 5,5 mio

1+1=3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #83
1+1=3

And new Leo express (Flirt) interior at Innotrans
Old September 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #84
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8709

So after Regiojet and CD now also LEO Express on the Prague - Ostrava route. How are they going to fit in with their offer? The train sure looks like they're going for the high-price segment. Who's behind the company?
KingNick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #85
1+1=3

I have no idea how they will do on that route, I'm afraid there will be no enough demand but that's just my guess. There's an option they will server some other routes as well after some time.
The owner is czech multimillionaire Leoš Novotný http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEO_Express
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #86
imaginas
www.luz.gr

Likes (Received): 179

Last August i visited Prague.You can see pictures.in my Photogallery!!!

Skoda Steam Locomotive
Skoda Steam Locomotive at Mutejovice station
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #87
SkyGurt
BANNED

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=3 View Post
RegioPanter EMU has started it's regular service

max 160kmph, 241 pax, includes wifi and air-conditioning
ČD will get 19 units for now, each 138 mio Kč = € 5,5 mio
This train looks extremely cool. Congrats to Czech engineers.
SkyGurt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #88
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

I actually really like the CD design on that train as well, whereas I am normaly not the biggest fan. Especially on the Railjet, I feel it's somehow misplaced.
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #89
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

First test results for all competitors on the Praha - Ostrava route:

Quote:
Competition on the route Prague - Ostrava is intensifying, we compared them for you
Czech Railways, and from Tuesday RegioJet recently, Leo Express. Trains operate in the Czech Republic for three companies and fight for passengers getting tougher. Internet connection speed and the effort to take your kitchen is already standard. We researched because the carriers are different and what they are prepared to offer in the ticket price.

Czech Railways and Pendolino
The fastest times of Czech Railways SC Pendolino train, which travels in the direction of Prague - Ostrava eight times a day back and forth eight times. The trip takes three hours and two minutes. If you are buying a train ticket off peak over the internet and you are the owner In - CD cards, you pay for it three hundred and twenty crowns (SporoTiket 220 CZK + 100 CZK reservations), then at checkout with this card you pay three hundred and sixty crowns. No card in the ticket price during peak hours is four hundred and thirty or four hundred ninety-five crowns (SporoTiket 230 CZK + 200 CZK reservation or 295 CZK + 200 CZK reservation).

The train is a food delivery, minibar, train car with bistro dining options. There is such a hit Cabbage thick soup with sausage (49 CZK), or sirloin with dumplings (CZK 129) and chicken schnitzel with potato salad or roasted potatoes for the same price. The range now also comes organic food. The first class is included for transportation refreshments (coffee, cold drink, bread and confectionery), in the second class is free water and daily newspapers.

The cars are air-conditioned with reclining seats, tables, Wi-Fi and power outlets conventional electronics. Onboard web portal allows traffic to read news, check the current speed of the train and its location, which can be viewed online through web cameras in addition. Is currently being implemented possibility to listen to music, play games and continue to compete in the portal with other travelers. For those who do not own a computer, will be renting tablets. Czech Railways allow wheelchair users convenient transportation and is the only rail operator also bicycles and dogs - but they must wear a muzzle and leash, other small animals must be in a container with a solid bottom. Additional service are priority check-in and checkout also ČD Lounge - waiting for passengers with children's corners.

RegioJet Trains
RegioJet offers on the route Prague - Ostrava every day, nine boards and nine back there. Ticket price will typically costs 295 crowns. If you hold a credit tickets, buy tickets in the 210 crowns and students pay for the route 190 crowns. However, you can buy a ticket in a single special offer called Yellow bomb when you journey will cost only 145 crowns. The journey from Prague to Ostrava main station takes three hours and thirty-two minutes.

RegioJet trains have dining cars, the food you stewards, who are always present in each of the cars, I'll get straight to your place. The price of each ticket includes unlimited coffee and get a free water taking or peppermint tea. Offer snacks at low prices is diverse and includes dishes such as sushi, salads, stuffed croissants and desserts.

In all joints, regardless of the amount paid fare passengers get the same service. You'll always have socket 230 V, a place to sit, because RegioJet does not carry standing passengers. You can choose from different variants of cars such as open space, coupe and an internet cafe where you borrow and the computer. There are there for everyone and magazines and other printed materials, again included in the fare. The whole train is able to connect to the Internet and on-board network from December carrier plans to add even offer films. In each of the cars are two toilets. The cars are air-conditioned, carpeted and equipped with individual reading lamps for reading. Another advantage is the consistency of trains with buses RegioJet Student Agency, which will ensure a smooth transition to its destination. On board the train you can also purchase tickets Prague or Ostrava for public transport. Trains are equipped for people with reduced mobility, for which they have dedicated connections to each seat. In addition, transporting the dogs when they are in a reclosable box.

LEO Express Trains
Ticket on the route Prague - Ostrava take at Leo Express for 137 to 290 crowns. There is a choice of three price classes from the economic, business over to a special class premium. It also depends on whether you buy your ticket on time and how many hours you want to travel by train. Generally, the earlier you book the ticket, the cheaper you go, and if you buy a ticket for off-peak hours, you will save more money. Leo Express offers a single price and does not favor shopping over the internet or box office. Discount on their fare you can get only if you participate in the credit program and will use their services regularly. Discounted rates are so ready for their regular customers. Route Prague - Ostrava will be from 9 December last three hours and six minutes. Today the joints due to a slower timetable předpřipravenému a few minutes. The ticket price are drinks (half-liter bottle of mineral water), prints and renting tablets and internet.

Leo Express offers snacks, flight attendants that distributes directly to your site. A selection of food and drink at prices up to 60 crowns. Currently, the board offered cold and hot drinks and cold dishes such as sandwiches or salads. In the future, the carrier plans to expand its offering as well as hot dishes.

Each seat is equipped with an electric socket of 230 V and for all locations are available tables specially designed for notebook and refreshments. You can take advantage of free Internet access via Wi-Fi, have fun and draw information in indoor entertainment and information portal. In each coach are placed on the ceiling screen, where you can easily track all the information related to your travel or weather. If you do not own a computer, it is possible to board the train on equipment rental. On board kits LEO Express is available to passengers current newspapers and magazines for free. Leo Express trains are suitable for transporting people with mobility impairments and are able to carry smaller dogs in a closed container.
Source: http://www.novinky.cz/domaci/284618-...porovnali.html

Translated by Google.

Like the readers of the article, I'd most likely also chose RegioJet over CD and Leo, although I've never ridden on a Leo train, but I just love the comfort of the old ÖBB coaches.

Interesting fact: RegioJet is offering more connections per day than CD.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #90
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17033

Are there any plans for high speed rail between Ostrava and Praha?
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #91
1+1=3

Plans are there, but it would be loss-making investment most probably. All main rail tracks in Czech Rep were modernised or are being modernised up to 160 kmph which is enough to be faster than car on all routes joining main cities.
For example travel time on Prague - Ostrava route (356 km) was cca 4:45 in the 80's, today it's ~ 3 hours and will be decreased to about 2:45 thanks to remaining reconstructions on the route. By bus it takes 5:30.
Building high speed rail there would be extremely expensive and would reduce travel time only for about one hour. Basicly there's no demand for it. It would make sense only for international traffic within Central Europe, but that's rather insignificant for now.

Video of Leo Express yesterday premiere
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #92
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

As far as I know the Praha - Ostrava railway only has 2 tracks, so upgrading it to 200 km/h would also mean less capacity for freight and other slower trains.
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #93
1+1=3

Indeed, it's double track, only about 30kms from Prague to Poříčany are tree tracks, the third track in operation since 2009.
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM   #94
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
As far as I know the Praha - Ostrava railway only has 2 tracks, so upgrading it to 200 km/h would also mean less capacity for freight and other slower trains.
Since 9-12-2012 there should be 72 passenger trains daily on the Praha-Ostrava route. CD 38, RJ 18, LE 16.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM   #95
Sopomon
Hideous and malformed

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Since 9-12-2012 there should be 72 passenger trains daily on the Praha-Ostrava route. CD 38, RJ 18, LE 16.
Wow, for such a small country, that's incredibly busy.
What about Prague - Brno?
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM   #96
Snowlenin
Snowlenin

Likes (Received): 4

Here I send ride in Silesian Semmering in Jeseníky from Lipová Lázně to Horní Lipová
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI6EP20M6rQ&feature=plcp
Snowlenin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 09:45 PM   #97
Vaud

Likes (Received): 1581

Quote:
Video of Leo Express yesterday premiere
Thanks for sharing! the interior looks very good and for once the colors on a czech train looks awesome too mean no offense but specially those blue trains look horrible to me
Vaud está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #98
oakwood....

Likes (Received): 5004

Quote:
And new Leo express (Flirt) interior at Innotrans
This train is really nice, its external and internal appearance give the impression of elegance and comfort.
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #99
Snowlenin
Snowlenin

Likes (Received): 4

Today I send ride from Ostružná in Jeseníky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xb_2...ature=youtu.be
Snowlenin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #100
1+1=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakwood.... View Post
This train is really nice, its external and internal appearance give the impression of elegance and comfort.
I think choice of these trains for 300+ km long journeys was rather bad, Flirt is supposed to be regional train. I've heard the comfort in economy class is nothing special for such distance. But it's private company so I don't care that much...