daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #1
xip
mapviewer

Likes (Received): 1

LARISSA | Public Transport

Larisa is the 4th most populated city in Greece with 250,000 inhabitants, and its situated right in the midle of mainland. Its a huge economic, industrial, and shopping center, although theres no a basic transportation system operating.

My plan consists 3 line running underground in Larissa center and above outside the city through all the main villages in the area until the nearby cities of Karditsa, Trikala, Katerini, and Thessaloniki.

The system could be using the 1,520Kw Talent low floor electric light rail train with 3 cars by bombardier, so that on the surface can reach the speed of 140km/h.

All the station are situated under squares or parks so that theres no need to demolish any buildings.

This system could later include metro-like stations serving the reaching cities of Karditsa Trikala volos and Katerini.

Greece had one of the first city rail lines (peireas-athens) but had left behind, i'd like someday to see the Athens 8line subway, Thessalonikis subway, Patras subway.

Thanks

Last edited by dimlys1994; December 22nd, 2015 at 06:49 PM.
xip no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #2
AVassilios

Likes (Received): 2

Great plan but sadly far behind reality. we don't even manage to build line 4 in athens .
But in fact your idea isn't bad, and i though there was a discussion about a Tram - Train Larisa - Volos right?
Old November 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #3
xip
mapviewer

Yes there was a plan for a tram in Larissa, i dont know anything bout Volos.......i think its impossible to build a tram in Larissa all streets are very narrow, and if they manage to make someline it wouldnt be like the one in athens....Thessaly should at least have a decent suburban system to connect them........although a RHEIN RUHR system would be just perfect for that area!!!
Old November 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #4
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

hmm I'm not sure if this can work. I'm pretty sure that Larisa need a tram network, but only inside the city with such a traffic problem and maybe some outer suburbs. There is an official plan for Larisa tram. Here's the map:

Though I don't know what happened to that plan.

This is MY plan:
Old November 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #5
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

I dont think the loops are the best solution for the urban transport.

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #6
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

There are no huge boulevards in the center of Larisa so the tram have to follow another one way road for each rute. It's not that bad i think
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #7
xip
mapviewer

Its a gr8 plan, in my mind the ministry of transport is really generous!!! lol

But where the hell r they gonna place the tracks?? it will have to go along with the cars......i used to live there for 5 years and believe me thers no place for a tram......inside the area between nomarhia general hospital and all the way down to the inside ring road it takes at least 30' to park your car!!!! Your plan is great, but i think that it should work undergroung at the center......surface tram can be a pain in the ass if you have narrow streets and a parking problem!!!
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #8
xip
mapviewer

4 example the street connecting saka sq an mouseio is around 6m wide with 2m pavement each side.........and that is the one and only big road in the center!!!