daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

NEW YORK | 70 West 45th Street ( Cassa ) | 157m | 47 fl | Com

Building: Cassa NY at 70 West 45th Street in Times Square
World condominium residences with hotel services.

Created by one of the most influential and respected contemporary architectural firms, Enrique Norten/TEN Arquitectos in collaboration with Cetra Ruddy, Cassa will benefit from spectacular views and take its place as a recognizable part of the dynamic skyline of New York City.

Curbed

Project summary:

Architect: Enrique Norten/ Ten Arquitectos
Developer: ASSA Properties

Update

Source

Looking for Foreign Buyers, Midtown's Cassa Raises Prices

Wednesday, November 25, 2009, by Sara

For those who've been wondering: yes, Midtown's Cassa NY hotel/condo is still ignoring the recession. Shortly after taking over from the Marketing Directors, which sold 40 percent of the building, brokerage Prodigy International -- hired to wave starchitect Enrique Norten's name in front of foreign buyers' noses -- has upped the prices on nine of the 29 available Cassa units. Most notably, PH1, listed in late October for $12.8 million, got an 8 percent, or $1.024 million price increase and is now asking $13.824 million. Proof that there's something to all those rumors of foreign demand? Maybe it helps that the foreign buyers have something mostly finished to look at.

Source
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel

Last edited by Ni3lS; November 29th, 2009 at 06:30 AM.
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #2
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 201

I like the base, but the rest is 'ok'
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Ni3lS

Wow I didn't know that it's almost completed. They were talking about ' sales start in the winter of 2009 '.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #4
MDguy

No good - the window arrangement makes no sense at all
MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Ni3lS

^ I think it's only 2 apartments per floor. That's why they're so expensive and popular. I think the prices are around 2.000.000 and they are still raising.
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #6
Nout
AstroNout

Likes (Received): 1035

I like the windows in the highest 20 floors in the 'edge' of the building. Further more just a box. I don't know how it fits in its environment, but the white color, height and shape makes the building a good reflection of the time we're living in .
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #7
Ganis
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

very Bauhaus.
Ganis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 04:52 AM   #8
Philly Bud
City Of Brotherly Love

Likes (Received): 246

Nothing special to my way of thinking. Only the asymmetrical placement of the windows adds any interest to the building.
Old November 29th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #9
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobsemajdnob View Post
Here's another filler tower that's rising in basically the same location except one street to the north.

http://www.internationalgemtower.com
Looks tight. You should make a thread for it
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #10
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Don't know what to think of the base, impressions are not clear but it is definitely different from its neighbors.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #11
City of Rain
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

does anyone have any real life pictures of the base and how the building fits in with the other scrapers in the new york skyline?
City of Rain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #12
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17798

Quite a lot of windowless spaces. Are those utility areas?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #13
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Quite a lot of windowless spaces. Are those utility areas?
2 apartments per floor
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:05 AM   #14
Ni3lS

Cassa Hotel Might Just Meet Our Desires and Open in April

What’s this? A New York hotel opening on or close to schedule? We don’t want to count our chickens before they’ve hatched but we’ve learned that the Cassa Hotel & Residences in New York is set to open in April. Last we heard it might be this summer, so this is welcome news indeed.

The futuristic-looking building on West 45th Street is designed by Enrique Norten of Ten Arquitectos and is part condo, part hotel—57 apartments and 166 hotel rooms. Cassa joins fellow Desires Hotels in New York, The MAve and Hotel Mela.

The Cassa Hotel & Residences Lobby

Rooms will include HD flatscreens, Boynq and Bose docking systems, Frette sheets and towels, Angelo Caroli bath goodies, and a Dean & Deluca stocked snack and minibar. Like they can at all Desires Hotels, guests can use the Your Desires guest-preferences program to get, well, whatever it is they desire.

One thing’s for sure: we constantly crave new hotels, so if Cassa hits its target and opens its doors in April, task one on our desires list will be taken care of.

Then we can talk about the spa …

Source
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:40 AM   #15
sieradzanin1

Likes (Received): 1046

Complete, to the archive :

http://www.emporis.com/application/?...orkcity-ny-usa

2010-4-24

sieradzanin1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM   #16
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10282

Uglier than expected

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM   #17
derzberb
operierender Titan

Likes (Received): 3293

Want see pictures of basement, first 5-6 levels.
Old February 24th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #18
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

No these short condos look like ass.

Tags
new york