daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark

Denmark » Copenhagen | Aarhus

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #81
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 115

Time for a little construction update before I and everyone else forgets this thread. After a few rather calm years things are starting to speed up again in Herning and there's quite a number of project UC at the moment. Let's get going:

PWC - Architect: Årstiderne Arkitekter

New 4 storey building for PWC in the western part of Herning:

Rendering:

© Årstiderne Arkitekter

Sabroesvej / Grøndahlsvej - Architect: Årstiderne Arkitekter

The first of these two 6 storey buildings (the one in front) is completed, the other will be soon. As you can see on the rendering more buildings are to follow soon. I'll never be a fan of these white concrete facades, I really don't understand why they are allowed to use those as facade. Thankfully it's used only these few "punkthuse", the rest will be bricks like the rest of the area:

Rendering:

© Årstiderne Arkitekter

Jobcenter, Godsbanevej - Architect: Årstiderne Arkitekter

Right next to the train station this project originally started out as a 14 storey highrise with a completely different look, now we'll end up with only 5. Would have loved to see something tall here. Atleast I think the new design is better than the old, despite the few floors:

Rendering:

© Årstiderne Arkitekter

Herning Banegårdscenter, Renovering

Not really a big project, just some renovation of train station. These "Stair towers" used to be clad on some ugly dirty brown material, but now glass is being installed instead. Nothing bit but stil a huge improvement - now we just need to get something done to the butt ugly train station buillding itself (the one behind):

Right next to it we find...

Scandic Regina, Renovering

Hernings Scandic hotel from the mid 80's is gettting it's first major renovation since it was build. The dated rooms are completely changed and the facade get a new fresh look too (or "fresher"). The entire building used to look like the little 3 storey part to the right with grey vertical windows frames. The grey part is now being changed into black glass panels:

Livsrum - Kræftrådgivningscenter - Architect: Claus Pryds

"Livsrum" are 7 new cancer counseling centres being built around the country by Kræftens Bekæmpelse and Realdania. This little project is located next to the current hospital in central Herning:

Rendering:

© Claus Pryds

Brandstationsgrunden - Architect: Årstiderne Arkitekter

Even closer to the central square we find this new residential and office building on "Brandstationsgrunden". It will contain offices, 36 youth appartments, 26 regualar appartments and 101 parking spaces. The elements for the parking garage seems to in place now:

Rendering:

© Årstiderne Arkitekter

Bang & Olufsen NEXUS - Architect: Arkitec

This much debated new Bang & Olufsen "Premium Stores" concept building is being build right on the edge of the city hall square and next to the church (some some in front of). Some are affraid it will hide the church too much, personally I doubt it and think it will fit in quite well. I guess we'll see when it's completed.

Rendering:

© Arkitec

Some 150-200 meters away we find....

Nyt Bibliotek - Architect: Arkitektfirma Kristian H. Nielsen

The town central library will be moved into this centrally location building, which used to house a supermarket. Renovation will be completed next spring/summer:

Rendering:

© Arkitektfirma Kristian H. Nielsen

In front you also see work at the pedestrian street...

Ny Belægning i gågaden - Landscape Architect: Schönherr Landskab

Which is part of the ongoing renewal of Herning pedestrian streets. Much of the eastern par is looking like this at the moment. It'll will clad with asphalt when the sewer work is done, just to be repawed next spring summer with granite:

I'tll end up in the same style as this (a little further east):

© Schönherr Landskab

Erhvervsakademi MidtVest - Architect: Årstiderne Arkitekter

Now we're moving away from the absolut central part, here a little futher north we find an expansion to the Erhvervsakademi MidtVest buildings. Doesn't look like much on the construction sign below:

© Årstiderne Arkitekter

Herning Gymnasium - Architect: Cubo

Right next to it another, larger, school construction. This is a larger expansion of Herning Gymnasium:

Rendering:

© Cubo

Engholm Søpark - Masterplan Architect: Henning Larsen Architects

Even futher away from central Herning we find the Engholm Søpark at the northeastern part of town. The project dates back before the crisis started, and not much happend in some years. Now the first buildings are getting build...later on larger buildings are supposed to be build, although a lot can still change:

Fuglsang Sø Centret - Architect: P+P arkitekter

Now we're at Fuglsnag Sø where the new elderly center Fuglsang Sø Centret is being build. It'll have 112 appartments. Again we see the white concrete facades... I just don't get it. In 5 years it'll probably look rather dirty, being right next to the water:

Holing Sø

Just north of Fuglsang Sø the first stage of Holing Sø has now been completed this week (although water needs to rise within the next 4-8 weeks). This first stage is only 9 HA large, but when fully completed it will be 45 HA. Fuglsang Sø is roughly 28 HA.

Here two wet maps showing the current and final versions:

Much of the soil from this lake is used for....

Vesterholmvejs forlængelse

Vesterholmvej is the road between Fuglsang Sø and Holing Sø. I'll be extended 3 kms to the west out to the new hospital in Gødstrup (where it will connect with the new motorway to Holstebro). He're we see bridge construction over the rail:

And the map:

© Herning Kommune

At the end of this new road we find...

DNV Gødstrup - Architect: CURA VITA

It's impossible to get a good overview of this huge construction site from the ground. Right now many machines are working, but it's all still just ground work. I'm sure we'll see a lot of aerial photos during the construction:

And the wellknown rendering:

© CURA VITA

Snejbjerg Ny Skole - Architect: Kjaer & Richter

Final new project for now is a new school in Snejbjerg (close to Gødstrup too). It's quite hard getting a nice view of the site and it's also still mostly groundwork:

Rendering:

© Kjaer & Richter

A few recently completed buildings:

Lind Plejecenter - Architect: Arkitec and GPP Arkitekter

Bilhus for Bjarne Nielsen A/S - Architect: Krads

Social & Sundhedsskolen Herning, Expansion - Architect: Årstiderne Arkitekter

Last edited by mlm; November 23rd, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #82
Fender56

Likes (Received): 528

Nice to see you back Michael. Long time no hear from Herning....

mlm liked this post
Fender56 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM   #83
Rasmus

Likes (Received): 175

Now that's what I call an update. Nice job.

mlm liked this post
Rasmus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:07 PM   #84
Xed

Likes (Received): 1005

Great update, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm View Post
DNV Gødstrup - Architect: CURA VITA

It's impossible to get a good overview of this huge construction site from the ground. Right now many machines are working, but it's all still just ground work. I'm sure we'll see a lot of aerial photos during the construction:
There is a chance, that we will se lots of photo updates from the construction: http://aoh.dk/artikel/storsygehus-set-fra-luften
Xed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:14 PM   #85
mlm
Member #109

Indeed, saw that too. I'm also sure there'll be plenty of updates on the official hospital website: DNV Gødstrup - Luftfoto
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #86
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Likes (Received): 9118

Awesome update

Concerning the Jobcenter, Godsbanevej, why did they reduce the number of floors?...nimbies?

Aarhus - the second largest city in Denmark

Aarhus...my Aarhus
aarhusforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #87
mlm
Member #109

Thanks

No the reason for the reduction was that the developer didn't think he could fill that many office floors at the moment. Localplan was already approved and the building had to be 8-10 floors, but now he's been allowed to build only 5. He actually asked the municipality to be allowed to build youth appartments in the upper floors, but they didn't want that.
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #88
mlm
Member #109

Yesterday Hernings new Deer Park "Løvbakke Dyrehave" was opened. It covers a 54 HA area in the Løvbakkeskoven just north of Herning. Yesterday the 35 deers were released, 25 of them used to "live" in a former Deer Garden in Silkeborg, which was in the way of the new motorway. Silkeborg couldn't find a new location for it and now we got it. A great addition to Herning if you ask me.

The local TV Midtvest had a report about the opening yesterday, should anyone be interested: Ny Dyrehave ved Herning

And a map of the area:

Old May 11th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #89
SA_50

Likes (Received): 895

Youth Housing af Nørregade, Herning

[IMG]http://i58.************/2zj9xxe.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i61.************/4ghiko.png[/IMG]
Source: Årstiderne Arkitekter

mlm, Fender56, seffren liked this post
SA_50 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #90
mlm
Member #109

It's been almost a year since my last major update, it's time for another.

Things are really starting to heat up again. Several projects are just completed, even more are under construction and also a handfull or two to start very soon.

Lets start in the most central part with the new library:

Herning Bibliotek

The library has been moved from outer Herning to a very central location right in the heart of town. A ~100 million DKK renovation of an old concrete building has made this possbile. The library was opned in late August. The architects are GPP Arkitekter local and Kr. H. Nielsen.

First photo show the old building, after that a bunch from today.

And now some youth hosung projects:

Ungdomsboliger Kousgaards Plads

Close to the new library and just next to DGI Huset, Boligselskabet Fruehøjgaard is building 72 new youth apartments. Construction was started on september 9th and the architect is Årtiderne. Currently they're digging the hole for the parking garage. It will be connected to the 3 storey DGI Huset parking garage by a tunnel:

How the completed building will look:

Both © Årstiderne Arkitekter

Ungdomsboliger Nørregade

Boligselskabet Fruehøjgaard is building another 98 youth apartments in Nørregade, around 100 meters from the above project (also see last post in this thread from SA_50). Because the buildings are so close it will share some facilities with the above project. This was originally apartments for the elderly but many of them are now moved to the brand new "Fuglsang Sø Center". Again, Årstiderne is the architect, re-construction was started around new year:

If we turn the head some 90 degress to the left we'll see this ugly building on the other side of the street:

Ungdomsboliger Nørregade 44

Currently it houses "Jobcenter Herning" but it will soon be moved to another new building. A private investor wants to convert the building into 32 new youth apartments. The
architect sketch is by Arkitema:

© Arkitema Architects

Moving some 200 meters to the west we find:

Nis Petersens Gaard

This is the site of Hernings old firestation which was demolished around 10 years ago. It is located just acros the steet from Herning Rådhus and almost next to Herning Kirke. This new building will contain 36 youth apartments (left side), 26 regular apartments and offices for Fællesbo. Construction was started a little more than a year ago and the apartments are supposed to be ready for move in in the beginning of 2015, most of then are already sold. Architect is again Årstiderne.

Close to it (and close to the current hospital) we find this little new building:

Livsrum - Kræftrådgivningscenter

As written in the last update, "Livsrum" are 7 new cancer counseling centres being built around the country by Kræftens Bekæmpelse and Realdania. This one has now been completed. The architect is Claus Pryds:

Still in central Herning but now a little futher west:

Møllegrunden

This is a pre-crisis project which I actually though was dead. It poppoed up again around a year ago. It will be realized in several stages, most like over a some time, since it's not a major developer.

First stage will consist of a 3 storey building with 9 apartments. 2 are sold at the moment, construction will start when 3 is sold. One of the last stages should include a building of 11 floors. Architect is....Årstiderne.

And the rendering, I quite like this one:

Two last © Årstiderne

Back close to the pedestrian street we find this in Jyllandsgade:

Landts Hus

Landts Hus is a new 5 storey building with 25 apartments. Demolishion of the old buildings were started about a week ago and now construction will start. Currently 10 of the apartments have been sold and a few reserved. The architect is Bekmand.

Two last © Bekmand

In the last years there has been a lot of talk about shops leaving the pedestiran area, many of them moving to the very succesfull area around Herning Centret / Bilka etc. There are still empty shop in the pedestrian street but things are getting a little brighter agian with several new shops opening lately. Last new one is this:

Bang & Olufsen

Also the new Bang & Olufsen flagship store is a nice addition to central Herning. It is located in one end of the central square and the architect here is local Arkitec:

That was 10 projects in the heart of Herning, now we move a little to the south at the big new residential area at the edge of "Knudmosen" (old industrial area). I've shown construction from this area many times before, now again we have a few new project:

Thriges Terrasser

Another new project, construction was officially started a few weeks ago. Not much to see yet though. We're looking at 2 building, each 3 floors and 9 apartments. The architect is once again Årstiderne and they are supposed to be completed in around a year:

How they will look:

Both © Årstiderne Arkitekter

These buildings will complete the main street down the area, Thrigesvej. They are going up behind the red Fakta building to the left:

If we look to the right on the above photo we see some other new buildings:

Sabroesvej / Grøndahlsvej

Also mentioned in last years update, but now more is build.The two white 6 storey buildings have been completed and the 5 storey brick building in front is also well under way. It will include 25 rental apartments.

They also just started construction of another of the white concrete buildings, this one with only 5 floors though. These building have just 1 apartment pr floor:

There will also be more of the 5 and 4 storey brick buildings in between, these white ones:

© Årstiderne Arkitekter

The developer from all the above buildings, Bo Godt - Midtjylland, recently also asked the municipality to build two 14 storey buildings just on the other side of the steet:

Højhuse Grøndahlsvej

On the southern side of the street from all these new buildings, at the edge of Knudmosen, the current localplan allows for two 11 storey and five 9 storey buildings (currently only one building of 11 floors is build). The above developer owns land for two of the 9 storey buildings but wants to build higher. The municipality has now agreed to make a new localplan allowing for more variation in the height.

It will most likely take some time before we see actual construction here though. Some early renderings, the developer wants 2 x 36 apartments in the towers. Probably also still early renderings:

All 3 © Arkitec

Moving back towards central Herning and just next to the train station, this one is soon completed. It will contrain job related offices of the municipality. Årstiderne is once again the architect:

Moving futher out from central Herning we find another new project:

Udvidelse af Herning Svømmehal

The old Herning Svømmehal from 1970 is getting a major expansion with a new 50 meter pool and some smaller practice pools. At the same time, the old 50 meter outdoor pool will be renovated and reduced to 25 meters. This will make it one of the largest swimming facilities in the country. The price is just below 70 million and the architect is Bayarch, Ringkøbing. Construction is about to start within a few weeks:

The next project are all school projects:

Herning HF og VUC

Construction was recently started for the 3000 sqm expansion of Herning HF og VUC. The architect is local Arkitec. It was impossible to get any good shots so you'll just get the render:

© Arkitec

Herning Gymnasium expansion

Next project was also shown in last update but has since been completed. The 6000 sqm project was opened september 2014 and the architect here is CUBO:

Erhvervsakademi MidtVest

Another school expansion (close to the above gymnasium), these 1.265 has the same architect as most of the other projects, Årstiderne. Again I don't have any photos, have borrowed this from the architect:

© Årstiderne Arkitekter

Herningsholm Erhvervsskole

C.F. Møller is the architect behind this new school expansion. The new building will be 4700 sqm and is supposed to be completed in 2016. It will be located just next to Herningsholm Gymnasium which was completed just a few years ago. I'm not sure if construction has actually started yet:

Both © C.F. Møller

Final new school for now:

Snejbjerg Ny Skole

This new 14.000 sqm school was also shown last year but is now close to completion. I belive it will be ready next summer. Architect is Kjaer & Richter:

© Kjaer & Richter

Finally we have

DNV Gødstrup

A lot of activity is starting to show a the new hospital site. Lately there has been some stories about money problems, I guess it's the same as all the other new hospitals though. No surprise there.

The site is really too big to get a good overview from the ground, here a few shots though. Not too long until we're over ground:

And finally the rendering as we know it:

© Cura Vita

Besides these project, also the large road expansion to Gødstrup, Vesterholmvejs forlængelse, has been completed. It was opned about a month ago. I don't have a new photos but here's one from the municipality from this summer:

© Herning Kommune.

There's also a handfull of raw-house project going on, a few other apartment projects in outer Herning and of course several normal housing sites throughout town. Also, a few of the project form last update has been completed and not shown again, since it started to rain while I was out.

Guess that's it for now.

Last edited by mlm; October 27th, 2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old October 27th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #91
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Likes (Received): 9118

Awesome update, Michael...Herning is booming with projects

Aarhus - the second largest city in Denmark

Aarhus...my Aarhus

mlm liked this post
aarhusforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #92
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3599

Can we rename Herning to Årstiderne showroom city

Just kidding, awesome updates.

mlm liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:20 PM   #93
bongo-anders

Finally something is happening at that hideous station square.

http://www.building-supply.dk/articl...g#.VUfEY_ntmko
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:33 PM   #94
mlm
Member #109

Indeed, it must be among the ugliest places in the country at the moment.

I just hope they'll also do something about the bud ugly facade of the "banegårdscenter", my eyes hurt when I look at it. As far as I know it has several owners which can't agere on whos going to pay.
Old February 13th, 2016, 03:55 PM   #95
mlm
Member #109

Despite my complete lack of updates, there's still some things going on here in Herning. Here one shot from the western outskirts of town, where both hospital and motorway construction are very visible in the landscape:

Last edited by mlm; February 13th, 2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old February 13th, 2016, 04:13 PM   #96
Fender56

Likes (Received): 528

Hi Mikael

Long time no hear. Please come back more often, we need regular info from Herning.

mlm, Xed liked this post
Fender56 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:08 PM   #97
bongo-anders

Yeah, we can do with monthly updates if that suits you.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 03:24 PM   #98
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2143

A plan for 100,000 sqm at the old hospital site. This looks pretty good:

http://ejendomswatch.dk/Ejendomsnyt/article8792045.ece

Xed liked this post
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 05:59 PM   #99
mlm
Member #109

Yes I also think it looks pretty interesting, although the timeframe is very long.

And as always here, it will be a big task finding other investors than the usual locals such as KPC Byg and C.C. Contractor.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 06:38 PM   #100
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2143

A new police school perhaps? A complete joke of course if government's aim really was to help Udkantsdanmark (there are plenty of existing buildings in more challenged places that has gotten less of a helping hand from the state) but if it is to help their friends...
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote