daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM   #101
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,997
Likes (Received): 5944

Great shots man.

Everything about Moscow is fasinating, Massive buildings, unique architecture, super beautiful women, Super military hardwares, new super modern skyscrapers, massive monuments and statues, really nice gardens, very cold in the winter,(the mother of all winters). Really fasinating history, everything looks very strong. Super subway system. Super patriotic people. Super red Square.

Its impossible to be bored in Moscow. unless that person is sick. even blinds can feel the place's uniqueness.

I visited Moscow in 2000. i would to visit again in my life time.

Hallos from DR Congo, Lumumbaland.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:01 PM   #102
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,997
Likes (Received): 5944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukrapp View Post
How can everything be fascinating . . . ?
Forgive my bad English.(Not very good at English).

Let me put it this way. Everything is extremely Amazing!
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:47 PM   #103
ruslan33
Registered User
 
ruslan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,829
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukrapp View Post
How can everything be fascinating . . . ?
Well, Moscow is like a magnet.
ruslan33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:54 PM   #104
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Yeah, but it's just centre of Moscow....

Look at other districts of Moscow(suburbs and districts near edge of Moscow), they have many weak points and lacks, problems with works of Public Utilities in some districts of Moscow)
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #105
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by levaniX View Post
Yeah, but it's just centre of Moscow....

Look at other districts of Moscow(suburbs and districts near edge of Moscow), they have many weak points and lacks, problems with works of Public Utilities in some districts of Moscow)
These Mocow suburbs and districts are green zones and good place for a quiet leisure.
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #106
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by levaniX View Post
Ohhh, I get it, They getting ready to 65th Anniversary of the Victory on the Great Domestic War(aka WWII)
Soviet Union is still exist?!?!?!?
Soviet Union is not exist, but Soviet peoples (Russians, Ukranians, Belorussians, etc.) won WWII.
And Great Patriotic War is not aka WWII, it was war between Soviet and Germans at Eastern Front (since June 22, 1941 to May 9, 1945). I know this fact since my school years.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #107
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by levaniX View Post
Entrance to underground transition, and typical Russian Contrast(homeless even in centre of Moscow?!?!)
What, Russian police should ban the homeless to going in the center? The ghettos only in America!
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #108
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by levaniX View Post
Policeman(Uniform really looks like Soviet uniform):
Great observation! And uniform of doctors really looks like Soviet uniform. And uniform of soldiers really looks like Soviet uniform. And uniform of flyers really looks like Soviet uniform. The Soviet Empire come back!

Truly said, I don't have any desire to comment other posts.
__________________

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by AlekseyVT; May 4th, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #109
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Soviet Union is not exist, but Soviet peoples (Russians, Ukranians, Belorussians, etc.) won WWII.
And Great Patriotic War is not aka WWII, it was war between Soviet and Germans at Eastern Front (since June 22, 1941 to May 9, 1945). I know this fact since my school years.
It was a joke, you know.....
So a lot of soviet flags everywhere(i mean not everywhere, but in very famous places)
Title "Great Patriotic War"hears weird for many people from Western Europe, US, the UK.[it hears like "великая народная/местная", not "Великая Отечественная"] They call it "Eastern Front of WWII"\
And my Russian friend(He lives in the UK) said that I have to call it exactly WWII.

I live in Moscow all my life, . (from my childhood)
But I've never seen that Soviet Flags are hanged in most places.
It seems that Russia want to come back to Soviet Times,to Most powerful and successful time for Russia-50s-70s.

But "exactly Stalin cause this war. If Stalin could know real enemies in 1933(when in Germany were elections, he thought that exactly Nazi will be their Ally), war couldn't be occurred."
["Expert"Magazine, by Sergey Lukyanenko]
And Russian intelligence worked too poor in 1939-1941, and if we assuming that Finnish-Russian War in 1939. When the USSR shamefully lost this war.
But The God helped us to win that War.
And Great Russian Nation was unbreakable in this war.
But I don't argue that WWII was mostly won by the USSR.

And why all these Military Parades always happening[I will ask u in Russian: Чтобы показать, извините за выражение, свои понты, своё оружие?] The Time of Parades is gone, only North Korea takes place their parades every year
I'm Pacifist guy, I don't like all these weapons and tanks, and I think that parades are just
And they have to take place once in 5 years.(like now)

Our history textbooks now contains propaganda(history is very dangerous thing, like a TV and "Life" Papers), Fortunately, my history teacher filter all these untruth.
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #110
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
These Mocow suburbs and districts are green zones and good place for a quiet leisure.
Yeah, Butovo, Chertanovo, Mitino and Kapiotnya are green zones and good place for a quet leisure.
(U didn't assumed other industrial districts, You had to correct ur post, and mention about exact locations, such as "Kolomenskoye" Deserve, "Bytsevsky Park", Kuzminki, Ostankino(i mean mansions of 18-19 centuries and park), "Vorobievy Hills" Park etc(1-3 ones)
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram

Last edited by levaniX; May 4th, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #111
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by levaniX View Post
Yeah, Butovo, Chertanovo, Mitino and Kapiotnya are green zones and good place for a quet leisure.
Kapotnya - agree, industrial zone:
Chertanovo - not industrial zone, but zones with "grey" living massives.
Mitino - some better than Chertanovo, with many modern living buildings.
Butovo - Northern Butovo have many modern homes and good egological zone. However, Southern Butovo (and especially Militseiskiy) is far from it.
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #112
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by levaniX View Post
It was a joke, you know.....
So a lot of soviet flags everywhere(i mean not everywhere, but in very famous places)
Title "Great Patriotic War"hears weird for many people from Western Europe, US, the UK.[it hears like "великая народная/местная", not "Великая Отечественная"] They call it "Eastern Front of WWII"\
And my Russian friend(He lives in the UK) said that I have to call it exactly WWII.

I live in Moscow all my life, . (from my childhood)
But I've never seen that Soviet Flags are hanged in most places.
It seems that Russia want to come back to Soviet Times,to Most powerful and successful time for Russia-50s-70s.

But "exactly Stalin cause this war. If Stalin could know real enemies in 1933(when in Germany were elections, he thought that exactly Nazi will be their Ally), war couldn't be occurred."
["Expert"Magazine, by Sergey Lukyanenko]
And Russian intelligence worked too poor in 1939-1941, and if we assuming that Finnish-Russian War in 1939. When the USSR shamefully lost this war.
But The God helped us to win that War.
And Great Russian Nation was unbreakable in this war.
But I don't argue that WWII was mostly won by the USSR.

And why all these Military Parades always happening[I will ask u in Russian: Чтобы показать, извините за выражение, свои понты, своё оружие?] The Time of Parades is gone, only North Korea takes place their parades every year
I'm Pacifist guy, I don't like all these weapons and tanks, and I think that parades are just
And they have to take place once in 5 years.(like now)

Our history textbooks now contains propaganda(history is very dangerous thing, like a TV and "Life" Papers), Fortunately, my history teacher filter all these untruth.
1) I'm not suprised that Soviet flag in very famous places. Because there is preparations to the Victory Day. In 1940s it was flag of my state. There was no Russian flags in these times.
2) Western peoples can named Great Patriotic War as they want. It's fact, that WWII and Great Patriotic War are officially two different terms. There is no false about it in the Russian textbooks. If somebody don't know difference between it, that it's his personal problems.
3) I was born in Soviet Union. I can't forced himself to hate my country (in present our in past), as Western citizens doing.
4) USSR won the war against Finland, because Soviets occupied all these territories, which they want. However, he paid a huge price for this victory.
5) Undoubtely, Hitler was cause of this war. It was Nazi ideology. Stalin was never consider the Hitler as his friend before 1939. USSR fought against fascist in the Spanish Civil War. In 1938 Hitler and Mussolini was signed Munich pact with heads of UK and France. In August 1939 Stalin meet with English and French diplomats and tried to made military alliance. After refusal, he signed pact with Germany. All it are real facts.
6) Why Western allies will take part in this parade? Are they also have agressive plans?
7) Are you sure that your version of history is more truly?
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #113
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
1) I'm not suprised that Soviet flag in very famous places. Because there is preparations to the Victory Day. In 1940s it was flag of my state. There was no Russian flags in these times.
2) Western peoples can named Great Patriotic War as they want. It's fact, that WWII and Great Patriotic War are officially two different terms. There is no false about it in the Russian textbooks. If somebody don't know difference between it, that it's his personal problems.
3) I was born in Soviet Union. I can't forced himself to hate my country (in present our in past), as Western citizens doing.
4) USSR won the war against Finland, because Soviets occupied all these territories, which they want. However, he paid a huge price for this victory.
5) Undoubtely, Hitler was cause of this war. It was Nazi ideology. Stalin was never consider the Hitler as his friend before 1939. USSR fought against fascist in the Spanish Civil War. In 1938 Hitler and Mussolini was signed Munich pact with heads of UK and France. In August 1939 Stalin meet with English and French diplomats and tried to made military alliance. After refusal, he signed pact with Germany. All it are real facts.
6) Why Western allies will take part in this parade? Are they also have agressive plans?
7) Are you sure that your version of history is more truly?
1.Ok.
2. No doubt, On Russian it's correct to say "Великая Отечественная Война"
3. They love us actually. I've been on one american political forum, they said that "Your country has the great history. You've got to proud it" And they praised RUssia. You gotta be more careful.
But many people have different opinions.
4. Yeah, That war causes many disputes and arguments.
5. So You;re right about it though. Stalin,sure, played very important role to win this war. Many World Leaders in 40s( Churchill, Roosevelt)course, praise him for his goals and ideas and and called him one of the greatest leaders in the history.
Sure, He causes the peace in the world.
But oh, a lot of doubt in my mind
It's easy to add a lot of garbage into person's mind if this person don't know history.
(Unfortunately, most of population don't know history, it's easy to fill in them couple of fake ideas into their minds, and then they will become a zombies)
6. I don't know, they probably afraid of Russia.
If they will not play Russian Game,
WWIII may begin.
But actually, I don't know. They probably follow the example of Churcill.
Or they spent a lot of money,,,,,
7. Once again, history is dangerous thing, textbooks of History may contain untruth, it's easy to Fabricate the history.
Wikipedia lies.
Everybody lies(c)
Do you read independent sources of news?
(Kommersant(ъ), Echo Of Moscow(there are different opinions), Novaya Gazeta, Expert, Russian Newsweek etc)
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram

Last edited by levaniX; May 4th, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #114
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Kapotnya - agree, industrial zone:
Chertanovo - not industrial zone, but zones with "grey" living massives.
Mitino - some better than Chertanovo, with many modern living buildings.
Butovo - Northern Butovo have many modern homes and good egological zone. However, Southern Butovo (and especially Militseiskiy) is far from it.
Course, I agreed....
And I don't get it: Why stereotype about South Butovo is still exist?
Who created this stereotype?
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #115
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Let's stop offtop here.

So this is not place for disputes and arguments.....
Urban Showcase is used to be only Urban Showcase.
There's place only for little dispute, and that's it!
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #116
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Here's my little update.
(Photo session due to upcoming holidays, May 9th, Victory Day(65th Anniversary of Victory in WWII)
Oh, a lot of securities here(OMON and Police, uniform once again, they wear Soviet Uniform which was little renovated)

Rude and Sad Suvorov Soldier with Energetic Drinks(it's kinda like "Brutal Russian Reality) I somehow love it, like American Journalists probably:

So you see the Gates of the Victory(actually these gates haven't a title, I called them on this way):

A lot of people are resting on the hill:

Police are protecting the road(You can't notice here that there's square-shaped location of policemen):

Typical view to the Main Momument and concert due to[reason which I mentioned above]:

Dishes of vans which belong to TV channels(such as TV Center and Russia Toda)), which are give live broadcasts from here:

Who controls all the world? Sure, Vision Patrol. Who belongs all channels in Russia? Indeed, Vision Patrol^

No, You're wrong. It's illusion of your eyes....I just stood on certain corner to make effect that Red Flag is hanged on here, but they're two different constructions- Museum and Imitation of the Reichstag's Roof with red flag on here and that's it!:


Soildiers and their girlfriends:

Nuns^

Development Sign of New Armenian Church:

Ohhhh, I went to the break grounding of the new momument that dedicated to Georgian Soldiers which dead on WWII(but it's not true reason to build it) (instead exploded one near Kutaisi), and there were a lot of oligarchs and members of Russian Parliament, I saw Georgian Veterans of WWII and talked with them, they have no medals on their suit(I love simplicity) They told me all truth about everything about corrupt Russan Politics :

Road which lined of cars:

Police , Police, a crowd of Police:

The Other Side of Victory Park:

The Future Site of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and unbundled aqua-park:


The Nature,it seems that Summer is beginning:
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by levaniX; May 8th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #117
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

I've uploaded all the pics, now u can comment.
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #118
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Here's my extended update!

Oh, So, I live near this Victory Park(all veterans of WWII gather exactly on VIctory Park)
And there are Too many people(and assume please this heat- +26C,) some thermometers showed +42С(OMG!), that crowd that consists of pseudo-patriots and retarded alcoholic soldiers Pisses me off )


People are resting:

Some people are sitting on cafes:

Police, OMON etc....in my Yard....They probably will come to your house
they were even on Kutusov Ave, "controlled" the traffic and "prevented" the attacks of retarded guys



That pic symbolizes the real power of Russia:

Memorial Mosque:
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by levaniX; May 9th, 2010 at 06:24 PM.
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #119
Gamma-Hamster
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,891
Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by levaniX View Post
Entrance to underground transition, and typical Russian Contrast(homeless even in centre of Moscow?!?!)
Of course he is in the center of Moscow, bums from all over former USSR com to Moscow to beg because it's more profitable in Moscow. Almost none of them are citizens of Moscow.

I think begging should be made a criminal offense so we could deal with this scum.
Gamma-Hamster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #120
levaniX
You're not a pretty horse
 
levaniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 8,507
Likes (Received): 8074

Foundation stone of momument that dedicated to Integrity of monuments of Soviet soldiers that fought in WWII for freedom of Europe and the USSR everywhere in Europe and former Soviet republics
Idea belonged to Putin
after Decision of Georgian Government to explode the momument that dedicated to the victory of the USSR in WWII in Kutaisi
__________________
All photo threads

Instagram

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by levaniX; May 11th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
levaniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium