daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway

Norway » Oslo | Trondheim

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #441
essenze

Likes (Received): 21

This conversion from silos to apartment buildings is a funny thing. Let's face it, they are big and ugly as hell, even with some windows on it! If someone proposed to build something like that from the start it would be slashed down! The only reason why it can be done, is because the silo is already there. But why then, can they not instead demolish the silo and build something of the similar height/volume which would look really good? I am sure there are not much cost savings (if any) in such a conversion job rather then a new construction.

I have a suspicion that the "byantikvar" would protest for such a silo demolition, but then again: if it was not already there, he would most certainly protest the construction of it! Strange phenomena...

".. Well, it's too late tonight
to drag the past out into the light.."

Last edited by essenze; July 7th, 2011 at 08:36 PM.
essenze no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 7th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #442
Galro

Likes (Received): 3298

I honestly don't mind the silo I showed from Kuba in Oslo. It's quite cool and are part of the things that give the industrial character to Akerselva. I also think the proposal from Sadnes can look nice if they keep it as it is currently presented. Most look like shit though, and the other converted silo here in Oslo (at Sinsen) don't work at all.
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #443
DemolitionDave

Likes (Received): 58

They turned silos into condos here in Baltimore.

http://www.silopoint.com/home.html
DemolitionDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #444
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galro View Post
the other converted silo here in Oslo (at Sinsen) don't work at all.
Oh no didn't :P Needless to say. You are wrong.
Old July 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #445
Galro

You live there, don't you? I don't think the square glass facade they added works well with the roundish silo shape. It looks too much like an afterthought for me.
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #446
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 170

Contrasts are good.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM   #447
Nguen77

Likes (Received): 99

2020park webcam

2020park webcam:

Link: http://www.2020park.no/
Nguen77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM   #448
Nguen77

Likes (Received): 99

Kanalsletta

K2 - Kanalsletta Forus

Illustration: http://k2-stavanger.no/prosjekter/kanalsletta/
Nguen77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM   #449
essenze

Likes (Received): 21

Quote from their web page: "Facts: High quality architecture". Hmm well, i guess that's debatable..

".. Well, it's too late tonight
to drag the past out into the light.."
essenze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #450
Urbanisten

Likes (Received): 12

Straen brygge

I saw some sketches of the plans for Straen Brygge (the area between Sandnes Indre havn & Østraadt, where Montér lies) in Stavanger Aftenblad yesterday. It shows four 12-floors facing the fjord, built on a exstension of the existing harbour, with a new canal deviding them from todays waterfront. The project's size is 35 000 sqm.

Stavanger Aftenblad 03.08: Lokal & Kultur (2): page 7.
Urbanisten no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM   #451
Waluigi
Gl 581 g

Likes (Received): 82

E39 Eiganes Tunnel

The project involves a new tunnel from the E39 highway (Madlaveien and/or Schancheholen) to the northern end of Byhaugtunnelen, and a new road from Byhaugtunnelen and Eiganes tunnel to Smiene.

The project is the first phase of RYFAST.

All photos from http://www.vegvesen.no/Vegprosjekter/e39eiganestunnelen

Last edited by Waluigi; August 21st, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Waluigi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM   #452
muster

Likes (Received): 105

Stavanger is really a city that should have grown in hight. Sad to see all the vasted farmland. We don't have alot of that in Norway.
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM   #453
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 296

Back on the topic-stuff.

Øglændmagasinet
A not particulary nice buildign in downtown Sandnes is getting an upgrade to it's original design, expanded with apartments/rowhouses on top. Looks very nice, an attractive way of living!

Now:

After upgrade with 25 new apartments:

Hopepage: www.oglend-magasinet.no

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM   #454
GlennHGSD

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by muster View Post
Stavanger is really a city that should have grown in hight. Sad to see all the vasted farmland. We don't have alot of that in Norway.
Stavanger is also incredibly American in planning, sadly...
GlennHGSD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 09:12 PM   #455
City of Rain
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

From the looks of it, it's even worse than Bergen..
City of Rain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:28 PM   #456
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 1004

Lervig Brygge

Lervig Brygge ligger på en halvøy mellom Lervig og Breivig. Det er utformet en helhetlig disposisjonsplan for hele området og nå er salget igang for
de to første byggetrinnene; Sjøkvartalet og Hageby. I Sjøkvartalet kommer leiligheter og i Hageby kommer både rekkehus og leiligheter. Noen av
rekkehusene har også utleiemulighet og i begge prosjektene er noen leiligheter planlagt spesielt for unge boligkjøpere.

Hageby: Sentralt i området ligger en park med hagebybebyggelse i 3 etg. Her ligger hovedvekten av famileboligene. Bebyggelsen er
utformet som tun henvendt parkrommet. Plangrepet åpner for at hvert tun kan utformes av forskjellige arkitekter og gjennom det få variasjon og
særpreg. Det første byggetrinnet, som nå er i salg, er tegnet av arkitektkontoret CODE.

Sjøkvartalet: I sørvest ligger Sjøkvartalet, en skulpturell bygning som rommer barnehagen og utsikts- og terrasseleiligheter. Barnehagens
lekeareal og det store friområdet danner overgang til Breivig. Sjøkvartalet er tegnet av Arkitektkontoret KAP.

Øya: Ytterst er området formet som en liten øy med 4 slanke høyhus omkranset av rike lekeområder og promenade. Lervig Brygge as
arrangerte våren 2008 en arkitektkonkurranse for dette delområdet der noen av Norges fremste arkitektkontor var invitert til å delta: Spacegroup,
LundHagem/StudioOslo, Brandsberg Dahls Arkitektkontor/Julien de Smedt Architects og SEarkitekter/William Eder. Målsetting med konkurransen var
å få belyst ulike innovative utforminger av bebyggelse og landskap med sikte på å frem en bebyggelse med interessante arkitektoniske kvaliteter.
De 4 høyhusene vil danne et betydelig landemerke, som fordrer at de har spesielle kvaliteter. LundHagem/StudioOslo vant konkurransen med et
forslag om å bygge fire tårn, 12, 14, 16 og 18 etasjer høye.

Beskrivelse av vinnerforslaget på Engelsk (fra LungHagem.no)
The four tower blocks are surrounded by a horizontal surface on all sides. The surface forms the promenade along the pier where the tower
blocks are placed and forms a connection to the neighbouring sites to the south and the small craft harbour to the northwest. Different spaces
arise along the promenade, and we have paid special attention to terracing the promenade surface towards the water. A terrace landscape
inspired by rice fi elds and cultivating in terraces springs up in the terrain from the inner edge of the promenade. The terraces are used as
benches and they are shaped in a way that reflects the lines of the tower blocks. The meeting between the promenade and the inner spaces
between the tower blocks change from the promenade surface working its way into the room and that the landscape of the room spreads out
over the promenade.

When preparing the four tower blocks, we have emphasised:
• that the development will stand out as a clearly defi ned landmark – however without overshadowing the remaining buildings in scale and
shape
• that the style is characterized by simplicity and variety where slimness, high quality materials and colours are important themes
• that the outdoor area between the building and promenade is an integrated and active part of the tower block architecture
• that the builders wish for fi nancially and technically viable solutions is ensured
• that the energy aspect is ensured by for example utilizing the sun conditions and integrating solutions for passive energy
• that the layout and facade design ensure good views and the feeling of spacious apartments despite the limited areas

Lagunen: Lervigen er formet som en lagune omkranset av sjenerøse friområder og sjøpromenader. En del av bebyggelsen ligger på små
holmer ute i sjøen. Denne bebyggelsen vil bli nærmere utformet ifm neste bebyggelsesplan.

I første delplan er det samlet mulig å bygge ca 450 boliger. Utbygger er svært bevisst de utfordringene som ligger i en så stor utbygging, spesielt
med hensyn til hvordan naboskapet oppleves i utbyggingsperioden. Det vil derfor bli lagt sterkt vekt på skikkelig skjerming og områder som ligger
lengst fram i utviklingen vil gis en midlertidig opparbeidelse - slik at de blir positive innslag i omgivelsene, og ikke brakkområder slik de er i dag. De
første byggetrinnene er også lagt mot Breivig, der hoveddelene av den nye store Breivigparken skal være ferdigstilt samtidig med at de første
beboerne flytter inn.

Den store variasjonen i boligtyper, med en høy andel familieboliger, er en vinn-vinn situasjon, der barnefamilier får anledning til å bosette seg i
sentrum og Stavanger Øst får en ønsket demografisk variasjon.

LINKS | Lervig Brygge official website | ØST+

View the renderings in high resolution

Illustration by KAP

Illustration by KAP

Illustration by KAP

Illustration by KAP

Illustration by KAP

Illustrasjoner av 'Øya', Lund Hagem's vinnerforslag.

Illustration by Lund Hagem

Illustration by Lund Hagem
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM   #457
Galro

18 floors on a place no one have heard about before. That's quite good.

How does Riksantikvaren feel about project like this though? Will he complain?
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM   #458
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 1004

this project has been around for a long time, he didn't even complain back in 2004 when the masterplan came out with 100m tall buildings which has been reduced to much less spectacular residential buildings and blocks. Still Lervig Brygge (part of the Urban Sjøfront masterplan) is ending up quite nicely.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #459
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 58

Skagfondene får neppe bygge høyere
Old August 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #460
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 296

Well... 8 floors isn't exactly a disaster. And the highrises along the Breiavatn are far taller than this, without destroying the church. Also, just where the camera is placed on the render above, there is another 8-floorer, so this would mean more continuity.

About the design, that's something completely different, though. What are they thinking?!

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
stavanger