daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 8th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #21
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Likes (Received): 7

latest news

Tuesday, December 8, 2009
SAMSUAN WARY OF MYANMAR THREAT
By: WSL MSC Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) - ICT Committee

Defending champions Thailand have picked Myanmar as their main opponent which could prevent their hopes of making a clean sweep in the sepaktakraw event which begins today at the Lao ITECC Hall. Thailand grabbed all eight gold medals which was on offer when the SEA Games took place in Korat, Thailand two years ago. Head coach Samsuan Manustrong said that as well as they have prepared their squad, the other competing countries are also making improvements.

“The players have been training hard and they are in the right frame of mind to win the gold medals,” said Samsuan this morning. “We are a bit concerned with Myanmar as they have been making steady progress in the past year. We are not worried about the other countries.

“I am sure that Myanmar will give us a very good fight in a match which I think could go either way.”

In the meantime Myanmar team manager Kyaw Zin Moe, whose name means Famous Rain Flower, will be hoping that their meticulous preparation will bear fruit. In Korat, Myanmar picked up two silver medals through the Men’s Hoop and Women’s Hoop other than winning four bronze medals along the way.

Zin Moe added that the squad has been training together for the past 11 months after a tedious selection process which took the selectors all over the provinces. “We are targeting to win three gold medals this time round - an improvement from the two silvers and the four bronzes we picked up two years ago,” added Zin Moe.

“I believe that other than Thailand, the other countries which will give us a fight are Malaysia, Indonesia and Laos for the men’s team and then Vietnam and Laos for the women’s team.”

http://laoseagames2009.com/v1/newsx2009xdecx8b.aspx

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #22
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

NEWS

Tuesday, December 8, 2009
MYANMAR AIM FOR PODIUM FINISH IN WUSHU

The Myanmar Wushu Federation (MWF) are aiming to finish in the podium in the wushu event when it opens on Dec 13 at the Lao ITECC Hall. And towards making sure that they are within a shot of triumphing over the other countries in the two events of the Sanshou and Taolu, fourteen wushu exponents have been hard at work since the beginning of the year.

The seven men and seven women’s team are under the guidance of two coaches from the Beijing Sports Institute and where they had even gone to China for exposure prior to their departure to Laos. Last year, the Myanmar wushu squad took part in six international wushu competitions where they won 16 medals from five tournaments - including world and Asian-level championships. For the record, Aung Si Thu were the only winner for Myanmar at the last SEA Games in Korat after taking the gold in the men’s Changquan.

The biggest winners in wushu two years ago was Vietnam who won six gold medals out of 14 events.

Vu Thuy Linh and Malaysia’s Diana Bong were declared joint gold medallists in the women’s Nanquan.

http://laoseagames2009.com/v1/newsx2009xdecx8.aspx
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #23
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

the star online

Wednesday December 9, 2009

Malaysia defeat Cambodia ahead of do-or-die clash

MALAYSIA kept their semi-final hopes alive in the men’s football competition after slogging to beat Cambodia 4-0 in a Group A match at the Chao Anouvong Stadium in Vientiane yesterday.

The Malaysian team lived dangerously throughout the match before goals from Abdul Manaf Mamat (35th), Norsharul Idlan Talaha (78th), S. Kunalan (81st) and Safiq Rahim (86th, penalty) earned them all three points.

Goalkeeper Mohd Sharbinee Allawee also deserves praise for his heroics, stopping a couple of sure goals and a penalty in the 52nd minute.

It was a morale boosting win for the national Under-23 boys after their demoralising 1-3 defeat by Vietnam on Sunday.

National coach K. Rajagopal must have heaved a huge sigh of relief after the victory.

He must have feared the worst as he watched his players struggle to undo the gutsy Cambodians, who packed their defence.

The first chance for Malaysia came in the 14th minute when Norsharul picked up a through ball from Ahmad Muslim’s clearance but, in his haste, shot straight at Cambodian goalkeeper Samrith Seiha.

Cambodia, under coach Scott O’Donnel, gave the Malaysians a scare when striker Khim Borey shot wide from close range although he had only goalkeeper Mohd Sharbinee to beat in the 25th minute.

Then came the breakthrough that Malaysia craved for when Abdul Manaf latched onto a loose ball into the box before rounding Samrith to score the opening goal in the 35th minute.

But Malaysia nearly paid for their complacency when defender Ahmad Muslim conceded a penalty when he fell Kouch Sokumpheak in the box in the 52nd minute.

Kouch scored from the spot kick but referee Saleem Ali of Maldives disallowed the goal as a Cambodian player had encroached into the box before the kick was taken.

The referee ordered the spot kick to be retaken and, this time, Sharbinee guessed right to stop Kouch’s attempt.

Norsharul, who had earlier squandered at least three sitters, finally found the net with a stiff grounder in the 78th minute before Kunalan scored off a goalmouth melee in the 81st minute.

Kunalan then won a penalty when he was brought down inside the box in the 86th minute and Safiq stepped up to convert the spot kick.

Malaysia, who beat Timor Leste 11-0 in their opening game, are third in the standings with six points.

On Friday, Malaysia will wrap up their fixtures against defending champions Thailand in a direct fight for a place in the semi-finals.

Thailand and Vietnam lead the standings with seven points each. The Thais, who beat Timor Leste 9-0 yesterday, lead on better goal difference.

Vietnam are in the driver’s seat as they play Timor Leste in their last fixture on Friday.
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #24
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

the star online
Laotians snap up opening ceremony tickets

THE entire city of Vientiane is abuzz with excitement ahead of the 25th SEA Games opening ceremony at the National Stadium today.

It is the first time that Laos are hosting the biennial Games and the Vientiane folks are looking forward to being part of the extravagant opening ceremony lined up at the 20,000-capacity stadium.

Even a dress rehearsal for the opening held on Monday night attracted a bumper crowd, with thousands cramming into the stadium to catch a glimpse of the proceedings.

Reports in the Laos media also noted that steep ticket prices for the opening ceremony failed to deter the locals from snapping up the tickets put on sale.

Less than 1,000 unsold tickets were still left yesterday afternoon and the remaining tickets are expected to be snapped up this morning.

Tickets for the opening ceremony are priced at 200,000 kip (RM80), 300,000 kip (RM120), 400,000 kip (RM160) and 500,000 kip (RM200).

Thousands of school and university students will take part in the lavish and well-planned four-hour programme, which starts at 5pm local time (6pm in Malaysia).

Cultural performances of Laos and the other 10 participating countries – Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam – will be highlighted during the event.

Although 347 athletes will represent Malaysia in the Games, less than half will take part in the opening ceremony’s march-past. The bulk of the contingent has yet to arrive in Vientiane and a large number is expected to fly in tomorrow.

Diver Yeoh Ken Nee is the country’s flag-bearer for the opening ceremony.

Laotians snap up opening ceremony tickets

THE entire city of Vientiane is abuzz with excitement ahead of the 25th SEA Games opening ceremony at the National Stadium today.

It is the first time that Laos are hosting the biennial Games and the Vientiane folks are looking forward to being part of the extravagant opening ceremony lined up at the 20,000-capacity stadium.

Even a dress rehearsal for the opening held on Monday night attracted a bumper crowd, with thousands cramming into the stadium to catch a glimpse of the proceedings.

Reports in the Laos media also noted that steep ticket prices for the opening ceremony failed to deter the locals from snapping up the tickets put on sale.

Less than 1,000 unsold tickets were still left yesterday afternoon and the remaining tickets are expected to be snapped up this morning.

Tickets for the opening ceremony are priced at 200,000 kip (RM80), 300,000 kip (RM120), 400,000 kip (RM160) and 500,000 kip (RM200).

Thousands of school and university students will take part in the lavish and well-planned four-hour programme, which starts at 5pm local time (6pm in Malaysia).

Cultural performances of Laos and the other 10 participating countries – Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam – will be highlighted during the event.

Although 347 athletes will represent Malaysia in the Games, less than half will take part in the opening ceremony’s march-past. The bulk of the contingent has yet to arrive in Vientiane and a large number is expected to fly in tomorrow.

Diver Yeoh Ken Nee is the country’s flag-bearer for the opening ceremony.
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #25
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

nst online
Sea Games: Malaysia keep s-final hopes alive

2009/12/09

TEMPERS were kept in check as Malaysia kept their Sea Games football semi-final hopes alive albeit with an uninspiring 4-0 win over Cambodia at the Chou Anouving Stadium in Vientiane yesterday.

The national Under-23 squad owed the Group A victory to goalkeeper Sharbinee Allawee Ramli who saved a penalty before producing a stunning save from a free kick in the second half with Malaysia leading 1-0.

Sharbinee was fielded because No 1 Farizal Marlias was handed a one-match ban by the Asian Football Confederation for his part in the trouble that followed Malaysia's 3-1 defeat to Vietnam on Sunday.

The three points, which kept Malaysia a point behind Thailand and Vietnam after three games, were only secured after Malaysia scored three times in the final minutes as Cambodia began to tire and lose their shape.

"The penalty save was the turning point, although from where I was standing it was not a penalty. The boys played well and kept their composure despite what happened against Vietnam so we live to fight another day," said coach K. Rajagobal.

Malaysia produced a dour display in the first half-hour despite going close three times but it was Cambodia who were the more enterprising side.

Nippy winger So Seila gave the Malaysian defence a few scares with his darting runs on the right while striker Khim Borey should have scored for Cambodia in the 25th minute but shot across the face of goal after skipping past the Malaysian defence.

S. Kunanlan had an effort blocked on the line while Norshahrul Idlan Talaha fired tamely at goalkeeper Samrith Seiha after he outpaced the Cambodian defenders before the goal, which settled Malaysian nerves, finally arrived in the 35th minute.

It had an element of luck in it when Norshahrul's pass was deflected into the penalty area by a Cambodian defender, allowing Abdul Manaf Mamat to round Samrith before slotting home.

But for the second match in a row, Malaysia conceded a penalty, this time in the 52nd minute when Muslim Ahmad brought down Kouch Sokhumpheak in the box.

Kouch picked himself up to score past Sharbinee but referee Saleem Ali of Maldives ordered a retake which Sharbinee saved easily.

Sharbinee was called into action again in the 64th minute when he tipped over one-handed a free kick from just outside the box by Tieng Tiny.

The pressure eased in the 77th minute when S. Kunanlan pulled the ball back from the byline for Norshahrul Idlan Talaha to score just a minute after Safiq Rahim fired a point blank shot at Samrith.

Samrith again denied Safiq five minutes later only for Kunanlan to bundle the rebound home off the post before Safiq scored a penalty in the 86th minute when Kunanlan was brought down in the box.

There was time for Sharbinee to produce another outstanding save in injury time to stake a claim ahead of Farizal for a starting spot against Thailand on Friday.
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:06 AM   #26
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

nst online

Sea Games: A platform for the future

2009/12/09

ALL said and done, the 25th Sea Games in Laos which start officially today, is still by far a medal run as far as the Malaysian contingent are concerned.

Medals, like it or not, remain a priority at this regional Games, albeit with a reduced number of sports and the absence of Olympic sports such as track cycling, gymnastics, hockey, sailing and equestrian, which would have doubled the country's 35 gold medal target.

If it was about development, then the ratio of just 40 from under the Pelapis programme out of the 348 Malaysian athletes in the contingent doesn't exactly portray an emphasis on the Sea Games being the platform by which the country wishes to expose its new talents.

Lee Chong Wei's withdrawal from the badminton competition on Monday was seen by most people as due to the fact that the World No 1 stood only to make RM5,000 from the incentive scheme rather than this not being the level he should be expected to shine in.

In reality, Chong Wei, who would have been one of the few global stars on parade in Laos, pulled out due to a thigh injury.

That was strange considering the fact that fewer people cared about the sepak takraw squad meeting their targeted gold medal in a sport in which the Sea Games could be considered a level as high as the World Championships.

Malaysia's remarkable second overall medal tally with 68 gold, 52 silver and 96 bronze medals in the Korat Sea Games two years ago was the benchmark of performances outside of the country.

But the reduced number of sports this time around means less for everybody, but nonetheless aquatics and athletics are expected to be the biggest contributors of medals.

Of the troubled martial arts, the national taekwondo squad make a return, hoping to erase the memories of the enormous effects, politicking has had on the sport, while karate will hope a good showing here steers the sport away from what seems like a similar proposition to taekwondo that surfaced recently.

Bryan Nickson Lomas could well get Malaysia's gold medal count off the ground tomorrow, when the Olympian takes the 10m platform as the overwhelming favourite for gold.

If that fails, shooter Hasli Izwan Amir Hasan could well deliver in the 25m rapid fire event at the National Sports Complex shooting range here in Vientiane.

But the duo are both part of the elite programme, and supposed to be aiming for things bigger than competition against their Southeast Asian counterparts.

Thus, this being the first Sea Games for the 40 athletes under the Pelapis programme, the onus would be on them to show that the back-up and development athletes are able to carry the burden of delivering medals.

This, hopefully, is when the Pelapis programme shows that Malaysia should begin using the Sea Games as a platform to build for the future. And more seriously at that.
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #27
guy4versa4
BANNED

Likes (Received): 52

ada x siaran lagsung opening ceremony di rtm/astro/tv3?
guy4versa4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #28
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

click this link to see the latest SEA GAMES 2009 medal tally

http://laosoc.laoseagames2009.com/RS...eagames%202009

http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/index.aspx
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #29
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Ten Latest Medal Winner

CHAW KALAYAR WIN
Taekwondo (Poomsae Mixed Pair) Myanmar
BRONZE

JEAN SABIDO
Taekwondo (Poomsae Mixed Pair) Philippines
BRONZE

HASSAMARD R.
Taekwondo (Poomsae Mixed Pair) Thailand
SILVER

NGUYEN DINH TOAN
Taekwondo (Poomsae Mixed Pair) Vietnam

GOLD

DOMAS AYU KIRANA
Taekwondo (Poomsae Team) Indonesia

BRONZE

CARLA LAGMAN
Taekwondo (Poomsae Team) Philippines
GOLD

PANIDA A.
Taekwondo (Poomsae Team) Thailand
SILVER

CHAU TUYET VAN
Taekwondo (Poomsae Team) Vietnam
BRONZE

SOUKTHAVY
Taekwondo (Poomsae Team) Laos
SILVER

ANTHONY MATIAS
Taekwondo (Poomsae Team) Philippines
BRONZE

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/in...#ixzz0ZEbi3aun

december 10th 2009
morning
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:55 AM   #30
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Annoucement: CHANGE IN VENUE OF MEN'S FOOTBALL

LAOS-SINGAPORE MATCH TO MOVE TO MAIN STADIUM

The final Group B match of the men’s football event between hosts Laos and Singapore tomorrow will be moved to the 20,000 capacity Main Stadium of the National Sports Complex. The change also applies to the game between Myanmar and Indonesia which will be played first at 1500hrs while the Laos-Singapore match will kick-off at 1745hrs.

Initially, the two matches were supposed to take place at the smaller Chao Anuvong Stadium which has a seating capacity of just 10,000. But following the overwhelming response from the Laos populace to support their homegrown players as well as the fact that the national Under-23 side had beaten Indonesia in their last game, the move was deemed to be necessary.

Laos are currently at the top of Group B with four points from one win and one draw - the same with Singapore. The winner of the match tomorrow will take the group.

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/in...#ixzz0ZEdIi9jg
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #31
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Wednesday, December 9, 2009
ATHLETICS THE BIGGEST DRAW

Athletics will have the biggest number of athletes taking part with 288 participants in the event which will take place on December 13-17 at the Main Stadium of the National Sports Complex. Second is football with 280 athletes, shooting (169), sepaktakraw (167), swimming (140), karate (130), cycling (116), archery (114), badminton (114) and judo (101).

There will be a total of 25 sports to be contested at the 25th SEA Games which will be officially declared open tonight with a total of 4,869 athletes vying for the 370 gold, 370 silver and 539 bronze medals on offer. Defending champions Thailand will send the largest contingent of 842 competitors to the SEA Games squad from 550 athletes and 292 officials.

Second largest is host Laos with 743 (482 athletes and 261 officials), followed by Vietnam (671), Malaysia (469), Indonesia (465), Philippines (413), Myanmar (400), Singapore (392), Cambodia (204), Brunei (79) and Timor Leste (77).

Among the 25 sports on offer are aquatics, snooker/ billiards, boxing, golf, table-tennis, taekwondo, tennis, volleyball, weightlifting, wushu, silat, petanque, shuttlecock, muay, fin swimming and wrestling.

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/ne...#ixzz0ZEdSUYtQ
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #32
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Wednesday, December 9, 2009
NATIONAL SPORTS COMPLEX: THE NEW PRIDE OF LAOS

The newly-built National Sports Complex is the new pride of Laos as it welcome athletes, officials, fans and visitors to the sprawling arena located within the city of Vientiane this month. It houses the Main Stadium which has a capacity of 20,000, the Aquatic Centre, the Tennis Centre, Shooting Range, Archery Range, Beach Volleyball Stadium and two indoor arenas, each with a seating capacity of 3,000. Assisted by China, Japan, Brunei, South Korea, Vietnam and Thailand, the Laos government has poured millions of dollars to building the National Sports Complex and refurbishing existing facilities.

The complex which was built to the tune US$100 million, sits on a 125-hectare area in Dong Sanghine Village in Seythany District which was undertaken by the China Yunnan Construction Engineering Corp. Athletes and officials will be housed at the Games Village - built by Vietnamese firm Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL) - located within the vicinity of the Laos National University.

The Chao Anouvong Stadium, which used to be the National Stadium, has also been renovated alongside the construction of a new golf course, called simply the SEA Games Golf Course. Police presence are everywhere in Vientiane at almost all key intersections of the capital which is geared towards ensuring that security is maintained and a problem-free Games.

There will only be 25 sports being contested this time round in Laos - a marked reduction from the 43 sports which was offered in Korat, Thailand two years ago. Hosts Laos hope to improve on their five gold medals haul they picked up in Korat by targeting at least 25 gold medals this time round in Vientiane.

But the fact is that Thailand will still be expected to dominate the biennial games once again considering that they have collected a total of 1,692 gold medals since the inception of the SEA Games in 1959. Second is Indonesia with a total of 1,377 and Malaysian on third with 900 gold medals.

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/ne...#ixzz0ZEdepPPz
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #33
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

opening ceremony of 25th SEA GAMES
last night(december 9th 2009)

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 10th, 2009 at 03:24 AM.
arief_malaysia96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #34
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Old December 10th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #35
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 10th, 2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #36
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Old December 10th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #37
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Old December 10th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #38
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 10th, 2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:23 AM   #39
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 10th, 2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:34 AM   #40
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 10th, 2009 at 03:29 AM.