daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #41
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Likes (Received): 7

not in english

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 10th, 2009 at 03:20 AM.
arief_malaysia96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:52 AM   #42
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Old December 10th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #43
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 10th, 2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:14 AM   #44
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

25th Southeast Asian Games Information

The 25th Southeast Asian Games is scheduled to be held in Vientiane, Laos, in 2009. It will also be SEA Games 50th year since its inception. This will be the first time the country has ever held a Southeast Asian Games. Laos, the host country, is hoping to grab at least 25 of the 390 gold medals at stake. Two white elephants which symbolized Laos once "the kingdom of million elephants" (Lan Xang) were chosen as the Official Mascots. The names of the elephants are Ms. Champee and Mr. Champa represent the national flower of Laos.

The founding seven members were Thailand, Philippines, Malaya (now Malaysia), Laos, South Vietnam (now Vietnam), Burma (now Myanmar), and Cambodia. The Southeast Asian Games Federation numbers grew over time and Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam and Timor-Leste joined the ranks.

Vietnam has agreed to help out in the staging and organization of sports and footing the bill on a new $19 million Games Village. Thailand has offered exchange lesson for Laos's officials for more pointers in SEA Games preparation, which is worth some $2.9 million. Singapore are to provide teachers and technicians, and organization such as the Yuuwakai Association of Japan has agreed to donate US$100,000 for the new Karatedo training center in Laos, while China has agreed to chalk up the main cost for the new Laos National Stadium. It is estimated a total US$85 million worth of aid has been handed by various nations. With the outpouring of international help, it is reported that the progress of Laos preparation for the SEA Games have been encouraging.

Theme Song of 25th Southeast Asian Games

The Theme Song of 2009 SEA Games had been announcd at June 21, 2009 and the song The Spirit of the Flame -
Written and performed by Sam Intharaphithak - was selected as Theme Song of 2009 SEA Games. 25th SEA Games Theme
Song Unveils Sam will present this song for the opening of 25th SEA Games at December 9, 2009.

The lyric of this song has a mix between Lao and English version. The first part is in Lao, and the second part is in English.

Media Coverage of 25th Southeast Asian Games

During the 25th SEA Games in Vientiane , to run from December 9-18, action will be broadcast live on 14 television channels in six countries. A meeting took place in Vientiane yesterday to discuss TV broadcasting fees and copyright.

Television networks that have agreed in principle to broadcast the SEA Games live are Brunei Radio and Television, Lao National Radio and Lao National Television, Lao Star Channel, Forever Group Co. Ltd (FRTB4-Myanmar), Media Corp TV Singapore Pte. Ltd, National Broadcasting Service of Thailand (NBT), TPBS, Channel 7, Channel 5, VTC Digital-Vietnam, VTV, TOT Co. Ltd., and CAT Telecom Co. Ltd.

The Phetchampa Advertising Company (PAC) is representing the Lao SEA Games Organising Committee (LAOSOC) and hosted the TV broadcasting rights meeting on duties and copyright for broadcasting in six Asean countries. Vice President of the Lao National Olympic Committee, Mr Chanpheng Silattana, representatives from LAOSOC and from Asean countries attended the meeting.

PAC Director, Mr Khammoui Keomany, said he was looking forward to cooperating with LAOSOC and the Lao people to successfully selling TV broadcasting rights for the games.

Laos will use about 16 mobile broadcasting vans to cover all sports venues and will employ more than 144 people to work in production. The budget for the management of TV broadcasting is about 34 billion kip (US$4 million).On the same day, LAOSOC officials reported progress on the sports complex and many other venues that are yet to be completed.

In addition to this, there is set to be coverage of specific events by individual magazines, such as PoolAsia for all the aquatic events.

Venues include the main sports complex, indoor stadiums at the National University of Laos, the Chao-Anou football stadium, the Lao-ITECC arena and the Bungkha-nhong indoor stadium.

The founding seven members were Thailand, Philippines, Malaya (now Malaysia), Laos, South Vietnam (now Vietnam), Burma (now Myanmar), and Cambodia. The Southeast Asian Games Federation numbers grew over time and Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam and Timor-Leste joined the ranks.

Vietnam has agreed to help out in the staging and organization of sports and footing the bill on a new $19 million Games Village. Thailand has offered exchange lesson for Laos's officials for more pointers in SEA Games preparation, which is worth some $2.9 million. Singapore are to provide teachers and technicians, and organization such as the Yuuwakai Association of Japan has agreed to donate US$100,000 for the new Karatedo training center in Laos, while China has agreed to chalk up the main cost for the new Laos National Stadium. It is estimated a total US$85 million worth of aid has been handed by various nations. With the outpouring of international help, it is reported that the progress of Laos preparation for the SEA Games have been encouraging.

Theme Song of 25th Southeast Asian Games

The Theme Song of 2009 SEA Games had been announcd at June 21, 2009 and the song The Spirit of the Flame -
Written and performed by Sam Intharaphithak - was selected as Theme Song of 2009 SEA Games. 25th SEA Games Theme
Song Unveils Sam will present this song for the opening of 25th SEA Games at December 9, 2009.

The lyric of this song has a mix between Lao and English version. The first part is in Lao, and the second part is in English.

Media Coverage of 25th Southeast Asian Games

During the 25th SEA Games in Vientiane , to run from December 9-18, action will be broadcast live on 14 television channels in six countries. A meeting took place in Vientiane yesterday to discuss TV broadcasting fees and copyright.

Television networks that have agreed in principle to broadcast the SEA Games live are Brunei Radio and Television, Lao National Radio and Lao National Television, Lao Star Channel, Forever Group Co. Ltd (FRTB4-Myanmar), Media Corp TV Singapore Pte. Ltd, National Broadcasting Service of Thailand (NBT), TPBS, Channel 7, Channel 5, VTC Digital-Vietnam, VTV, TOT Co. Ltd., and CAT Telecom Co. Ltd.

The Phetchampa Advertising Company (PAC) is representing the Lao SEA Games Organising Committee (LAOSOC) and hosted the TV broadcasting rights meeting on duties and copyright for broadcasting in six Asean countries. Vice President of the Lao National Olympic Committee, Mr Chanpheng Silattana, representatives from LAOSOC and from Asean countries attended the meeting.

PAC Director, Mr Khammoui Keomany, said he was looking forward to cooperating with LAOSOC and the Lao people to successfully selling TV broadcasting rights for the games.

Laos will use about 16 mobile broadcasting vans to cover all sports venues and will employ more than 144 people to work in production. The budget for the management of TV broadcasting is about 34 billion kip (US$4 million).On the same day, LAOSOC officials reported progress on the sports complex and many other venues that are yet to be completed.

In addition to this, there is set to be coverage of specific events by individual magazines, such as PoolAsia for all the aquatic events.

Venues include the main sports complex, indoor stadiums at the National University of Laos, the Chao-Anou football stadium, the Lao-ITECC arena and the Bungkha-nhong indoor stadium.

The venues are being built with the installation of broadcasting facilities in mind as provision of broadcasting equipment at each venue is a requirement for hosting the games. The national football stadium at Dongsanghin village in Xaythany district will be inspected and tested in June by LAOSOC before hosting the games' opening and closing ceremonies in December.

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/25...#ixzz0ZFCTebTM
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:15 AM   #45
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

sorry......no english subtittle
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:19 AM   #46
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

not in english
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #47
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

from thai forum

Lao SEA GAMES opening ceremony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansano View Post

โดย ไทยรัฐออนไลน์

9 ธันวาคม 2552, 19:37 น.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansano View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisarut View Post
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:48 AM   #48
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

the star online

Thursday December 10, 2009
Colourful ceremony marks start of 25th SEA Games

IT was a historic moment for Laos when the 25th South East Asian (SEA) Games was officially opened in a colourful ceremony steeped in cultural and historical significance at the new National Stadium in Vientiane last night.

Despite being a founder member when the Games debuted in 1959, Laos, known as “the ancient kingdom of a million elephants”, are hosting the biennial event for the first time.

The Games are also held in celebration of the 450th anniversary of Vientiane as the capital of Laos in 2010.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feast for the eyes: Dancers performing a traditional dance during the opening ceremony.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tagged as the ‘Generosity, Amity, and Healthy Lifestyle’ Games, the hosts are keen to stress home the point that solidarity and friendship are more important than winning among the South East Asian neighbours.

About 7,000 students were involved in the cultural performances in the opening ceremony, which included dances titled “Welcome SEA Games, Sound of Jungle, Golden Rice Field, Fairness Candlelight, Sin-Xay the hero of an era, Bright Future and Binding Heart to Step Forward”.

The performances celebrated the abundance of cultural and ethnical diversity in the former French colony.

Among the dignitaries who graced the ceremony was Laos President Choummaly Sayasone and he was joined by the Prime Ministers of Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam.

The Malaysian government was represented by Sports Minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colourful opening: The Malaysian contingent during the march past at the opening ceremony of the 25th SEA Games in Vientiane, Laos Wednesday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten-time SEA Games gold medal winner Yeoh Ken Nee led the Malaysian contingent out during the contingents’ march past.

The Malaysians looked smart in their gold-coloured baju Melayu with songkok for the men and baju kurung with scarves for the women.

The highlight of the opening ceremony was the lighting of the Games cauldron.

Sixteen past and present famous Laotian athletes took turns carrying the torch around the stadium’s running track.

Wushu exponent Phoxay Aphailatho, who earned Laos a historic silver medal at the 2006 Doha Asian Games, was given the honour to be the final torch bearer.

An archer garbed in ancient Laotian warrior costume and carrying a bow lit his arrow with the flames of the torch held by Phoxay.

The archer then fired the arrow in the direction of the cauldron, igniting the flame in it and sending the 20,000-capacity crowd into a frenzy.

The spectators had more reason to cheer when fireworks lit up the Vientiane night sky just as the cauldron was lit.

Besides Malaysia and Laos, the other nine countries competing in the biennial sports carnival are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam.

A total of 25 sports are contested in Vientiane with 377 gold medals up for grabs.

Malaysia, who finished as the runners-up in the medal tally with a 68-52-96 haul in Korat in 2007, have set a modest target of obtaining between 30 and 35 gold medals in Vientiane.

Malaysia have a contingent of 347 athletes featuring in 21 sports in the Games.
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #49
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Ten Latest Record Breakers

Sport Diciplines :Swimming
Event :Event 5, Lane 4, 200m Individual Medley Final FEMALE
Date & Time :10/Dec/2009 18:00
Remark :Time: 02:14:57 : NEW GAMES RECORD
MALAYSIA YI TING SIOW
GOLD MEDAL

Event :Event 7, 4 x 200m Freestyle Final FEMALE
Remark :Total Score: 08:11:75 : NEW GAMES RECORD
SINGAPORE

GOLD MEDAL

Event :Event 1, 100m Freestyle Final FEMALE
Remark :Time 00:56.03 : NEW GAMES RECORD
SINGAPORE TING WEN QUAH
GOLD MEDAL

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/in...#ixzz0ZKzHbjEG
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #50
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Thursday, December 10, 2009
LAOS AND SINGAPORE IN SEMI-FINALS OF MEN’S FOOTBALL
By: WSL MSC Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) - ICT Committee

Laos and Singapore made it to the semi-finals of the men’s football event when they battled to a scoreless draw in their final Group B match. With the score tied all event at the end of a pulsating encounter, Laos won the group with five points from a win and two drawn matches - the same with Singapore. But the hosts emerged at the top of the standings on a better one goal difference as compared to the Young Lions. In the match that was played at the Main Stadium, the sell-out crowd had expected Laos to put up a grand show and beat Singapore following their 2-0 win over Indonesia in their last match. But considering what was at stake where a defeat might have just allowed Myanmar - who beat Indonesia 3-1 earlier - to sneak in, both teams were not risking too much. Chances were far and in between as the action were restricted to the middle of the park as both teams let the clock trickled down to the final whistle for their safe passage into the next round.

In the meantime, it was a futile victory for Myanmar when they beat Indonesia 3-1 in an earlier Group B match. The game began on an earnest note and in the sixth minute, Myanmar got their first goal of the game off a penalty from Tun Tun Win who sent Indonesian keeper Frenky Irawan the wrong way. Pai Soe got a chance in the eighth minute to add to the tally but he totally ballooned his effort while five minutes later, captain Khin Maung Lwin’s effort came off from the underside of the crossbar.

25th SEA Games 2009 - Laos Football Team

Indonesia then replied with a free kick from Stevie Bonsapia in the 17th minute which went wide while a header from Rendy some moments later did not find its intended target as the half ended to their disadvantage. Myanmar began the second half on a strong note in the 52nd minute when Pai Soe slammed home from close range off a pass from Tun Tun Win before Indonesia gave themselves a lifeline with their first goal in the 74th minute after Stevie latched on to a cross from Ruben Sanadi.

But there was no way back for Indonesia when Myanmar put the game beyond reach with the third goal of the game nine minutes to the end - off a superb shot from outside the left flank with the inside of his right foot from Moe Win.

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/ne...#ixzz0ZL0IYfwa
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #51
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Thursday, December 10, 2009
LIMPING NORASEELA, A WORRY FOR MALAYSIA
By: WSL MSC Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) - ICT Committee

A limping Noraseela Khalid could spoil Malaysia’s hopes of achieving the eight-gold medals target set by the Malaysian Amateur Athletics Union (MAAU) for the 25th Laos Sea Games.

The 30-year-old Selangor-born hurdler - fresh from her silver-medal effort at the Asian Championships in Guangzhou, China - was limping when the Malaysian athletics contingent checked into Vientiane this morning. Coach Hanapiah Nasir wore a worried look on his face when he informed MAAU deputy president Abdul Karim Ibrahim of the injury Noraseela sustained on Wednesday evening during the last training session in Kuala Lumpur. Abdul Karim said it is an Archilles tendon injury. “We will take Norseela to see our contingent in Laos and find out how serious it is. I only hope that it is not that serious,”said Abdul Karim.

“We have targetted two gold medals from her - in the 400m and 400m hurdles. Norseela, however, has told the coach that she can run. Maybe, if the injury is not serious, we will do strapping for her.”

Noraseela Khalid could spoil Malaysia’s hopes of achieving the eight-gold medals

Norseela is not new to injuries. She has battled injuries since winning the bronze at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha. Norseela clocked 57.16 seconds to take the silver behind Japan’s Satomi Kubokura (56.62) in Guangzhou last month. “I still have another three days to recover. I wll see what the doctor has got to say. Yes. I am limping but I can still run,” said Norseela.

Read more: http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/ne...#ixzz0ZL0hF3pV
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #52
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

the star online

Saturday December 12, 2009
Football: Malaysia stun champions Thailand to reach semi-finals

STRIKER Ahmad Fakri Saarani scored a last-gasp winning goal in stoppage time against defending champions Thailand to put Malaysia into the semi-finals of the men’s football competition.

It was against all odds that the Malaysians pull*ed off a dramatic come-from-behind 2-1 win over the Thais in their final Group A match at the Main Stadium of the National Sports Complex in Vientiane yesterday.

It was one of the biggest blows for Thailand in the history of the SEA Games men’s football as they failed to qualify for the semi-finals for the first time in 36 years.

The last time Malaysia beat Thailand in the SEA Games was back in 1989 (KL) when they won 1-0 in the semi-finals.

Thailand, who were champions for the last eight editions of the Games since 1993, needed only a draw to pull through to their 19th consecutive semi-finals.

They were on their way to the playoff stage for medals after Arthit Sunthorphit put them in front with a stunning free-kick in the 53rd minute.

The Thais still had a foot in the semi-finals when Nasriq Baharom equalised for Malaysia in the 80th minute.

But then, Fakri did the incredible, scoring deep into stoppage time to break the Thais’ hearts. Norsharul Idlan Talaha weaved past two defenders inside the box and sent the ball to the lurking Fakri to stab in from close range.

The 20-year-old Fakri, of Ipoh, said he knew they had a chance if they continued to fight until the final whistle.

“There were four minutes of added time and when I saw Norsharul breaking from the right, I knew there was a chance for us to score,” said the former Harimau Muda (National Under-19) player.

Vietnam moved into the semi-finals as the group winners with a 6-1 win over Cambodia.

In Monday’s semi-finals, Malaysia will play against Group B winners Laos while Vietnam will take on Singapore.

A decision by coach K. Rajagopal to bring in fresh legs in substitutes Azmi Muslim for Mat Sabree Abu and Asraruddin Putra for Baddrol Bakhtiar paid off against the Thais.

“It was a gamble ... and I am extremely happy for the boys,” said a jubilant Rajagopal.

“I started with reserve keeper Mohd Sharbinee (Allawee) and was informed of midfielder Amirulhadi’s (Zainal) suspension on the eleventh hour. I had to switch my game plan and it was a gamble to bring in Azmi, who gave us the extra pace to trouble the Thais.”

However, Rajagopal was quick to warn his boys to keep their feet firmly on the ground.

“Yes, we have prevailed under tough situations but our mission is not done, yet,” he said.

Thai coach Steve Darby was a picture of dejection but accepted defeat graciously.

“Everyone is bitterly devastated ... we should have finished them off after going in front. But I am not going to blame anyone for the defeat. As the coach, I will take the rap for this failure,” he said.

Darby credited the Malaysians for throwing everything at them even when the chips were down.

“They kept fighting and fighting and kept coming and coming at us,” he said and then loudly declared: “Malaysia Boleh!”
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #53
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Old December 12th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #54
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Old December 12th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #55
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Old December 13th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #56
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

25th SEA GAMES opening ceremony

http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/index.aspx

http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/gallery.aspx

http://www.laoseagames2009.com/v1/ga...sxOpening.aspx

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 13th, 2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #57
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

25th SEA Games latest medal tally

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
December 9-18

latest medal tally.. as of Dec 13 12noon(vientianne)
(OMG! the Philippines is at the lower end of the rankings.. hehe)

Thailand 22 25 31 78
Vietnam 21 19 20 60
Singapore 19 9 17 45
Malaysia 16 17 27 60
Indonesia 13 15 22 50
Laos 10 4 17 31
Philippines 8 14 15 37
Myanmar 4 8 17 29
Cambodia 2 4 5 11
Brunei 0 1 5 6
Timor Leste 0 0 2 2
Grand Total 115 116 178 409
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #58
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

december 13th 2009
latest news:Indonesia beat Malaysia in men's team badminton..........
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM   #59
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

25th sea games closing ceremony

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 22nd, 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM   #60
arief_malaysia96
hostel life

Last edited by arief_malaysia96; December 22nd, 2009 at 11:31 AM.