daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:55 AM   #21
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

Tjuvholmen 3.33 hectares

Right outside Aker Brygge lies Tjuvholmen. Last week it was announced that building will probably start already
this year, given that the city council will aprove the plans ( ). It will take some time to get the area finished though, as there
are lots that need to be destroyed, and sea that needs to be filled. Buildings will be up to 12 floors, but most of
them on 8-9 floors. There will be 900-1200 apartments, and areas for a kindergarden, shopping, offices, hotel,
restaurants and culture. There will also be a beach! Total construction will be on 148.000 sqaremeters, where 108.000 sqm
will be residential.

In the plans is also a landmark, a tower on 60 meters altough they are not mentioning it in the
article(http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...icle794734.ece). I can only speculate if they left it out of the article consiously

I took this picture of the plan from the paper-version of the article, thought that revealed more details than the digital one

For more info on this project, take a look in the thread dedicated to it:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...9#post17231319

Last edited by NorthStar77; December 20th, 2007 at 02:43 PM.
NorthStar77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2004, 01:42 AM   #22
michau
Boxes rule

Likes (Received): 955

Looks really nice. Hope the landmark will materialize

PS Does Tjuvholmen mean the same thing in Norwegian as in Swedish - The Island of Thieves?
michau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM   #23
NorthStar77
Born to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by michau
PS Does Tjuvholmen mean the same thing in Norwegian as in Swedish - The Island of Thieves?
Yes it does

Acctually, I just searched it up to find how it got its name: "Tjuvholmen har fått sitt navn fordi det opprinnelig var et gammelt avstraffelsesområde for tyver. På Tjuvholmen ble tyvene straffet med døden".

A digress: I found this image in an article about Bjørvika. Nice isn't it?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 11:45 AM   #24
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

ah, Tjuvholmen may become a very beautiful in the future. The buildings looks so nice and becomes even more beautiful with all the green areas and the water around the buildings.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:36 PM   #25
boogy

Likes (Received): 0

cool drawing
it's like Venice only with lost of modern architecture
Old July 21st, 2004, 10:23 PM   #26
NorthStar77
Born to run

It's about bloody time I update this thread!

There is one area I have not talked about yet, and that is:
Filipstad 31.89 hectares

This is an area situated west of Tjuvholmen. Today this area hosts the terminal to the Kiel-ferry, and some containers.

The plan is to start selling of this area from 2006, for the purpose of residential and commercial activities. It is suggested that it's room for 2-4000 housing-units. There could also be place for a ferry terminal, and E-18 may be put in a tunnel here aswell.

This is how it may look in the future.

Old July 21st, 2004, 11:20 PM   #27
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

I've heard very little concerning the development at Filipstad, only some short articles now and then. This area will also become very nice in the future if they actually built it as nice as they paints and says, i especally see several buildings in the second drawning which can become very interesting later when they develope close images.

But then i also hope they don't built whole Filipstad with flat buildings 6 and 7 floors, hopefully with some taller buildings up to 15 floors, i don't think it will hurt the surrounding area, especally not the eastern area closing Tjuvholmen and Aker Brygge.

But anyway, this area will probably become awesome without high-rises
Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:21 AM   #28
wolkenkrabber
Expert

Likes (Received): 6

this project is massive, i love oslo but i strongly remember the port, it was not all too impressive, as we where to gon a boat, to denmarki really hope they will dig or atleaast cover up that rail yard it is hidderous, and oslos tunnels keep amaze me, and one more i really miss the smell in oslo of the salt water

"Tjuvholmen, the Alcatraz Of Oslo"
wolkenkrabber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #29
NorthStar77
Born to run

There has been a debate in recent weeks on whether the stone-cladding for the new opera should come from Norway or from China. 25.000 square meters of the building is to be covered with stone. The Chinese stone costs 30 million NOK (3,6 million EUR), compared to the Norwegian that costs 80 million NOK (9,5 million EUR).

The solution seems to be to use both. Because the amount of stress will vary on various parts of the building, solid norwegian rock will be used where it is needed, and cheap chinese stone elsewhere.

*I do however think that this is more an issue of national pride *
Old August 19th, 2004, 06:46 PM   #30
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Some images and videos was relized by VG concerning the Bjoervika Project, here are some videos and panorama images.

Panorama image:

http://www.vg.no/foto/panorama/popup/oslopanorama.html

Videos: (The quality is well, broadband++ only)

Read first:
Press on one of this titles on the page:
- "Bli med på flytur over den nye Fjordbyen!"
- "Bli med på en gondoltur til Ekeberg!"
- "Bli med på en gåtur gjennom Bjørvika!"

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=233529
Old August 23rd, 2004, 09:40 PM   #31
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Some rederings from Bjørvika architect competition.

One proposal which became quite popular for the Bjørvika developments was Dark Architects proposal. Dark made a model of a very modern Bjørvika with quite a lot of high-rise buildings, but thise high-rise buildings is quite a lot more amazing that the traditional architecture.

Quote:
DARK Architects, A-lab Architects both from Oslo, Norway, and MVRDV from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, work together on the project for the new waterfront in Oslo.

This new townplan situated at the Björvika-Bispevika fjord, comprises an urban development vision on 220.000 m2 mixed program and an architectural plan of 55.000 m2.

The Bjørvika area straddles a unique point in Oslo, between the expanse of the fjord and the infrastructural node of Norway. A series of plots with an address both on the fjord side as well as the railway side can achieve a maximum view towards the fjord, maximise the number of 'addresses' at the waterfront and maximise the amount of flexible space to be used for housing, offices and commercial and/or cultural spaces.

Every plot in this new area can be different in access, shape, size, functionality providing for all possible uses. On ground level an alley quarter provides access and throughways on as many places as possible. By surrounding the site with a road, all plots can be accessed from the railway side. Avoiding interior roads it creates a continuous pedestrianised urban space, a pedestrianised island.

The realisation of the first office buildings by MVRDV+ a-lab + DARK Arcitects are to be expected in 2006.

Check out that building way to the right, its a S turned 90 degreed left, my favorite

Notice the really, really large building in the middel with its roof hanging far over and far from the walls of the building, nice one

Well, i would love to see some more rederings from this proposal, its was my favorite once, sad it was rejected

Last edited by Þróndeimr; August 23rd, 2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:14 PM   #32
NorthStar77
Born to run

To me, it seems like that project won! Look here: http://www.oslo.kommune.no/fjordbyen...rader&id=65706 .

And GOOD NEWS FOLKS. The plans have been given final aproval! It is now not possible to stop or change the plans for the biggest construction project in Norways history! In todays Aftenposten, there is an article saying that the construction will start next autumn, and is planned to be finished 1.january 2007. The tunnel is planned to start construction spring next year. In a survey, 21% of all people in greater Oslo said they would want to live in Bjøvika. (http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...icle856193.ece)

An illustration of part of the project.

BTW, this is only the first part of Bjørvika. 20% will be dwellings, the rest will be commercial in this part of the project.
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:18 PM   #33
NorthStar77
Born to run

Today, a competition to design the squares and harbour-promenades has begun.
Red - squares and the likes, orange - harbour promenades
Old August 25th, 2004, 04:59 PM   #34
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

If this project actually becomes built, i would forever....djeesesh, its probably the most spectacular project i've ever seen from Norway, tough the towers isn't the tallest in the world. Im really looking forward to see some more regerings from the project if they continue this plan.
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #35
NorthStar77
Born to run

Today a company named Fjordby DA announced plans to make an artificial island in the fjord, 200 meters from the shore. 80 dwellings will be built on the island. And there will be a marina with place for 1200 boats. The idea is to make a hall in the mountain, to fill out the fjord, and use the hall for winter storage of the boats. There will also be a parkinghouse in the mountain, to serve a beach that will also be made.

If everything go "maximum smoothly" as the ideamakers say, everything will be finished in 4 years. And most of the politicians that have made statements today are positive to it.

Old September 8th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #36
NorthStar77
Born to run

Final aprovement of Bjørvika was given by city council friday. Don't ask me what the difference between this final aproval and the other final aprovements is. Anyways, Aftenposten writes that maximum height now is set to 16 floors

They also write about the following milestones:
* first half of 2004: construction of apartments and offices on "branntomta", wich is the area where the tallest buildings will be. I still have not seen any construction there, nor any renderings on how it will look like
*Q1 2005: construction of the motorway-tunnel starts.
*2005/2006: Frameworks on the opera finished.
*2006: first people can move in on "branntomta"
*20 september 2008: first play in the opera
*2011: tunnel is finished

You can now see a quicktime-animation of how the tunnel will be here:
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...icle863121.ece
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #37
Devilution
Schnitzl'd in the Negev

Likes (Received): 1

Aww... so much construction. I sure hope these plans will be realized. I´m not quite sure if I like that ultra-modern style though. Well, at least it´s interesting
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:07 AM   #38
NorthStar77
Born to run

Yesterday, the financial newspaper Dagens Næringsliv announced that the company Oslo S Utvikling will start construction of the first part of Bjørvika, area B10, within first half of next year. B10 will consist of about 40.000 sqm offices when finished. The company will invest about 1 billion euros in Bjøvika the next 12 years, and probably build up to 315.000 sqm of the 840.000 sqm of offices and residentials that will be built in Bjørvika.

B10 is the area marked with red

There has not been a traditional architecture competition for the area, but rather a concept competiotion. As mentioned earlier, the concept Barcode has won. The idea is to build tall, slim buildings, that are slimmest in the north-south direction. This concept allows a great variety of buildings, and most importantly, will allow polluted air from the city to flow between the buildings and out in the fjord. There are two alternatives for height restrictions here.
Alternative 1: 1 building with max height of 67 meters, and the others at 51 meters. Max area will then be 43.000 sqm gross + glass-covered tops with 6.000 sqm.
Alternative 2: All buildings will be on 67 meters. Max area 51.000 + glass-covered tops with 6.000 sqm.

Alternative 1 makes it impossible to fullfill the 840.000 sqm for all of Bjørvika if the current restrictions for the rest of Bjørvika is to be upheld. If the commune does not allow this total area, they will have to pay a "fine" to the entrapeneurs, by paying for more of the infrastructure. So it is therefore highly possible that alternative 2 will be chosen.

Here is one more illustrations on how Oslo S Utvikling is visioning the Barcode consept.

Edit: shite, hit the submit button to early. More to come on the various alternatives.

Last edited by NorthStar77; November 4th, 2004 at 02:54 PM.
NorthStar77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:12 AM   #39
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Good news, and it looks like their earlyer decission for a border at 14 floors is gone for sure...

Last edited by Þróndeimr; November 4th, 2004 at 12:13 AM. Reason: I can't write one word correct anymore!
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:25 AM   #40
NorthStar77
Born to run

Map of B10, current situation.

Possible future

Affection on the skyline with one of the 1. alternatives. The buildings in question marked with colors.

Same with one of the 2. alternatives.

The barcode idea allows for a range of different shapes of the buildings. Here are some scetches that is beeing used in the idea process.

Different scenarios under alternative 1(1 building 67 meters, rest on 51). The buildings will not look exactly like this ofcourse. But the colors used indicate the different materials that will be used in the buildings.

Scenarios under alternative 2(all buildings up to 67 meters)

Sources: http://www.dn.no/eiendom/article362952.ece
http://www.osu.no/