daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Old December 31st, 2011, 05:12 PM   #3881
boxxy

Likes (Received): 0

can some one explain to me the rationale of closing the "other stations" earlier than the stations in the centre of the city.

I don't get it why keep the inner city stations open when the outer "other stations" are closed. Unless of course, "station closing time" actually means the time when passengers are no longer allowed to purchase any more tickets or enter the paid area but are still allowed to go through and exit the station. Just like in shopping malls where they may close early but cinemas are still running so there are some people floating around in the malls.
boxxy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 31st, 2011, 05:23 PM   #3882
asd5139

Likes (Received): 14

The later is correct. Close mean you are still allowed to exit but not to buy anymore tickets/tokens and enter.
asd5139 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:07 PM   #3883
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 849

I was there just now.

Indeed, closed means the station is only open for exit, but not entry to the line.
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM   #3884
TWK90
Infrastructure

image hosted on flickr
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3885
sapphire blue

Likes (Received): 120

special lane for OKU, baggage & the red circle is ??
sapphire blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM   #3886
asd5139

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire blue View Post

special lane for OKU, baggage & the red circle is ??
http://www.myrapid.com.my/news-event...-lrt-january-1
asd5139 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM   #3887
artofbrains

Likes (Received): 0

Last edited by artofbrains; April 1st, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
artofbrains no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM   #3888
tunomura

Likes (Received): 19

Good move, should have tactile there too..
tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #3889
bukhrin

Likes (Received): 17

http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/Por...%20Leaflet.pdf

Public display for the KLIA Express Extension to KLIA2

This extension project will require 15½ months
to complete. The target completion date is
31st October 2012.
bukhrin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #3890
lohxy

Likes (Received): 20

Images of Gombak station......

lohxy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #3891
tunomura

Likes (Received): 19

Great progress..I assume that the Park n Ride will be operational by mid quarter of this year..Hopefully the parking rate going to be cheap enough..Maybe rm1 for first hour and additional rm0.50 for subsequent hour
tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #3892
sapphire blue

Token khas LRT sempena Perlawanan Sumbangsih

KUALA LUMPUR 6 Jan. — Pengusaha perkhidmatan transit aliran ringan (LRT) RapidKL, Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (Prasarana) akan mengeluarkan semula token khas bagi perjalanan pergi balik sempena perlawanan Sumbangsih di Stadium Nasional Bukit Jalil esok.

Menjangkakan kebanjiran kira-kira 30,000 peminat sukan bola sepak bagi menyaksikan perlawanan pembuka tirai Liga Super itu antara juara liga, Kelantan dan juara Piala Malaysia, Negeri Sembilan di stesen Bukit Jalil, Prasarana mengambil langkah menambah bilangan pekerja untuk menguruskan operasinya.

Pengarah Kumpulan Prasarana bagi Rel, Khairani Mohamed berkata token khas itu akan dijual di semua stesen LRT esok.

"Mereka yang mendapatkannya di mesin dinasihatkan membeli token khas agar tidak perlu beratur sekali lagi untuk perjalanan pulang,” katanya dalam satu kenyataan hari ini.

Beliau turut menasihati peminat dari Lembah Klang agar membeli token khas dan memilih destinasi terakhir perjalanan mereka tanpa mengira sama ada mereka menaiki LRT ke Ampang atau Kelana Jaya.

Dia juga menggalakkan penumpang menggunakan kad MyRapid yang akan lebih memudahkan perjalanan untuk semua.

"Berdasarkan pengalaman, kami boleh menjangkakan kehadiran besar-besaran bagi menyaksikan perlawanan itu. Jadi kepada mereka yang belum membeli kad MyRapid, sila berbuat demikian sekarang dan nikmati perlawanan Sabtu ini tanpa perlu bersusah-payah,” katanya. — BERNAMA

from Utusan online
Old January 8th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #3893
TWK90
Infrastructure

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...2&sec=business

Quote:

“This interchange plans include providing an exclusive access to i-Residence as well as from both KL and Klang,” explains Ong.

Under the light rail transit (LRT) blueprint, the extension of the LRT system from Kelana Jaya to Klang will also serve i-City.
So it is very certain that the proposed LRT3 will serve i-City, and corridor north of existing KTM line.

You can imagine it passes Glenmarie, Bukit Jelutong, then i-City, then southwards to Klang city centre.
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #3894
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK90 View Post

So it is very certain that the proposed LRT3 will serve i-City, and corridor north of existing KTM line.

You can imagine it passes Glenmarie, Bukit Jelutong, then i-City, then southwards to Klang city centre.
yep, that's the plan since a long time ago.

The Federal Highway BRT will be the first attempt at rapid transit along the more northern corridor, but at the very least they should start with a direct bus from Klang to Kelana Jaya through Shah Alam.

Cheers, m

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #3895
TWK90
Infrastructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban View Post
yep, that's the plan since a long time ago.

The Federal Highway BRT will be the first attempt at rapid transit along the more northern corridor, but at the very least they should start with a direct bus from Klang to Kelana Jaya through Shah Alam.

Cheers, m
I can imagine that bus (Klang to Kelana Jaya, through Shah Alam) would be either a "U" bus or "E" bus.

Kelana Jaya station bus holding area should be expanded, as sometimes, the lane can get clogged up with 2 buses of the same route parked at the same time.
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #3896
TWK90
Infrastructure

http://www.spad.gov.my/en/projects/pub-tra...ang-valley.html

Quote:
A look of the capacity on existing and future, proposed rail lines of Klang Valley.

Looking into this data, as well as other metro systems in the world, for example, Paris.

Paris Metro line 1 (16 km long) is the most busiest line on Paris Metro network. It carries 725,000 passengers daily. And that's before the conversion of the line operator from driver operated to driverless operation. The trains are narrower than Ampang line, but a little longer than us.

For our Ampang line (44.7 km after extension), I believe the future capacity by design can easily be more than, say....400k or even 500k passengers a day if we get more trains (I believe we have 15 sets, with another 20 sets have to ordered for Kinrara and Puchong extension) and implement CBTC........and also, ceding Chan Sow Lin - Ampang section to future MRT 2.
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #3897
bukhrin

Likes (Received): 17

Those KTMB Metro forecast numbers looks really poor. Even with the currently apalling service I think they hit almost 100k rides per day. But to have a headway of 5 mins plus integration with KJ Line and MRT1 yet they only expect 237k rides per day, doesnt really sound very metro to me.
bukhrin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #3898
sapphire blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK90 View Post

I hope they will consider a station at seksyen 13 since there is stadium, college (MSU & PTPL) plus hypermarket like Giant & tesco extra..
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #3899
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

the Kelana Jaya line numbers are quite impressive - interesting that they will still be higher than 2 of the 3 MRT lines

really makes me wonder why they need to build a 4-carriage MRT when a 6-carriage "LRT" in Ampang style could do the job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukhrin View Post
Those KTMB Metro forecast numbers looks really poor. Even with the currently apalling service I think they hit almost 100k rides per day. But to have a headway of 5 mins plus integration with KJ Line and MRT1 yet they only expect 237k rides per day, doesnt really sound very metro to me.
Komuter is not really "metro", even with 5 minute frequencies ... but that is more of a function of the distance between stations and the travel time as opposed to the trains or the frequencies.

Certainly, an upgrade KTMB will have lower ridership numbers as compared to a higher frequency MRT or LRT, but the line carrying capacity during the peak hours will be high enough to move enough people (above 10,000 passengers per hour per direction) to call it "rapid transit"

The public should be made to understand that the terms "MRT" and "LRT" represent service levels, not train types.

By the way, Ampang (STAR) is supposed to be LRT1 and Kelana Jaya (PUTRA) is LRT2. KL Monorail is LRT3 even though it doesn't meet "LRT" levels of ridership capacity (3100 pphpd now, 6400 with new trains) ... those numbers are actually comparable to BRT & modern trams (not rapid trams)

Cheers, m

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #3900
guy4versa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 655

guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote