daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Old April 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #4081
bukhrin

Likes (Received): 16

He he, that one was also the old one.
bukhrin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #4082
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 22

You do good work Bukhrin. I mean, to me I didn't see the point of having the 2020 map up when it is slightly off, although you didn't post it. But nevertheless, thank you nazrey and thank you Bukhrin.
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #4083
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1432

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmrtbuilder View Post

V. Neat maps but the MRT1 line has a few errors :-

It doesn't go to Jln Maarof or Bangsar LRT & for the underground section, there are only 7 stations at KL Sentral, Pasar Seni, Merdeka, Bukit Bintang, Pasar Rakyat, Cochrane & then Maluri.

Other than that - good work fella
ya first of all..thanks to Bukhrin ...I'm looking for a complete map with first MRT line too...here it is >>

nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #4084
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 22

Thanks. I think they should just show the ERL as one line. Will this be the final colour of the SBK line then?
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #4085
archilover

Likes (Received): 391

archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #4086
bukhrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
ya first of all..thanks to Bukhrin ...I'm looking for a complete map with first MRT line too...here it is >>
Nazrey, mrtfreak I'm planning to start working on a new one based on the SPAD master plan. (the one with MRT1,2,3, Monorail extension, LRT3, KTM Bypass, and the hinted Outer Circle Line.)

And if I can find some more time, an updated KL systems rolling stocks line drawing comparison too.

But no promise tho, been really busy these past few months.
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #4087
bukhrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtfreak View Post
Thanks. I think they should just show the ERL as one line. Will this be the final colour of the SBK line then?
Not even sure if that is an updated one. Currently SP and AG lines are colored separately dark brown and an orange-ish color.
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #4088
Bourgandy
Bourgandy

Likes (Received): 160

2020+

[/QUOTE]

I feel so sad... because, i can only experience this convenience when im reaching 30yrs old+. Also MAD.... because i blame the CORRUPTION of central government in the political aspect that DELAYS all of this projects for rakyats. If it weren't for their "duit-masuk-poket" attitude which causes all of this major projects to lead astray.

All of this projects for people should've establish at least late 1990's (singapore have MRT since 1987)

I pity for our citizens,friends and families who have to suffer(and still is now) for this bad quality of rail networks. Late arrival, delays of trains, not enough coaches (squeezed like sardines) and etc.

If only we have good quality and visionary leader whom only wants development for the benefit of the ppl without corruption.... just a dream i guess....
Bourgandy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #4089
choon

Likes (Received): 24

100% agreed. One of my girl friend who takes KTM from Kajang to KL 6 days a week for many years..just imagine! This amazing gift is given by our so called 1 Malaysia great government....I really shameful of what they have done, even BKK has a great MRT network and keep expanding every year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
2020+

I feel so sad... because, i can only experience this convenience when im reaching 30yrs old+. Also MAD.... because i blame the CORRUPTION of central government in the political aspect that DELAYS all of this projects for rakyats. If it weren't for their "duit-masuk-poket" attitude which causes all of this major projects to lead astray.

All of this projects for people should've establish at least late 1990's (singapore have MRT since 1987)

I pity for our citizens,friends and families who have to suffer(and still is now) for this bad quality of rail networks. Late arrival, delays of trains, not enough coaches (squeezed like sardines) and etc.

If only we have good quality and visionary leader whom only wants development for the benefit of the ppl without corruption.... just a dream i guess....[/QUOTE]
choon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #4090
nazrey

lOL...dlm thread projek supertall di org nak Dr.M bina Petronas Towers biar tinggi pada sedia kala..kt sini di org nak aliran keretapi biar panjang sebelum sudi tua....kan sebelum nak bina apa2 di org rakyat asyik je nak protest tak mau bina ...the thing is binaan apa2 kena bina untuk mencapaikan matlamat ia masing2 bukan saja bina222 tak ketemu matlamatnya buat rugi duit budget saja...itu pun kalau di org ingat aliran Ampang (STAR LRT) ..masa tu selepas CWG ..aliran ini rugi sebab tak de org guna pon tpi ia terpaksa bina je during CWG 1998...emmmm

Last edited by nazrey; April 13th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #4091
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 849

I do think the pace of rail transit development in KL is slow.
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #4092
SgWay

Likes (Received): 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by choon View Post
100% agreed. One of my girl friend who takes KTM from Kajang to KL 6 days a week for many years..just imagine! This amazing gift is given by our so called 1 Malaysia great government....I really shameful of what they have done, even BKK has a great MRT network and keep expanding every year...

If only we have good quality and visionary leader whom only wants development for the benefit of the ppl without corruption.... just a dream i guess....
[/QUOTE]

Sigh...another one....

bangkok MRT expanding every year? Are you serious. Then why the traffic jam there is so bad...after being sent there for work, i have no illusion that bangkom is a city with good rail transport plus Bangkokians love driving..they love driving cars and getting stuck in their cars and listen to a gamut of Thai radio stations.

My MD is a singaporean and guess what he told me better to drive than taking public transport than taking MRT in singapore.

Same could be said about Malaysiasn..many prefer driving...malaysian love driving..ask any middle class and professional..never would they think of taking a train to work..the ones that do take now are young graduates who will eventually want to own a car anyway..in addition...do you really think having rail transport is everything? spain have its HSR built during its golden years but now many Spaniards cant even afford HSR travel, Japan is famous with its rail network but they are having negative population growth,social problems like 30k suicides per year and stagnant economy..hence..rail transport does not necessary correlate with amazing economic growth or social developmemt.rail/public transport is to facilitate economic growth..no point having rail network if the gahmen did not build the highways so goods from factories can be transported to ports and airports, raw materials to and from industrial zones and goods between shops and getting students to schools and universities.

if we have leaders wihout vision, we would be living in wooden huts and riding cows although i dun mind such a lifestyle.

i agree with your point that the rail system is inadequate, but it is there as it is and progress is being made...Why bother writing about stuff we already know and get another one me to reply.

Spare me the corruption ranting..please correlate GDP/economic growth with corruption perception index, no correlation plus even taiwan and south korea has had corruption during its boom years and possibly worse than malaysia in magnitude and damage..but they still where they are today? Please refer to a good post on this issue..exercize skit otak tu dr baca malaysiakini je
http://econsmalaysia.blogspot.com/20...er-income.html

Instead of complaining of what is not working...why not talk about whatnis working and progressing in Malaysia...if not..dont bother hanging around this forum..you should go to a forum called FORUM BANGUNAN TEERBENGKALAI DAN KTM KOMUTER ROSAK.

In reality, no country can emulate otehrs, evry country grow on its own accord, we are not singapore,taiwan or south korea..we cannot copy them 100 percent but try to learn from them..And we are.

You can be critical but be critical out of wisdom rather than impulse.
SgWay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #4093
kl 2020 ideas

Likes (Received): 0

delete
kl 2020 ideas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4094
kl 2020 ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgWay View Post

Sigh...another one....

bangkok MRT expanding every year? Are you serious. Then why the traffic jam there is so bad...after being sent there for work, i have no illusion that bangkom is a city with good rail transport plus Bangkokians love driving..they love driving cars and getting stuck in their cars and listen to a gamut of Thai radio stations.
The thing is, yes the truth is that Bangkok's MRT or at least one line extends every year. And well admit it, they are building all 10 lines by 2019. By the time, the SBK line and parts of the MRT 3 and the Circle Line is finished. And we are very slow that maybe a snail might laugh at us. And on the traffic part, please admit it that having a vast network transit does not necessary mean that traffic jams can be solved and could only minimise the traffic. Even New York have severe traffic jams every day. And the part of the radio stations is so off topic.
kl 2020 ideas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #4095
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 849

For Klang Valley, it needs to have at least another two LRT/MRT lines to sufficiently cover the metro area as backbone lines.

Then, PJ for example, should have its own monorail from north to south of PJ, so that PJ residents can switch between MRT, LRT and KTM. It will also relieve congestion within PJ which is getting worse. Another area which should require monorail as feeder line to backbone line (LRT/MRT) should be Kepong/Jinjang/Selayang area.

Considering more people moving to the south (Serdang, Sri Kembangan), a rail transit should be planned so that it will be easier to be built.

It will be necessary to upgrade KTM tracks to have 4 tracks, either by adding tracks or even building bypass line for long distance trains to Penang, JB etc. This will help Komuter to reach 5 minutes per train.
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #4096
SgWay

Likes (Received): 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl 2020 ideas View Post
The thing is, yes the truth is that Bangkok's MRT or at least one line extends every year. And well admit it, they are building all 10 lines by 2019. By the time, the SBK line and parts of the MRT 3 and the Circle Line is finished. And we are very slow that maybe a snail might laugh at us. And on the traffic part, please admit it that having a vast network transit does not necessary mean that traffic jams can be solved and could only minimise the traffic. Even New York have severe traffic jams every day. And the part of the radio stations is so off topic.
Pretty superlative to describe KL development..snail pace..seems you have no hope at all.....this attitude is indeed unsettlingn, comsidering KL is a relatively young city that emerged literally out of nowehere in the late 1890s,KL development is relatively fast pace and reactive to current needs, The SMART tunnel and MRT are proof that authorities are thinking about the futute needs of KL.we should settle with the the MRT lines before we think about the next 10 lines shall we? And i read bangkok post often and they also having funding problems for their MRT,so not a smooth ride for them either.

Bangkok is a bigger conurbation with bigger popuoation than KL and they need more rail transit as more Bangkokians are living in satellite cities and their bus services are already overloaded...IMO KLang Valley can cope when the three MRT lines are complete and the monorail and LRT lines expanded, after that KL shouod expand and augment its bus service or use BRT to comnnect pockets of urban centres to the rail lines.

@TWK90

i agree tha the KTM komuter lines shoudd be expanded agressively.i observe more KLites are living in outer selangor towns like kota puteri up to Kuala selangor around Klang and these aas are far enough to require rail access...currently we have LKSA to facilitate motorists from these area but as usual this higway will be congested in afew years and it'd be ideal to have some sort of mass rail transport from these area or at least more frequent express bus services.

Melbourne is a good example of a city with a comprehensove commuter rail system which KL shouod emulate.I am aleays amazed how accessible their commuterbtrains are.They have thousands of commuter from as far as Geelong commuting to Melburne, whichmis similar to Ipoh folks commuting to KL for work.

Last edited by SgWay; April 14th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
SgWay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #4097
KAQuah
KAQ

All these fall in vision of each countries leader's. Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia started from same base......

After 50 years past we can see and did observed by our self which countries are advance or behind.

Do your own judgement?

Anyway I am happy to be a Malaysian.

Last edited by KAQuah; April 14th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
KAQuah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #4098
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 67

Singapore with total population numbers slightly more than KL conurbation can get so many lines and developed public transportation, why not us?
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #4099
dean87
kedahsejahtera

Likes (Received): 1621

among the existing n proposals for the lrt/ktm stations, is there any 'park n ride' facility provided whether in surface parking form or multi-level structure?
dean87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4100
nazrey

can you guy give conclusion for integrated ticketing system in KL from now on
From what I know :
- new rapidkl bus ticketing scheme
- monorail and rapidkl lrt integrated ticketing
- touch n go - rapidkl lrt, bus/monorail/erl ...komuter ada guna TnG lagi tak?