daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > General Forums > Photo forums

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #161
KWT

Likes (Received): 1106

Anytime 7ayaty
KWT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #162
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 830

Old April 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #163
KWT

Kuwait

Old April 24th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #164
KWT

Kuwait II

Old April 24th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #165
KWT

Kuwait III

Old May 4th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #166
Yaghuth

Likes (Received): 706

thank you KWT ,,
you're doing great job here ..
Yaghuth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #167
KWT

Thanks Yaghuth, I appreciate that
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #168
KWT

Kuwait IV

al Ghanim Palace, destroyed by the Iraqis

image hosted on flickr
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #169
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 1715

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT View Post
Uuuh, is that so? So you get to draw the northern border of the Arabian Peninsula? And, pray tell, what does that border look like? Is it a straight line? If that's the case, then huge parts of northern Saudi Arabia would be left out and parts of Southern Iraq would be included in your version of the Peninsula. That's not how things work darling.

If you wanna be a smart ass and nit pick about everything, then technically the Arabian Peninsula is actually a sub-continent because it sits on its own techtonic plate, the Arabian Plate, and it extends all the way to sothern Turkey

It's really funny that only Iranians, and no one else, are obsessed with delegitimizing this, even though they have nothing to do with it.

Keep your issues to yourself please.

kthnxbi
issues?? you must be blind , that picture clearly says "PLATE", ARABIAN PENINSULA is NOT the same as ARABIAN PLATE

no matter how much you argue levantine countries will never be considered as part of the ARABIAN PENINSULA

i do not understand what is so hard to get here

[/URL]
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #170
KWT

I'll say it again, ISSUES...deal with them
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #171
SoroushPersepolisi

yea yea turkey syria and lebanon are all in the arabian peninsula, maybe england is too , who knows
these geography books and all are just a bunch of lies

[/URL]
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #172
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

I don't know what you're on about (again), the Syrian desert has been considered a part of Arabia throughout its history with the majority of historians calling it Arabia's northernmost border. No one here tried to include Lebanon or Turkey afaik, because unlike parts of Syria, those countries were never considered part of the Arabian Peninsula.

Something you seem to forget: today's political boundaries don't necessarily correspond to historical boundaries, especially not for a place like Arabia (which isn't represented by a modern encompassing state today).
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #173
KWT

OK, you know what, I'll play your stupid racist Iranian game...give me the exact latitudes and longitudes of where the Arabian Peninsula ends in the north AT THE TIME of Philip the Arab and Zenobia and Petra and Palmyra, and if you say the northern borders of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia then you're wrong, because, like many Iranians, you have issues and because these countries and their northern borders did not exist in 200 AD.

No one said the Levant is part of the Arabian Peninsula, learn how to read before you run your mouth. I'm talking about specific places in the southern deserts of the modern Levant that are part of a contiguous Arabian culture and geography. No one said that Beirut or Aleppo or Byblos were part of Arabia, these were Phoenician/Syriac-Aramaean cities but Hagar/Mada'in Saleh (modern KSA), Petra (modern Jordan), and Palmyra (modern Syria) etc. were definitely part of this contiguous cultural and geographic sphere of Arabia, whether you like it or not.

압둘라-爱- LOVE liked this post
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #174
KWT

You Iranians are so ready to JUMP aren't you?
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #175
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesch View Post
I don't know what you're on about (again), the Syrian desert has been considered a part of Arabia throughout its history with the majority of historians calling it Arabia's northernmost border. No one here tried to include Lebanon or Turkey afaik, because unlike parts of Syria, those countries were never considered part of the Arabian Peninsula.

Something you seem to forget: today's political boundaries don't necessarily correspond to historical boundaries, especially not for a place like Arabia (which isn't represented by a modern encompassing state today).
its not about political boundaries , its about the physical presence of syria in the arabian PENINSULA

KWT posts a picture of the arabian plate and equates it with the arabian peninsula, then mentions that it stretches to turkey aswell, meaning that u can consider turkey as a continuation of the arabian peninsula

[/URL]
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #176
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
OK, you know what, I'll play your stupid racist Iranian game...give me the exact latitudes and longitudes of where the Arabian Peninsula ends in the north AT THE TIME of Philip the Arab and Zenobia and Petra and Palmyra, and if you say the northern borders of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia then you're wrong, because, like many Iranians, you have issues and because these countries and their northern borders did not exist in 200 AD.

No one said the Levant is part of the Arabian Peninsula, learn how to read before you run your mouth. I'm talking about specific places in the southern deserts of the modern Levant that are part of a contiguous Arabian culture and geography. No one said that Beirut or Aleppo or Byblos were part of Arabia, these were Phoenician/Syriac-Aramaean cities but Hagar/Mada'in Saleh (modern KSA), Petra (modern Jordan), and Palmyra (modern Syria) etc. were definitely part of this contiguous cultural and geographic sphere of Arabia, whether you like it or not.
boy someone has insecurity issues, what does this have to do with me being iranian ? why do you keep mentioning that?

u post a picture of the plate then equate it with a peninsula thats has nothing with my so called "racist" games, i dont even know why you consider anything i said racist or you are even observing my criticism regarding geographical boundaries as a personal/racial insult to you

"stupid racist iranian games" ,coming from someone who probably goes along with the name "arabian gulf"

your taking this way to personally, and getting way of topic

its as if i have some plan of destroying your heritage

[/URL]
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #177
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
You Iranians are so ready to JUMP aren't you?
only if arabs jump with us

[/URL]
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #178
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
its not about political boundaries , its about the physical presence of syria in the arabian PENINSULA

KWT posts a picture of the arabian plate and equates it with the arabian peninsula, then mentions that it stretches to turkey aswell, meaning that u can consider turkey as a continuation of the arabian peninsula
Here's what everyone's been trying to tell you:

(Parts of) Syria have been physically present in the Arabian Peninsula for millennia. This really isn't disputable and I don't see a need to stretch it out even further.

Btw, KWT's probably the last guy to call the Persian Gulf "Arabian" or get worked up over such trivialities.
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #179
SoroushPersepolisi

if thats what hes saying then its totally fine, and correct, he should though express his words in a more defined order, rather than bringing up new concepts and related ideas on each of his posts

[/URL]
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #180
KWT

1. You didn't answer my question. What is the ancient border of Northern Arabia? Exactly, I want numbers. Because according to everyone else in the ancient world this was it (from wikipedia):
Quote:
Arabia Petraea: for the area that is today southern modern Syria, Jordan, the Sinai Peninsula and northwestern Saudi Arabia. It was the only one that became a province, with Petra as its capital.
2. Ask yourself why you and that other Iranian guy are so concerned about this issue, since you keep coming back to argue (and not read correctly)

PS: this isn't about the picture of the Arabian subcontinent, I only posted that to piss you off since ur so obsessed with nit picking

PPS: I'm actually one of the few Arabs who think it should be called the Persian Gulf