daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Low-Rise

Low-Rise projects with ten floors or less

Old August 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #801
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1414

I agree!!! OK I will!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #802
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 621

thx nazrey
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #803
tunomura

Likes (Received): 19

Base on news Damansara-Cheras line will be integrated with this NU Sentral..How about they build underground city same Osaka here..Hopefully they can rebuild KL Sentral Monorail Station as underground station and integrated with new line...
tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #804
nazrey

I hope the new subway station (KD-Cheras) maybe located around here >>
Photo taken from wikipedia

Old August 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #805
nazrey

What about kalau roboh stesen kl monorail itu !!!
dan kereta monorail harap terus masuk kat Nu Sentral saja pun ok dah tak payah masuk ke main terminal ...that must be really2 great!!!
from http://www.nano.gov.my/

Last edited by nazrey; August 16th, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #806
James Foong

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
What about kalau roboh stesen kl monorail itu !!!
dan kereta monorail harap terus masuk kat Nu Sentral saja pun ok dah ...that must be great!!!
KL monorail is just across the road. It is cost justified to move the station to further 20m into the mall when there isnt much impact to reduce the distance of sentral station to klmonorail? And thats too at the expanse of losing more retail space and income for the developer.
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #807
nazrey

But I think they can share on market segmentation between both owner of KL monorail and the Nu Sentral..that will makes more benefit between each others too!
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #808
nazrey

from flickr

Old August 16th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #809
lesart

Likes (Received): 7

I seriously hope that they can extend the monorail line by a few meter and place the station inside the Nu Sentral mall.

Current location of the station causes consistent traffic crawl at the Jln Brickfields because of the pedestrian crossing.
lesart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #810
James Foong

No worry. Future plan include a new pedestrian bridge (mall level 2) connecting to the existing monorail platform.
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM   #811
salemgh

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Foong View Post
No worry. Future plan include a new pedestrian bridge (mall level 2) connecting to the existing monorail platform.
Is there any place I could find plans on the pedestrian bridge connecting KL Monorail -> Nu Sentral -> KL Sentral?

I hope that the walkway from KL Monorail to KL Sentral is seamless does not require changing levels as people carrying suitcases will have a hard time. "Travelators" (automated horizontal metal carpets) could accelerate the migration from KL Monorail to KL Sentral... It's about damn time they make the connection easy.
Hopefully we won't have to walk through crowded shops and floors... Fingers crossed for an acceptable solution!
salemgh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #812
nazrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemgh View Post
Is there any place I could find plans on the pedestrian bridge connecting KL Monorail -> Nu Sentral -> KL Sentral?

I hope that the walkway from KL Monorail to KL Sentral is seamless does not require changing levels as people carrying suitcases will have a hard time. "Travelators" (automated horizontal metal carpets) could accelerate the migration from KL Monorail to KL Sentral... It's about damn time they make the connection easy.
Hopefully we won't have to walk through crowded shops and floors... Fingers crossed for an acceptable solution!
Floor plans connections:
photos taken from http://nusentral.com/

Quote:
Taken from http://www.monorails.org

Quote:
taken from wikipedia

Connect to the main terminal!!!

Quote:
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #813
patchay

Likes (Received): 962

I agree that a travellator is required to connect kl sentral - nu sentral - monorail.... and it must be air conditioned!!!

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #814
James Foong

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemgh View Post

I hope that the walkway from KL Monorail to KL Sentral is seamless does not require changing levels as people carrying suitcases will have a hard time.

This is how it goes.

Option 1:
Disembark from monorail and step onto the existing platform. Instead going down the escalator to road beneath, use the proposed pedestrian cross bridge from platform level to the mall level 2 (note; Nusentral marks it as Ground Level).

Shld you plan to klsentral stn, step into the mall entrance in front. Else, you can take escalator down to the road level.

Then, the entrance ll take you direct into the main concourse. Dont bother on the fancy shops, markdown sales and host of salesmen. Continue walk straight and you could smell fumes soon. The front automatic door open, and you see cars and buses whizzing past the road ahead. Before you cross, you might be interrupted by taxi touts if any. Once you make across, you are at klsentral station at level 1, the floor thats filled with kiosks and ticket counters. By that journey, you probably hv walk for 10minutes long.

Option 2:
Want more comfort in fully air-conditioned? Here you go. Disembark from monorail at existing platform level.

Walk across the same proposed pedestrian bridge to the mall level 2. Follow the crowd into the mall entrance and take escalator on your right to level 3 (Nusentral marks it as Concourse Level). Here you may find the ambience is conductive for a window shopping stroll, because of the lesser crowd. Howver, keep it in your mind that your mission is yet accomplished. So, stop busying around, and dont stray. Walk straight, pass the concourse and you could see a pedestrian bridge in front. An escalator ll takes you down to the klsentral stn level 1. That way, you dont hv to walk across the road beneath. But you probably make a longer journey time due to changing level.
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #815
salemgh

Quote:
This is how it goes.

Option 1:
Disembark from monorail and step onto the existing platform. Instead going down the escalator to road beneath, use the proposed pedestrian cross bridge from platform level to the mall level 2 (note; Nusentral marks it as Ground Level).

Shld you plan to klsentral stn, step into the mall entrance in front. Else, you can take escalator down to the road level.

Then, the entrance ll take you direct into the main concourse. Dont bother on the fancy shops, markdown sales and host of salesmen. Continue walk straight and you could smell fumes soon. The front automatic door open, and you see cars and buses whizzing past the road ahead. Before you cross, you might be interrupted by taxi touts if any. Once you make across, you are at klsentral station at level 1, the floor thats filled with kiosks and ticket counters. By that journey, you probably hv walk for 10minutes long.

Option 2:
Want more comfort in fully air-conditioned? Here you go. Disembark from monorail at existing platform level.

Walk across the same proposed pedestrian bridge to the mall level 2. Follow the crowd into the mall entrance and take escalator on your right to level 3 (Nusentral marks it as Concourse Level). Here you may find the ambience is conductive for a window shopping stroll, because of the lesser crowd. Howver, keep it in your mind that your mission is yet accomplished. So, stop busying around, and dont stray. Walk straight, pass the concourse and you could see a pedestrian bridge in front. An escalator ll takes you down to the klsentral stn level 1. That way, you dont hv to walk across the road beneath. But you probably make a longer journey time due to changing level.
I don't think I've been understood:

First of all, I've seen the NU Sentral plans. However, the floor plans fail to show the bridge from KL Monorail to NU Sentral but do show the bridge from NU Sentral to KL Sentral.
My question is simple: do you think that from KL Monorail through NU Sentral to KL Sentral there will be a travelator and that you won't have to change levels from KL Monorail to KL Sentral? That's the information I'm looking for. Do you think the planners will be that forward thinking?
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #816
salemgh

I'm sorry. I'm holding my horses here.
So level changing is indeed required to make the journey (all indoors and no road crossing) from KL Monorail to KL Sentral.

If so, this is extremely disappointing and incredible to know that even after years of complaints, the planners cannot accommodate KL Monorail users... huh!
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #817
James Foong

Yes, thing is there ll be no travelator. Sadly, this developer is too commercial driven. The only good thing they brought to this new development is the connecting bridge to monorail stn. But that has a single purpose, pull the crowd into the mall for their benefits.
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #818
tsim26

[/QUOTE]

why need a aircon new pedestrian bridge? this is a truly Malaysia standard of pedestrian link. naturally ventilated, can feel the rain & wind sometimes, can walk, can eat, can shop when walk from monorail to sentral station.

too bad, we all used to this kind of standard! all started with BAD planning at the initial stage.
tsim26 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #819
argory

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
This is how it goes.

Option 1:

Option 2:

In either case there is no provision for paid-area connections right? Even if ticketing was eventually integrated, you still have to disembark and embark again. And with the proposed U/G station, its going to be an utter embarassment.
argory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #820
tunomura

Likes (Received): 19

I think our main concern is to connect KL Monorail and KL Sentral..Nu Sentral is just an interceptor between these two station..
Bcoz of that I will stick on my suggestion they should build KL Monorail Station inside Nu Sentral or do it underground..Underground by mean, it will integrated with future Damansara-Cheras line.

The best example is Namba Station in Osaka, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namba_Station. In Osaka, there is lot subway line and they all interchange in this station. You can change your transit line within underground intergrated station without buying new ticket in order to change line. All you have to do is buying a ticket for you exact destination once a time...cheaper, simple and efficient.
tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote