daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 2nd, 2014, 03:55 AM   #1261
nonotz
Antek Changi

Likes (Received): 75

I had one day layover in Kuala lumpur earlier this year ,
I took the KL monorail earlier this year from KL sentral to bukit nanas and I overshoot a station since there is no announcement or some kind of LED that shows where there station is currently .

its an easy improvement and will benefit a lot of travelers .

I took the KL Express train for the first time as well , its comfy , cool and fast ... not to mention cheap... im happy with this one
nonotz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:55 AM   #1262
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 848

I understand that the Klang Valley MRT's rolling stock will be four-car trainsets, but, when demand dictates, will the trains expand to a greater number of cars based on demand or will they remain four-cars indefinitely? Also, I would like an estimate on how long the new MRT stations' platforms will be.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:29 AM   #1263
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

Likes (Received): 904

I'm not sure of any provision for longer trainsets, but they are already making provisions for higher frequency. The MRT will start out with trains coming in every 3.5 minutes, but the signalling will allow, from the onset, a 1.5 minute frequency.
georgiaame
Will Etihad do a bacon sandwich for that price? I didn't think so.

tullamarine I don't think Etihad (or Emirates for that matter) will do a bacon sandwich at any price!!! Qantas customers on Sydney/Melbourne-London lost bacon from the breakfast menu following the Emirates alliance.

BaconButty I finally understand the true horrors of globalization.
ScuderiaVincero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:56 PM   #1264
SgWay

Likes (Received): 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
I understand that the Klang Valley MRT's rolling stock will be four-car trainsets, but, when demand dictates, will the trains expand to a greater number of cars based on demand or will they remain four-cars indefinitely? Also, I would like an estimate on how long the new MRT stations' platforms will be.
The trains length are fixed at 89.1m, hence the platform should be about 90m. With a signalling system that can reduce frequency from 3 minutes to 90 seconds, i am informed from unofficial sources that the carrying capacity ranges from 20000pphd to 39600 pphd depending on arrivals frequency. Each trainset can carry 1200 passengers which is pretty ok and there will be 58 trainsets.
SgWay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:37 AM   #1265
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11224

Ampang Line to get first set of trains by Sept
By Elvina Fernandez | 28 February 2014| last updated at 11:52AM
ampang-line-to-get-first-set-of-trains-by-sept-1.494882

CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co Ltd chairman Zhou Qinghe exchanging memento with Prasarana board of directors Datuk Nor Azmal Mohd Nazir.
ZHUZHOU (CHINA): THE first set of six trains to operate in the Ampang Line extension project (LEP) will arrive in Malaysia by September.

The trains, manufactured by CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co Ltd, will be operating at 11 new stations, which are part of Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd’s light rail transit (LRT) extension project, said its project development division group director, Zulkifli Mohd Yusoff.

“The Ampang line overall project is 45 per cent completed and we are expecting to see the first phase on the go in October next year,” he said, adding thatthe construction of the line is about 22 per cent completed, while system works is about 30 per cent completed.

Zulkifli said the trains, with a maximum capacity of 1,100 passengers each, will undergo testing and commissioning for a period of six months.

Speaking to the visiting Malaysian media during a site visit and test drive at the factory here yesterday, he said 20 six-car trains will be bought to replace the existing ones, and another 30 will be for the extension line.

He said the 20 new trains cost RM376 million, while the 30 train sets will cost RM627 million.

“We forecast that the new set of trains will double passenger capacity from the current 200,000 people to 400,000 per day,” he said, adding that the train frequency will also be improved to 2.5 minutes.

He said the trains will have better features such as the closed circuit television cameras (CCTVs), special areas for disabled passengers and a dynamic display route system.

Acknowledging that the extension project is slightly behind time, Zulkifli said Prasarana is confident of meeting the March 2016 completion deadline.

The Ampang Line extension will run 17.7km with 11 stations from Sri Petaling through Kinrara to Putra Heights.

He said a research is ongoing following the request from residents in Shah Alam to set up a LRT line from Shah Alam to Klang.

Zulkifli also said that the bilateral cooperation between Malaysia and China will also move to a new level with the setting up of the CSR Rolling Stock Centre (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd CRCM at Batu Gajah.

“The hub is expected to be completed in September according to the CSR planning. Works are already in progress to complete the hub by year end.

“We are still discussing with CSR on the exact number of trains out of the 20 new trains arriving which can be assembled there,” he said.

He added that there is no number finalised but preliminary indications showed about six trains will be assembled there.

“The local requirements included employing locals as well as sourcing seats, handlers, CCTVs and LCD screens from local companies.”

CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co Ltd chairman Zhou Qinghe exchanging
memento with Prasarana board of directors Datuk Nor Azmal Mohd Nazir.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:21 AM   #1266
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 3171

Quote:
Stations can handle maximum of 4-car train set. Platform length is 120 m in elevated stations, but then the usable one, will be fitting for 4-car trainset.

The long term plan of increasing capacity is acquire more trains. The signalling system is designed for 96-second operation headway.
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 06:50 AM   #1267
Jim856796

I always thought the stations/platforms would be just 92 or 96 metres (which I think sounds compact if you're planning to have 1,200 passengers to a train).

Also, will the Ampang Line, the Kelang Jaya Line, and the three new MRT lines form some sort of "Unified Kuala Lumpur Metro" system?

Last edited by Jim856796; April 4th, 2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old April 4th, 2014, 07:12 AM   #1268
SgWay

Likes (Received): 802

Quote:
I always thought the stations/platforms would be just 92 or 96 metres (which I think sounds compact).

Also, will the Ampang Line, the Kelang Jaya Line, and the three new MRT lines form some sort of "Unified Kuala Lumpur Metro" system?
Correct.The Kelana Jaya Line, Ampang Line, Monorail and MRT lines will be fully integrated under the RapidKL brand. Users in the Klang Valley uses a standardized MyRapid contactless card, single journey tokens or a monthly pass to use all RapidKL rail systems and bus service. There is another commuter rail service KTM Komuter which is a separate rail service under different company but still government owned like RapidKL,interestingly, the KTM komuter is in the process of installing the same contactless card and token system currently used by RapidKl, hence thre is hope for KTM komuter to be integrated properly into Rapidkl network in the future.

Last edited by SgWay; April 4th, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
SgWay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 03:22 AM   #1269
nazrey

DSC00402.JPG by =AMANGOD=, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ghanmania/13937272905

givary98, aquaticko liked this post

Last edited by nazrey; April 19th, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old April 18th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #1270
nazrey

NEW INTERCHANGE STATIONS WITH MRT SUNGAI BULOH-KAJANG LINE
@ SUNGAI BULOH (MRT-KTM KOMUTER)

image hosted on flickr

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...mac14/e_1a.jpg

@ KL SENTRAL (MRT-ERL, LRT2, KTM KOMUTER, MONORAIL)

image hosted on flickr

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/u_21d.jpg

@ PASAR SENI (MRT-LRT KELANA JAYA LINE)

image hosted on flickr

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/u_22b.jpg

@ BUKIT BINTANG (MRT-MONORAIL)

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...eb14/u_24a.jpg

@ MALURI (MRT-LRT AMPANG LINE)

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/u_28b.jpg

@ KAJANG (MRT-KTM KOMUTER)

image hosted on flickr

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/e_45b.jpg
Old April 18th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #1271
nazrey

MRT SUNGAI BULOH-KAJANG LINE

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/e_30a.jpg

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/e_31b.jpg

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/e_32f.jpg
Old April 18th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #1272
nazrey

SEMANTAN PORTAL

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...an14/u_20c.jpg

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...an14/u_20a.jpg

MALURI PORTAL

http://mymrt.com.my/cms/upload_files...ac14/u_29d.jpg
Old April 19th, 2014, 10:11 AM   #1273
nazrey

LRT Kelana Jaya Line Extension

image hosted on flickr

Quote:
Kelana Jaya Line Existing Interchange Stations
- Masjid Jamek station (LRT KJ line - LRT Ampang line)
- KL Sentral station (LRT KJ line - KTM, ERL, monorail)

New Kelana Jaya Line Interchange Stations
Note: new station
- Pasar Seni station (LRT KJ line - MRT Kajang line)
- Subang Jaya station (LRT KJ line - KTM Komuter Port Klang line)
- Putra Heights station (LRT KJ line - LRT Ampang line)
Subang Jaya station

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK90 View Post
7/4/2014

Putra Heights station

http://borneotip.blogspot.com/2013/0...ect-putra.html

Last edited by nazrey; April 20th, 2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old April 19th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #1274
nazrey

LRT Ampang Line Extension

Quote:
Ampang Line Existing Interchange Stations
- Masjid Jamek station (LRT Ampang line - LRT KJ line)
- Hang Tuah station (LRT Ampang line - monorail line)
- Bandar Tasik Selatan (LRT Ampang line - ERL, KTM Komuter Seremban line)

New Ampang Line Interchange Stations
Note: new station
- Maluri station (LRT Ampang line - MRT Kajang line)
- Putra Heights station (LRT Ampang line - LRT KJ line)
Putra Heights station

Last edited by nazrey; April 20th, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old April 20th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #1275
Jim856796

How are the Ampang Line and the Kelana Jaya Line named "LRT" if it's a folly grade-separated metro? Is it the lower passenger capacity than the planned MRT lines or any other reason?

Last edited by Jim856796; April 20th, 2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old April 20th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #1276
paeh

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
How are the Ampang Line and the Kelana Jaya Line named "LRT" if it's a folly grade-separated metro? Is it the lower passenger capacity than the planned MRT lines or any other reason?
i need other forumers to give details here hehe. To be technically correct our LRT is not a normal LRT per se. It is more like a medium rail transit as it has the capacity between a conventional LRT and MRT. More like some of singapores MRT lines.
paeh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #1277
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

You're right in that both Kelana Jaya and Ampang/Sri Petaling Line trains are medium capacity models. Also, in Malaysia, there's no distinction between grade separated and non-grade separated rail lines, because the latter doesn't exist here in Malaysia; all rail based public transport is grade separated.
georgiaame

tullamarine I don't think Etihad (or Emirates for that matter) will do a bacon sandwich at any price!!! Qantas customers on Sydney/Melbourne-London lost bacon from the breakfast menu following the Emirates alliance.

Old April 21st, 2014, 08:08 AM   #1278
johnsonooi

Likes (Received): 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaVincero View Post
You're right in that both Kelana Jaya and Ampang/Sri Petaling Line trains are medium capacity models. Also, in Malaysia, there's no distinction between grade separated and non-grade separated rail lines, because the latter doesn't exist here in Malaysia; all rail based public transport is grade separated.
Not really. for those KTM lines at East Coast and Sabah, I believe they still needed to be grade separated
johnsonooi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 08:21 AM   #1279
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

I stand corrected. That said, the railway lines in Sabah aren't KTM owned are they?
georgiaame

Old April 21st, 2014, 09:14 AM   #1280
Jim856796

Did I say "grade-separated"? I meant "free of level crossings". Also, I think that on the two existing LRT lines, they'd have to get some trains whose lengths can almost match the length of the stations' platforms (~90 m for the Ampang Line and ~80 m for the Kelana Jaya Line), and reduce frequencies to just a couple minutes between trains or around 30 trains per hour.

Tags
kuala lumpur