daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 24th, 2015, 09:06 PM   #1441
Azrain98
catlover

Likes (Received): 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelurArong View Post
Finally.

https://www.facebook.com/mrtunderground

Breakthrough Finale of the World's First Variable Density TBM in Pasar Seni Station marked the completion of tunnelling works for the Klang Valley MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line (SBK Line).

This TBM covered the longest drive of 4.4km among the eight TBMs used for the SBK Line. It broke through at three stations - Tun Razak Exchange (TRX), Bukit Bintang and Merdeka before reaching Pasar Seni. The tunnel it excavated will accommodate trains heading north towards Sungai Buloh. In total, it had built 3,039 rings.

congrats!

dimlys1994 liked this post
Azrain98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2015, 11:55 AM   #1442
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11200

Future KV transit map

Mo_Hy, VECTROTALENZIS liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:51 AM   #1443
XNeo

Likes (Received): 232

KL Monorail

frm nazrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16435731869
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2015, 05:03 PM   #1444
nazrey

LRT Ampang Line extension progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongugu View Post
Bandar Kinrara Station progress

IMG_3364 by mice_eddie, on Flickr

IMG_3366 by mice_eddie, on Flickr
Old May 8th, 2015, 01:14 PM   #1445
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4381

KUALA LUMPUR MRT Train design by BMW Group Designworks

@ SG. Buloh Depot

[IMG]http://i58.************/2vjr1uc.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.************/1s1cwo.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i61.************/2j6779c.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i57.************/2u9tlxc.png[/IMG]
source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/KVMRT...98895516847680

World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 05:14 PM   #1446
nazrey

MRT2 (Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya) and LRT3 (Subang Jaya-Shah Alam-Klang) are coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
MRT2 contracts to be awarded by 4Q
Posted on March 31, 2015, Tuesday
http://www.theborneopost.com/2015/03...awarded-by-4q/

KUCHING: Construction works on the RM23 billion Mass Rapid Transit Line 2 (MRT 2) is reportedly due to be awarded from fourth quarter of 2015 (4Q15) onwards.

AmResearch Sdn Bhd (AmResearch) highlighted that while details are still being finalised, the second Klang Valley MRT line will link up Sungai Buloh and Putrajaya (via Serdang).

The project’s groundbreaking ceremony should be executed by the first quarter of 2016.

Indeed, the pre-qualification exercise to shortlist the prospective bidders will commence from the third quarter of 2015 onwards. The bidders will be screened based on technical know-how as well as financial standing.

“From our channel checks, the rollout of the MRT 2 line is believed to have been pushed-back by circa three to six months as some changes had to be made within the route’s southern path to incorporate the new Bandar Malaysia station.

“While we opine that existing contractors for the MRT 1 line works could have the slight edge to secure jobs for the MRT 2 line, we believe competition will likely remain keen,” said the research house.

“We nevertheless believe that the major work packages such as the tunnelling contracts, will only be dished out from mid-2016 onwards and ahead of the project’s completion in 1H of 2022.

“For now, we believe the MMC-Gamuda joint venture (JV) are firm candidates for the tunnelling portion of the MRT 2 line, having bagged the PDP role with the contract set to be signed by mid-2015.”

The JV is also the PDP and tunnelling contractors for MRT 1 line, and has the added advantage of redeploying its existing ten sets of tunnel boring machines (TBM) for the upcoming MRT line bids.

In addition, the research house understand that it is the only local contractor that is qualified to tender for the underground works package based on track record.

Likewise, the building material players could see renewed multi-year order flows when construction works accelerate.

Along with the Klang LRT 3 project, the MRT 2 project should galvanise newsflow momentum for Malaysian contractors moving into 2Q15. The unveiling of the 11th Malaysia Plan (11MP) later this year should also provide fresh orderbook prospects for Malaysian contractors.
Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/myrapid/pho...type=1&theater

LRT 3 proposal put on display for public feedbacks
BY PRIYA MENON -Tuesday May 12, 2015 MYT 2-50-19 PM
http://www.thestar.com.my/Metro/Comm...lic-feedbacks/

The proposed LRT 3 alignment plan, running from Bandar Utama to Klang, will be put on display for public feedbacks from Friday.

It will be put up for three months at seven locations - Shah Alam City Council, Petaling Jaya City Council, Public Land Transportation Commission office in Platinum Sentral, Klang Municipal Council and the Kelana Jaya, Masjid Jamek and Pasar Seni LRT stations - from 9am to 5pm on weekdays.

It will showcase the 36km line along with the 25 stations that would be constructed along the track. Construction is scheduled to start in 2016 and will take four years to complete.

Some 2mil people are expected to benefit from the services by 2025.

Prasarana is will review the feedbacks they received from the public.
Old May 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #1447
skyshakernowlive
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

KL is progressing well! I find the system to be superior to all SEA metros except SG. Can someone explain the difference between MRT, LRT, Monorail, Komuter, and others?
As far as I know, monorail is self explaining while komuter is similar to RER or Cross rail.
skyshakernowlive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:41 PM   #1448
naimabep

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshakernowlive View Post
KL is progressing well! I find the system to be superior to all SEA metros except SG. Can someone explain the difference between MRT, LRT, Monorail, Komuter, and others?
As far as I know, monorail is self explaining while komuter is similar to RER or Cross rail.
MRT and LRT is generic terms for mass transit, it depends on how many people can fit into a train. MRT Sungai Buloh - Kajang Line is 1200, Ampang LRT Line more or less the same and Kelana Jaya Line is around 1000 for the 4 cars formation. Yes Komuter more or less like RER with 6 cars and 15 minutes duration. I think covered your question if you have some more I'm glad to help.

naimabep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 11:05 PM   #1449
skyshakernowlive
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naimabep View Post
MRT and LRT is generic terms for mass transit, it depends on how many people can fit into a train. MRT Sungai Buloh - Kajang Line is 1200, Ampang LRT Line more or less the same and Kelana Jaya Line is around 1000 for the 4 cars formation. Yes Komuter more or less like RER with 6 cars and 15 minutes duration. I think covered your question if you have some more I'm glad to help.

I understand Komuter, and I think further RER style lines should be built.

However, why desperate MRT and LRT? What is the difference?

Concerning KL, I find KL Sentral to be a wonderful station! Easy transit and good onward connections, but the monorail is far.

In the future, they should focus on RER and suburban rail. MRT can wait, LRT should be left to the suburban city centers.
Old May 13th, 2015, 05:02 PM   #1450
nazrey

KTM KOMUTER UPDATE:
KTM Komuter is a commuter train service in Malaysia operated by Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTMB). The first double tracking and electrified suburban commuter rail service in Malaysia was began in 1995.
[1995] KTM Komuter (Port Klang Line)
UPDATE 2015: Port Klang-Batu Caves - 52km, 27 stations
- Additional 1,100 parking bays, including park and ride facilities at Klang.
- KTM Komuter stations will also be upgraded this year (2015) namely Kg. Raja Uda, Teluk Pulai, Bukit Badak, Seri Setia
- Subang Jaya station will undergo a major facelift
- KTM Komuter Port Klang line extension (Subang Jaya-Subang Skypark) 8.15km (U/C)

Morning Commute KTM Komuter by Khairil Yusof, on Flickr

Quote:
Batu Caves station

KTM Komuter SCS21, Batu Caves by Howard Pulling, on Flickr

Port Klang station

KTM Komuter SCS30, Port Klang by Howard Pulling, on Flickr
[1995] KTM Komuter (Seremban Line)
UPDATE 2015: 105km, 23 stations
- Additional 1,100 parking bays, including park and ride facilities at Serdang, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- Mid Valley station will undergo a major facelift
[2007] KTM Komuter (Rawang-Tanjung Malim Shuttle Route)
UPDATE 2015: 53km, 5 stations
Quote:
Tanjung Malim station

Tg. Malim KTM Station by RUDOLF ALFRED, on Flickr
Flatforms 1 & 2 TM by maarofkassim, on Flickr
[2011] KTM Komuter (Seremban Line extension to Sungai Gadut)
UPDATE 2015: 8.5km, 2 stations
Quote:
Sungai Gadut station

sungai gadut by zkeretapi, on Flickr
Old May 13th, 2015, 06:35 PM   #1451
naimabep

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
I understand Komuter, and I think further RER style lines should be built.

However, why desperate MRT and LRT? What is the difference?

Concerning KL, I find KL Sentral to be a wonderful station! Easy transit and good onward connections, but the monorail is far.

In the future, they should focus on RER and suburban rail. MRT can wait, LRT should be left to the suburban city centers.
its just marketing push, and because it sounds more marketable. plus we, Malaysian (or it just me?) like to compared ourselves with our neighbors especially SG because of the efficiency and effectiveness of the transit system over there. we try to emulate them in KL and other urban areas. in the KL Sentral masterplan the monorail should able to go through the current shopping mall and it will easier for commuters to changes line. but yet as you know in business where the money comes first. thank god the monorail construction is finished so that we will not face the rising sun over our head.
naimabep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 07:25 PM   #1452
nazrey

KL Sentral Monorail station

141007 Exploring nu Sentral 8 by Haris Abdul Rahman, on Flickr

DSC_0044 copy by atifnadzir, on Flickr

http://pantip.com/topic/32025093

http://pantip.com/topic/32025093

Kuala Lumpur Central - Work in Progress by vedd edd, on Flickr

Quote:

lkstrknb liked this post
Old May 13th, 2015, 10:26 PM   #1453
skyshakernowlive
BANNED

I dislike where they have placed that monorail station. KL Senteal itself has outstanding interchange walks, but this station is practically a few blocks away, beyond a mall and a road!

I also wouldn't advocate a monorail again and I'd push for MRT.
Old May 14th, 2015, 06:23 AM   #1454
nazrey

Monorail entrance from the main terminal

Quote:
Old May 14th, 2015, 06:26 AM   #1455
AsHalt

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
I dislike where they have placed that monorail station. KL Senteal itself has outstanding interchange walks, but this station is practically a few blocks away, beyond a mall and a road!

I also wouldn't advocate a monorail again and I'd push for MRT.
They (SPAD's older brother) are more of a build first ,than plan kind of guy, so.....
AsHalt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 04:07 AM   #1456
Syazh

Likes (Received): 2

Another thing that SPAD or operators need to look to enhance the look of their services is through station signage and branding. Most of our stations signage are either too small and hard to notice at all. It is there but look like it wasnt. I urged the authority to look further to enhance the signage directions and emphasize so that people or especially the new comers wont have the hassle to keep searching while the fact that the stations are in front of them already. Say for example SG, the MRT signboard are nearly everywhere around the vicinity of the station.
Syazh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 06:43 PM   #1457
World 2 World

Old May 21st, 2015, 03:29 PM   #1458
World 2 World

KL BRT - Sunway Line.

by damaihati

source: MyRapid

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:41 AM   #1459
World 2 World

Kuala Lumpur BRT - Sunway Line service takes off.

by wannor

by timeoutkl

by fame

dimlys1994, sc4, phoenixboi08 liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2015, 08:32 PM   #1460
sc4

Likes (Received): 88

Feels and rides like a LRT huh....really silent electric buses....gonna try the free ride soon.....
sc4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
kuala lumpur