SkyscraperCity Forum banner

HURGHADA | Hurghada International Airport | Terminal 2 | 7.5mn passengers | $300mn | Completed

49K views 99 replies 18 participants last post by  Azmat 
#1 · (Edited)
okey, here what wikipedeia say's

Future Developments

• Construction of a new terminal at a cost of $300 million with an annual passenger capacity of 7.5 million. The planned opening date is 2011.
  • Construction of a second 4,000m runway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurghada_International_Airport#Future_Developments

and two excuslive pictures I found hanging around :p

Edit 1: Photo found by karimmansour92,

Edit 2: Photo found by UAE_isthebest,

القاهرة: اعتمدت الشركة المصرية للمطارات والملاحة الجوية خطة شاملة لتطوير مطار الغردقة الدولي بتكلفة اجمالية تصل إلى 155 مليون دولار.

وكما ورد بصحيفة الرأى العام الكويتية، فقد كشف مصدر مسؤول بالشركة في تصريحات له أن الخطة تشمل إقامة مبنى جديد للركاب في مطار الغردقة الدولي وتشييد ممر جديد بالمطار.

وقال إن إنشاء المبنى الجديد لمطار الغردقة يأتي في إطار مخطط الشركة لتطوير المطارات المصرية، موضحاً أن تكلفة إقامة المبنى الجديد ستبلغ 155 مليون دولار منها ما قيمته 35 مليون دولار بالعملة المحلية، وأن تكلفة الممر الجديد ستصل إلى حوالى 62 مليون دولار، وسيكون التمويل لهما تمويلاً محلياً.

وأضاف، إن الطاقة الاجمالية لمطار الغردقة تصل إلى 4.5 مليون راكب سنوياً، وأن المبنى الجديد سيساعد على زيادة الطاقة الاجمالية للمطار إلى نحو 7.5 مليون راكب سنوياً.

وأشار إلى أن الممر الجديد المقرر انشاؤه سيبلغ طوله نحو 4 كيلو مترات وعرضه 60 متراً وسيكون قادراً على استقبال كافة أنواع الطائرات بما فيها الطائرة العملاقة الجديدة ايرباص 280.
and wikipdeia in arabic have more information.

مشروعات مستقبلية

إ
  • نشاء مبنى ركاب جديد لخدمة الرحلات الدولية و المحلية بقدرة استيعابية 7.5 مليون راكب , و إنشاء مدرج جديد للطائرات بطول 4 كم موازى للمدرج الحالى لخدمة أحدث الطائرات .
  • يتكون المبنى من 3 طوابق بمساحة اجمالية حوالي 90.000 متر مربع ( بطول حوالي 750 متر و عرض 135 و ارتفاع 20 متر ) , و يوفر المبنى فصل تام بين المغادرين و القادمين و يحتوى على كافة الصالات و الخدمات لتأمين راحة الركاب و الزائرين . و يضم المبنى الجديد 11 بوابة مغادرة متصلة بالطائرات بواسطة جسور مباشرة إلى جانب 9 بوابات مغادرة لخدمة الطائرات البعيدة بواسطة حافلات .
  • يضم المبنى الجديد 72 كاونتر حجوزات لتسجيل المغادرين و استلام الحقائب بالإضافة إلى 2 كاونتر لخدمة الامتعة كبيرة الحجم , منها: 18 كاونتر لتوثيق جوازات الركاب المغادرين و 16 كاونتر لتوثيق جوازات الركاب القادمين , و يضم أيضا نظام نقل حقائب آلى يحتوى على 6 سيور لنقل أمتعة الركاب المغادرين , و 9 سيور كهربائية لاستلام أمتعة الركاب القادمين .
  • 5 مراحل أمنية لمراقبة امتعة المسافرين طبقا لاحدث المعايير العالمية . كما تم تامين طريق سيارات منفصل للسفر و الوصول على مستويين و أماكن لانتظار عدد حوالي 115 حافلة و 85 سيارة إلى جانب أماكن صف الحافلات و السيارات على رصيف المبنى بطول 325 متر .

I don't know that is all what I can find for now.

BTW new 4000 runway YAY!!!! look like the A380 going to arrive at Hurghada soon :D the design look GOOD, but I would like to see more view a video would rock :p

See less See more
#2 ·
ARGHHH, can a mod change the title for me to

"HURGHADA || Hurghada International Airport || Terminal 2 & New Runway || Approved"

#3 ·
WOW :eek:

That is an amazing Airport!! Its is definitely the best Airport design in Egypt!! :banana:

Here is the above translate:

Cairo: Egyptian Company for Airports and air navigation plan for the development of Hurghada International Airport at a total cost of up to $ 155 million.

As the Kuwaiti Al-Rai, an official source has revealed the company told him that the plan include the establishment of a new building for passengers in the Hurghada International Airport and the construction of a new runway at the airport.

The establishment of the new terminal building at the airport of Hurghada is part of the company's plan to develop Egyptian airports, adding that the cost of establishing the new building would be $ 155 million, including $ 35 million in local currency, and that the cost of the new amount to some $ 62 million, and funding will have funding locally.

He added that the total capacity of Hurghada Airport is up to 4.5 million passengers annually, and that the new building will help to increase the total capacity of the airport to about 7.5 million passengers annually.

He pointed out that the new runway will be long, about 4 kilometers and 60 meters in width and will be able to receive all types of aircraft including the new superjumbo Airbus A380.

• Building a new passenger service to international and domestic flights with a capacity of 7.5 million passengers, and the establishment of a new runway length of 4 km parallel to the runway for the current latest service aircraft.
  • Building consists of 3 floors with a total area of about 90,000 square meters (total length of 750 meters and display 135 and a height of 20 meters), and the building provides a complete separation between departures and arrivals, and contains all the terminals and services to ensure the comfort of passengers and visitors. And the new building houses 11 gates to leave the aircraft by bridges connected directly to the gates by 9 to leave the service of aircraft by remote buses.
  • The building houses 72 new Counter bookings for the registration of departures and baggage in addition to the counter to serve 2 large luggage, including: 18 Counter to authenticate passports of departing passengers and 16 counters to authenticate passports arriving passengers, and also includes a system of bags to contain the 6 belts to move the luggage of departing passengers, and 9 electric conveyor to receive passengers arriving baggage.
  • 5 stages of the security control of passengers luggage, according to the latest international standards. Has been secured through a separate car to travel and access on two levels and places to wait for the number of about 115 buses and 85 cars as well as places of row buses and cars on the quay length of 325 meters of the building.
:cheers:

Okay, there are some things we need to know now:

1. What is the status of this project?
2. When is the completion date?
3. Who is the Contractor and/or Architect, so we can get more information and more renders

#4 ·
Entrance of the new Terminal

We thought this was the new terminal 2 building for Cairo Airport but is the new Hurghada airport terminal. Weird that this image is placed at the Terminal 2 project at cairo-airport.com :nuts:

But i really like this terminal design. Looks more modern than Cairo Terminal 3. Why didn't Sharm el sheikh airport build a terminal like this with jetbridges? a bit weird because there are more annual passengers at Sharm then Hurghada. But the new third terminal at Sharm el sheikh should be opened somewhere in 2012/2013. The new Terminal at Sharm el sheikh doubles the airport capacity so it's going to be a big terminal! :D

#5 ·
Really?? Wow. I was wondering, that doesnt look like an entrance that could be applied to the CAI T2 building. Now thats explained :D

And yes indeed, I think Sharm has bigger demand. BUT There are plans for a Sharm Terminal 3, maybe that will have jetbridges :dunno:

#6 ·
wait wait wait, I read article sharm's new terminal they said they still discussing it and the construction wont go b4 2012

UAE_isthebest are you sure that pictures is found in cairo airport, OMG this might mean my renders are for TB for Cairo airport not Hurghada ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#7 ·
Noo, he was only talking about this picture:

We all thought that was for Cairo T2, but its not, its for this Hurghada Terminal.

As a summary, ALL the renders in this thread are for the Hurghada Airport Terminal 2 Project

#9 ·
It's a mistake, that enterance would not even fit in Cairo T2, look at the Hurghada renders and you will see the enterance fits perfectly.

All the renders in this thread belong to Hurghada Terminal 2 Project

#11 ·
egypt69... that's 100% sure. all renders are of the new Hurghada terminal 2! Cairo terminal 2 has a very, very different design and this terminal doesn't fit next to Cairo Terminal 3.

#12 ·
Still, I am not sure they can do all sort of stuff and make it fit hehehe, but yeah here is a render for the new run way, it's the one coming from the right

#14 ·
This is not Hurghada airport. It is Marsa Matruh airport. The runway numbers are not identical to Hurghada airport. And i can see an airport code in that picture it's HEMM and thats the airport code of Mersa Matruh airport.

#15 ·
got that :D

Commercial International Bank (CIB) will lead a consortium of five banks that will extend an LE 1.08 billion loan to the Bin Laden Group to partly finance the establishment of a new airport in Hurghada.

The project is expected to have a total investment cost of LE 1.7 billion.

CIB and Arab African International Bank will jointly finance 43.7 percent of the loan (LE 473.5 million).

The five banks include Arab African International Bank, Egyptian Saudi Finance Bank, Egyptian Export Development Bank, Banque du Caire and United Bank. –Al-Mal

#18 ·
^^ I already knew that but when i saw there name I said nahhhh that can't be true they wont believe me :D

EDIT:

karimmansour92 Thanks Alot.

#19 ·
Thanks for the contributions guys :eek:kay:

And uae_isthebest, you don't know the BinLaden group? Its actually one of the biggest companies in the region, and the BinLaden family are extremely rich, its also a HUGE family. Yes, they are realated to Ossama, but he left them ages ago, and the BinLaden family are peaceful.

#25 ·
lmao, but srsly he will come over and through an atomic boom on you cause you was with his neice, no joke I know him in real and where he is. he talk to me daily :p

#27 ·
TBH I suggest, to stop talking about this people watching us and we going to either get suspected or people will follow us, imagine you going school with a shadow hehehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.