daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #261
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

That "nightmarket" in Wangfujing is a fake nightmarket. Its just there to give tourists a false sense of "authentic Beijing" Authentic Beijing food is KFC in a shopping mall.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #262
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Likes (Received): 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
Great shots.. ahaha your plane taxid all the way from T1 runways to T2? How long did that take XD
It felt like it was taxiing forever.
15 minutes maybe?

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam
shyaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #263
Fox-Tale

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
Can I ask what percentage of Japanese people holds the same view? (sorry I don't intent to offend) Like ideas that China is scary and dirty and backwards and such.
My comments are my own personal ideas/views and it has nothing to do with ideas of other Japanese. You should not take it as a representative comment of Japan. I have no idea how many percentage or whatsoever since I'm not even interested in other Japanese's views. (We are not a totalitarian country after all, everybody is supposed to have different views/ideas.)

And I never said it was dirty or backwards or scary. I just asked him the questions that many foreign visitors will have.
Fox-Tale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #264
Fox-Tale

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyaman View Post
Beijing was cloudless and had blue skies during my entire stay there. I was also expecting reduced visibility due to smog but surprisingly it was not the case. Must be the weather...

Shanghai on the other hand is really smoggy. This will be very evident on my upcoming posts.
I see! I would like to visit Beijing in the future!
The Beijing Egg building photos are super beautiful like CG...

Waiting for your great Shanghai pics!

Last edited by Fox-Tale; February 10th, 2010 at 01:28 AM.
Fox-Tale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #265
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

You are so lucky to have that weather in Beijing. I lived in Beijing in 2008 and early 2009, and I noticed a great improvement in the air quality after the olympics. Right now Shanghai is in the Expo building rush, they have 3 months left and a lot of work to do, so I doubt that there will be a clear day here until May. The rain and cold probably isn't helping either.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #266
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Lucky indeed. Thinking about the pictures I saw of Beijing before the olympics, I was actually expecting a similar scenario - a city engulfed in smog. But the city now, or at least at the time I was there (it may be a different story at other times of the year), is devoid of smog.

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #267
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

INSIDE SHANGHAI'S PUDONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Boarding area concourse

shyaman's travels
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #268
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Airport terminal ceilings are always different... I think it defines the uniqueness of each modern airport terminal.

shyaman's travels
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #269
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Baggage claim hall

Arrival hall

Food court

shyaman's travels
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #270
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

The super-fast Maglev train, is a German-built "magnetically levitated" train that travels roughly 30 km from Pudong airport to Shanghai's eastern suburbs. From there, you can catch a subway to the city center.

The train travels the 30 km distance at a maximum speed of 430 kph with considerable smoothness and limited noise.

A counter in each carriage tells you how fast you are actually going. At the time I took the ride, the train was only running at 300 kph. No one seems to be in a hurry

shyaman's travels
Old February 10th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #271
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

i guess you take maglev,i am right.
Old February 10th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #272
bonivison

Likes (Received): 49

maglev only 301km/h????????
Old February 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #273
Celebriton

Likes (Received): 481

WOW! I never saw a photo of Shanghai Airport at night. It's extremely beautiful!
Celebriton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #274
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
i guess you take maglev,i am right.
That's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonivison View Post
maglev only 301km/h????????
Yeah, for some reason it did not run its peak speed of 430 kph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebriton View Post
WOW! I never saw a photo of Shanghai Airport at night. It's extremely beautiful!
I actually like Shanghai's Pudong International more than the new Beijing Capital Airport.

shyaman's travels
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #275
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
Can I ask what percentage of Japanese people holds the same view? (sorry I don't intent to offend) Like ideas that China is scary and dirty and backwards and such.
Funny you mention this. A Japanese friend of mine was visiting me here in Germany and talking about other Asian countries than Japan or South Korea, she told me, that Japanese people find China backwards, dirty and smelly. And that they would wear masks covering their mouth and nose, while traveling there. She said it very earnestly and without any hatred towards China or something like that.
As a European who was never in Asia, I was suprised hearing something like that. I actually never thought that modern China and modern Japan would be so far apart...
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #276
deangels

Likes (Received): 3

one of my japanese friend visted me in Dalian city China last year, then we were heading the way to beijing for a biz trip, he was also surprised and kept on asking me " why is Beijing so clean"? ,,,erh,,,,,(without any hatred towards china),he also told me that he would just take off his mask only exept for passing korean restaurant to aviod the smell of Kimchi ..........(also without any harted towards korea). i did not explain him though..as i do not know the reason either why beijing look clean or many japanese have the same point of view on other asian countries,
deangels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #277
deangels

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyaman View Post
I actually like Shanghai's Pudong International more than the new Beijing Capital Airport.
yes, the terminals in shanghai pudong airport are bright while beijing 's is a bit magniloquent.
deangels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #278
ukiyo
スーパーモデレーターSuper Moderator

Likes (Received): 10672

This thread is very wonderful! I want to see alot of Shanghai, I'm really interested in that city!

Last edited by ukiyo; February 11th, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #279
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Likes (Received): 119

Why does it matter what the people in Japan think about China. The real concern that should be addressed is What do the people in China think about the very country that they are living in ?
snow is red no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:11 AM   #280
bonivison

Likes (Received): 49

[QUOTE=shyaman;51684099]That's right.

Yeah, for some reason it did not run its peak speed of 430 kph.

I thought it was the fastest in China, but if it is 310, it's too slow for maglev