daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:10 AM   #141
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Likes (Received): 1313

Departure level

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam
shyaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:16 AM   #142
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Check-in area

Electronic check-in for those without check-in baggage

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:25 AM   #143
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Passport control and customs

The long walk to the boarding gates…

Boarding areas

shyaman's travels
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:35 AM   #144
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Neat toilet

Airport express train terminal lobby

Express train to the city

shyaman's travels
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:47 AM   #145
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

very nice, you have a nice camera
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:25 AM   #146
Celebriton

Likes (Received): 481

Incredible! By seeing your photos, I almost feel I was there.

I can't wait to see another photos. Try to increase the rate.
Celebriton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM   #147
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

Awesome and detailed photos, the toilet looks amazing... must be pretty brave to take that shot XD
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:12 AM   #148
Jfun
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

VERY GREAT TRIP
Jfun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 11:55 AM   #149
7freedom7
Ill get 6 pack abs

Likes (Received): 412

Great pics, the ones of Beijing airport T3 really jump out at me, especially the toilet pics. Because those remind me how lucky I was there last summer, I lost my phone in one of toilets but later on the airport assistance informed me one of their cleaners found it
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:50 AM   #150
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Just found out that at more than 900,000 sq.m. of floor space, Beijing Capital Airport's Terminal 3 is currently the biggest airport terminal in the world. How cool is that!

Since more peeps really wanted to see bigger sized photos, I'll upsize the photos in my next posts. As a consequence though, some who have slow internet connections will have to bear having to load the page for a longer time.

shyaman's travels
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #151
Celebriton

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freedom7 View Post
Great pics, the ones of Beijing airport T3 really jump out at me, especially the toilet pics. Because those remind me how lucky I was there last summer, I lost my phone in one of toilets but later on the airport assistance informed me one of their cleaners found it
They return it? Unbelievable.
Celebriton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #152
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

It goes to prove that there are still good people in this world.

shyaman's travels
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #153
Fox-Tale

Likes (Received): 7

Great photos!! Can't wait to see more photos took in Chinese cities!!
(btw..is it allowed to take photos in China freely without permission?)
Fox-Tale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #154
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

You can take photos freely in China however if your photos happen to accidentally include some national top secret stuff hidden in the city, like the missile launch pads that look like manholes, the communist agents are going to come and harvest your organs. So be careful of what photos you take.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #155
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Yes, taking photos in China is surprisingly not as restricted as I had expected. I have never been apprehended for taking photos of public places, even in subways.
Singapore is even more strict. I was apprehended once when taking shots inside a subway station which made me think that the station staff is a bit paranoid.

shyaman's travels
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #156
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

TIAN'AN MEN SQUARE

Tian'an Men Square is a vast open concrete expanse at the heart of modern Beijing. With Mao's Mausoleum at its focal point, and bordered by 1950s Communist style buildings and ancient gates from Beijing's now leveled city walls, the square is usually filled with visitors strolling about. The square has also traditionally served as a stage for popular demonstrations and is most indelibly associated with student protests of 1989.

shyaman's travels
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #157
mick:)

Likes (Received): 21

very very nice
mick:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #158
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Tian'an Men (The Gate of Heavenly Peace) is where Mao proclaimed the founding of the People's Republic of China in October 1, 1949 from this Ming Dynasty gate , where his huge portrait still remains.

shyaman's travels
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #159
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

The Great Hall of the People is the seat of Chinese Legislature. The vast auditorium and banqueting halls are open for part of the day except when the National People's Congress is in session

shyaman's travels
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #160
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

The Monument of the People's Heroes was erected in 1958. The granite monument is decorated with bas-reliefs of episodes from China's revolutionary history and calligraphy from Communist veterans Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai.

shyaman's travels