daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Filandon

Likes (Received): 1251

Casablanca 2009/2010 by Filandon

Casablanca is my new destination for this year so I´ll post some pictures of this city. Hope you enjoy!

First, an introduction from wikipedia:

Casablanca (in Arabic: الدار البيضاء ad-Dār al-Bayḍāʼ as well as کازابلانکا Kāzāblānkā; Spanish for white (blanca) house (casa) ; nicknamed by locals: Caza; Antique and original name in Amazigh: Anfa /) is a city in western Morocco, located on the Atlantic Ocean. It is the capital of the Greater Casablanca region.
With a population of over 3 299 428, Casablanca is Morocco's largest city as well as its chief port. It's also the biggest city in the Maghreb. Casablanca is considered the economic capital of Morocco because it is the heart of Moroccan business; the political capital is Rabat.
Casablanca hosts headquarters and main industrial facilities for the leading Moroccan and international companies based in Morocco. Industrial statistics show Casablanca retains its historical position as the main industrial zone of the country. The Port of Casablanca is one of the largest artificial ports in the world, and the largest port of North Africa.It is also the primary naval base for the Royal Moroccan Navy.

And the pictures: this first set of Hassan II Mosque, Habous market and Park of the Arab League

Last edited by Filandon; January 4th, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Filandon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #2
CasaMor
Africator | Moroccator

Where have you been except those ugly places?
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #3
CasaMor
Africator | Moroccator

Those are the places you have to visit in Casablanca! When you visit New York you don't go to the Bronx or the Queens!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=597394

Old January 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Filandon

Likes (Received): 1251

First of all I don´t find those places ugly, and talk about you when you say you don´t go to other places out of the toutist route. Of course when I visit New York and I have the time I like to visit the Bronx and Queens...

And the places in this pictures represent much more than half of the city, I don´t get why so many of you are obsessed with hiding that. Anyway, you know they are places within the city much poorer than what is showed here...

I will post pictures of all the city (including those areas that you find great) even though they don´t really interest me that much. If you do the association money = more beatiful good for you, but then you might be in the wrong place

take it easy and please respect the tastes from the others
Filandon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Mereo
Moroccan living in Canada

Likes (Received): 4

I agree with Filandon. True tourists are often those who go off the beaten path and experience the country's true daily life. Morocco is an emerging country which means it's only going to get modern but... people don't want to only see big glass towers, fountains...

And Yeah, I will also want to see Bronx and Brooklyn because it's part of NY also.

Hell, I saw some Detroit place that are much worse! So Casamor, don't be apprehensive, Morocco is getting modern and nice by the minute.

Btw, this is a Moroccan talking
Mereo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #6
dutchmaster
world citizen

Likes (Received): 9

^ Agree with the fellows below...It's ridiculous visit a country to see only the tourist parts of the cities. NY isnt just Manhatan, there's much life outside this area like in Casablanca or any other tourist city.

BTW great pics mate, Morocco is full of culture and your pics showed this.
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #7
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244820

Interesting, very nice photos from Casablanca
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote