daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2010, 05:17 AM   #61
VHSc

Likes (Received): 361

so, did you really come to Torreon? 'cause I find the fact that you were not impressed by the stadium very unusual... you seem like a well traveled person (just by the picture of course); in that context, you should really know that these kind of venues are very hard to found in countries outside the first world... If you weren't amazed by the stadium, fine, but don't give your opinion like it was the absolute truth; the fact is that not all the people will like the stadium, just like not all the people will like the Chivas Stadium... it's a matter of taste;
In the other hand, you base your asseverations in Wikipedia?? really?? any person with 2 pounds of brains would know that it's like THE WORST WAY TO GET TRUTHFUL INFO... the construction cost was, initially, $100 million JUST THE STADIUM; the training courts, the chapel and the youth teams building was originally held for the second stage of the project, but almost immediately was passed to the first stage. Wikipedia has he same info that was on the official page at the time that the project was announced...
PS... don't get to anxious, your stadium it's almost done (after, like, how many years? maybe that's the main difference between the two projects don't you think?)

Last edited by VHSc; March 25th, 2010 at 05:30 AM.
VHSc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:48 AM   #62
Alan21LP

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsul View Post
Check wikipedia.. the whole project costs 120 million.. including the stadium.
And no.. acording to the type of construction of the stadium that would be rather expensive.. more than 60% of the seats does not have any foundation.. just built the concrete ramps and installed the seats..
that's why that figure is not correct.

haha, I did not want to join the discussion but this comment made me laugh, Wikipedia? come on, anyone can edit.

Calm down everyone, perhaps the Corona stadium is not worth $100 million USD but surely increased its construction costs but with the increased cost of material and the recession.

MY OPINION.
Alan21LP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #63
Alan21LP

pictures again, due to the change of page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan21LP View Post

ESTADIO CHIVAS
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #64
HUSKER
NUEVO ESTADO DE LA LAGUNA

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Check wikipedia.. the whole project costs 120 million.. including the stadium.
And no.. acording to the type of construction of the stadium that would be rather expensive.. more than 60% of the seats does not have any foundation.. just built the concrete ramps and installed the seats..
that's why that figure is not correct.
Check wiki again. If thats your source of info then the cost of the stadium (not the TSM) was $120 MDD.
Old March 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #65
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER View Post
Check wiki again. If thats your source of info then the cost of the stadium (not the TSM) was $120 MDD.
I wrote wiki because MAYBE you will find it more useful than skyscrapercity. My sources are arquitects who saw the pictures of the stadium.
As i told you, 60% of the stadium doesn't have any foundation and the main building is the one that take 70% of the investment acording to them.
The whole thing does not cost 100 million USD, it is the whole proyect.
And yes, everywhere i go either for work or pleasure i visit stadiums and if possible football matches. Being to europe and south america and believe me.. 100 million usd for that stadium is way too expensive...
SnapChat: larsul60
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/larsul60
larsul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #66
VHSc

whatever dude... keep on the trollin', it's really working for you
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #67
HUSKER

Quote:
I wrote wiki because MAYBE you will find it more useful than skyscrapercity. My sources are arquitects who saw the pictures of the stadium.
As i told you, 60% of the stadium doesn't have any foundation and the main building is the one that take 70% of the investment acording to them.
The whole thing does not cost 100 million USD, it is the whole proyect.
And yes, everywhere i go either for work or pleasure i visit stadiums and if possible football matches. Being to europe and south america and believe me.. 100 million usd for that stadium is way too expensive...
I do not find wiki more useful than SSC, in these kind of matters the only beholder of the truth is the main contractor itself (not even the club that pays for the overprice charged by the contractor firm).- If your sources are arquitects who saw "pictures" of the stadium well that explains everything, it's like saying that (for example) yankee stadium in no freaking way can cost the 1.4 billion USD that the team says it costed just by looking at the timetible pictures of the construction itself. For me, "by pictures" Cowboy stadium "looks" more $$$ than yankee stadium, and in reality it's the other way around.
MY sources are some of the contractors: Pergo Industrias, the company built 1/3 of the steel structure of the main building., The cost of it: $8.8 million dollars. Who told me that? Jorge Perez, tennis friend of mine who owns the company.
Comex Laguna: All the paint of the stadium was comex. Cost of materials only: $450,000 USD.- From 2002 to 2006 I was in charge of Comex Laguna and still good friend with the current administrator.
Ioesa: They were hired to install part of the electrical instalations of the stadium.- Estimated cost: $4,000,000 USD.- Source: Antonio del Rio Felix, friend of mine and part owner of the company.
My current company: (I wont tell which one to maintain confidenciality):- I wasn´t employed in my current company went the stadium was built but we sold all the pvc pipes for the sewer and sanitary instalations (including the system for main and training fields). Total Cost: $750,000 USD
And I can go on and on: Stable construcciones (another part of the main structure)- Jimsa, Jibe, all of them construction firms., I haven't talked with all of them but the ones who I have, say to me that the total investment of the buildings that you see right now is well over $120 million USD (no mall, no hotel, half of the parking lot still missing, etc).
I have more than 12 years of experience in the construction business and believe me, I have never seen the whopping costs in materials go up as in the last 2 years. $100 million is an accurate figure for the Corona Stadium.
I'm not even going to bother on commenting in the part of "the foundations" that's pure rubbish my friend.
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #68
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Quote:
I do not find wiki more useful than SSC, in these kind of matters the only beholder of the truth is the main contractor itself (not even the club that pays for the overprice charged by the contractor firm).- If your sources are arquitects who saw "pictures" of the stadium well that explains everything, it's like saying that (for example) yankee stadium in no freaking way can cost the 1.4 billion USD that the team says it costed just by looking at the timetible pictures of the construction itself. For me, "by pictures" Cowboy stadium "looks" more $$$ than yankee stadium, and in reality it's the other way around.
MY sources are some of the contractors: Pergo Industrias, the company built 1/3 of the steel structure of the main building., The cost of it: $8.8 million dollars. Who told me that? Jorge Perez, tennis friend of mine who owns the company.
Comex Laguna: All the paint of the stadium was comex. Cost of materials only: $450,000 USD.- From 2002 to 2006 I was in charge of Comex Laguna and still good friend with the current administrator.
Ioesa: They were hired to install part of the electrical instalations of the stadium.- Estimated cost: $4,000,000 USD.- Source: Antonio del Rio Felix, friend of mine and part owner of the company.
My current company: (I wont tell which one to maintain confidenciality):- I wasn´t employed in my current company went the stadium was built but we sold all the pvc pipes for the sewer and sanitary instalations (including the system for main and training fields). Total Cost: $750,000 USD
And I can go on and on: Stable construcciones (another part of the main structure)- Jimsa, Jibe, all of them construction firms., I haven't talked with all of them but the ones who I have, say to me that the total investment of the buildings that you see right now is well over $120 million USD (no mall, no hotel, half of the parking lot still missing, etc).
I have more than 12 years of experience in the construction business and believe me, I have never seen the whopping costs in materials go up as in the last 2 years. $100 million is an accurate figure for the Corona Stadium.
I'm not even going to bother on commenting in the part of "the foundations" that's pure rubbish my friend.
I do have contacts also from HOK, i believe you heard from them right?
we can go on and on..you are as stubborn as a donkey so i will not comment this anymore... it is pointless..
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #69
Alan21LP

Quote:
we can go on and on..you are as stubborn as a donkey so i will not comment this anymore... it is pointless..

HOK? HOK has to do with TSM? maybe talk about HKS.

I opened this thread to share pictures, videos and information about U-17 World Cup in Mexico and the venues where they develop, not to flame wars where none can see what he says.
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:55 AM   #70
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan21LP View Post
HOK? HOK has to do with TSM? maybe talk about HKS.

I opened this thread to share pictures, videos and information about U-17 World Cup in Mexico and the venues where they develop, not to flame wars where none can see what he says.
We are not talking about that.. continue with the subject..
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #71
VHSc

hey larsul guess what... the people from "HOK" that you know says hi! they really miss your pointless fight against TSM!!(don't you worry... yours and almost everyone's who doesn't cheer for Santos Laguna)

Last edited by VHSc; March 27th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #72
HUSKER

Quote:
HOK??Jaja, please don't embarrass yorself more man. It's HKS. All your lies are comming out (like you saying you've come to TSM).
And by the way HKS DIDN'T BUILD THE STADIUM, they only designed it, so they did not have any control over the construction budget....,, talking about stubborn striped goats..., sorry donkeys.
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #73
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Quote:
HOK??Jaja, please don't embarrass yorself more man. It's HKS. All your lies are comming out (like you saying you've come to TSM).
And by the way HKS DIDN'T BUILD THE STADIUM, they only designed it, so they did not have any control over the construction budget....,, talking about stubborn striped goats..., sorry donkeys.
hok are arquitects go to their webpage so you can learn something new today.. never mentioned that builded or designed the stadium did I??.. jajaja wow what an ignorant..
Old March 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #74
HUSKER

Quote:
hok are arquitects go to their webpage so you can learn something new today.. never mentioned that builded or designed the stadium did I??.. jajaja wow what an ignorant..
Again with lies my dear friend.- We all know that HOK is another firm of arquitects but you obviously made a great mistake TRYING to make us believe that you had inside info in the cost of the TSM project by selling us the lie of you having "contacts" in the designer firm of the TSM. You have NO CREDIBILITY in this forum so go roam somewhere else where you can spread more "info" by showing of false "contacts" or fake analysis taken out of "photos". Man!! Some people...!!.
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #75
guri_gdl

Likes (Received): 369

Que forma tan lamentable de echar a perder un hilo
guri_gdl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #76
Alan21LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by guri_gdl View Post
Que forma tan lamentable de echar a perder un hilo

is true, man this is an international forum, please use English.

Better start posting photos of any of the venues
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #77
Alan21LP

Old March 29th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #78
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Quote:
Again with lies my dear friend.- We all know that HOK is another firm of arquitects but you obviously made a great mistake TRYING to make us believe that you had inside info in the cost of the TSM project by selling us the lie of you having "contacts" in the designer firm of the TSM. You have NO CREDIBILITY in this forum so go roam somewhere else where you can spread more "info" by showing of false "contacts" or fake analysis taken out of "photos". Man!! Some people...!!.
For respect for other users this will be my last post regarding this matter. I asked my friends there in HOK (never said they builded the stadium, or designed) they saw the pictures and gave their opinion.. I NEVER said i had inside info of the TSM or that i knew somebody in HSK. I allways stated that in their opinion it was too expensive for the amount you said acording to the last posts I wrote. Please I hope you don't put more words that i didn't wrote.
Since neither you or me have the official amount from a respectable source, let's call this conversation out so we can continue with the thread.
Again, i was not impressed by the stadium but i never mentioned that it was ugly or anything. For sure it's way better than the old corona and i am really happy that new stadiums are built in Mexico. And also believe me that i have nothing against people from Torreon, on the contrary they are amazing and warmth people.
Does that sound good for you? to continue with the thread?
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #79
fortcali

Likes (Received): 126

How many cities will be host the event and which?
fortcali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #80
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortcali View Post
How many cities will be host the event and which?
So far Mexico city, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Tijuana, Morelia, Pachuca and Torreon.
Is that correct guys?