daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2017, 10:32 PM   #281
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Show us this map!

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:15 AM   #282
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

I link it, as it is too large: http://imgur.com/a/xRCoH. The map was made by sadberlin.

Additional forumers that liked this post: zntfdr, VECTROTRALENZIS, Transhumanista
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; October 14th, 2017 at 12:52 AM.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:29 AM   #283
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 16042

Sounds like fantasy. Feasible and hopefully to come in a very long term though, I don't see any first or second tier city without a 30+ line metro system within 2050.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 03:09 AM   #284
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likes (Received): 4432

Old April 27th, 2017, 03:14 AM   #285
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I must say, Chengdu's metro seems to have a lot of beautifully-designed stations.

I'll have to visit someday; my Chinese teachers were from Chengdu, and I know that the tea house scene in the city is world-class.
I must say that everything in general in Chengdu are well designed. In my opinion Chengdu has the best sense of design in all of China. It has that Tang dynasty sharpness and attention to detail, similar to what you can find in Japan which is also heavily Tang dynasty influenced.

aquaticko liked this post
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 02:45 PM   #286
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Chengdu is a city of 15 million so it actually needs a system similar to what you see there.

z0rg liked this post
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:37 AM   #287
CNGL
Leudimin

No confirmation of the opening date of the extended line 4 means it has been delayed into May . Both lines 7 and 10 are delayed too, the former to year end, the latter to October.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

dimlys1994, metro-world liked this post
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:46 AM   #288
JHPart

Likes (Received): 41

Nice that they are thinking on more than 40 metro lines.

luke_bonn liked this post
JHPart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 06:14 PM   #289
saiho

Likes (Received): 1285

On April 28, 2017 in the lead up before the opening of the Line 4 extensions Chengdu Metro broke a ridership record, transporting 2.6542 million passengers. Breakdown by line:

Line 1: 841,000
Line 2: 867,700
Line 3: 449,600
Line 4: 495,900

Ridership could double by next year with the opening of the ring Line 7, Airport express Line 10 and Line 4 extensions.

Source

dimlys1994, dbhaskar, EasySeven, zntfdr liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 05:26 AM   #290
zntfdr
Transit Maps

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
No confirmation of the opening date of the extended line 4 means it has been delayed into May . Both lines 7 and 10 are delayed too, the former to year end, the latter to October.
By reading Ditiezu it seems like the Line 4 extensions prediction was to open during the first half of 2017:
the tests are completed, they only need to agree on an official opening date (something that must be agreed with the Chengdu municipality, I believe).

As long as it's open within June, I'd say that there has been no delay

PS

Also please remember that, as I wrote here, the tests came to an end just a few days ago. We can wait a few days longer if that means giving the operator more time to get everything right

dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by zntfdr; May 2nd, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
zntfdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 12:34 AM   #291
CNGL
Leudimin

Well, there are now rumors on Ditiezu about a possible opening on May 18. Others say it may open a few days earlier.

BTW, there has been an adjustment to the propose short term plan, and several lines have been removed. The following are going ahead and may open up to 2023.

1. 4th phase of line 3, Chengdu Yi Xueyuan to Xindu East station, 2.6 km, 1 station.
2. 3rd phase of line 5, Huilong to Baimatan, 6.6 km, 4 stations.
3. 4th phase of line 6, Wangcongci to Taiqing Lu, 3 km, 2 stations. The 3rd phase is what is known as line 11, currently U/C.
4. 2nd phase of line 8, Shilidian to Longtan Si Dong, Changcheng Lu to Shuangliu Airport terminal 2 (branch), and Xiejiaqiao to Xihanggang Keyun Zhongxin; 12.8 km, 10 stations.
5. 2nd phase of line 9, Jinrong Zhongxin Dong around the East and North back to Huangtianba, 47.3 km, 23 stations.
6. 3rd phase of line 10, Taiping Yuan to Renmin Gongyuan, 5.5 km, 4 stations.
7. 1st phase of line 13, Qiligou to Longquan Shan, 36 km, 20 stations.
8. 1st phase of line 15, Laoshuang Zhonglu to Sihe and Wugensong to Shaba'er, 21.8 km, 17 stations, takes over the Sihe-Wugensong branch of line 1.
9. 2nd phase of line 17, Jitou Zhen to Longtan Si Dong, 27.6 km, 15 stations
10. 3rd phase of line 18, South station to North station, 11.2 km, 5 stations.
11. 2nd phase of line 19, Dajing to New Tianfu station, 45.6 km, 10 stations. The 1st phase is Jinxing to Dajing, U/C as part of line 17.
12. 1st phase of line 27, Liziwan to Longju Cun, 22.2 km, 20 stations
13. Line 29, Chengfei Jituan Nan to Jinxiang, 38.4 km, 32 stations.
14. 1st phase of line 30, Hangshu Dadao to Hongjiaqiao, 26.1 km, 25 stations.
15. Line 33, Baifoqiao to Jinshui Huaxian, 21.9 km, 17 stations.

Additional forumers that liked this post: Transhumanista

Last edited by CNGL; June 2nd, 2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Likes
Old May 10th, 2017, 11:25 PM   #292
CNGL
Leudimin

While I wait to know when line 4 extensions open, I'd like to find a map of the Anren tram (in Dayi county), which is the only tram line I have missing from my map of all Chinese metro and tram systems. Anyone knows one?

Old May 11th, 2017, 09:23 PM   #293
ilovecoffee

Likes (Received): 25

holy-cow, what is the supposed time period of having a metro like that in the map?
ilovecoffee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #294
CNGL
Leudimin

As someone said on Ditiezu, sometimes it seems the opening dates of new metro lines and extensions are classified information or worse. And indeed, I almost gave up with the second phase of line 4... but they have anounced it will open on June 2, next Friday. But the bad news it that it will come with a fare increase on the same date.

dimlys1994, dbhaskar liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:07 AM   #295
cwieqTKC
Student

Likes (Received): 57

It looks like both extensions of line 4 have been opened today:

Quote:
2017年6月2日早上8点26分,成都地铁4号线二期各车站正式开门迎客,首发列车从万盛站载着第一批乘客缓缓驶出,一路向东开往龙泉驿西河站。这标志着经过3年多紧锣密鼓的建设和运营筹备,4号线二期工程正式开通试运营。

地铁4号线二期工程线路全长约21km,分东、西延伸线,共设14座车站,西延线从非遗博览园站往西依次为马厂坝站、凤凰大街站、涌泉站、光华公园站、南熏大道站、凤溪河站、杨柳河站、万盛站;东延线从万年场向东依次为槐树店站、来龙站、十陵站、成都大学站、明蜀王陵站和西河站。其中槐树店站、凤溪河站分别与在建的7号线、17号线换乘。4号线二期开通后将会进一步完善4号线作为东西向轨道交通骨干线路的功能,有效缓解成都东西向客运走廊的交通压力,推动城市空间结构的优化,给沿线居民带来更为便捷畅通的出行体验。
Source: http://www.cdmetro.cn/html/info/201706/4866.html

zntfdr, dimlys1994 liked this post
cwieqTKC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:12 AM   #296
zntfdr
Transit Maps

Quote:
Chengdu Line 4 Extensions Open
Both Line 4 Western and Eastern Extensions have opened to the public today.

Thanks to these extensions the Line 4 has almost doubled both in length, going from 22km to 42km, and stations number, going from 16 to 30.

Unfortunately, along with the new extensions comes an increase of the journey fare in the whole network.

Following this opening, Chengdu Metro is expected to open two brand new lines this year, including the first loop line in Western China.

As always, we’ve updated both our Online Chengdu Metro Map and our Chengdu Metro App (pending release), available on the App Store.
Original article (by me)

Last edited by zntfdr; June 2nd, 2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 01:13 PM   #297
zntfdr
Transit Maps

For anyone wondering, the new journey fares are, accordingly to Baidu Baike (i'm using Google Translator, seems clear to me!):
Quote:
starting price of 2 yuan, can take 4 km, after the principle of delivery in accordance with the far off, 4 to 12 km range, each increase of 4 km increase of 1 yuan; 12 to 24 km range, each increase of 6 km increase 1 Yuan; 24 to 40 km range, each increase of 8 km increase of 1 yuan; 40 to 50 km range, each increase of 10 km increase of 1 yuan, more than 50 km after each increase of 20 km increase of 1 yuan.
In short:
  • 0-4km 2yuan
  • 4-8km 3yuan
  • 8-12km 4yuan
  • 12-18km 5yuan
  • 18-24km 6yuan
  • 24-32km 7yuan
  • 32-40km 8yuan
  • 40-50km 9yuan
  • 50-70km 10yuan
  • 70-90km 11yuan
  • 90-110km 12yuan
  • 110-130km 13yuan
  • etc

As stated below the new maximum fare is 10 yuan

dimlys1994, cwieqTKC liked this post

Last edited by zntfdr; June 2nd, 2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM   #298
CNGL
Leudimin

It shouldn't be 10 yuan? According to my data Wansheng to Longquanyi, the longest journey possible now, is a bit longer than 50 km, and the route is fairly straight.

Before today, Chengdu used a weird faring table, based on how many stations were passed through. It could have lead to a situation where a trip would be more expensive than another one of equal length simply because there's an extra stop. Now they have switched to mileage-based pricing, thus putting them in line with the rest of China. I expect some trips to become cheaper with the opening of line 7 by the end of 2017.

zntfdr liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:34 PM   #299
zntfdr
Transit Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
It shouldn't be 10 yuan? According to my data Wansheng to Longquanyi, the longest journey possible now, is a bit longer than 50 km, and the route is fairly straight.
I can confirm: I just checked on my app (new update to be released soon!) and it agrees with you.

Old June 2nd, 2017, 11:21 PM   #300
gao7

Likes (Received): 2385

Chengdu opens metro Line 4 Phase 2 June 02, 2017
CHENGDU metro Line 4 almost doubled in length on June 2 with the opening of two Phase 2 extensions, which have a total length of 20.3km.
Phase 2 comprises an eight-station western extension from Intangible Cultural Heritage Park to Wansheng, and the six-station eastern section from Wannianchang to Xihe.

Shanghai Alstom Electrical Equipment supplied traction systems for the line’s train fleet and another Alstom joint venture, Casco, supplied signalling systems.
The extensions take the total length of Line 4 to 41.3km with 30 stations.
The 21km first phase of Line 4 opened in December 2015.

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=525
gao7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chengdu, metro, tram