daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 27th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #41
TopWatch
Roloncho!

Likes (Received): 3129

Advances

Transmilenio Museo Nacional
National Museum - Transmilenio Underground Station

(June 26t 2013)

image hosted on flickr

South Entrance

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Deatils

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Gardens

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

^ Ventilation

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

North Entrance

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Bus Exit

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

^ Wall Detail :3

Most of the ground construction is made with wood

Saludos!!
TopWatch no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #42
TopWatch
Roloncho!

Full Transmilenio Map

... Hope So ...

Saludos!!
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:57 AM   #43
Tom 958

Likes (Received): 163

Eight weeks later:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopWatch View Post
Lourdes:
image hosted on flickr

It can be a potential Metro station due to high passenger flow. But there are several factors that make this project does not succeed at this point.

1. The physical integration with Transmilenio is difficult, due to the work of great magnitude between the station and the Metro BRT. The nearby Transmilenio Station is Calle 63 and its 100 meters from Lourdes.

2. The Plaza and The Church would be in danger of collapse, if the work is not done carefully enough.
Well, a transfer station at Lourdes wasn't my idea.

I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but I can't, so I'll just blurt it out: As far as I can tell, Bogota's most acute transportation problem is the fact that the Transmilenio dumps more passengers onto the Caracas corridor than the system can handle, leading to overcrowding and delays. As planned, the Metro will run parallel to Caracas and only a block or two way, thereby adding a great deal of capacity. The Transmilenio line along Ca. 10 and light rail along Ca. Septima will add still more capacity a short distance to the east. HOWEVER, I see no provision for an easy transfer between the Transmilenio lines outside the city center (i.e, along AutoNorte, Calle 80 and Suba) and Metro and Transmileneo lines in the city center.

To me, it seems essential that the Metro includes a station in the vicinity of Calle 80 and AutoNorte so as to intercept the Transmileneo lines before they reach the critical section (and, to a lesser extent, to facilitate crosstown travel between those corridors and the northern section of the Metro). Doing this would be expensive and disruptive because it would entail deviating from existing street corridors. But not doing it would cripple the Metro's usefulness as a much-needed alternative to the Transmilenio.

Thoughts?

Highcliff liked this post
Tom 958 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:29 AM   #44
Spam King
Make America Great Again!

Likes (Received): 569

I'm moving to Bogota in August and was wondering if public transport is good enough to get by without a car. Unfortunately due to the exorbitant cost of cars in colombia I won't be able to buy one right away, so I'm going to be stuck with public transport for the time being. I'm going to be living near the country club.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 06:37 AM   #45
TopWatch
Roloncho!

Answers in the next Page! >>>>

Last edited by TopWatch; July 6th, 2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM   #46
GaFe
¬¬

Likes (Received): 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopc View Post
My source was Wikipedia, not entirely reliable, but apparently it was correct. Curitiba's system has the same length and transports 2,3 million/day, so it's still the largest in ridership by far. Maybe Bogotá has to improve the feeder bus system.
Curitiba system is like 9 times longer than Transmilenio. Transmilenio is about 95kms lenght, while Curitiba is more than 800kms lenght.

Mi Firma

Laus Deo Semper
GaFe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #47
TopWatch
Roloncho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 958 View Post
Eight weeks later:

Well, a transfer station at Lourdes wasn't my idea.

I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but I can't, so I'll just blurt it out: As far as I can tell, Bogota's most acute transportation problem is the fact that the Transmilenio dumps more passengers onto the Caracas corridor than the system can handle, leading to overcrowding and delays. As planned, the Metro will run parallel to Caracas and only a block or two way, thereby adding a great deal of capacity. The Transmilenio line along Ca. 10 and light rail along Ca. Septima will add still more capacity a short distance to the east. HOWEVER, I see no provision for an easy transfer between the Transmilenio lines outside the city center (i.e, along AutoNorte, Calle 80 and Suba) and Metro and Transmileneo lines in the city center.

To me, it seems essential that the Metro includes a station in the vicinity of Calle 80 and AutoNorte so as to intercept the Transmileneo lines before they reach the critical section (and, to a lesser extent, to facilitate crosstown travel between those corridors and the northern section of the Metro). Doing this would be expensive and disruptive because it would entail deviating from existing street corridors. But not doing it would cripple the Metro's usefulness as a much-needed alternative to the Transmilenio.

Thoughts?

I see your point and I'm agree with you, the integration points are very important for the "multimodality" in a collapsed system as is the TM, and although all these works will be making in the long term, and will enhance eastern corridor capacity of the city, the integration is important, moreover a physical integration.

Are key points you mentioned to build some kind of physical integration, I think besides the main station in Caracas, there will be physical integration on Calle 72 (Caracas), Street 100 (Future Av 68), Calle 127 or 170 (Autonorte) and possibly on Avenida Suba. Nowdays isn't planned between the diferents transport modes, there is only a virtual Connection, through the payment system or cards (with transfers) but this will be discussed in a few months because the metro is at design studies and they are already running, so it may be a reality as you propose.

^
Quote:

The closest map is this...

Legend:

--- Metro
- discontinuously = Underground
- continuously = surface

--- & --- Transmilenio

... Metropolitan Train

^ Look the detail... Lourdes could have a TM + Metro integration!

Don't think it's expensive or remove agility to the metro system, good design and great integration can be given because the metro as a underground, can present many possible solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam King View Post
I'm moving to Bogota in August and was wondering if public transport is good enough to get by without a car. Unfortunately due to the exorbitant cost of cars in colombia I won't be able to buy one right away, so I'm going to be stuck with public transport for the time being. I'm going to be living near the country club.

The truth is very regular... but you had many odds:

• If you work close to your home, you can use the "cicloruta" to go by Carrera 15 o Carrera 11 paths
  • Nowdays the public transport is becoming more efficient with the SITP (Integrated Public Transport); this buses are paid with cards, has integrated routes, are efficient confortable, etc.
  • For long distances, Transmilenio...
  • If you want to go more confortable, you can go by taxi, but remember to call for a service, instead to take it in the street

The last option is the public service, but I recomend you to look these options before take a decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wivelasquez View Post
Saludos!
Old July 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #48
Tom 958

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
^ Look the detail... Lourdes could have a TM + Metro integration!
Which, unfortunately, gets us right back to likely constructability issues at Lourdes.

I had this insane idea, though: get some new Transmileneo buses that are hybrids and that can take power from overhead wires like light rail. Then build a Metro-like tunnel for the Transmilenio that interchanges with the Metro just as an independent Metro line would. Then the integration points could be placed at almost any Metro station.

Venturing further into Fantasyland, equip the new buses with doors on both sides so that tunnel stations could have multiple platforms, allowing faster loading and unloading and enabling more than one bus per direction to be stopped at a station simultaneously. Equip the new buses with cabs at both ends, so they could reverse direction on a turnback like trains rather than needing a space-consuming 180 degree turn. That could come in really handy, since a great deal more Transmilenio riders will come from the west than from the east.

Finally, extend the catenaries along the Transmilenio lines feeding the tunnel(s), and eventually procure buses that run only on overhead electric traction. Use the all-electric buses to provide direct service to the integration points along the busiest routes, then use the hybrid buses to extend direct service along lower-priority routes.

Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Last edited by Tom 958; July 21st, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Tom 958 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #49
TopWatch
Roloncho!

^ All rigth... thats hilarious!!

But not all.

By this time, they are testing electric and hybrid buses for both the Transmilenio system, as for the integrated system bus (SITP), and even took his first advances, as the Cr 7 corridor , will be the first to have electric and hibryd buses replacing traditional buses.

"Padrones" Buses as known in Colombia, have such functionality you say (door on both sides) to be more flexible to the infrastructure of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie Falso View Post
Bueno muchachos, aca subo la presentación de Fernando Sanclemente de el foro del pasado 4 de Julio:

^ Page 20 (In Spanish)

Maybe in the subway design studies throw something similar to the idea you propose, Metro Connection with the Transmilenio, but we must wait these studies, since a physical integration of such magnitude can be greater than the cost-benefit can generate the construction of the subway.

image hosted on flickr

BOGOTA DE NORTE A SUR, DE SUR A NORTE por JANNETH JAKAB, en Flickr

Soon as I have advances in these designs, publishes with pleasure in the corresponding thread.

Saludos!

Last edited by TopWatch; July 10th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #50
TopWatch
Roloncho!

Integrated System

SITP + TransMilenio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVanegas View Post

Saludos!!
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #51
Spam King

The Transmilenio looks great, I'm probably going to use it very often.

That said, I still haven't seen a single picture of Bogota where the city looks nice. I'm getting a little worried about moving there!

Old August 14th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #52
TopWatch
Roloncho!

^ With SITP, transportation will be more easy!

And I recommed you this thread! Bogotá, The Capital of Colombia. Get Seduced!

Saludos!!
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:02 AM   #53
Spam King

I'm living in Bogota now and I'm very pleasantly surprised at how great Transmilenio is, although it does get a bit crowded, especially the lines to buy tickets. I wish they would add some ticket vending machines to help speed things up.

What I'm unsure about is this: someone gave me a "mi llave" card and it has the Transmilenio logo on it, but today I tried to put money on it and use it on the Transmilenio but I was told it isn't valid? Is it only valid on the SITP blue and red buses?

Old October 1st, 2013, 10:24 PM   #54
Blazar

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
The Transmilenio looks great, I'm probably going to use it very often.

That said, I still haven't seen a single picture of Bogota where the city looks nice. I'm getting a little worried about moving there!

Bogota' is so nice and very well kept in every picture, that could absolutely be a European city !

TopWatch liked this post
Blazar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:27 AM   #55
TopWatch
Roloncho!

Quote:
I'm living in Bogota now and I'm very pleasantly surprised at how great Transmilenio is, although it does get a bit crowded, especially the lines to buy tickets. I wish they would add some ticket vending machines to help speed things up.

What I'm unsure about is this: someone gave me a "mi llave" card and it has the Transmilenio logo on it, but today I tried to put money on it and use it on the Transmilenio but I was told it isn't valid? Is it only valid on the SITP blue and red buses?

First....

Welcome to Bogotá

So, Transmilenio, as you said, is very crowded even at the buses, the stations, the entrances, etc. in some stations has vending machines outside the entrance () at the entrance of the bridges and at universities, stores, etc. are vending machines. Another thing if you can do it, is get a agreement with a University or a bank that has their own Transmilenio Cards.

Mournfully "tullave" card only works at the "portales" (main stations) and BLUE, ORANGE and DARK RED buses and with the Transmilenio lines of "Calle 26" and "Carrera Decima" because there aren't any agreement on this issue. We hope in the future can fix this issuse.

Saludos!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:25 AM   #56
TopWatch
Roloncho!

Update.

Map with Soacha Extension and Dual bus Service at 7St.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -von Karma- View Post
Hay actualización del Plan de Viaje al 27.Dic.2013. Lo nuevo:

Mapa General del Sistema, con la extensión a Soacha:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHoffman View Post

Por otro lado, información oficial del servicio Patron Dual M80 - L80:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucaraSander View Post
del "feis" de petro

Saludos!
Old January 4th, 2014, 05:47 AM   #57
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10374

Is Bogotá the biggest city without a metro?

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #58
TopWatch
Roloncho!

^ Not sure, but I already made the question:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...85084&page=264

Saludos!
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #59
Fenix_2007
Fenix_2007

Likes (Received): 16562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Is Bogotá the biggest city without a metro?
No, it isn't.

There are many cities with larger population that don't have a metro system like Jakarta, Dhaka, Kinshasa, Karachi, Ho Chi Minh City and Lagos.

Most of these cities have projects to build their first lines. Bogotá is trying to secure the first line and start construction in 2015.

TopWatch liked this post
Fenix_2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #60
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

It has no metro but has an extensive BRT system. It's not that Bogota doesnt have any rapid transportation system at all.

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote