daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #61
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10815

What's the next big building in the works for KL and where would it go in relation to Petronas?

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #62
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

i love kuala lumpur and the petronas twins are my favorite building or skyscraper complex if you will, however the skyline i think is rather unimpressive compared to other similar skylines in asia. i think it is lacking density in form of supertalls. considering it is a very wide city it has to pull of very big buildings in one area to give a distinct skyline feeling to it. but i also know that kuala lumpur is awaiting insane skyscraper projects so my opinion will change in the next years and i would be happy to see the city again one day.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #63
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
What's the next big building in the works for KL and where would it go in relation to Petronas?
warisan merdeka ~2km southwest of petronas. it's approved and in the early preparation state, yet they keep the designs their own secret. the suspected height is at about 600m

thread

and there is a building of 275m very very close to petronas that is under construction and will become very visible in the skyline in 2013 i think.

thread
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #64
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10815

My biggest beef with KL's skyline is that it lacks a dominant cluster. Buildings seem to be scattered all over the place and there's a huge drop off from Petronas/Menara and the rest.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #65
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

1. Chicago
2. NYC
3. Panama
4. Dubai
5. Minneapolis

I also like Pyongyang's skyline.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #66
dean87
kedahsejahtera

Likes (Received): 5220

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckkang View Post
KL 1:1500 Scale Model at KL City Gallery

if u noticed , there will be 2 more skyscrapers of 80+ storeys with 500+ m high from the pic

referring to second pic, the left one is warisan merdeka of 100+ storeys, 500+ m...but currently the project was halted for soil testing
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...956606&page=79

the tallest one in btween kl tower n warisan merdeka is the signature tower of tun razak exchange ot TRX (formerly KL international financial district) of 80+ storeys...currently on piling works
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...135763&page=37

another one not in the pics, was the signature tower of naza matrade metropolitan city...not sure the height, but for sure it kinda as huge n as TRX ...unluckily, the site was quite further away from the CBD...also now still on ground works
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...001931&page=20

Last edited by dean87; September 15th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
dean87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #67
dean87
kedahsejahtera

Likes (Received): 5220

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i love kuala lumpur and the petronas twins are my favorite building or skyscraper complex if you will, however the skyline i think is rather unimpressive compared to other similar skylines in asia. i think it is lacking density in form of supertalls. considering it is a very wide city it has to pull of very big buildings in one area to give a distinct skyline feeling to it. but i also know that kuala lumpur is awaiting insane skyscraper projects so my opinion will change in the next years and i would be happy to see the city again one day.
i do agree the skyline was still lack of supertall volumes in the CBD, but i believe in 5 years to come at least, the landscape/profile of the skyline will greatly differ n improve as it is today...currently there are least around 10 more supertalls on works (mostly on ground works) just hundred of metres neighbouring petronas twin towers...some are already updated in my above pics...

these are some of the proposed skylines nearby from the same developer (excluding the other supertalls from other developers)..
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1479312

Last edited by dean87; September 15th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
dean87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #68
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

1. Panama City
2. Gold Coast
3. Dubai
4. Singapore
5. Shanghai
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #69
skyscraper 007

Likes (Received): 1

1=Dubai
2=Hong Kong
3=New York City
4=Singapore
5=L.A

Last edited by skyscraper 007; September 15th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
skyscraper 007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote