daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #1
FFJ-MTL

Likes (Received): 5

MONTREAL | Silo N5 Tower | 200m+ | 50 fl | Pro

That is a tower that might get built over the silo n5 in Montreal, it's 50 floors, so it should be over 200 metres.

At that stage, it's just a proposition, but there are small chances it gets approved. It includes winter gardens inside the tower etc.

FFJ-MTL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #2
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10780

Are there height restrictions down by the river as well? It would make sense that taller would be permitted here. Not too many details in that render, but I love it so far.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

50 Floors doesn't make it automatically 200+ meter. Also, I told you twice to put some more effort in making correct thread titles. This is like the 7th time I edited a thread title. You shouldn't be so ignorant. This is seriously my last warning for the thread title thing.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #4
FFJ-MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Are there height restrictions down by the river as well? It would make sense that taller would be permitted here. Not too many details in that render, but I love it so far.
Yes, there's a height restriction even by this side of the river, the height is supposedly limited to 60 metres.. but there are chances they change it as they've done several times before. This is the third 50 floor building proposal, maybe this one will finally get approved.

These are the rejected proposals

Quote:
50 Floors doesn't make it automatically 200+ meter.
It's 50 floor but the tower also includes 3 winter garden (each will probably be over 10 metres) and a kind of spire (I don't know how to call it) on top of it, so it should be over 200 metres.

Quote:
Also, I told you twice to put some more effort in making correct thread titles. This is like the 7th time I edited a thread title. You shouldn't be so ignorant. This is seriously my last warning for the thread title thing.
Sorry..

Last edited by FFJ-MTL; January 12th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old January 14th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #5
Phobos

Seems good!
Great cladding if it turns like that in reality.
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #6
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

It would be great to see this get built but I hear the NIMBYs in Montreal are pretty treacherous. Are the silos still active? What's the plan for working around that?
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #7
FFJ-MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
It would be great to see this get built but I hear the NIMBYs in Montreal are pretty treacherous. Are the silos still active? What's the plan for working around that?
Yes, they are extremely treacherous, but they'll definetly do something with this silo, it is not active and it's an eyesore, tough I wouln't want it to be destructed.
Untill now, it's just a propostion, the third 50 storey tower one, but there are other plan such as a museum of of contemporaine art, etc.
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #8
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10780

I like those silos. I'd prefer that they be saved in some form or another. Regarding Montréal NIMBYs, they're the most ridiculously absurd bunch I've come across in a long time. They blocked the expansion of Molson Stadium from 20,000 to 30,000 despite the fact that its on the McGill University campus and built in 1919.

That's rich moving next to a stadium, then complaining about the noise 9 times a year.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #9
Habsman
Montreal Should have

Likes (Received): 0

please let it be built
Habsman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #10
winnipegger

Likes (Received): 1

Wow that looks nice, hopefully there will be more renderings soon.
winnipegger no está en línea   Reply With Quote