daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM   #21
Transira
Trolleyman

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Thanx but this way I don't see the purpose of this thread...
Just click on every topic. Example: http://forum.transira.ro/viewtopic.php?t=3710 (metro map).

Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM   #22
BogdyBBA
Pedestrian on the street

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexYo View Post
And the lines colors:
M1-yellow
M2-blue
M3-red
M4-green
So this is my first post on this thread, but I think maps are always welcome. These are both created by myself in Inkscape.

This is the real network (maybe I'm not impartial when I say this, but it's the best-looking map of the Bucharest metro available):

This other one is fictional (it's not done just yet):

Should I extend M1 in Berceni or create a new line towards Buftea?

geometarkv liked this post
BogdyBBA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:56 PM   #23
tampasteve

Likes (Received): 258

The first several posts are wholesale copies from Wikipedia.

Note that copying like that without citing (and even when citing) is never encouraged.

Steve
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #24
BogdyBBA
Pedestrian on the street

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampasteve View Post
The first several posts are wholesale copies from Wikipedia. Note that copying like that without citing (and even when citing) is never encouraged.
Steve, here's a quote for you:

Quote:
The word "Tampa" may mean "sticks of fire" in the language of the Calusa, a Native American tribe that once lived south of today’s Tampa Bay.
Settlement year 1823
And here's another one:

Quote:
Archaeological evidence indicates that the Dacians, who worshiped gods in the heavens, built altars on Tâmpa (the mountain in current-day Brasov, Romania) for sacrifices. After the Romans under Trajan conquered Dacia, they may have named the altars they found "Tempus/Temporis" ("time"), transferring worship at the site to Saturn, who was, through his connection to Cronus, the god of time. In time, the name changed to "Tempea / Tâmpa".
Therefore, our name was here first - my horse is bigger than yours, so I will ask you to kindly change your city's name to something like "City Near Bay With Water That Is Mostly Blue And High Buildings And Parks And All Sorts", ok? If you don't, then we're gonna have some trouble and I mean it in a "drop my donut while running for the bus" kind of way, so watch it.

Back to a more on-topic subject, how often do each of you take rides on the metro? Is it important at all? Does it live up to that daily ridership of 650K people? What would YOU like to see improving? Let's bring this topic to life!
BogdyBBA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #25
tampasteve

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdyBBA View Post
Steve, here's a quote for you:
Quote:
Quote:
The word "Tampa" may mean "sticks of fire" in the language of the Calusa, a Native American tribe that once lived south of today’s Tampa Bay.
And here's another one:

Quote:
Archaeological evidence indicates that the Dacians, who worshiped gods in the heavens, built altars on Tâmpa (the mountain in current-day Brasov, Romania) for sacrifices. After the Romans under Trajan conquered Dacia, they may have named the altars they found "Tempus/Temporis" ("time"), transferring worship at the site to Saturn, who was, through his connection to Cronus, the god of time. In time, the name changed to "Tempea / Tâmpa".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tâmpa,_Braşov
Quote:
Back to a more on-topic subject, how often do each of you take rides on the metro? Is it important at all? Does it live up to that daily ridership of 650K people? What would YOU like to see improving? Let's bring this topic to life!
Thanks for the history lesson. First, neither the Dacians or the Calusa wrote or spoke English, so the transliterated and translated spelling of a spoken word is irrelevant to the date or place that it may have come from. Tampa as we who live here know it comes from a local language of the natives that were in our area, the spelling is an English translation of that word.

Seriously, where did that come from? I would love to learn more about and eventually visit Bucharest, but copying without citing the source (and wholesale copying from other websites) is not allowed on this forum. Personal experiences and reviews/pictures are encouraged and far more interesting than a copy and paste.

Steve

Last edited by tampasteve; February 5th, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
tampasteve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #26
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

AlexYO: You can post images. just use the [IMG]link here[/IMG] tags, or the yellow picture button. You should edit your posts with what I post here.

Bogdy BBA: Don't be such a dick.

Quote:
This is the real network (maybe I'm not impartial when I say this, but it's the best-looking map of the Bucharest metro available):
You could have spared your time. There's one on the Romanian forums:

Quote:
This other one is fictional (it's not done just yet):

Should I extend M1 in Berceni or create a new line towards Buftea?
Why did you post a fictional map here?

These are the plans:

[IMG]http://i47.************/fp9mwx.png[/IMG]

Additional notes: The metro is built Soviet style (long stations, train-like not tram-like). Average distance between stations is 1.4 km, but the newer lines are supposed to have 750m (I think it's too little). The difference from other Soviet systems is in the station designs which are not elaborate. They are crudely simplistic mostly. Trains are the old IVAs (supposed to be modernized sometime in the future) and the new Bombardiers.

EDIT: Putting the plans into perspective:

Last edited by Ayceman; February 8th, 2010 at 07:19 PM.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #27
NelleAmalia

Likes (Received): 0

Metro Subway is an important part of Baltimore's transit picture, the prohibitive cost of building new rapid transit lines particularly the sort of underground lines that would be necessary in a densely populated area have clouded prospects for future expansion.
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #28
ainttelling
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampasteve View Post
Seriously, where did that come from? I would love to learn more about and eventually visit Bucharest, but copying without citing the source (and wholesale copying from other websites) is not allowed on this forum.
EXCEPT from Wikipedia. Because most of its content is not copyrighted.

Quote:
Personal experiences and reviews/pictures are encouraged and far more interesting than a copy and paste.
Agreed.
ainttelling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM   #29
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12024

Quote:
Metrorex organised the tender for Section 1 of the underground Line 5

03-12-2010 14:50

On March 10, Metrorex organised the public tender for the execution of structure works for the stations and tunnels of Section 1 of the underground Line 5, Râul Doamnei-Haşdeu segment. The section is part of Drumul Taberei-Universitate underground Line 5.
works for two segments were tendered. Thus, Segment I includes Râul Doamnei – PS Operă (Haşdeu) stations and Segment 2 includes Romancierilor-Valea Ialomiţei station a depot and connection tunnel, Metrorex informs.
A minimum of 5 maximum 6 companies (consortium) will qualify for each of the two projects. In the following 20-30 days the list of pre-qualified companies will be finalized. These companies will then receive the invitation to participate to the second tender – the final phase of work contract attribution. 18 bidders attended the tender held by Metrorex for each segment, starting with SC METROSTAV a.s., AKTOR Company, Construcciones Sanchez Dominguez Sando – Apolodor Comimpex, Societa Italiana per Condotte D’Acqua Joint Venture, COMSA – COPISA Constructora Pirenaica SA – SC SIRD SA – SC Prospecţiuni SA Joint Venture, Impresa Pizzarotti & CSPA - SELI SPA (partner) Joint Venture, Joint Venture PORR Technobau und Umwelt AG – PORR Construct – Hidroconstrucţia – SCT, METRO 5 Consortium (STRABAG AG , SC STRACO GRUP SRL ), YAPI Merkezi Insaat ve Sanay AS, MAX BOGL, Obrascon Huarte lain SA (OHL), Soares da Costa Euroconstruct Trading ‘98 SRL – SC PA &CO International SRL, ING Claudio Salini Grandi Lavori s.p.a, Asocierea Yuksel Insaat as – ILCI Insaat Sanay Veticaret AS – Yuksel Proje uluslararasi AS, Open Joint – Stock Company Kievmetrobud and China Railway NO 5 Engineering Group Ltd on the 18th position.

Metrorex is planning the construction of 8 km of tunnels and galleries and 11 underground stations on the entire Râul Doamnei, Brâncuşi, Valea Ialomiţei, Romancierilor, Parc Drumul Taberei, Drumul Taberei 34, Favorit, Orizont, Academia Militară, Eroilor, Haşdeu route. The tender held on March 10 focused on the pre-qualification of the construction companies dealing with the execution of works. The estimate cost of the entire project rises to around RON 1.166 Billion, the financing being ensured from public state budget funds through a credit granted by the European Investment Band (EIB) guaranteed by the Romanian Government. Metrorex estimates the period for structure work execution to last less than 30 months and they expect the operation to begin in approximately 4 years from work initiation.
Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM   #30
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

There is a thread with pictures from Bucharest Metro here, for those interested.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:39 AM   #31
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Two new subway stations to open in the first part of 2011

Two new Bucharest subway stations – Pajura and Parc Bazilescu – will open in the first part of next year, Metrorex has announced.

The operator of the Bucharest subway said it closed the deal for the works to equip the stations with general installations (electricity, ventilation, sanitary) and to finish the last details on the technical spaces for the 1 Mai – Par Bazilescu segment and Pajura – Parc Bazilescu segment. The value of the contract is of RON 21.9 million, and the financing comes from the state budget. The works are expected to last for six months. The two new stations will lengthen the subway line on Line 4 from Gara de Nord – 1 Mai to Parc Bazilescu station.
Source
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #32
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Subway’s Main Line 4 to be completed by mid-2011;
Works on new M5 line to start in 2011

Construction works on Bucharest subway’s Main Line 4 (1 Mai – Pajura) will be completed by mid-2011 when the new subway stations will be put in use, Gheorghe Udriste, Metrorex general manager, stated yesterday on the occasion of the Railway Days, being quoted by Agerpres.

“We have three types of construction works in progress: installing the subway line, general installations and finishing touches, and we will put these subway stations in use half way through next year,” Udriste added.

The 1 Mai – Laromet subway section is part of Main Line 4 (Gara de Nord – Basarab – Laromet). Construction works on the Gara de Nord – 1 Mai section were completed in 2000, their costs surpassing EUR 60 M.

Likewise, the Metrorex official announced that the two consortiums that will build the Drumul Taberei – Universitate subway section will be selected this December, with the construction site set to be organized in the first half of 2011. The project, seeking to build a 9-kilometer subway line from Drumul Taberei to Universitate and Pantelimon, will be completed in 2015. The project consists of 14 subway stations and the procurement of 37 new subway trains that will be used on Main Line 5 and for replacing outdated subway trains.

At the same time, in the spring of 2011 Metrorex will select the consultant for the subway line that will connect Bucharest to the Otopteni Airport, with Japan offering a EUR 315 M loan in this sense.

In his turn, Constantin Dascalu, secretary of state with the Transport Ministry, has stated that the institution he represents will spend hundreds of millions of Euros from European funds this year, in contrast to spending only EUR 36 M in 2009. “Our approved projects surpass EUR 1 bln, with filed projects reaching an overall EUR 2 bln. Other projects will be filed by the end of the year,” Dascalu said.
Source

Wiki
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #33
FabriFlorence

Likes (Received): 400

It's possible to see any trains and stations photos ?
FabriFlorence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #34
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
There is a thread with pictures from Bucharest Metro here, for those interested.
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #35
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I will include here Bucharest's tram and light rail system, and I'd like to ask the moderator to change the name of the tread to Bucharest Public Transportation System. Thanks.
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #36
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I will present now the general map of tram and light rail in Bucharest:

Old October 9th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #37
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

First, some pictures of the light rail line 41 (inaugurated about 10 years ago) on the left side of the map above:

Source of the pictures: metrouusor

Old October 9th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #38
waddler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabriFlorence View Post
It's possible to see any trains and stations photos ?
You got it

I've got some pictures from the official website of the Bucharest subway

And pictures with the subway itself now

+ an interesting picture of the control room

waddler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #39
waddler
BANNED

Some pictures of the Bombardier trains in use

metrorex

flickr

flickr

Old October 9th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #40
waddler
BANNED

Some pictures of line

Source

Last edited by waddler; October 12th, 2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: I forgot to add the source of the pictures

Tags
bucharest, bucuresti, europe, metro, subway