daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #681
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 24

That's the longest Hong Kong panorama I have ever seen!
Rachmaninov no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #682
forvine

Likes (Received): 3

stunning panorama
forvine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #683
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

That Pano pic stunned me a lot. Gosh!!! HK is incredible.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #684
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybean
Taken from SSP

Beautful. Are they still finishing the top of the building? It still looks under construction.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #685
Mosaic
BANGKOK

The tower is very tall and outstanding but I just don't like its facade and color, it looks dim.
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #686
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

^i think its in shadow, but it does indeed stick out from the "standard" hk condos

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #687
gronier
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Many of those buildings look like commieblocks.
gronier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #688
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Well they are residential skyscrapers. Land is scarce in HK and thus developers need to build up. This may seem odd to people (especially those in North America), but comparatively there are next to no houses to apartment blocks. There is no single house sprawl. While you proclaim that residential blocks are ugly, the same can be said for endless sprawling suburban brick houses. The difference is that residential highrises utilize space far more efficiently and there is undoubtly better transit with those residential towers than is available for single house sprawl. Amenities are also much closer.

I thought that the glass still has a protective plastic covering?
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #689
gronier
BANNED

Yes, they are residential, but they lack design. Not only office buildings should have good architecture.
gronier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:53 AM   #690
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronier
Yes, they are residential, but they lack design. Not only office buildings should have good architecture.
Perhaps the exteriors could have more originality, but developers rarely go out of their way to spend extra money to jazz things up. The land is expensive enough. This is especially pointless in Tseun Wan, which is rather far from the Central Business District.

What you see in the shot is but a few buildings. Hong Kong is a vast swath of highrise buildings. There are more daring and less exciting buildings at the same time. It's rather mundane to single a few in an isolated shot and proclaim that they lack design.

Nina Tower should be the focus, and it clearly is a winner.
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #691
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybean
Well they are residential skyscrapers. Land is scarce in HK and thus developers need to build up. This may seem odd to people (especially those in North America), but comparatively there are next to no houses to apartment blocks. There is no single house sprawl. While you proclaim that residential blocks are ugly, the same can be said for endless sprawling suburban brick houses. The difference is that residential highrises utilize space far more efficiently and there is undoubtly better transit with those residential towers than is available for single house sprawl. Amenities are also much closer.

I thought that the glass still has a protective plastic covering?
I second that!!
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #692
vincent

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher
AmazinG!!!!! oh man.. I feel homesick all of a sudden...
i have seen a night pano taken from the same location at least a few years ago. I didn't realize that i have seen more angles of hk than the forumers here. Hehe...
vincent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #693
TallBox

Likes (Received): 421

ah man, this was such a promising design... slick and elegant with a nice facade... instead we're given a block with cheap looking glass and too many architectural features. really disappointed.
TallBox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:43 AM   #694
Ar3Man

[IMG]http://************/1jvxjq[/IMG]

Here is a picture was taken from the plane in 2005
It shows a Sky View of Tusen Wan Area
Ar3Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:58 AM   #695
ENDOPHINS

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar3Man
http://************/1jvxjq

Here is a picture was taken from the plane in 2005
It shows a Sky View of Tusen Wan Area
this pic should be taken in mid 2004
ENDOPHINS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:35 PM   #696
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
i have seen a night pano taken from the same location at least a few years ago. I didn't realize that i have seen more angles of hk than the forumers here. Hehe...
Hell, you could tell where and when any photo shot in Hong Kong was taken!!!
I'm not surprised
Rachmaninov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #697
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17797

Office market on the move 80pc of new commercial units will be outside the CBD
8 March 2006
South China Morning Post

The office market in Hong Kong will enter a new phase from this year until 2010, when about 80 per cent of new units will be located outside of the traditional districts that offer grade-A office space, property consultants said.

In the next five years, 23 projects comprising 10.8 million sq ft of office space will be built.

Only five of these would be in the core areas [of Central, Wan Chai/Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui], Jones Lang LaSalle said.

"This will be the first time that any development cycle in the grade-A commercial market will provide such a high proportion of accommodation in non-core areas," said Gavin Morgan, head of Jones Lang LaSalle's Hong Kong commercial department.

In the last cycle, much of the new office space was in Central developments such as Two IFC and Chater House.

Experts said the increase of supply in non-core areas reflected the decentralisation of the office market.

David Holdsworth, managing director of Pamfleet (HK) said: "Central rents are obviously rising because [of] the absence of space.

"As all the major buildings fill up, there isn't just any choice. You either have to [be] able to pay those high rents in prime buildings or you [have] got to start moving.

"Decentralisation will continue to offer comparatively attractive rental deals for those people who cannot afford to pay Central rents."

Major buildings to be completed this year include the 112,000 sq ft Landmark East extension in Central and the 360,000 sq ft Nina Tower in Tsuen Wan.

In the next two years, Sun Hung Kai Properties will complete its twomillion sq ft International Commerce Centre at Kowloon Station, and Swire will complete its office project, One Island East, in Westlands Road, Quarry Bay.

Knight Frank executive director Mark Bernard was optimistic about Island East.

"The quality of office buildings is very good - even better than in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay," Mr Bernard said.

"Quarry Bay has traditionally provided a lower-cost option for tenants looking for prime office space outside of the Central business core. Strong demand for space in the area has driven up rents, particularly over the past few months."

According to Knight Frank, Quarry Bay office rents have more than doubled over the past year to average $31.21 a sq ft a month. The average rent in Central is $75.21 a month and about $38 a sq ft in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay.

In the next 12 months, rents in Quarry Bay were expected to increase by 30 per cent.

Mr Bernard expected Swire Properties to set the rent for One Island East at 10 per cent to 15 per cent below the market price to attract tenants.

But Swire would push up rents in the area once One Island East was occupied, he said.

Mr Bernard said the area would continue to attract interest from end users and property investors.

His comments come as an Australian fund Allco is in talks to buy Hongkong Land's office building at 1063 King's Road.

Also, the family of Charles Ho Tsu-kwok, a tobacco tycoon who owns the Sing Tao Group, is selling its 450,000 sq ft headquarters at 865 King's Road, estimated at $700million.

The industrial building could be redeveloped for office use.

But Desmond Poon, associate director at Chartersince Realty, said fringe Central areas such as Wan Chai and Sheung Wan would benefit the most from the relocation trend because office rents would obviously go up.

He said it was difficult for Island East to compete with Admiralty and Wan Chai as many companies that had been located in the CBD for a long time would be reluctant to move to Quarry Bay.

"They will relocate to places still close to the CBD, then move back to Central once the office rents ease again," he said.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #698
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 217

In the renders, whats the tall building left of Nina Tower? Looks to be > 200m...around 250 I reckon.

_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #699
dannykylaw

Likes (Received): 2

That is visional model, it won't become reality, Tsuen Wan will not be like that...!
dannykylaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #700
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17797

By [email protected] from a Hong Kong transport forum :

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hong kong