daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #181
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

Because nobody here asking same questions to other bids.

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #182
Major Deegan

Likes (Received): 3991

Coth is turning it political by bringing up stalled Russia-EU visa-free regime negotiations, which, by the way, have no relation to Russia's possible hosting of the 2018 event. If there isn't some sort of visa-free agreement in place by 2018, it will absolutely be up to the hosting country to accommodate a temporary visa easement and not up to other countries.
Major Deegan no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #183
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post

KALININGRAD (45,015)

STADIUM

The new FIFA World Cup™ Stadium Kaliningrad will be situated on the banks of an island around which flows the Pregolya River. Its star-like design reflects the shape of the historic entrenchment that lies outside the city. Water is featured in the old defence architecture as well as in the new city development and plays an important role in the landscape design of the precinct, allowing for stunning views of the city centre and harbour of Kaliningrad. With its FIFA World Cup™ Stadium, Kaliningrad will deliver a football venue of the highest quality. Designed to meet all the FIFA requirements to host group games, Kaliningrad will have a capacity of 45,015 seats.

FAN FEST

The Kneiphof Island in the historic city centre of Kaliningrad shall host the main Fan Fest of this Host City. The island is one of the city's main tourist attractions accommodating several museums, Kaliningrad Cathedral and the grave of Immanuel Kant. The island is connected to the mainland through five bridges.

WOW... why not just steal baltic arena from Poland, while your at it.
masterpaul no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #184
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Is Russia planning to ease off on its strict VISA requirements at least for the duration of the World Cup, should they get it?
Yes! I even wrote it in this thread.

+ no money for travelling between cities by railroads for those who have tickets.
AILD no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #185
AILD
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpaul View Post
WOW... why not just steal baltic arena from Poland, while your at it.
Because Poland is not bidding . And many stadiums look the same if you didn't notice.
AILD no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:48 AM   #186
JimB

Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:

+ no money for travelling between cities by railroads for those who have tickets.
Thank you, AILD.

See, coth? That's how it's done.
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 07:33 AM   #187
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Sometimes it's as innocent as people (in my case Australians) may be more familiar with the entry requirements of one counrty over another. Not an attack and I certainly didn't mean for you to take a defensive position.

Quote:

Thanks AILD, sorry for that. I should have looked deeper in the thread.

Last edited by Walbanger; July 17th, 2010 at 09:43 AM.
Walbanger está en línea ahora  
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #188
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

I love this bid. I'm really rooting for it. I've never been to Russia, but the cities look beautiful and the stadiums are outstanding. Go Russia!
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #189
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

BID HIGHLIGHTS BROCHURE
http://issuu.com/readytoinspire/docs...owFlipBtn=true
http://www.russia2018-2022.com/en.aspx
rus no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #190
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Quote:
Because Poland is not bidding . And many stadiums look the same if you didn't notice.
Actually baltic areena is the right a round shaped stadium, but the facade and the gold-ish, amber theme is unique. Which russia just shamefully ripped off.

Give me another stadium that has curvy tiers and a completely rorund facade?

Give me another stadium which facade was based on amber stones and a goldish theme.
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #191
Walbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbishop View Post
I love this bid. I'm really rooting for it. I've never been to Russia, but the cities look beautiful and the stadiums are outstanding. Go Russia!
I'm, not too fazed about who wins 2018 (bar Spain 'cos 1982 is to soon compared to the others) but I sure do like the Stadium proposals from Russia an it certainly wouldn't be disappointed if they won. Definitely a culture and history that fascinates me.
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #192
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

I look at it like which country would I like to visit the most to see a World Cup. I am really interested in Russia, their cities, their culture, etc. By 2018 I hope to have the money to go to a World Cup, so that's what I am judging them on.
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #193
Walbanger

I agree somewhat but I also consider what each country has given to soccer and who hasn't hosted before. Thats why I don't care for some English who reason they have had to wait +44 years when Benelux hasn't hosted, neither Russia. I see the Iberian bid as Spains with Portugal as a token host. That being said they would all make fine hosts.
England gave the world Soccer but they have hosted and won it. after that I say the Netherlands in the tatical philosophies they have developed which revolutionised the game since the 70's. Spain obviously just won but Russia is something special.

Last edited by Walbanger; July 17th, 2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #194
AILD
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpaul View Post
Actually baltic areena is the right a round shaped stadium, but the facade and the gold-ish, amber theme is unique. Which russia just shamefully ripped off.
Smells like famous big polish ego .
AILD no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #195
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Quote:
Smells like famous big polish ego .
Ok so, i guess building an exact replica of Moscow's palace and other hardly existent Russian monuments, in Poland wouldn't bother you?

[IMG]http://i32.************/2z5lvzd.jpg[/IMG]

Admit-tingly it would look pretty cool. Of course if we would build a replica, we would improve it and make it better and bigger, just for the hell of it. After all we have to find what to do with all thats money what's gonna come in form our own gas and other minerals. xD I can aslo see Russia's federation tower fit along nicely in Warsaw's skyline.

Last edited by masterpaul; July 17th, 2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old July 17th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #196
AILD
BANNED

You know that comparing St. Basel's Cathedral (one of the main today's Wonder of the World) and color and external view of the football stadium is a bit unproportional .
Just go away, troll.

P.S. every person who work in gas sphere can admit that "shale gas" is another "bubble", which has many talks and no result. Because it is much more expensive and it has major consequances for grounds.

But seems like you know nothing about this theme . It's so easy to manipulate poles. j/k

End this absurd, masterpaul.
AILD no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #197
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I think you are missing the point of the original question, its not about visas as such, but about countries who make it difficult to get a visa full stop.

for instance, I have previously had to obtain visas for the USA and China. USA was a breeze (submit application and passport, and done), and China used to be fine (invite letter, app form, passport).

prior to Beijing 2008 however, China upped its visa requirements, and they now required more time to review the app, and wanted tickets pre-payed. They also started getting concerned about invite letters (some in govt were convinced tibet protesters would pretend to be in China on business, and go to protest the games). Not a deal breaker, but a hassle that was annoying. I normally travel in and out of China several times while there for work (i.e. HK-SZ-HK-GZ-HK-SH), and how/when/where depends upon client demands. Trying to explain this to an official at the consulate took a bit of doing!!

France on the other hand is a nightmare for my wife. As she is Chinese, she has to buy her ticket, fly to Sydney, submit her ticket, app form, passport to the Sydney consulate, AND submit to biometric testing. The fact she has to spend $300 on flights just to get a visa (France only has its Sydney consulate doing the biometric testing) means we are not going to France anymore.

I know friends who have had issues getting visas for Russia - it was not impossible, just annoying. To get tourism flowing more, I'd keep your visas in place, but make the process of applying for them and getting them a bit easier

** please note Russia is not alone for this issue, I know USA demands for Australians to have mandatory finger printing prior to entering the States deterred some from visiting, similar with the notoriously long queues at security at USA airports. while issues like this don't win/lose you a WC, if you have a lot of little issues like this it does add up (like our stupid AFL/NRL comps trying to cause issues with our bid)

Last edited by T74; July 17th, 2010 at 10:41 AM.
T74 no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #198
coth
pride leader

It's a breeze for you because you are from Australia. For Russians or Chinese it's often not just annoying, but simply impossible to get USA or UK visa. Especially UK visa.
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #199
JimB

Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
It's a breeze for you because you are from Australia. For Russians or Chinese it's often not just annoying, but simply impossible to get USA or UK visa. Especially UK visa.
Impossible?

What a bout the thousands of Russians who are now in London.

If they couldn't get a visa, perhaps Scottie beamed them there via the Starship Enterprise?
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #200
coth
pride leader

What about thousands who were rejected to get visa without even explanations?

Closed Thread