daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM   #261
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,769
Likes (Received): 10321

Quote:
Russia or England seem like they are already prepared and can even host 2014 mundial if they were told tomorrow.
England could, at a stretch, have things ready for 2014 if they were asked tomorrow to fill in. Russia couldn't. The inspection team came away from Russia impressed but said of their ambitions of hosting in 2018:

"I would like to emphasise that, in the case the Fifa Executive Committee decides in December that the World Cup will go for the first time in football history to Russia, work would need to start immediately, to guarantee that everything will be in place right in time."

FIFA believes they need at least 7 years for the 10 new stadiums and tens of billions of pounds worth of new infrastructure to be built, and that sounds about right. Russia could not fill in for Brazil if the 2014 hosts ran into problems.
RobH está en línea ahora  

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:35 PM   #262
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

50 years after EURO-1960 Final, the rare video was found (35 min. in 1st time, full 2nd and extra times).

Here, for football fan collections and for those who want to see Lev Yashin, greatest goalkeeper of XX century:





Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...C2C1C59552FB39
AILD no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #263
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

Where are you from, troll? I can show video of hooligans from any country.

PS They are not even "fans", so you failed .

Why don't you show this, for example? Oh, sure, you want to show it in negative image


Last edited by AILD; September 4th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.
AILD no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #264
Aka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,382
Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
50 years after EURO-1960 Final, the rare video was found (35 min. in 1st time, full 2nd and extra times).

Here, for football fan collections and for those who want to see Lev Yashin, greatest goalkeeper of XX century:
The match ended and most of them didn't even care. Interesting.

Aka no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #265
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
The match ended and most of them didn't even care. Interesting.
It's hard to jump in crazy emotions after 120 minutes against strong opponent without substitutions I guess .
AILD no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #266
LarisaCh
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 3rd Rome
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
50 years after EURO-1960 Final, the rare video was found (35 min. in 1st time, full 2nd and extra times).

Here, for football fan collections and for those who want to see Lev Yashin, greatest goalkeeper of XX century:[/B]
Thank you, my father and boyfriend liked this video!

Way of Soviet team to the victory at Euro1960:
1/8 USSR - Hungary 3-1, 1-0
1/4 USSR - Spain walkover
1/2 USSR - Czechoslovakia 3-0
Fin USSR - Yugoslavia 2-1 aet

Results of the Soviet opponents at the next World Cup 1962:
Hungary: Quarterfinal;
Spain: group;
Czechoslovakia: 2nd place, best among European teams;
Yugoslavia: 4th place, 2nd among European teams.

Soviet team was beat best European teams at these times.
LarisaCh no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #267
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

3 architectural bureous will be candidates to create a conception for new stadium for "FC Krasnodar". Best variant will be choosed until the end of 2010, and then finalized during next 6 months. Construction will begin in the end of summer, 2011.



Candidates:
1) «Botta Management»

It will propose 2 conceptions.

By Erick van Egeraat
By Ruben Reddy

2) «Populous»

3) «Alpina»

Krasnodar will also have a stadium for "FC Kuban", proposed to host WC-2018.





FC Krasnodar stadium will be constructed in the centre of city, FC Kuban stadium will be in the eastern part, near Krasnodar Reservoir.
AILD no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:08 AM   #268
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post





FC Krasnodar stadium will be constructed in the centre of city, FC Kuban stadium will be in the eastern part, near Krasnodar Reservoir.
This stadium is really simple but really beautiful. Please add more with regards to its design ...renders etc.

It would look good in any location.


Where are the 3 designs of the FC Krasnodar project? Rubben Reddy is South African and part of FIFA's initial team to specify the FIFA requirements for a world cup venue.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #269
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,769
Likes (Received): 10321

I was looking on worldstadiums.com earlier. I didn't realise quite how poor so much of Russia's stadium infrastructure is.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/...s/russia.shtml

I'm struggling to remember what state South Africa's stadium stock was in prior to their world cup - perhaps Mo can give us some insight - but I'd imagine the task Russia faces is even greater in some ways than that faced by the 2010 hosts. It does mean, of course, Russia has by far the strongest legacy argument, but that always has to be balanced against risk, whatever sporting event you happen to be bidding for.

A comparison between where South Africa was 8 years prior to hosting and where Russia is now in terms of stadiums could be quite interesting actually.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #270
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

South Africa dropped 2 existing venues i.e. Kings Park and Newlands, which host international rugby and local rugby.

So of the 10 venues

5 required minor work (loftus, bloem, rustenburg,newlands, kings park)
major works at Soccer City
new venues in Polokwane, Mbombela and PE (since its existing stadium was far from adequate)
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #271
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Where are the 3 designs of the FC Krasnodar project? Rubben Reddy is South African and part of FIFA's initial team to specify the FIFA requirements for a world cup venue.
They are not ready. In the end of 2010 final conception will be chosen.

Ruben is working close with Russia bid, he is one of the architects helping with stadium projects. He also was one of the Bid commission who visited cities to decide territory for future stadiums in December 2009 with other architects who are working on Bid. For example, he is helping with stadiums in Samara and Yaroslavl. And few more, don't remember exactly. Tim Hupe is helping with stadiums in Saransk, Volgograd, Krasnodar, Spartak stadium and Luzhniki.

More companies:

Helios Partners, LLC.

Implenia Global Solutions Ltd.

NÜSSLI

BDO Unicon
AILD no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:41 AM   #272
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

He was also involved with the Sochi Olympic Stadium....or I think he bid for that too.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #273
Sochi NEW Dubai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 234
Likes (Received): 3

What countries will vote for Russia for the world cup?
Sochi NEW Dubai no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #274
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochi NEW Dubai View Post
What countries will vote for Russia for the world cup?
Countries don't vote. And I think a lot of FIFA members still don't know about their choice exactly.
AILD no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #275
Sochi NEW Dubai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 234
Likes (Received): 3

the members
Joseph S. BLATTER Switzerland
Julio H. GRONDONA Argentina
Issa HAYATOU Cameroon
CHUNG Mong Joon south korea
Jack A. WARNER Trinidad and Tobago
Ángel María VILLAR LLONA spain
Michel PLATINI France
Reynald TEMARII Tahiti
Geoff THOMPSON England
Michel D'HOOGHE Belgium
Ricardo Terra TEIXEIRA Brazil
Mohamed BIN HAMMAM Qatar
Senes ERZIK Turkey
Chuck BLAZER USA
Worawi MAKUDI Tailand
Nicolás LEOZ Paraguay
Junji OGURA Japan
Amos ADAMU Nigeria
Marios LEFKARITIS Cyprus
Jacques ANOUMA Côte d´Ivoire
Franz BECKENBAUER Germany
Rafael SALGUERO Guatemala
Hany ABO RIDA Egypt
Vitaly MUTKO Russia
Jérôme VALCKE France
Sochi NEW Dubai no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #276
rus
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 202
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
I was looking on worldstadiums.com earlier. I didn't realise quite how poor so much of Russia's stadium infrastructure is.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/...s/russia.shtml

I'm struggling to remember what state South Africa's stadium stock was in prior to their world cup - perhaps Mo can give us some insight - but I'd imagine the task Russia faces is even greater in some ways than that faced by the 2010 hosts. It does mean, of course, Russia has by far the strongest legacy argument, but that always has to be balanced against risk, whatever sporting event you happen to be bidding for.

A comparison between where South Africa was 8 years prior to hosting and where Russia is now in terms of stadiums could be quite interesting actually.
Most Russian stadiums were built in 1920-70 years. We have 3 new stadium (built after 2000):
Lokomotiv (Moscow) - 28800
Arena Khimki (Moscow Region) - 20000
Saturn (Moscow Region) - 16000
+ One elite Luzhniki Stadium (Moscow) - 76000
Here's a list of arenas that are designed or constructed. This is our legacy after 2018:
1 St.Petersburg - 70(WC)
2 Kuban Krasnodar - 50(WC)
3 Sochi - 48(Olimpic Games, WC)
4 Spartak Moscow - 47(WC)
5 Dinamo Moscow - 45(WC)
6 Samara - 45(WC)
7 Kazan - 45(Universiade, WC)
8 Volgograd - 45(WC)
9 Volga Nizhniy Novgorod - 45(WC)
10 Kaliningrad - 45(WC)
11 Saransk - 45(WC)
12 Rostov - 44(WC)
13 Yaroslavl - 44(WC)
14 Ekaterinburg - 44(WC)
15 MKAD Moscow Region - 44(WC)
16 CSKA Moscow - 30
17 Grozniy - 30
18 FC Krasnodar - 25\30
19 FC Nizhniy Novgorod - 12
---------------------------------
2010 - 4 modern stadium in Russia
2018 - 23(may be more) modern stadium in Russia
rus no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #277
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,018
Likes (Received): 4786

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus View Post
Most Russian stadiums were built in 1920-70 years. We have 3 new stadium (built after 2000):
Lokomotiv (Moscow) - 28800
Arena Khimki (Moscow Region) - 20000
Saturn (Moscow Region) - 16000
+ One elite Luzhniki Stadium (Moscow) - 76000
Here's a list of arenas that are designed or constructed. This is our legacy after 2018:
1 St.Petersburg - 70(WC)
2 Kuban Krasnodar - 50(WC)
3 Sochi - 48(Olimpic Games, WC)
4 Spartak Moscow - 47(WC)
5 Dinamo Moscow - 45(WC)
6 Samara - 45(WC)
7 Kazan - 45(Universiade, WC)
8 Volgograd - 45(WC)
9 Volga Nizhniy Novgorod - 45(WC)
10 Kaliningrad - 45(WC)
11 Saransk - 45(WC)
12 Rostov - 44(WC)
13 Yaroslavl - 44(WC)
14 Ekaterinburg - 44(WC)
15 MKAD Moscow Region - 44(WC)
16 CSKA Moscow - 30
17 Grozniy - 30
18 FC Krasnodar - 25\30
19 FC Nizhniy Novgorod - 12
---------------------------------
2010 - 4 modern stadium in Russia
2018 - 23(may be more) modern stadium in Russia
The only problem that I see with Russia's otherwise impressive stadium development plans is that they are all, save for Luzhniki and Gazprom, only slightly above the required FIFA minimum of 40K. I guess that's because, after the World Cup is finished, there won't be the demand for stadiums that are any bigger?

In this one respect, Spain / Portugal (especially) and England will have an advantage over Russia.
JimB no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #278
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

Plan of Saransk stadium location:



Yandex.Maps

Based on last information, capacity will be 34,000 + 10,000 temporary.
AILD no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #279
Jim856796
Registered User
 
Jim856796's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Citizen of the World
Posts: 8,943
Likes (Received): 843

In Russia's bid for the 2018 World Cup, there is a stadium that is planned to be extended to 80k and only one stadium with a 60K capacity. The requirement is that a country must have 2 stadiums with a 60K capacity for the WC semifinals.
__________________
I honestly think all development projects must be sustainable and futureproof.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #280
AILD
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 506
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
In Russia's bid for the 2018 World Cup, there is a stadium that is planned to be extended to 80k and only one stadium with a 60K capacity. The requirement is that a country must have 2 stadiums with a 60K capacity for the WC semifinals.
Semi-finals in Luzhniki and St.Petersburg. Final in Luzhniki.
AILD no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu