daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old February 1st, 2010, 03:34 AM   #21
aaronaugi1

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxuy View Post
Average temperatures in June (°C)

(because someone still don't know that it's not cold everywhere and everytime in Russia LOL)

And few examples:
Canberra: 9,4
Amsterdam: 14,8
London: 16
Lisbon: 20,5
Madrid: 21
Bit of an unfair comparison. Canberra is not an accurate representation of Australia's weather at that time of the year...even though it is the middle of winter.
aaronaugi1 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:50 PM   #22
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronaugi1 View Post
Bit of an unfair comparison. Canberra is not an accurate representation of Australia's weather at that time of the year...even though it is the middle of winter.
If Australia would host WC, it would be in june or when?
poxuy no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM   #23
poxuy
BANNED

Quote:
Race for 2018 World Cup is still too early to call, claims Russian bid leader

February 1 - It is too early to evaluate the strength of the candidates who want to host the 2018 World Cup, the head of Russia's bid Alexey Sorokin has claimed.

He also insisted that the recent row sparked by FIFA President Sepp Blatter over whether non-European bidders, including Australia and the United States, will be excluded from bidding for the 2018 World Cup had not changed anything.

In an interview published in tomorrow's edition of the Sydney Morning Herald, Sorokin said: "Right now, there's no such decision - so many countries are still bidding for both years.

"There is movement among the [European] bidding nations, but I don't think much has changed recently.

"It's still the same race.

"There's still the same participants."

Sorokin, along with the other bidding nations, has been attending the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Congress, held in conjunction with the African Cup of Nations in Angola.

He told the newspaper: "We're at the beginning of an intense international relations stage, which started with this Congress.

"Before the bid books are submitted next summer [in May], it's very difficult to compare chances, to evaluate chances.

"Right now, there's a lot of strong bids around."
http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/i...&Itemid=83
poxuy no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:37 PM   #24
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
poxuy Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronaugi1

All he meant was that you couldn't have picked a colder Australian city that would host games in a successful Australian Bid. The Australian coastal Cities will be around 14 to 19 in June (the Queensland cities of Brisbane and Townsville even warmer), so our winter is almost as warm as your summer.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:58 AM   #25
vony91
BANNED

The stadiums will certainly be nice.
vony91 no está en línea  
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM   #26
poxuy
BANNED

Quote:
BID AMBASSADOR ALEXEY SMERTIN APPOINTED SPORTS DIRECTOR

Alexey Smertin, the former captain of the Russian national team and ambassador of the Russian Bid for the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™, has been appointed Sports Director for the Bid. In his new role, Smertin will be responsible for working on technical and sporting matters pertaining to the Bid, such as advice on the match calendar, overall team accommodations and other related aspects.

Bid CEO Alexey Sorokin expressed his pleasure and confidence with this latest addition to his team. "As a Bid ambassador and member of our delegation who attended both Soccerex and the Final Draw last year in South Africa, Alexey Smertin has shown himself to be a strong representative and advocate for Russian football. Now, in his assumption of the position of Sports Director, he will strengthen our Bid with his unrivalled experience as former elite player turned administrator. We believe that this new position will expand the opportunities for him to apply his unique expertise to the Bid."

The versatile Smertin is one Russia's figureheads in their quest to host FIFA's flagship competition for the first time. With 55 caps for Russia, Smertin can look back on a distinguished career as both defender and midfield player with a number of clubs in Russia and abroad, among them Lokomotiv Moscow, Girondins de Bordeaux and a stint at Chelsea (cf. bio on /en/the-bid/bid-committee.aspx).

"Playing for Russia in the 2002 FIFA World Cup™ in Korea and Japan was one of the highlights of my career. The significance of this competition and what it means to football fans all over the world is simply overwhelming," Smertin said.

"I am very proud to have been asked to represent my country now on an altogether different playing field and very much look forward to the coming months with the Bid Committee. I will certainly strive for excellence in my efforts to bring the ultimate football event to my home country, Russia", he added.

Beyond football, Alexey Smertin has started another career as politician and founder of social development projects. He is currently the deputy of the Altay region Legislative Assembly in Russia, and he is also actively engaged in the development of children's sports in the Altay region and Barnaul, his native city. He has founded a football sports school for children and is also the founder of the «Young talents» foundation.
http://russia2018-2022.com/en/news--...-smeritin.aspx
poxuy no está en línea  
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM   #27
kerouac1848

Likes (Received): 1538

Quote:
The Australian coastal Cities will be around 14 to 19 in June (the Queensland cities of Brisbane and Townsville even warmer), so our winter is almost as warm as your summer.
I think those figures are averages (kind of pointless really) rather than average highs (which is what yours seem like when looking at Sydney's June figure). Lisbon's and Moscow's average high in June are about 26c and 22c respectively, so a fair amount higher than Melbourne and Sydney (14c and 16c according to the BBC).

Still great weather for winter though!
kerouac1848 no está en línea  
Old February 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #28
poxuy
BANNED

Some of WC Bid Ambassadors played today in Moscow, on "Cup of Legends" (Day 1st).

Ronald de Boer:

Alexey Smertin:

+ Ruud Gullit as Holland's coach.
poxuy no está en línea  
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #29
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Site "Cup of Legends"
http://www.legendscup.ru/en/

Here video of matches of a cup
http://goal-online.ru/news/1-0-2
rus no está en línea  
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #30
Oceano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Some well-known crazy ukrainian moderator banned me (maybe he don't want me to post news about bid and stadiums) with "No reason was specified.", so I will write here under new profile .
Oceano no está en línea  
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #31
Oceano
BANNED

Oceano no está en línea  
Old February 18th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #32
Oceano
BANNED

Quote:
Soccerex welcomes Russian bid to the European Forum

Soccerex is delighted to confirm that the Russia 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ Bid Committee will take a significant presence at the Soccerex European Forum in Manchester from 2-3 March.

On a recent trip to Moscow, FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter commented: "I believe that the World Cup should leave a legacy, and this idea is coming to life here in Russia. That is why I feel a whole-hearted affinity for the Russian bid." While in Moscow, Blatter had the chance to meet with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, and the two exchanged ideas on the development of football in Russia.

The bid is now entering a crucial stage with final preparations on the Bid Book taking place in advance of the May submission deadline, after which the FIFA Inspection Group will visit Russia. Following its participation at Soccerex 09 in South Africa, the bid committee has committed to sponsor a networking café and drinks reception at the European Forum.

"Soccerex continues to form an important part of our promotional strategy. As we enter a very busy phase in our campaign, we recognize the value of being able to reach in one place as many key decision makers in football as possible," commented Alexey Sorokin, Bid Committee CEO.

The Soccerex European Forum takes place at Manchester Central (2-3 March) and will bring together the leading executives from UEFA, football clubs including the entire Premier League, brands, leagues and service providers. To secure your place at Europe's premier football business event please visit www.soccerex.com/europe or call +44 (0)208 742 7100.
http://russia2018-2022.com/en/news--...soccerex-.aspx
Oceano no está en línea  
Old February 19th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #33
Richo83

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Average temperatures in June (°C)

(because someone still don't know that it's not cold everywhere and everytime in Russia LOL)

Kaliningrad: 15.4
Saint Petersburg: 15.8
Moscow: 17.1
Podolsk: 17.4
Kazan: 18
Nizhny Novgorod: 17.2
Yaroslavl: 16.2
Samara: 19.4
Volgograd: 20.8
Saransk: 17,5
Krasnodar: 20,8
Rostov-on-Don: 21,2
Sochi: 20.0
Yekaterinburg: 16,9

And few examples:
Canberra: 9,4
Given the fact that in June it's winter in Canberra and the fact that Canberra is one of the coldest major cities in Australia, a) I don't understand the relevance of comparing winter temps to summer temps and b) it doesn't really say much that you have to use one of the coldest Australian cities in winter to prove your argument. Regardless, I doubt Canberra would ever host a world cup match anyway. And given that many Australian cities are on average warmer in winter (16? lol) than Russian cities in summer, climate sure isn't your strong suit.
Richo83 no está en línea  
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #34
Oceano
BANNED

i just wrote t in capitals of other pretendents, nothing more. I know that it's winter in Australia, but WHEN Australia is planning to host WC? In june? Or in the summer, which is winter in majority of other countries?
Oceano no está en línea  
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #35
Richo83

Quote:
It wouldn't be in Canberra for starters, I feel Russian audiences are distorting facts, Canberra ties with Hobart for Australia's coldest major city in winter.

Why don't we look at some other places likely to host matches (because Canberra wont):

Average highs in June

Brisbane: 21.3
Gold Coast 21.1
Townsville 25.6
Newcastle 17.5
Perth 19.3

Some unimpressive numbers:

Sydney 16.3
Adelaide 16.1
Melbourne 14

Canberra is actually 12.2 in June, not 9 point whatever. Still it's a cold spot not to mention a dump and AFC would do well to steer the world away from Canberra.

I doubt Canberra would host matches, Canberra is behind Perth, Adelaide, Townsville, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane and Sydney amongst other places.

Regardless, mid teens isn't an indication that Russia isn't cold all the time, it's indication it has a really weak summer. At night time when alot of matches are played, it'd sure feel like winter. I think if temperatures are a concern then US is a good choice as it has stadiums in places which actually do have proper summers. Like Florida, California, Texas even NY has a decent summer.
Richo83 no está en línea  
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #36
SuCumaethor

I don't know why are you so insulted. He mentioned few cities, one of those was Madrid. No one thinks Madrid has "weak summer".

And yea in Russia during summer days are nice and warm and then at night snow and ice cowers all the land...
SuCumaethor no está en línea  
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #37
Richo83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCumaethor View Post
I don't know why are you so insulted. He mentioned few cities, one of those was Madrid. No one thinks Madrid has "weak summer".
I didn't say that, although Spain as a whole is alot warmer than Russia.

I mean I'm not insulted I just find each country has it's figures which it distorts to make it look better so you get these national e-***** battle threads. Russia's climate is probably one of it's drawbacks, whenever its held competitions they've been in Moscow where in a big city it's not such a problem. It's just there was a little ignorance from Russians on Australia, Canberra wont host any matches in a world cup IMO and it will be alot warmer in other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCumaethor View Post
And yea in Russia during summer days are nice and warm and then at night snow and ice cowers all the land...
Your nights are cold, even in summer. My uncle who has lived in Moscow said even in summer nights can get very cold.
Richo83 no está en línea  
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #38
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Richo83
And we have bears walking the streets. Ask your uncle)))
Summer in Russia is very hot, even in Siberia more than 30. You're more likely to freeze to death in South Africa this summer.
rus no está en línea  
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #39
Gran Kanarya
Gran Kanarya

in my opinion Russia is one of the few countries that deserves to host the WC for several different reasons, it looks like a nice strong bid as well, Good Luck Russia.
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #40
Richo83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus View Post
Richo83
And we have bears walking the streets. Ask your uncle)))
Summer in Russia is very hot, even in Siberia more than 30. You're more likely to freeze to death in South Africa this summer.
Freeze to death in SA? Sure.

@ Gran:

England will get the 2018 world cup (or at least should, it'd be highway robbery if they didn't get at least one of the two world cups on offer) would FIFA be willing to host two world cups in a row? If so, Spain seems a better bet, they have good facilities and by 2022 it would be 40 years for a giant of world football to host it. If not, China which is a growing market seems more apt. Russia? Not sure. It's ahead of Qatar, SK, Japan, Indonesia, comparable to Australia, China, Benelux and US and behind Spain/Portugal and far behind England. It has some good points and bad points like Australia, China, Benelux and US. I'd probably rank it the 4th best bid behind England, Spain/Portugal and Benelux. The US hosted the world cup recently and I'd say China and Australia's facilities are behind Russia's (although China offers a massive market, if you get Chinese football in the game then for FIFA).

England is surely a monty for the 2018 world cup. Plenty of stadiums of sufficient size and standard, a deep football culture, immediate appeal to European/African/American markets and haven't hosted it since 66 even though they invented the sport. This puts other European bids in a tough spot.
Richo83 no está en línea  

Closed Thread