daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2010, 04:04 AM   #101
Dezmond

Likes (Received): 0

Rosii need this championat, great stadiums, there is something to aspire, I am from a town party ... if we get it will be something
Dezmond no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #102
rtbedm

Likes (Received): 0

Ideally th UK and Australia will win the World Cups. But FIFA will give Russia one of the World Cups to keep them from whining like they did when they lost the Hockey gold medal.

Russia is the queen of playing the victim
rtbedm no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #103
Fobos2030

Likes (Received): 3192

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbedm View Post
Ideally th UK and Australia will win the World Cups. But FIFA will give Russia one of the World Cups to keep them from whining like they did when they lost the Hockey gold medal.

Russia is the queen of playing the victim
WTF? Who was whining man? Prove your insulting words...
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #104
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Andrey Arshavin will take part in Bid presentation in South Africa on June, 10th.

and

FIFA probe dismisses Russia-Spain World Cup bribery claims

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20100528/159204607.html
AILD no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #105
Bogus Law

Likes (Received): 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meRnRrgQ3Fc&NR=1

Here's a part of a film from 1997. I wonder whether you still have trams like the one you can see from min 1:45 in St. Peterburg.
Bogus Law no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #106
Bogus Law

del

Last edited by Bogus Law; May 29th, 2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #107
RobH

Likes (Received): 10326

Here you go

Take the bit after the v= in the URL and wrap it in YouTube tags, like so (delete the last space before final square bracket):

Code:
[youtube]meRnRrgQ3Fc[/youtube ]
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #108
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Here you go

Take the bit after the v= in the URL and wrap it in YouTube tags, like so (delete the last space before final square bracket):

Code:
[youtube]meRnRrgQ3Fc[/youtube ]
Stop the trolls. This is "Brother" (1997 film) - Russian classic movie 90
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_(1997_film)
rus no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #109
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6819

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOP View Post
2022 Australia
+ Warm climate

2026 Canada
+ Same as above, except the climate.
Average climate for June. Obviously there is a late autumn in Australian June - relatively cold and cloudy.

average temp / precipitation / sunshine hours / humidity
Melbourne: +12C / 49mm / 108 hours
Sydney: +13C / 131mm / 165 hours / 57%
Brisbane: +16C / 27mm

Saint Petersburg: +16C / 64mm
Moscow: +17C / 84mm / 279 hours / 70%
Sochi: +20C / 99mm / 258 hours

Montreal: +17C / 83mm / 246 hours
Calgary: +14C / 80mm / 280 hours
Vancouver: +15C / 55mm / 229 hours
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #110
Bogus Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus View Post
Stop the trolls. This is "Brother" (1997 film) - Russian classic movie 90
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_(1997_film)
I'm not asking about the film title, I've watched the film so I know that, and it's not the point.
However, I've never been to your country so I'm simply asking: is this the reality? can you actually see such horrid trams cruising round the streets of your second biggest city nowadays?
When you bid for the WC transport and infrastructure is as important as stadiums so I don't understand why am I not allowed to ask such a question and why am I being called a troll.
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #111
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus Law View Post
I'm not asking about the film title, I've watched the film so I know that, and it's not the point.
However, I've never been to your country so I'm simply asking: is this the reality? can you actually see such horrid trams cruising round the streets of your second biggest city nowadays?
When you bid for the WC transport and infrastructure is as important as stadiums so I don't understand why am I not allowed to ask such a question and why am I being called a troll.
You can still find old trams in small cities and few old trams in average cities. Enough for you? Anyway it's not the point. 2018 is still 8 years ahead.
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #112
AILD
BANNED

Sochi stadium, WC-2018 mode.

image hosted on flickr

Original
AILD no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:53 AM   #113
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

As much as I want the England bid, the Sochi stadium looks a bit fantastic.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #114
RobH

Likes (Received): 10326

Yep, the location and design are fantastic and the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics will be there.

Are there no plans to build up the stands behind the goals before 2018, or at the very least have them less open (for security reasons if nothing else)?
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #115
Akril
lächelnkopf

Likes (Received): 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus Law View Post
can you actually see such horrid trams cruising round the streets of your second biggest city nowadays?
Why do you concerned with this utility tram? It's not like you are allowed to ride them anyway. Passenger trams looks different. The oldest operational is Tatra T3 variation constructed in 80-s.
Akril no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #116
stevensp

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
Sochi stadium, WC-2018 mode.

image hosted on flickr

Original
amazing design

i like it that the are finaly opening a bit the idea of a stadium!
great great design!

+ more project updates will be posted soon!
stevensp no está en línea  
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #117
AILD
BANNED

Quote:
ANDREY ARSHAVIN AND DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER SHUVALOV TEAMING UP

Football star Andrei Arshavin and First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov will team up with a high-profile Bidding Committee delegation at the FIFA Bidder Expo after the conclusion of the 60th Ordinary FIFA Congress in Johannesburg on 10 June.

South Africa will be the next stop in Russia's bid campaign to earn the right to host either the 2018 or 2022 FIFA World Cup™. As part of the process, a delegation headed by Deputy Prime Minister Shuvalov will present the merits of the Russian bid to the worldwide football family, united at the FIFA Congress and consisting of association members, confederation representatives, observers and various dignitaries.

Bid CEO Alexey Sorokin welcomed the bid ambassador and his contribution to the bid effort. "As we forge ahead with our candidature, a high level of communication has developed between the government and our football organisations, akin to one touch passing in the game. Proof of this is evident in our delegation to South Africa. In addition to First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov and Vitaly Mutko, Minister for Sports, Youth and Tourism, representing the government, we are thrilled to have such a well-known ambassador of Russian football as Andrei Arshavin join us in Johannesburg to further enhance our team."

Also present will be Russian Football Union President Sergei Fursenko and Bid Sports Director and ambassador Alexey Smertin, Arshavin's predecessor at the helm of the Russian national team.

2006 Russian footballer of the year, Arshavin gained international attention at the UEFA Euro 2008 championship. The versatile attacking midfielder, currently on the books of Arsenal FC in England, became the first player since 1946 to score four league goals in one match at Liverpool's Anfield ground as Arsenal secured a 4-4 draw in April 2009.

Prior to the FIFA Congress, the Bid Committee has been invited to present its candidature to the association delegates attending the Congress of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) on 8 June in Johannesburg.

Russia's presentations will be based on the Bid Book it submitted to FIFA on 14 May 2010 in Zurich. The actual bid book consists of three volumes with a total of 1,100 pages, which provide a comprehensive overview of Russia as a potential host country for the FIFA World Cup™.

Following the FIFA World Cup™, the next milestone for the bid is the inspection visit, when a delegation of FIFA experts will visit Russia from 16 to 19 August. FIFA will designate the host nations for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments at a special meeting of the Executive Committee on 2 December 2010.
http://www.russia2018-2022.com/en/ne...7062010--.aspx
AILD no está en línea  
Old June 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #118
AILD
BANNED

Quote:
Russia won EBSC 2010 in Rome

FINAL Russia-Portugal 6-4

This is the second tournament win for Russia. 6-4 over Portugal in the final defines that it is Russia that rules European Beach Soccer right now. Makarov (RUS) and Madjer (POR) 2 goals each. It is no surprice that Russia wins. They have a solid team and many players that do deliver goals. The other teams in Europe often have some players that do the goals – Madjer and Belchior for Portugal. It is getting tighter in the top 6 teams and every team have to be prepared and concentrated through every match. Will be interesting to follow the coming event and WC qualification for 2011 in Italy.
http://beachsoccerfamily.com/?p=564

In 2009, Russia won Euro Beach Soccer League. So they are currently best team in Europe in Beach Soccer .
AILD no está en línea  
Old June 7th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #119
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

crazyalex no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #120
AILD
BANNED

Quote:
Russia 2018/2022 Bid Committee to Sponsor Soccerex Networking Cafe in Asia and Brazil

Soccerex is delighted to confirm that the Russia 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup Bid Committee has signed up to sponsor the networking cafe at both the Soccerex Asian Forum (28-29 July, Singapore) and the Soccerex Global Convention (20-24 November, Rio de Janeiro).

The Russian Bid Committee sponsored the cafe at each of the last two Soccerex events – the 2009 Global Convention and the inaugural Soccerex European Forum – and has chosen to extend their sponsorship to cover the remaining Soccerex events in 2010, in the build up to FIFA’s decision in December, regarding the location of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups.

“Soccerex continues to form an important part of our promotional strategy. As we enter a very busy phase in our campaign, we recognize the value of being able to reach in one place as many key decision makers in football as possible,” commented Alexey Sorokin, Bid Committee CEO.

Soccerex offers unrivalled networking opportunities within the football industry and the Networking Cafe is central to this, located at each event in the middle of the exhibition hall forming a networking hub for delegates to meet and interact.

The Soccerex Asian Forum will feature some of the continent’s most high-profile figures including Mohamed bin Hammam (President, AFC) and Worawi Makudi (President, Thailand FA) along with brands and clubs from across the continent.

Taking place in the world’s biggest football market, the two-day forum will enable an exchange of ideas between the west and the east and allow partnerships to be forged between European and Asian football rights holders and businesses.
http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33388
AILD no está en línea  

Closed Thread