daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 11th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #161
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 6979

Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD View Post
Thanks.

embed:

Fantastic !

Simply the best new stadium building in a old stadium, better than Lepzig and Besiktas projetcs.

FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims

Gadiri no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #162
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus View Post
10 Russian host cities of the 2018 World Cup have sea or river ports:
Kaliningrad(Baltic Sea)
Saint Petersburg(Baltic Sea, Neva River)
Moscow(Moskva River)
Yaroslav, Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Samara, Volgograd(all Volga River)
Rostov-on-Don(Don River)
Sochi(Black Sea)
http://www.travelallrussia.com/russi...-on-don-7.html
Baltic Sea<>Neva River<>Ladoga Lake<>Onega Lake<>Volga River<>Don River<>Sea of Azov<>Black Sea
Zenit fans on the Neva River:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFpK...layer_embedded
rus no está en línea  
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #163
Sochi NEW Dubai

Likes (Received): 3

Rus and ekaterinburg,Saransk and Krasnodar
Sochi NEW Dubai no está en línea  
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #164
Huskies

Likes (Received): 50

The only way i can se Russia getting it ahead of England would be corruption. England has the stadiums, the culture and has waited WAY to long. I wouldnt mind russia getting it smetime in the future though, but USA and spain should probably get a second first.

Edit: the above stadium is really cool, nice vid
Huskies no está en línea  
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #165
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

But if FIFA is serious about spreading the game then Russia could very well steal it, after all they have the almost unlimited funds to throw at it and build the stadiums.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #166
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies View Post
The only way i can se Russia getting it ahead of England would be corruption. England has the stadiums, the culture and has waited WAY to long. I wouldnt mind russia getting it smetime in the future though, but USA and spain should probably get a second first.

It's already got what it was waited for. England has hosted 1966 World Cup. There were only 11 World Cups since that and there are way more than 11 countries which never hosted, but willing to host it. Not to mention France 1998 and Germany 2006. Both can be counted as home for England, as both are cheap for Brits, just few hours away from Britain and does not require any visas and any international documents. Russia 2018 bid covers area more than UK, France, Germany and rest of countries between them.

Last edited by coth; July 15th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
coth no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #167
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochi NEW Dubai View Post
Rus and ekaterinburg,Saransk and Krasnodar
I wrote about 10 cities, which are connected waterways. I think this will be our chip. Tourists from South Europe (Italy, Spain, Croatia, Greece and others) will be able to travel through Russia from the south to north along the Russian rivers for their National teams. And from Northern Europe (England, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden and others) can be reached by ships or yachts in the South of Russia to Rostov and Sochi.

P.S. Navigation is developed only on the Kuban River in the Krasnodar region, but there is no way in the Black Sea and other basins. Ekaterinburg and Saransk not have water transport, but there are rivers and lakes for swimming.
rus no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #168
JimB

Likes (Received): 4850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies View Post

England has more and better stadiums now but, by 2018, both countries will have great stadiums.

And, sure, England has waited far too long to host the World Cup. But, having never been host country, Russia has waited even longer!

Too close to call, IMO. And we can't write off Holland / Belgium and Spain / Portugal either........though, IMO, they are the outsiders (Iberia especially) because they both involve two bidding nations and that would mean one less qualification place for UEFA.
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #169
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
It's already got what it was waited for. England has hosted 1966 World Cup. There were only 11 World Cups since that and there are way more than 11 countries which never hosted, but willing to host it. Not to mention France 1998 and Germany 2006. Both can be counted as home for England, as both are cheap for Brits, just few hours away from Britain and does not require any visas and any international documents. Russia 2018 bid covers area more than UK, France, Germany and rest of countries between them.
If Russia get 2018, is there going to be any relaxation on Russia's Strick visa requirements?
I had two friends that were denied a visa because of rigid technicalities (don't write "See attached Documentation" when asked point and dates of entry and departure from Russia )
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #170
Balam56

Likes (Received): 1539

que hermosos estadios de futbol para rusia felicidades amigos............
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #171
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
If Russia get 2018, is there going to be any relaxation on Russia's Strick visa requirements?
I had two friends that were denied a visa because of rigid technicalities (don't write "See attached Documentation" when asked point and dates of entry and departure from Russia )
The question is - will UK lift visa requirments during Olympic Games. I highly doubt so. Russia is ready to lift requirments for EU just this year. All depend on EU only.
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #172
Walbanger

um, that wasn't my question, I thought this was the thread to ask Russians about the Russian Bid and related issues. I can ask an Englishman about their bid and country in their World Cup thread.
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #173
coth
pride leader

Speaking of Australia - as far as i know Australia has no any plans to lift requirments for Russia. So yet again - it's all up to Australia.
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #174
JimB

Quote:
Speaking of Australia - as far as i know Australia has no any plans to lift requirments for Russia. So yet again - it's all up to Australia.
You still haven't answered the question.

Is Russia planning to ease off on its strict VISA requirements at least for the duration of the World Cup, should they get it? You say that plans are afoot for EU countries. What about the rest of the world?
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #175
Walbanger

Quote:
I was not aware of that. Maybe Russia could be the better man and relax there restrictions first, show us Australians something. God knows many people would love to travel in Russia but are put off by the visa headaches. It's easier to go to the Ukraine.
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #176
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
You still haven't answered the question.

Is Russia planning to ease off on its strict VISA requirements at least for the duration of the World Cup, should they get it? You say that plans are afoot for EU countries. What about the rest of the world?
Does it so matter?
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #177
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
I was not aware of that. Maybe Russia could be the better man and relax there restrictions first, show us Australians something. God knows many people would love to travel in Russia but are put off by the visa headaches. It's easier to go to the Ukraine.
Russia is said to ready cancel visa for most of the World any time. But those things cannot be done in a one gate. It could be done only by double side agreements. Two months ago Australia said not wishing to do it.
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #178
JimB

Quote:
Does it so matter?
Yes....if you're planning to welcome hundreds of thousands of football fans to your country, most of whom will be arriving at the same time and many of whom will only decide to travel at the last moment (especially if their team does better than expected).

I'd have thought that it mattered quite a lot.
JimB no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #179
coth
pride leader

Well then all of bidding countries have same problem. So it won't affect anyone.
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #180
JimB

Quote:
Well then all of bidding countries have same problem. So it won't affect anyone.
Who said anything about other countries?

Wallbanger only asked a reasonable question about Russia's visa requirements on this thread because......................................................well, because this is the thread about the Russian bid. Pretty glaringly obvious, I would have thought.

Why so defensive? Why do you keep bringing other bid countries into it?
JimB no está en línea  

Closed Thread